Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? (2190 Views)

Is Ebola Virus Actually A Biological Weapon? / Is Ebola Virus Created By The Whites???? CURE FOUND / What Is Ebola And Why Does It Kill? (a Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by texazzpete(m): 12:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
santinoj:

Yes we don't know the identities of boko haram victims but we see pics or proof of their activities.

I answered that question earlier. Is disrespectful to fail to read and hope i repeat myself.

santinoj:
We don't see selfies in aso rock toilets or bathrooms but we saw pics from inside Jonathan's private tv room where he was watching the Super Eagles play during the world cup.

yes, you saw a released PR pic. Security has nothing to do with it. In the same vein, there are s plethora of pictures from press briefings from Fashola to the Ministry of Health.

santinoj:
And all the info we are getting about Mr Sawyer entering Nigeria are from the ministries and other agencies. The same ones that keep telling us everyday that the whereabouts of Chibok girls is known but they are still missing? Come on, you should be smarter than that wink

I wasn't aware that the Lagos State Government, the Lagos state commisioner for health and even the Liberian Presidency have been telling us anything about the Chibok girls. Please elaborate on that.

Also worth noting that a consultant clinic is shut down indefinitely for quarantine over the Sawyer treatment. The hospital reputation has suffered a great deal because of the Ebola Stigma. Perhaps - in your opinion - they too are part of this conspiracy and are deliberately losing tens of millions of Naira revenue, if not hundreds of millions of Naira?
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by santinoj(m): 12:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
For ages and ages, up to when Mr Sawyer supposedly "came" into Nigeria, people of Edo and Benue to mention a few, have been enjoying bats as an exquisite bush meat meal. Yet, to this date, no case of Ebola has been recorded in either state, thank God for that.

I repeat again I am not here to say Ebola is in Nigeria or it is not. I still HIGHLY advise for each and every one of us to act safe to stay safe.
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by santinoj(m): 12:41pm On Aug 10, 2014
texazzpete:

I answered that question earlier. Is disrespectful to fail to read and hope i repeat myself.

yes, you saw a released PR pic. Security has nothing to do with it. In the same vein, there are s plethora of pictures from press briefings from Fashola to the Ministry of Health.

I wasn't aware that the Lagos State Government, the Lagos state commisioner for health and even the Liberian Presidency have been telling us anything about the Chibok girls. Please elaborate on that.

Also worth noting that a consultant clinic is shut down indefinitely for quarantine over the Sawyer treatment. The hospital reputation has suffered a great deal because of the Ebola Stigma. Perhaps - in your opinion - they too are part of this conspiracy and are deliberately losing tens of millions of Naira revenue, if not hundreds of millions of Naira?

I wasn't referring directly to the Lagos state govt or the Liberian presidency regarding Chibok girls, I was insinuating govt agencies and parastatals. Please pardon me for that.

Secondly, this hospital shutdown and losing millions of Naira still belongs to the same company that is reported in billions of dollars 'missing money'?
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by santinoj(m): 12:53pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ebola outbreak started in West Africa as far back as 6 months ago in February. Allocation for containment was only signed on Friday August 8, 2014. Nothing was done earlier. I don't know where you are, but I reside in the East. I can authentically say that in the state I am in there is no Government or private owned hospital that has the facility to test for Ebola. So how exactly are we containing it?
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by texazzpete(m): 12:56pm On Aug 10, 2014
santinoj: For ages and ages, up to when Mr Sawyer supposedly "came" into Nigeria, people of Edo and Venue to mention a few, have been enjoying bats as an exquisite bush meat meal. Yet, to this date, no case of Ebola has been recorded in either state, thank God for that.

Why would any case have been recorded in Ebola? Did anyone tell you that eating Bush meat would cause Ebola?

Eating bush meat infected with the virus would likely see you infected, but it's pretty rare for this to happen. All advisory to refrain from eating bush meat is just a precaution, nothing more.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by texazzpete(m): 12:59pm On Aug 10, 2014
santinoj: Ebola outbreak started in West Africa as far back as 6 months ago in February. Allocation for containment was only signed on Friday August 8, 2014. Nothing was done earlier. I don't know where you are, but I reside in the East. I can authentically say that in the state I am in there is no Government or private owned hospital that has the facility to test for Ebola. So how exactly are we containing it?

Aren't you a Nigerian? Are you a stranger to how reactionary this Government is?

As it stands, i suspect Lagos State is the only one doing anything concrete right now, but you can be sure most medical doctors will isolate you sharply if you come to their clinic with a fever or are hemorrhaging.

This is the worst possible moment for anyone to get a malaria fever in Nigeria. Friends will abandon you sharply and doctors will treat you like an alien cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by santinoj(m): 1:04pm On Aug 10, 2014
One thing I will definitely agree with you is that the Lagos State Government have been extremely proactive in battling with this outbreak. We have to commend them greatly for that.
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
santinoj:
My dear for sure and I still advise everyone to. These are just questions which are creating too many loopholes in the stories.

