Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's - TV/Movies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's (120018 Views)

Do Yo Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 80's And 90's? / Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows / Soap Operas Of Late 80's And Early 90's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by UjSizzle(f): 8:41pm On Aug 11, 2014
CFCfan:

You remember all of them grin

My best is the Mr Biggs' 10th anniversary ad. I only remember the first few lines though
Awww I only remember the opening line of that song and can hum the rest of it.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by UjSizzle(f): 8:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
akmaldini: d bold and d beautiful

Wild rose,Egoli place of gold,santabrara..
I liked Egoli

Then another station aired the American soaps....
Friends
California Dreams
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by dont8(m): 8:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
For the sake of Y2K Children, I bring to you - Three Orange-men advert: cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-arPeDEQYk

Peterock0009: Mirinda 3 Orange men grin grin

I so miss dat advert cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Mynd44: 8:51pm On Aug 11, 2014
UjSizzle:

Mr Biggs is ten, come share with us, lots of fun and exictment.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
UjSizzle:

I think that ad came out in 1996. Then I was under 9 years old.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by dont8(m): 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
Mynd, how old were you then?
Mynd44:
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 11, 2014
Mynd44:
Correct!
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by dont8(m): 8:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
Correct smiley

CableTel and Clapperboard were my best stations then.
UjSizzle:
Oh yes we be the best
we no dey waste time at all
to bring you news and sports
current affairs, entertainment

In my country na AIT
the best tv na AIT
for this new century na AIT
every corner everybody say na AIT cheesy
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by UjSizzle(f): 8:56pm On Aug 11, 2014
Mynd44:
Yeah that's the only part I know....
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by UjSizzle(f): 8:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
CFCfan:
I think that ad came out in 1996. Then I was under 9 years old.
lol so was I. I don't I was above 9 for any of these adverts I remember. The good thing is that some of them aired for quite some time.

I think Gala had an advert too, but I can't recollect.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by daveP(m): 8:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
Adufetohposh: *singing* knorr cube, knorr cube super taste in ur cooking, pple with taste use knorr cube........ knorr cube is super taste. and super tase is knorr cube, join us as one of the people that use knorr cube for that super taste in meal...*dancing*

( in PopC's voice) ADUFEEEEE!!!! CHAI!! grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by prof800(m): 9:01pm On Aug 11, 2014
meforyou1: Someone pls help me out with a certain coca cola advert played during a certain world cup. Can't remember d wordings. Something like 'the sun will ever something, the moon will ever something'. Ends with 'it's always coca cola'
Here you go, papa.
[WATCH]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk5OBmtsVt4
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Mutuwa(m): 9:02pm On Aug 11, 2014
Good ol days.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Mynd44: 9:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
dont8: Mynd, how old were you then?
15 I think
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by otipoju(m): 9:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
Nihilist:

Barka du sallah something something Abinchi...

I think that's how the Hausa verse started.

The Yoruba rap was mad too

A ki yin kabo so ri iluwa?

Don't remember now...

That was the welcome song for Nigeria 99 junior world cup.

Welcome to Nigeria 99, welcome to Nigeria 99, welcome to the land where milk flo o o ws.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by prof800(m): 9:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
xynerise: Moji, Moji, Moji family soap...e dey last well well and e dey good for your body.

Love soap and flower soap...keep your family together
'Mojees' soap!
That was Mojees. Rival with S.T soap, Okin block soap and Canoe soap.

