Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:22 AM

Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows (48068 Views)

Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's / Uri Geller loses his cool and really get mad in spoon council interview.. / Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by nanidee(f): 11:20pm On Jul 10, 2012
Now, this was when tv entertainment was really entertainment. I am watching them now and laughing my head off. This is so hillarious cheesy cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KygG-Xs1mpU&feature=related

2 Likes

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by nanidee(f): 11:25pm On Jul 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7bdVyGDYwk&feature=relmfu

lmao at 08:15 Chief Zebrudaya. . . alias 4.30 cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by nanidee(f): 11:28pm On Jul 10, 2012
funny enough, Ovularia looks much more younger than I thought. Lol (maybe because i was so tiny then grin)

2 Likes

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by nanidee(f): 11:39pm On Jul 10, 2012
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by nanidee(f): 11:51pm On Jul 10, 2012

1 Like

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by nanidee(f): 12:07am On Jul 11, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by braine(m): 1:01am On Jul 11, 2012
Gone are the days when good movies were written. I didn't watch some of them but their stories were well told.
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by nanidee(f): 1:18am On Jul 11, 2012
^^ Exactly! When you watch some of them, you see how talented those people were.

I was much too young to understand a lot of the shows back then, but watching them now, I see why my parents could never miss a single episode. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Jayboy124: 8:44am On Jul 11, 2012
Saw a few back then too.

The New Masqurade and Cheeckmate were my faves I think.

Was watching Phone Swap with a friend. Chief Zebrudaya was in the movie. And my friend said watching these legnds act, it's easy to see why they have been great actors for decades.

3 Likes

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by nanidee(f): 9:18am On Jul 11, 2012
Yaay. . . I remember check mate cheesy

I think that was where RMD became recognized, as well as Bob Manuel, then Ego Boyo (whoever knows what's up with her these days undecided

And there was also 'Behind the Clouds'.

Wow. . . The good old days. cry

1 Like

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Jayboy124: 12:12am On Jul 12, 2012
Think Francis Duru played Akpan too. Bob Manuel, yea. Think he was siblings to Ego or so.

I remember two scenes very well. One was in Chief's house when a maid or so who came from the village said "if you go this side FRY-OVER, you go this Bar Beach, you go this side FRY-OVER... In fact everywhere is full of FRY-OVER". The laugh wey we laugh then eh.

Then there was this scene where RMD kissed Ego and says something like "I hope the kiss was good enough".

Good oldies of the good old days.
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by meedx: 1:01pm On Jul 12, 2012
Jayboy124: Think Francis Duru played Akpan too. Bob Manuel, yea. Think he was siblings to Ego or so.

I remember two scenes very well. One was in Chief's house when a maid or so who came from the village said "if you go this side FRY-OVER, you go this Bar Beach, you go this side FRY-OVER... In fact everywhere is full of FRY-OVER". The laugh wey we laugh then eh.

Then there was this scene where RMD kissed Ego and says something like "I hope the kiss was good enough".

Good oldies of the good old days.
The Lagos is fryover housemaid role was played by Kate Henshaw.

1 Like

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Jayboy124: 5:55pm On Jul 12, 2012
meedx:

Seriously?

Woooooooooow!!!!

Thanks for the info. I really didn't know.
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by pecopeco: 7:15pm On Jul 12, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Qrisful: 7:35pm On Jul 12, 2012
VILLAGE HEADMASTER, SECOND CHANCE, SURA THE TAILOR, KOKO CLOSE, BASSY AND COMPANY, BEHIND THE CLOUD can i mention more?

4 Likes

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by mcsnup: 7:36pm On Jul 12, 2012
therein is some wonderful collections! wow, quite an age....
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by mrslecturer: 7:36pm On Jul 12, 2012
meedx:

The lagos fry-over was not played by Kate Henshaw. It was played by Uche Osotule.

1 Like

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 12, 2012
I still remember that Baba suwe comedy.I cant recall the title sha.
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by mcsnup: 7:40pm On Jul 12, 2012
nanidee: ^^ Exactly! When you watch some of them, you see how talented those people were.