Exactly! And being it is so, it thereby makes it the perfect ingredient, don't you think?

Its easy you dumbo take a trip to the isolation wards set u In lagos and confirm for yourself by hugging an ebola patient.

Batshit crazy e-diot
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by medube(m): 1:36pm On Aug 10, 2014
ebdib:

Its easy you dumbo take a trip to the isolation wards set u In lagos and confirm for yourself by hugging an ebola patient.

Batshit crazy e-diot

Na wa!
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by santinoj(m): 1:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
ebdib:

Batshit crazy e-diot

Thank you sir, I will surely do so.
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by santinoj(m): 1:41pm On Aug 10, 2014
medube:

Na wa!

I wonder smiley
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by vodkat: 2:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
did u not hear the minister of health declare state of emergency? Dem no tell u no dey this one. If u are careless and waka anyhow u will come here and be crying for for ur life.

We dont even know if liberians or sierra leones with the diesease are entering the country by land through seme or calabar borders. or even from the north.

It is very important to be vigilant because this ebola operate in a geometric progression style

where

1 can infect 10, 10 100, 1000, 100000, 100000

The most dangerous part of the diease is that if you hold the hand of an ebola patient u will catch it unlike aids where there has to be blood to blood contact. this one dont need that..

so its out there

1 Like

Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by santinoj(m): 2:08pm On Aug 10, 2014
vodkat: did u not hear the minister of health declare state of emergency? Dem no tell u no dey this one. If u are careless and waka anyhow u will come here and be crying for for ur life.
We dont even know if liberians or sierra leones with the diesease are entering the country by land through seme or calabar borders. or even from the north.
It is very important to be vigilant because this ebola operate in a geometric progression style
where
1 can infect 10, 10 100, 1000, 100000, 100000
The most dangerous part of the diease is that if you hold the hand of an ebola patient u will catch it unlike aids where there has to be blood to blood contact. this one dont need that..
so its out there

My brother nobody is doubting it's existence o!

Please, Cross River and not Calabar, borders Cameroon. smiley And for Ebola to enter through Seme from Sierra Leonne or Liberia, they'd have to jump Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo and Benin? Are those ones sleeping? grin
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
santinoj:

My brother one other very important point and please mind you I'm repeating clearly that I have not claimed nor am I claiming that Ebola isn't in Nigeria; I'm just asking questions.

First we heard the female doctor who came in contact with Mr Sawyer has died. Then we heard that though infected, she is still alive, but it is the matron who died on Wednesday making here the first Nigerian to have died from Ebola. Wednesday's date was Aug 6th and that's 17 days from when Mr. Sawyer landed Nigeria (supposedly July 20th). I thought Ebola kills in 21 days?

21 days? not sure... all i've read/heard is within 3 weeks (not necessarily 21 days)
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by phreakabit(m): 5:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
Huge problem now is. . . People with Malaria and Typhoid fever are dying of fear due to this Ebola incidents. Noticed quite a number of people in drug stores buying Anti-Malarial drugs and I just wonder is it really Malaria ? It will make sense to assume Malaria or Typhoid due to the raining season. . . Maybe if the health ministry was functional we would have a credible stats of the cases of Malaria and typhoid during this raining season, but. . . . We all know now.
Just like everyone else I am scared too . cry

1 Like

Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by Abrilla(f): 5:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
Your questions can only be answered when it hits your door and only then will you provide us with pictures for good documentation
santinoj: It's is said that Mr Sawyer escaped from Liberia into Togo, then into Nigeria. Have you heard of any ebola case in Togo? Did he not come in contact with anyone while there or are Togolese people immuned to Ebola?
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by santinoj(m): 5:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
Abrilla: Your questions can only be answered when it hits your door and only then will you provide us with pictures for good documentation

My dear, it won't hit my door in Jesus name.
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by santinoj(m): 5:59pm On Aug 10, 2014
Obasgilbert:

21 days? not sure... all i've read/heard is within 3 weeks (not necessarily 21 days)

Oh ok, I thought it was 21 days.
Re: Is Ebola Really In Nigeria??? by santinoj(m): 6:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
phreakabit: Huge problem now is. . . People with Malaria and Typhoid fever are dying of fear due to this Ebola incidents. Noticed quite a number of people in drug stores buying Anti-Malarial drugs and I just wonder is it really Malaria ? It will make sense to assume Malaria or Typhoid due to the raining season. . . Maybe if the health ministry was functional we would have a credible stats of the cases of Malaria and typhoid during this raining season, but. . . . We all know now.
Just like everyone else I am scared too . cry

That's the big problem. Early symptoms are just like malaria undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

How to stop menstrual cramp/pain in 1 hour with naturehero's energy bracelet / At Last A World-class Hospital In Nigeria / My Experience At General Hospital Ekpan Warri Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.