Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,302 members, 7,954,198 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:04 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (854124 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by onos9ice: 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2014
Hello house. I just got an admission into Memorial Uni for JAN. 2015.
I wnt to know how much will be okay for a SOA. And which route will be best to apply.
And I'll love any further information. THANKS IN ANTIIPATION PALS.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by yomisley: 12:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
i registered for UG program last week.
bighead1: PLS IS THERE ANYBODY HERE WHO ATTEND MUN??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by jojcanada(f): 12:34pm On Sep 02, 2014
Letter of employment for Student visa applicant

Should my employer provide the regular visitor visa letter which says im going on vacation? there is no way i can tell them i'm going to study lest they fire me quickly......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kcluv2men(m): 12:36pm On Sep 02, 2014
onos9ice: Hello house. I just got an admission into Memorial Uni for JAN. 2015.
I wnt to know how much will be okay for a SOA. And which route will be best to apply.
Congrats on your admssion, It depends on the cost of your tuition. But it's advsable to at least have the total cost of your fees in the first year plus $10000 for living expenses and your ticket fare to Mapleland. Paper route need Police report but if you're applying online you don't need a Police report. That's my own opinion
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 12:38pm On Sep 02, 2014
jojcanada: Letter of employment for Student visa applicant

Should my employer provide the regular visitor visa letter which says im going on vacation? there is no way i can tell them i'm going to study lest they fire me quickly......
Your employment letter, pay slip and salary account should be fine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by halle2: 1:18pm On Sep 02, 2014
ScGuy: Good morning peeps,
Reporting from the New Brunswick (Moncton) Canada, am settled n feeling welcome in my apartment grin

Will start my testimony by appreciating the Almighty GOD for making everything possible i glorify n thank him so much for making it a reality..my NL family appreciate ya'll for ur posts n replies n a big thanks to @slimdel for d chillpill it realy worked grin

1st Application APRIL 30TH
BIOMETRIC MAY 2ND

congrats and thank God for a safe trip
DELAYED MAY 16TH

Mehn i was so pained but i did not give up rearranged my documents n refired back wit an immigration lawyer wink could not take anoda delay cos of time.

2ND Application JUNE 17TH
PAPER ROUTE
BIOMETRIC same day
MEDICALS REQUEST AUG 4TH
MEDICALS on AUG 6TH
STUDY PERMIT APPROVED AUG 15TH
PASSPORT PICKED UP AUG 26TH

Here are the list of docs I submitted for my TRV application.

Sponsor is my Mum

1. 6 months bank statements (opening balance 3.5million, closing balance 6million, Savings account)

2. Sponsorship declaration

3. Sworn affidavit of support

4. Shares statement of account n letter of introduction from the investment company(in my name)

5. Letter of Introduction

6. Letter from the immigration lawyer

7. Tuition/acceptance/ payment receipt for 1year

8. My Birth Certificate

9. Police report

10. University Transcript

11. WAEC Certificate

12. NYSC certificate

14. Letter Of Intent

15. Loads of Prayer n fasting

Dont give up

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by halle2: 1:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
Congrats and thank God for a safe trip

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tdayof(m): 2:04pm On Sep 02, 2014
amefrica where r u!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by olami101: 2:39pm On Sep 02, 2014
gud people in d house,i need an informatn on how to apply for a skilled or work visa in canada,pls ur response will be highly appreciated.....thank u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Finestlex(m): 3:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
A million congratulations to Scguy.. Book ticket immediately and come join us.. Safe trip. Very best to everyone still waiting for their trv

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by yomisley: 3:17pm On Sep 02, 2014
yup any show
pampem:
Check MUN,Manitoba.
Happy Sunday! Please any one presently in OR applying to University of Windsor next fall?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bighead1(m): 3:30pm On Sep 02, 2014

congrats bro, when did you applied and is it for UG or PG?

also, did they say anything about the English proficiency test?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by sidnigga: 3:33pm On Sep 02, 2014

Did u submit any English proficiency exam... I want to apply too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 3:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
olami101: gud people in d house,i need an informatn on how to apply for a skilled or work visa in canada,pls ur response will be highly appreciated.....thank u.

