Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,381 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... (4860 Views)

Photos From Moses Simon's Traditional Marriage / Iheanacho, Simon, Awoniyi Called Up For U23 Cup Of Nations / Nigeria "Ronaldo" Moses Simon Amazing Skills, Goals, Assists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by mrvictor: 4:23pm On Aug 09, 2014
Watch out for Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo.
The boy's name is Moses Daddy-Ajala Simon
Just 19years of age.
...very young, skillful and hot...

Moses Daddy-Ajala Simon ● Nigerian Maestro ● Goals and Skills ...see video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD_Rp6IU00Y
Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by mrvictor: 4:45pm On Aug 09, 2014
...Tell me that boy is not good?
I learnt Tottenham and Liverpool are interested in signing him.

1 Like

Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by robosky02(m): 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2014
keep it coming 2018 we must carry the world cup

3 Likes

Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by Emperortj93(m): 6:03pm On Aug 09, 2014
Nigeria lionel messi
Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by mrvictor: 6:22pm On Aug 09, 2014
Just imagine Moses Simon and Iheanacho attacking for the senior team in the next 3-4years. That is if they should maintain this tempo. They will be too hot to handle by any team's defense.

3 Likes

Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 09, 2014
mrvictor: Just imagine Moses Simon and Iheanacho attacking for the senior team in the next 3-4years. That is if they should maintain this tempo. They will be too hot to handle by any team's defense.
We have by far the best upcoming generation in Africa, and globally only behind Brazil, Portugal and maybe Germany. The 2016 Olympics should be when we transition them to our senior team finally. No need to rush them like we rushed Mikel. I think we can still win AFCON 2015 with our current S.E but afterwards we should make these new guys the nucleus of the team going into AFCON 2017 and beyond.
If only we had a decent league to retain some control over their footballing progress because currently they're all at the mercy of European coaches and managers who can decide to bench them or play them out of position like was done with Mikel's 2005 set.

5 Likes

Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by kris(m): 8:02pm On Aug 09, 2014
The only problem you guys are forgetting is that most of our Naija born players dey fake their age. This is the right time to use them in the National Team, not when dem turn 30 for real, and we think say dem be 22.

That's why our youngsters always fade fast. The boy is good, so make dem invite am now before him old.

7 Likes

Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by mrvictor: 11:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
rickkid: We have by far the best upcoming generation in Africa, and globally only behind Brazil, Portugal and maybe Germany. The 2016 Olympics should be when we transition them to our senior team finally. No need to rush them like we rushed Mikel. I think we can still win AFCON 2015 with our current S.E but afterwards we should make these new guys the nucleus of the team going into AFCON 2017 and beyond.
If only we had a decent league to retain some control over their footballing progress because currently they're all at the mercy of European coaches and managers who can decide to bench them or play them out of position like was done with Mikel's 2005 set.

very right!

2 Likes

Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by Afrok(m): 10:38am On Aug 10, 2014
kris: The only problem you guys are forgetting is that most of our Naija born players dey fake their age. This is the right time to use them in the National Team, not when dem turn 30 for real, and we think say dem be 22.

That's why our youngsters always fade fast. The boy is good, so make dem invite am now before him old.
based on ur point, I'll support U by saying make dem invite am now before him get too old undecided

1 Like

Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by Afrok(m): 10:47am On Aug 10, 2014
Even though you tube videos can make Ashley Young play better than C. Ronaldo, I still believe that Nigerian have alot of skills and talents in him if he's properly managed to full maturity, he'll go places.

1 Like

Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by micfoley: 1:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
One problem is obvious looking at the video. This very skilful Nigerian player, like many others of his kind , is playing in near empty stadia in an obscure league somewhere. It will be extremely difficult for his club career or international career to progress if he remains there
Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by wordychap: 2:24pm On Aug 10, 2014
He's good n should be invited now, let's forget this waiting for maturity talk, these boys are men!

1 Like

Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by Kai5vil: 3:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by mrvictor: 8:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
wordychap: He's good n should be invited now, let's forget this waiting for maturity talk, these boys are men!

...these boys are men! grin grin grin
Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by modextus(m): 10:12pm On Aug 10, 2014
same name and surname wtf!!!!!
Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by kris(m): 2:05am On Aug 11, 2014
modextus: same name and surname wtf!!!!!

Same name and surname as who? You? Make am clear na, bros.
Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by kris(m): 2:07am On Aug 11, 2014
micfoley: One problem is obvious looking at the video. This very skilful Nigerian player, like many others of his kind , is playing in near empty stadia in an obscure league somewhere. It will be extremely difficult for his club career or international career to progress if he remains there

A good Super Eagles coach will give him a chance even if he's in obscure league.

Why is it that we spend time looking for good players, but the coaches that get paid for their job don't have time to discover these talents?

Na wa o, diaris God o!

1 Like

Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by Syenite(m): 6:07am On Aug 11, 2014
kris: The only problem you guys are forgetting is that most of our Naija born players dey fake their age. This is the right time to use them in the National Team, not when dem turn 30 for real, and we think say dem be 22.

MRI has now ensured that players of the right age are fielded. This crop of U20 players are truely U20 except u are telling me d MRI scan is a scam.

Btw that was how Victor Moses started, I hope Simon Moses doesn't tow the line of Victor.

