Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Abia State Gubernatorial Zoning In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia State Gubernatorial Zoning In 2015 (1161 Views)

Lesson Learnt From The Death Of Kogi State Gubernatorial Candidate Audu Abubakar / 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC / Delta State Gubernatorial Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia State Gubernatorial Zoning In 2015 by Dpeacemaker101: 11:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
The governor of Abia State, Dr. T.A Orji earlier this year promised a power shift to the Ukwa Ngwa zone of the state which comprises of the 9 local government of the said zone(Isiala Ngwa North, Isiala Ngwa South, Osisioma,Obingwa,ugwunagbo,Aba south,Aba North, Ukwa west, and Ukwa east),while the electorates and politicians were gearing up in preparation to choose the best candidates to contest the elections come 2015, the governor in a rally at the government house umuahia last month,made another speech saying that the power shift is to Abia South senatorial zone thereby excluding 3 local governments(Isiala Ngwa North,Isiala Ngwa South,and Osisioma) from his power shift to the Ukwa Ngwa,claiming to have represented these areas in his tenure as he hails from Abia central, and I tried to imagine what would have prompted his decision,and I had these conclusions to make;
1, The governor has found his replacement in these senatorial district, and doesn't want to publicly declear it
2, He might be playing the usual political gimmick with the people of Ukwa Ngwa
3, The governor might be trying to put confusion in the said Ukwa Ngwa zone,so that he can produce a successor.
My reasons for these conclusions are based on the fact that if any governor has planned to relinquish power to a particular zone, he should not go further by picking who will Succeed him in office, it is undemocratic and inhuman to the populace. People should be allowed to choose their leader and not have person(s) make choices for them,we are in the 21st century were things should be done with due process. And for those who have failed to listen to the voice of the masses,which is the voice of God, they should all restrain their steps before it is too late. Democracy should be allowed to run its full circle in Abia state, so that credible leaders will emerge and turn the state around for good, they are credible candidates in the Ukwa Ngwa region who can perform and they should be allowed to practice what they have done both in the private and public sector,where they have done tremendously well to Abia State.
Re: Abia State Gubernatorial Zoning In 2015 by Mekusnwa: 12:12am On Aug 10, 2014
I just think the zoning thing is just a waste of time,if he already has someone in mind. Everyone should be allowed to contest and let the most credible candidate win, we are tired of politicians with their promises in Abia state. They are Technocrats in Ukwa Ngwa zone who can help rebuild the state, they should be given the chance to contribute to the development of the state.
Re: Abia State Gubernatorial Zoning In 2015 by henchamb(m): 12:24am On Aug 10, 2014
osun is busy voting for credible candidates while my abia is still in this bondage called zoning.
Re: Abia State Gubernatorial Zoning In 2015 by Bukkyade: 12:32am On Aug 10, 2014
Henchamb,Abeg help me tell them. They should learn from my state,before it is too late.

1 Like

Re: Abia State Gubernatorial Zoning In 2015 by Countryman93: 11:44pm On Aug 10, 2014
This Ochendo is not even sure of his own election to the senate and he is planning of zoning to abia south, he is just playing around with Ngwa people.
Re: Abia State Gubernatorial Zoning In 2015 by Dpeacemaker101: 12:16am On Aug 11, 2014
The Ukwa Ngwa people need to stand in unity and vote a credible candidate into office come 2015.

(1) (Reply)

Abandoned By Europe and the US, Zimbabwe Turns To China for help. / PDP Plot To Stop INEC From Deploying Troops Fails / Gov. Fashola - More Ipps Coming Soon.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.