#go tru these links
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate /skilled/complete-applications.asp

https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 4:10pm On Sep 02, 2014
Do I need to include scanned copies of Birth certificates of my siblings
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Tochium: 4:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
I applied today. Thnx 4 d info
lovelydamsel:

When did you apply?as for confirmation fee $1000.sometimes it takes a week before they will reply.did you email INT@fanshawec.ca?they don't take time with their admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by semuyi: 4:24pm On Sep 02, 2014
pls house i am uploading my docs @ the moment, pls where will i upload my personal docs like waec and d rest,. i saw upload optional docs, pls i need a response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 02, 2014
Snappyfingaz:

We're cool oh Optimal. Guess you slept last night?
I did. thanks for asking. stil sick though..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by semuyi: 4:32pm On Sep 02, 2014
pls house i am uploading my docs @ the moment, pls where will i upload my personal docs like waec and d rest,. i saw upload optional docs, pls i need a response. asap
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by larryade: 4:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
semuyi: pls house i am uploading my docs @ the moment, pls where will i upload my personal docs like waec and d rest,. i saw upload optional docs, pls i need a response. asap
That should be the ideal place (optional docs I mean). Attach as many other docs as you deem fit. All the best!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by semuyi: 4:45pm On Sep 02, 2014
@larryade i saw Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada there, and anod column to remove it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 02, 2014
ScGuy: Good morning peeps,
Reporting from the New Brunswick (Moncton) Canada, am settled n feeling welcome in my apartment grin

Will start my testimony by appreciating the Almighty GOD for making everything possible i glorify n thank him so much for making it a reality..my NL family appreciate ya'll for ur posts n replies n a big thanks to @slimdel for d chillpill it realy worked grin

1st Application APRIL 30TH
BIOMETRIC MAY 2ND
DELAYED MAY 16TH

Mehn i was so pained but i did not give up rearranged my documents n refired back wit an immigration lawyer wink could not take anoda delay cos of time.

2ND Application JUNE 17TH
PAPER ROUTE
BIOMETRIC same day
MEDICALS REQUEST AUG 4TH
MEDICALS on AUG 6TH
STUDY PERMIT APPROVED AUG 15TH
PASSPORT PICKED UP AUG 26TH

Here are the list of docs I submitted for my TRV application.

Sponsor is my Mum

1. 6 months bank statements (opening balance 3.5million, closing balance 6million, Savings account)

2. Sponsorship declaration

3. Sworn affidavit of support

4. Shares statement of account n letter of introduction from the investment company(in my name)

5. Letter of Introduction

6. Letter from the immigration lawyer

7. Tuition/acceptance/ payment receipt for 1year

8. My Birth Certificate

9. Police report

10. University Transcript

11. WAEC Certificate

12. NYSC certificate

14. Letter Of Intent

15. Loads of Prayer n fasting

Dont give up

/////
Congrats bro...I love good news!
Please did u add any documents to prove ur sponsor's source of income; ur mum? What are the docs bro? What should someone do if a sponsor simply has a big shop at cms, no biz reg...but only a savings acct with good balance. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 02, 2014
Tochium: I applied today. Thnx 4 d info

You re welcome
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vicarsenal(m): 5:15pm On Sep 02, 2014

Congrats... Is It Graduate School?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 02, 2014
...Phew... What a long journey!

Our plane took off from Lagos around 1:30pm, so we reached Ethiopia at night, it was 5hrs flight tho - Ethiopia is 2hrs ahead of Nigeria. From Ethiopia we headed to Rome (technical stop) no one was allowed to come down shaa. It seemed they were refueling..

From Rome we began the real journey to Canada (Toronto). We spent about 5-6hrs crossing the Atlantic Ocean, my heart just dey jump, e don comot from my chest run go stomach..

The worst part was when the Captain made an announcement that it was too cloudy and stuff but said everything was under control, I wan nearly poo for body.

I didn't enjoy my 2nd flight to Toronto at all, I was seated in the middle of 2 arugbos. A man and woman! We just bone talk till we reach here.

***Port of Entry*** When we got in, I and Parisbluefox were sorting our luggages and after every we proceeded. The immi officer sef fear me, he asked why I haven't paid my fees , I told him I'll be paying in person at the school's accounting office 2mrw. He asked if I had the cash, I said no but I have my MasterCard. He said OK!

He started typing and staring at my letter of acceptance as well as my passport, me just bone face nii and for inside I don dey worry say wetin dey happen oga. He asked my names, DOB and asked me to give him my proof of funds, I sharply comot my sponsor's SOAs (business and personal).

