Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,138 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Pls, This Noise-is My Shock Absober Faulty? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls, This Noise-is My Shock Absober Faulty? (1319 Views)

How Much Is 2001 Toyota Sienna Shock Absober Front And Back. / Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 / Ikenna, anyone else here, please help...my Shock Absorbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls, This Noise-is My Shock Absober Faulty? by silvoice(m): 4:44pm On Aug 10, 2014
Good evening my wonderful NLs, especially car experts. Pls , as i drove today i was hearing a little puko...puko kind of noise from my back wheel. I thought it was exhaust pipe, one mechanic said is d shock absober- he would check it tommorrow. I don't trust these roadside auto engineers. I don't want them to do me d more u look, d less u see. What's d best way to go about it and what do i watch out 4 if he looses it tommorro? Is the shock d problem or something else? I'm jus a newbie in this car thing
Re: Pls, This Noise-is My Shock Absober Faulty? by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
What make of vehicle?

Check sway bar links and bushings. Pictures attached.

Re: Pls, This Noise-is My Shock Absober Faulty? by alabiyemmy(m): 5:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
Which Kaun car na.
Re: Pls, This Noise-is My Shock Absober Faulty? by mayor2013: 6:03pm On Aug 10, 2014
No details of car
Re: Pls, This Noise-is My Shock Absober Faulty? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
you sure say you get car? post the sound make we hia.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pls, This Noise-is My Shock Absober Faulty? by silvoice(m): 6:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
GAZZUZZ: What make of vehicle?

Check sway bar links and bushings. Pictures attached.
at all, i'm sorry my good friends. it's my humble "nissan sunny, 1.4L, 1993 Model." as u already know it's manual trans.
Re: Pls, This Noise-is My Shock Absober Faulty? by mayor2013: 6:24pm On Aug 10, 2014
Follow Gazzuz's advice
Re: Pls, This Noise-is My Shock Absober Faulty? by silvoice(m): 6:35pm On Aug 10, 2014
smartchoice: you sure say you get car? post the sound make we hia.... cheesy
d sound is puko...puko puko...puko as if d exhaust is touching d chasis, though not constant. but when i parked and pressed down the car with my weight, i hear d sound too. dat's why d auto guy said is shock
Re: Pls, This Noise-is My Shock Absober Faulty? by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
silvoice: d sound is puko...puko puko...puko as if d exhaust is touching d chasis, though not constant. but when i parked and pressed down the car with my weight, i hear d sound too. dat's why d auto guy said is shock

It could be any faulty suspension part or even an engine mount, get a trusted mechanic. If he tells you a particular part is bad and you are in doubt post pics of the part and we can help you here, for now there's not much we can do.
Re: Pls, This Noise-is My Shock Absober Faulty? by silvoice(m): 7:51pm On Aug 10, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

It could be any faulty suspension part or even an engine mount, get a trusted mechanic. If he tells you a particular part is bad and you are in doubt post pics of the part and we can help you here, for now there's not much we can do.
thanks. i appreciate
Re: Pls, This Noise-is My Shock Absober Faulty? by chukel(m): 12:34pm On Aug 11, 2014
silvoice: d sound is puko...puko puko...puko as if d exhaust is touching d chasis, though not constant. but when i parked and pressed down the car with my weight, i hear d sound too. dat's why d auto guy said is shock
it could be the exhaust. just make sure all the exhaust rubber hangers are present and none is lax
Re: Pls, This Noise-is My Shock Absober Faulty? by silvoice(m): 9:23am On Aug 12, 2014
chukel:
it could be the exhaust. just make sure all the exhaust rubber hangers are present and none is lax
thanks. am stil monitoring the sound. no major work on it yet because i want to be present when an auto mech. would check it.
Re: Pls, This Noise-is My Shock Absober Faulty? by silvoice(m): 10:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
chukel:
peww! guy u a are a million percent right. i jerked d car, went under, the inner exhust ruber was weak. i used wire to tie it that's all. d sound disapear. d auto engineer came, saw what i did and said is ok but maintained that my shock is weak. i laughed and gave him t fare back to his workshop. driving back home was sweet and soundless. thanks to u all, especially gazzuzz, etc

1 Like

Re: Pls, This Noise-is My Shock Absober Faulty? by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:45am On Aug 13, 2014
silvoice: peww! guy u a are a million percent right. i jerked d car, went under, the inner exhust ruber was weak. i used wire to tie it that's all. d sound disapear. d auto engineer came, saw what i did and said is ok but maintained that my shock is weak. i laughed and gave him t fare back to his workshop. driving back home was sweet and soundless. thanks to u all, especially gazzuzz, etc

Congratulations on finding the problem, now do a proper fix, get the proper rubber hanger/holder and remove the wire, after a while the wire will brake or get rusty.
Re: Pls, This Noise-is My Shock Absober Faulty? by Bossmd: 4:52am On Aug 13, 2014
silvoice: peww! guy u a are a million percent right. i jerked d car, went under, the inner exhust ruber was weak. i used wire to tie it that's all. d sound disapear. d auto engineer came, saw what i did and said is ok but maintained that my shock is weak. i laughed and gave him t fare back to his workshop. driving back home was sweet and soundless. thanks to u all, especially gazzuzz, etc

I'm happy your problem is solved.
One day this roadside artisans will kill our cars. Common things occur commonly. When anything goes wrong with your car they are always quick to jump at some crazy high fallooting conclusion. Let's devote more time to DIY and consult nairaland more often before leaving our cars to the mercy of those jokers.

1 Like

Re: Pls, This Noise-is My Shock Absober Faulty? by silvoice(m): 11:25am On Aug 13, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Congratulations on finding the problem, now do a proper fix, get the proper rubber hanger/holder and remove the wire, after a while the wire will brake or get rusty.
ok
Re: Pls, This Noise-is My Shock Absober Faulty? by silvoice(m): 11:35am On Aug 13, 2014
Bossmd:

I'm happy your problem is solved.
One day this roadside artisans will kill our cars. Common things occur commonly. When anything goes wrong with your car they are always quick to jump at some crazy high fallooting conclusion. Let's devote more time to DIY and consult nairaland more often before leaving our cars to the mercy of those jokers.

na soh! I was really surprised at d simple thin that would hav led to unneccesary expensis
Re: Pls, This Noise-is My Shock Absober Faulty? by chukel(m): 1:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
nice to hear dat. Hope u have replaced d rubber hanger. I had similar experience.
Re: Pls, This Noise-is My Shock Absober Faulty? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 19, 2014

Phoko phuko....lolz!
Re: Pls, This Noise-is My Shock Absober Faulty? by babanne(m): 8:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
I will have to try it on my car too. I am also hearing similar sound.

(1) (Reply)

Stolen Car (green Coloured VENZA) / 03 Toyota Corrolla Vs 03 Mercedes C180: Which Feels Lighter @ Top Speed? & Why? / You Won't Believe What I Saw On My Work...(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.