Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (827722 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by warrikid(m): 6:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
tofam3k3: How long does it take to get feedback after medicals?. The clinic sent my result on the 28th August and still no word.

I'm very sure it'll end in praise
sure thing. That's the spirit man. You are next in line for a testimony,begin to thank God for your TRV joor. #TurnByTurn.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tofam3k3(m): 6:41pm On Sep 01, 2014
warrikid: sure thing. That's the spirit man. You are next in line for a testimony,begin to thank God for your TRV joor. #TurnByTurn.

Thanks bro!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 6:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
barbiee: I have been going through this thread and I have read so many success stories already, abeg make I still state wetin carry me cum here.. I'm a registered nurse currently doing my midwifery bt I ll graduate in march and I wuld really love 2 live and work in canada. Plus I heard nurses make a lot abroad, pls I need someone to assist me in the process of makin dis cum 2 pass. I don't know hw 2 go abt it mysef. I ve tried 2 bt I'm jst running around in circles I nid help.
... Look into schooling here first.. same field... cos believe me... most people that come in with their nursing certificate from naija end up going back to school... I even have an older sister in the same boat... so... look at schooling... Humber College/University of New Brunswick.... those are the best nursing school combo in Canada...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 01, 2014
kcluv2men:

Nice one bro..Thanks so much. Learnt something new. On the average, how much can you earn per month if your're working during summer breaks full time?
Depends on the industry...anything from minimum wage to $30/hr with plenty overtime (some overtime would double your hourly rate)....
Some of your colleagues in class would be working $10/hr holiday job with alot of stress while others would be working in $30/hr easy jobs with plenty OT hours...

In Canada, information is key!

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kcluv2men(m): 7:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
saxywale:
Depends on the industry...anything from minimum wage to $30/hr with plenty overtime (some overtime would double your hourly rate)....
Some of your colleagues in class would be working $10/hr holiday job with alot of stress while others would be working in $30/hr easy jobs with plenty OT hours...

In Canada, information is key!

Hmhmmm..food for thought! Okay bro, the problem is how to get access to such information when in Mapleland. People can be greedy with information you know for selfish interests alone. Sent you a PM bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by masterp204: 7:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
@chrigo and lambton peeps. The (BMIB) business management - international business course at lambton college , is it a post graduate certificate program or post graduate diploma prog.

Secondly, I want to knw if 4 million closing balance in my sponsors (parents) acc ll be ok to apply for trv. Though I have paid the mandatory $6650 first semester tuition . Pls advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blink6(m): 7:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
modskiller: I just finished exploring MUN's website, and it looks like all undergraduates need to provide them with a proof of english test??

please people, help me on this issue.
You will only need to send them ur waec/neco exam details+a valid scratch card pin n serial.

Goodluck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 01, 2014
Cufs:

Thank Goodness I'm not the only one going for UG. Is it ur 1st or 2nd degree tho?
. jst degree pm cufs
sorry for late response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
Cufs:

Thank Goodness I'm not the only one going for UG. Is it ur 1st or 2nd degree tho?
. Ist degree.
pm cufs
sorry for late response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
kcluv2men:

Hi, what's school are you applying to?

usask
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
TEAMSASK _REALONE,AND SNAPPYFINGERS.
what's up? hope all is well-- I am stil perturbed. pls anyone who went through paper route..
how long did it take for cic to send notification of reception.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
Amefrica:

Oh! Thanks baba.. cheesy
see ya bro. hope u had a safe flight

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by masterp204: 8:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
@chrigo and lambton peeps. The (BMIB) business management - international business course at lambton college , is it a post graduate certificate program or post graduate diploma prog.

Secondly, I want to knw if 4 million closing balance in my sponsors (parents) acc ll be ok to apply for trv. Though I have paid the mandatory $6650 first semester tuition . Pls advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 8:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
Gozychuks:
Yes I even contacted UBC and and they advised me to consider a diploma cos in BCIT stating dat they UBC av limited slots n dat govt have cut down on fundin and there r very few sources of funding for non Canadian students.

Hence the course is very competitive in UBC and dat BCIT has a larger capacity and intake.

I can very well cope with environmental Engineering its my line. I just happen to have 2 choices and need to choose one. I really need to knw d prospects. Thanks. I don't want to apply to only one sch who knws which will work out. Which of d two have better prospects as a non indigene. And which provinces or schs would u suggest for d Env Engr. Am not goin for d BCIT cos I'd rather still try d UBC. Tho am thinkin I should stick to Env Engr dats y I want to knw d prospects
....Let someone in that Line in Canada guide you jejely on the prospect my bro.....My line na Information Technology....Except you wan make i guide you enter one chance grin.....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 8:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
siegfried99:

God bless bro.