He asked whose account was it and I said my uncle. Na so e talk say make I excuse am for a min, e go inside (for my mind - I don melt finish), na so e just come out with a long paper and as I see maple leaves on top, my mind come down. Hin just tear am, staple am with my passport and stamped it. He gave it to me and said "make your parents proud" I winked and said "most definitely".

I missed my flight to Charlottetown, and I was booked for another. I'm still chilling here in Toronto Pearson for the next 2hrs.

Canadians friendly die! Chai.. While I was pulling my luggages, a woman asked me to stop and wait for a min, b4 I could say jack, she brought a cart.

Abeg, Canada na 'must' visit place for everyone on earth. Make una do quick! cheesy #in other news, I'm still waiting for the low-life psychopath threatening me I nor dey enter here.. grin grin

Ethiopian Airlines is just superb ...I was counting how many times they were bringing food, but lost count at some point.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by larryade: 6:03pm On Sep 02, 2014
semuyi: @larryade i saw Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada there, and anod column to remove it
It's cool you fill that too...though folks here claim it isn't compulsory.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 02, 2014
Amefrica: ...Phew... What a long journey!

Our plane took off from Lagos around 1:30pm, so we reached Ethiopia at night, it was 5hrs flight tho - Ethiopia is 2hrs ahead of Nigeria. From Ethiopia we headed to Rome (technical stop) no one was allowed to come down shaa. It seemed they were refueling..

From Rome we began the real journey to Canada (Toronto). We spent about 5-6hrs crossing the Atlantic Ocean, my heart just dey jump, e don comot from my chest run go stomach..

The worst part was when the Captain made an announcement that it was too cloudy and stuff but said everything was under control, I wan nearly poo for body.

I didn't enjoy my 2nd flight to Toronto at all, I was seated in the middle of 2 arugbos. A man and woman! We just bone talk till we reach here.

***Port of Entry*** When we got in, I and Parisbluefox were sorting our luggages and after every we proceeded. The immi officer sef fear me, he asked why I haven't paid my fees , I told him I'll be paying in person at the school's accounting office 2mrw. He asked if I had the cash, I said no but I have my MasterCard. He said OK!

He started typing and staring at my letter of acceptance as well as my passport, me just bone face nii and for inside I don dey worry say wetin dey happen oga. He asked my names, DOB and asked me to give him my proof of funds, I sharply comot my sponsor's SOAs (business and personal).

He asked whose account was it and I said my uncle. Na so e talk say make I excuse am for a min, e go inside (for my mind - I don melt finish), na so e just come out with a long paper and as I see maple leaves on top, my mind come down. Hin just tear am, staple am with my passport and stamped it. He gave it to me and said "make your parents proud" I winked and said "most definitely".

I missed my flight to Charlottetown, and I was booked for another. I'm still chilling here in Toronto Pearson for the next 2hrs.

Canadians friendly die! Chai.. While I was pulling my luggages, a woman asked me to stop and wait for a min, b4 I could say jack, she brought a cart.

Abeg, Canada na 'must' visit place for everyone on earth. Make una do quick! cheesy #in other news, I'm still waiting for the low-life psychopath threatening me I nor dey enter here.. grin grin

Ethiopian Airlines is just superb ...I was counting how many times they were bringing food, but lost count at some point.

LOCAL CHAMP!!!its done in every foreign airport.anyway JJC go well,no go fall ya hand o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pampem: 6:26pm On Sep 02, 2014
yomisley: yup any show
plenty show. Which course are you looking @? Have you completed your application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bighead1(m): 6:59pm On Sep 02, 2014
pampem: plenty show. Which course are you looking @? Have you completed your application?

which course are you looking at??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 02, 2014
Amefrica: ...Phew... What a long journey!

/////
Hmmn! Wow! What a testimony u be bro...Congrats! How canada naa...officially Canafrica now bah?.....Hope u no go postrait for the officers at the POE, na hi hi for western world...no be ibadan wey u go dey postrait up and down lol.....beep me on whassap when u'r settled.....Happy for u bro

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 7:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
lovelydamsel:

LOCAL CHAMP!!!its done in every foreign airport.anyway JJC go well,no go fall ya hand o cheesy

Lmao.... Babe how far nah? Why so mean?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 7:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
Good evening dear people, please Someone just told me that if one has a valid visitor visa in Canada, it is possibly to apply to change the status of your visa to a student visa. Abeg is this true? If it is, it sounds like good news to me.

Any1 here ever heard of this kinda gist before??

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (501)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.