Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

GBAM!!! Ebola Vaccine To Be Ready In 2015 BY WHO. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / GBAM!!! Ebola Vaccine To Be Ready In 2015 BY WHO. (848 Views)

Ebola Vaccine To Cost $100(N16,560) Per Dose! / World's First Malaria Vaccine To Be Commercially Available Soon / HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GBAM!!! Ebola Vaccine To Be Ready In 2015 BY WHO. by Naijavibz1: 6:41pm On Aug 09, 2014
The World Health Organization today announced that clinical trials of a preventative vaccine for the Ebola virus made by British pharma company GlaxoSmithKline may begin next month and made available by 2015.

According to AFP, Jean-Marie Okwo Bele, the WHO's head of vaccines and immunisation, said this; adding that he was optimistic about making the vaccine commercially available.
"We are targeting September for the start of clinical trials, first in the United States and certainly in African countries, since that's where we have the cases. We think that if we
start in September, we could already have results by the end of the year. And since this is an emergency, we can put emergency procedures in place ... so that we can have a vaccine available by 2015."
There is currently no available cure or vaccine for Ebola, a virus that causes severe fever and, in the worst cases, unstoppable bleeding. It has claimed close to 1,000 lives in the latest epidemic to spread across west Africa this year. Several vaccines are being tested, and a treatment made by San Diego-based Mapp Biopharmaceutical, ZMapp, has shown promising results on monkeys and may have been effective in treating two Americans recently infected in Africa.
Re: GBAM!!! Ebola Vaccine To Be Ready In 2015 BY WHO. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
We are waiting patiently.

1 Like

Re: GBAM!!! Ebola Vaccine To Be Ready In 2015 BY WHO. by uken73(m): 8:57pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hope it works out and soon.
Re: GBAM!!! Ebola Vaccine To Be Ready In 2015 BY WHO. by Toosure70: 9:25pm On Aug 09, 2014
dont mind. I ve d herbal solution

1 Like

Re: GBAM!!! Ebola Vaccine To Be Ready In 2015 BY WHO. by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 10, 2014
Makes you wonder if they did not release the virus in first place to get the funding and go ahead for the vaccine... instead of the normal 5 year delay they will now have money in their pockets by next year

1 Like

Re: GBAM!!! Ebola Vaccine To Be Ready In 2015 BY WHO. by Naijavibz1: 9:46am On Aug 10, 2014
Toosure70: dont mind. I ve d herbal solution
Lol
Please make it commercial abeg! cool cool cool
would love to be you Accountant grin grin grin
Re: GBAM!!! Ebola Vaccine To Be Ready In 2015 BY WHO. by Toosure70: 11:10am On Aug 10, 2014
Naijavibz1:
Lol
Please make it commercial abeg! cool cool cool
would love to be you Accountant grin grin grin
not joke o. Is d only i gain from my great grand pa. It can cure any infection. Try me
Re: GBAM!!! Ebola Vaccine To Be Ready In 2015 BY WHO. by chiwuike20: 11:42am On Aug 10, 2014
d so-called vaccines will be ready in 2015 after they must have finished selling d infrared detection devices to help check d spread into our boarders and hand out countless burdensome Aid dat will in d end plunge Africa into an unending abyss of poverty. d scam called Ebola and how gullible and helpless Africans are will continue to amaze me all my life.

in d case of Nigeria, I have observed that till dis moment, d name of d hospital Mr sawyer was treated is still a mystery (it isn't consultant practice as was circulated, dey had their first patient yesterday 9th august, according to d news), d nurse who contracted it is nameless and new cases discovered is nothing different.
This Ebola Scam to plunder Africa is really thriving

1 Like

Re: GBAM!!! Ebola Vaccine To Be Ready In 2015 BY WHO. by guyANDROID1: 9:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
WTF, you'd Malaria, typhoid, weakness. They term it as Ebola... That aint my portion

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ebola Scare: Passengers Flee Train As Man Faints! / Known JOHESU Journalist Arrested For Alleged Blackmail! / How Safe Is "Bio Alkaline Water"? *Photos*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.