Are u in lambton?
...Yes ...You wan find me come? grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 8:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
masterp204: @chrigo and lambton peeps. The (BMIB) business management - international business course at lambton college , is it a post graduate certificate program or post graduate diploma prog.

....Either postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma...wetin you wan use am do? grin....if you've paid the tuition deposit....4m closing balance isn't bad for visa app...also back it up with ur dad's source of income.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by siegfried99(m): 8:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
ChriGo: ...Yes ...You wan find me come? grin....

Yes, I wan come join u grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 9:00pm On Sep 01, 2014
siegfried99:

Yes, I wan come join u grin grin
... grin...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Divinetunes1: 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
Siga: ... Look into schooling here first.. same field... cos believe me... most people that come in with their nursing certificate from naija end up going back to school... I even have an older sister in the same boat... so... look at schooling... Humber College/University of New Brunswick.... those are the best nursing school combo in Canada...

...Uncle Siga... Greetings Sir! It's been awhile... Hope things are going smoothly...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 9:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
Divinetunes1:
...Uncle Siga... Greetings Sir! It's been awhile... Hope things are going smoothly...
....my oga. ...how far....hope all is well....stay blessed

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Divinetunes1: 9:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
ChriGo: ... grin...

...Chrigogo!!! My 95yr-old Daddy... grin grin grin Longest time Sir... Welcome back from Niagara! How's mumsy (miss bon) wink doing?

....grin grin grin grin grin....,.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Divinetunes1: 9:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
...Safe trip to Amefrica, Parisbluefox and odas en-route canny now...

...And all the best in ur endeavours to all the newbies in Canny; Phyz, Finestlex, SlimDel and the rest... We are right behind you guysss! Make una lay good foundation for us wey dey back dey come... Baba God bless our hustles, Amen! grin grin grin ....

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
Divinetunes1:

...Chrigogo!!! My 95yr-old Daddy... grin grin grin Longest time Sir... Welcome back from Niagara! How's mumsy (miss bon) wink doing?

....grin grin grin grin grin....,.
.... grin...Miss bon dey....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joshcoli(m): 9:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
modskiller: please I wanna know how far you have gone with your application.

Still on the matter oooh, applied to WES (World Education Service) for them to verify my transcript of result since am applying as a transfer student,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Divinetunes1: 9:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
Siga: ....my oga. ...how far....hope all is well....stay blessed

...I'm doing great. All is well... Thanks Sir for showing up here once in awhile! Ur presence here is spectacular! I particularly have gained alot from your experiences. It gives me hope bigtime... Keep the good work up Sir! Regards to your family...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Gozychuks(m): 9:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
ChriGo: ....Let someone in that Line in Canada guide you jejely on the prospect my bro.....My line na Information Technology....Except you wan make i guide you enter one chance grin.....

thanks bro, do u knw any one in d field. pls recomend
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 9:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
Gozychuks:

thanks bro, do u knw any one in d field. pls recomend
...wish i could recommend but Can't remember if i know any in ur field...dont worry, na public forum we dey....someone somewhere go respond grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kjbobo: 10:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
ChriGo: ....Let someone in that Line in Canada guide you jejely on the prospect my bro.....My line na Information Technology....Except you wan make i guide you enter one chance grin.....
You be case!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kjbobo: 10:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
saxywale:
Forget about geology for now..the demand is poor, atleast in western canada. pet engr. is what you should be looking at.
Boss.. I will report you oooo grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by masterp204: 10:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
ChriGo: ....Either postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma...wetin you wan use am do? grin....if you've paid the tuition deposit....4m closing balance isn't bad for visa app...also back it up with ur dad's source of income.....

Oga chrigo no mind me abeg. I dey fill d form and u knw there is a place where u are asked to give details of ur prog . Eg . If it's a college - diploma, college - certificate, college - advanced degree , university - bsc etc. so make u tell me as I confuse.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 10:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
semuyi: please i need your help urgently, what will i fill in the section "funds available for my stay" must it correspond with my sponsors statement or how will i do it. plss asap

It is always advisable that it should be more than the required amount u need for your studies i.e 1st year tuition + living expenses. Also this amount must reflect in your sponsor SOA.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by zeongeon: 10:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
College of the North Atlantic replied me sometime last month telling me that from my results and documents I meet up with the programme requirements and even went ahead to iSsue me an admission number and also encouraged me to start researching on Newfoundland and labrador and also the part of town where my campus is located.

They also said they will reach back to me when they are able to offer acceptance letter and since then till now no acceptance letter I have mailed them and yet to response from them..

Is it normal, is that how admission proceSs goes and I don't get d "when we are able to give u acceptance letter"

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.