I was much too young to understand a lot of the shows back then, but watching them now, I see why my parents could never miss a single episode. cheesy
can oi get a link to download some of this movies, need them in my collections, if you can please mail me the links
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by SisiKill1: 7:41pm On Jul 12, 2012
Behind the Clouds (Had no clue what was going on. . .just enjoyed looking at Nosa grin)

Checkmat[/b]e (The show that kicked off my love affair with RMD. In hindsight, I realize now I was in Love with Segun Kadiri not RMD cheesy. Apart from that period when they had some paki looking woman playing Anne Haathrop. . .the show was on point from start to finish)

[b]Village Headmaster
(Classic!! )

Tales by Moonlight. . .No sunday was complete without it! The days they don't show an episode for whatever reason felt like the world just tilted off its axis.

Sigh! Gone are 'em days.

7 Likes

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by SisiKill1: 7:43pm On Jul 12, 2012
mrs lecturer:

The lagos fry-over was not played by Kate Henshaw. It was played by Uche Osotule.

If I am not mistaken....two actresses played that part. So there is a possibility you are both right.
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by ABsI1: 7:45pm On Jul 12, 2012
mrs lecturer:

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Biggyd2: 7:51pm On Jul 12, 2012
IS it possible to get a collection of some of these programmes? Miss many of them.
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by AustineE1: 7:53pm On Jul 12, 2012
.....nt forgeting Jaguar!Samanja(old soldier),black wrapper,Icheoku(court clark),Tales by moonlight,Jaquar Nana's Daughter(aftermath of the civil war),Ripples,Riddles&Hope and a host of others!
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by ericmooret: 8:14pm On Jul 12, 2012
Jayboy124:

Seriously?

Woooooooooow!!!!

Thanks for the info. I really didn't know.
me too, I never knew it was her!
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by ishmael(m): 8:16pm On Jul 12, 2012
I can still remember Pot of life, Hotel de jordan, and Willi-Willi.

2 Likes

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by babazak(m): 8:29pm On Jul 12, 2012
still remember "cock crow at down"?
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by ypzilanti: 8:40pm On Jul 12, 2012
babazak: still remember "cock crow at down"?
Rooster crow at dawn! Nairaland censors!
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by shruuh: 8:43pm On Jul 12, 2012
[quote
author=Qrisful]VILLAGE HEADMASTER, SECOND CHANCE, SURA THE TAILOR, KOKO
CLOSE, BASSY AND COMPANY, BEHIND THE CLOUD can i mention more? [/quote] cock krow at dawn, samenja, jagua, magana ja ri ce ...
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by norrisman: 8:44pm On Jul 12, 2012
Pot of Life - Omila! Come to me! The thought of that movie still gives me the creeps.

Then Jimi Odumosu's Evil Encounter. I can never forget a scene where someone runs out of a house to a woman frying akara on the road and a guy appears and disappears repeatedly on the roof of the the house that person ran out from. There was also a scene where someones face was burnt on the cooker

And there was Lynx on Saturdays..... Hauwa!! Ooooo, scary!

Then a last one which I think was called The Dream. I remember a family driving @ night and then had a flat tyre. The dad starts walking and suddenly a vulcanizer appears out of nowhere @ like midnight. The stupid man then requests the services of the vulcanizer (which vulcanizer sits by the roadside @ midnight looking for customers?) Then I remember a group of people eating the intestines of the family in the car.

2 Likes

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by SayITnw: 8:49pm On Jul 12, 2012
Aluwe and oga Jide in that series...., efe on channel 12, erinkeke lagbole baba suwe, koko close, cock crows at dawn, ripples, checkmate, behind d cloud, bassey n company,

1 Like

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by SayITnw: 8:50pm On Jul 12, 2012
Aluwe and oga Jide in that series...., efe on channel 12, erinkeke lagbole baba suwe, koko close, cock crows at dawn, ripples, checkmate, behind d cloud, bassey n company,

Whao...they were great then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet The Big Brother Titans Season 1 Female Housemates (Names And Pictures) / Hushpuppi Film: Aremu Afolayan To 50 Cent 'I’m The One You’re Looking For' / 'Scam Show': BBNaija Viewers Outraged Over Kaisha's Eviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.