CFCfan: Who remembers Mr Biggs 12th anniversary ad in 1996?
***singing***
Mr Biggs is ten...
Come and share with us...
Lots of fun and excitement...
uhhh yeahhhh..!!

bobnazzygon: Who remembers "LAIDE" body cream advert in yoruba. CALL: Laide o RESPONSE: Tiwa ni. CALL: Perfume jelly RESPONSE: Odara. CALL: O dara pupo o RESPONSE: Laideeeeeee. Naira meta ati adoota kobo.
I remember Laide cream... and 'Tura' bodycream and soap.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by daveP(m): 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
Tucees: Planters margarine and the old coca cola advert where children were singing!! Those were the days that people actually used their head to come up with captivating commercials that makes one really believe in the product and want to use it! Not the half baked ones we have these days mteewsz!!angry Loved this one too! *singing* Nurti-c nutri-c our favourite drink our only drink! Another name for vitamin c eeee!!!! Satisfying! Nourishing! Our best friend is nutri-c yeh yeh!! I love to be a part of it I won't like to be left out our best friend Nutri-C!
nutri C!!!!
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by dont8(m): 9:09pm On Aug 11, 2014
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by remsonik(f): 9:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
Henrick007: fill in the gap..... Put am for tea......., put am for coffee..... Put am for akamu e go disolve one time,......
Cowbell dey for powder o e no fit dey for water cowbell our milk!!!
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by kevoneal: 9:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
UjSizzle:
Maria de losAngeles
The rich also cry
Esmeralda smiley
. Lady of the rose.(Where Gabriella disguised and took on a new identity as Ann Patrice Farar)
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 11, 2014
remsonik:
Cowbell dey for powder o e no fit dey for water cowbell our milk!!!
That one is unforgettable!
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by dont8(m): 9:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
Nice, can't remember how old I was then.
Mynd44:
15 I think
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
Abiola's campaign video (1993)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOLf5BDLTX0

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by daveP(m): 9:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
jared007: Can u guys remember 7up Advert(The Difference Is Clear), Top Tea Advert(Now we start to move around with top tea), Napoleon Brandy(which featured a white cat) and Sunny-Boy Milk Advert?

its the tea to lift up, when ever u stachichu grin (cant rem dat part,so dats what i en my bro said in replacement)

now its time to move around with top tea, its d big round bags that u see

good ole days mehn.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by akmaldini(m): 9:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
Who remember lucomalt,suntop nd tree top??
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by prof800(m): 9:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
dont8: Correct smiley

CableTel and Clapperboard were my best stations then.
CableTel and Clapperboard broke my heart... our hearts. sad
They left us when we loved them.
CableTel ran to paytv.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by HeroKing: 9:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
I don't have pix but I can remember the lyrics of some adverts. Those I remember are:

Bongo coffee: bongo, bongo, bongo, coffee to.....
Joy soap: joyeeeee, joy o, .....
Abidex drop: abidex drop today, strong man tomorrow.
Lux soap advert by Patti Boulaye
Bazooka toffee: am bazooka joe, joy is it!
Macleans: be important, be beautiful, use macleans today.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by prof800(m): 9:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
akmaldini: We just wanna tank u tank u 4 ur partronage,we just wanna tank u.4 getting 4 us u care
All through d years u hv bin dere,stayin by our syd show dat u re to careeee...
We jst wanna tank u 4 makin us ur choice Nta2 channels 5..
*singing along*
...thank you...
'...for making us serve you well.'
NTA2 Channel 5... your reach out station!

mehn...
I loved it.
My best station then!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by akmaldini(m): 9:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
Plz who remember Morning ride song?
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
prof800:
*singing along*
...thank you...
'...for making us serve you well.'
NTA2 Channel 5... your reach out station!

mehn...
I loved it.
My best station then!
Another favorite!!
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by iamord(m): 9:28pm On Aug 11, 2014
Awww!!! Bless you Op.. This thread brings back a lot of loving memories.. Those days were surely good ones. I had my own positive feel of it ! Back then there was still UTC in lagos, Kas chicken, And Flavors - if u carry unilag , ISL, or queens college girl there.. U don finish work lol. A lot of products where in the market back then.. The likes of prawn cracker, planta margarine, 2 mins instant noodles, fanta chapman, tandi goranda, elephant omo, limca , goldspot, richoco , pronto , afri cola, M & K ...chai life for here don spoil.. Those days were surely good ones

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

Meet The Bbnaija 2021 Female Housemates (Shine Ya Eye) / THE WALKING DEAD - Fan Page / Post Your links to Movies, Trailers & Series here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.