3 Likes

Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by kris(m): 6:42am On Aug 11, 2014
Syenite:
MRI has now ensured that players of the right age are fielded. This crop of U20 players are truely U20 except u are telling me d MRI scan is a scam.

Btw that was how Victor Moses started, I hope Simon Moses doesn't tow the line of Victor.

And you think the MRI scan is perfect?

Let's keep a tab on the shelf life of our players. If by the age of 25, they start to be on a downward spiral, you know they are old.

Did you hear about that American soccer player (Maduabuchi "Abuchi" Obinwa) that failed the MRI test? This kid was born in the US, he cannot falsify his birth certificate. He was truly underage, but the scan failed him.

So it's not perfect. I believe that if your age is close enough, you can beat it, depending on your bones o!

2 Likes

Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by Syenite(m): 9:49am On Aug 11, 2014
^^^ Thanks for ur last sentence. Atleast we have a common understanding on that.

1 Like

Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by arsetalks(m): 10:02am On Aug 11, 2014
@ mrvictor, are you his agent or something? Just kidding. To be honest, Nigeria has a lot of talented players in Europe and NFF only just need to ensure the coaches go after this players.

We should forget about winning tournaments for a while and concentrate on actually building a strong team for the future. So many players.

At Arsenal we have - Akpom, Iwobi, Ademola ( and 3 others whose names I can't remember off hand ) plus Aneke, Arinze both of who just left Arsenal for other clubs.

We also have Tiago Ilori at Liverpool, 3 ( one Demola who was one of the reason Barca got banned ) at Barca, Real Madrid just signed one. Ac Milan has like 3-4 as well.

We should not wait till this players get snatched ( Patrick Owoyemola comes to mind, though he didn't end up doing well mainly because he didn't get the chances ) by other countries and then cry wolf.

1 Like

Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by OluOlaBlitz(m): 1:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
So far so good. This is the first forum I have seen in a long time that is not characterized by foul mouthed contributions. Go Nairaland!

1 Like

Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by OluOlaBlitz(m): 1:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
Yes Yes Yes, Nigeria has a lot of footballers plying their trades in the top leagues in Europe. However, we cannot start inviting these players in droves because the team has a lot of upcoming commitments, starting with the AFCON qualifiers. An utter tampering with the team will be highly detrimental.
But wait oh, which player will want to jump into the current NFF burning fire?

1 Like

Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by easyelliot(m): 2:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
Maybe the beginning of a golden generation, now if we can get the right tactics in place to take advantage of their skills, oh my!!! Sky is the limit.

1 Like

Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 11, 2014
lets watch him play for U-20 national team before we start the HYPING
Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by iconize(m): 4:31pm On Aug 11, 2014
The rate at which Nigerians hype their footballers is really appalling.
Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by mrvictor: 9:49pm On Aug 11, 2014
arsetalks: @ mrvictor, are you his agent or something? Just kidding. To be honest, Nigeria has a lot of talented players in Europe and NFF only just need to ensure the coaches go after this players.

We should forget about winning tournaments for a while and concentrate on actually building a strong team for the future. So many players.

At Arsenal we have - Akpom, Iwobi, Ademola ( and 3 others whose names I can't remember off hand ) plus Aneke, Arinze both of who just left Arsenal for other clubs.

We also have Tiago Ilori at Liverpool, 3 ( one Demola who was one of the reason Barca got banned ) at Barca, Real Madrid just signed one. Ac Milan has like 3-4 as well.

We should not wait till this players get snatched ( Patrick Owoyemola comes to mind, though he didn't end up doing well mainly because he didn't get the chances ) by other countries and then cry wolf.

I am not his agent o. As we all know, excellence just like a bright shining light can not be hidden. I first read about this our Moses Simon on UK tabloids and really he is good.
Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by mrvictor: 9:56pm On Aug 11, 2014
iconize: The rate at which Nigerians hype their footballers is really appalling.
...and so what will say of England?
Football is the only thing that brings out patriotism out of Nigerians and should remain so. That's almost all we've got at least to smile about collectively in this country.
Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by iconize(m): 10:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
mrvictor:
...and so what will say of England?
Football is the only thing that brings out patriotism out of Nigerians and should remain so. That's almost all we've got at least to smile about collectively in this country.

So because football brings out the patriotism in us, we should then over-hype our players?
Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by Nobody: 1:37am On Aug 12, 2014
Love his name, Daddy-Ajala. grin
Re: Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:00am On Aug 12, 2014
kris:

And you think the MRI scan is perfect?

Let's keep a tab on the shelf life of our players. If by the age of 25, they start to be on a downward spiral, you know they are old.

Did you hear about that American soccer player (Maduabuchi "Abuchi" Obinwa) that failed the MRI test? This kid was born in the US, he cannot falsify his birth certificate. He was truly underage, but the scan failed him.

So it's not perfect. I believe that if your age is close enough, you can beat it, depending on your bones o!
Due to excess training, Abuchi's bones hardened early. A young player can fail the MRI even though he is young. But, an old player can hardly pass it.

It is a system devised to overage players.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Nta Sport24 On Startimes Showing The U20 World Cup Live? / Top Footballers & Their WAGS With Pictures / Fifa U-17 Women’s World Cup. Nigeria Vs Trinidad & Tobago. (2:1) final scoreline.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.