Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,072 members, 7,953,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:28 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (853959 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by siegfried99(m): 3:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
ChriGo: ....Check MUN for MSc comp sci....I think its within your budget.....also check MUN and UPEI for ur sis....

God bless bro.

Are u in lambton?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kcluv2men(m): 3:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
Siga: ... Humber ni Sir ...

Yes boss..I'll love to discuss some ordeals with you. How can we communicate bro?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 3:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
kcluv2men:

Yes boss..I'll love to discuss some ordeals with you. How can we communicate bro?
... Tot u PM me already...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chichi89(f): 3:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
gavinmensah:
grin

I am in canada now, cry since 7am nig time my eyes refused to continue sleeping.

I thank God for journey mercies. @Chichi89 where r u?
hahaha. In Waterloo oh grin I'm adjusting gradually. This Waterloo sef. Very few blacks, I feel like a unicorn.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kcluv2men(m): 3:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
Siga: ... Tot u PM me already...
I haven't seen any replies from you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chichi89(f): 3:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
PlayPays:

If Moblicity or Wind is available in your area check em for their monthly plans another cheap one will be Koodo
yea wanted to do wind but it's not compatible with my phones. I'm on fido for now. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chichi89(f): 3:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
chizzy01: am gud love n u?
finding my left from right. Went past my bus stop a couple of times. Good thing Waterloo is a small place.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chichi89(f): 3:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
Mr @iseethegoal
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 3:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
kcluv2men:
I haven't seen any replies from you
...check ur junk mail...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bighead1(m): 4:22pm On Sep 01, 2014
saxywale:

I didn't school in Canada ooo. I did masters in the UK. I remember holding two jobs while studying , on days without lectures..I go work mcd 9-4pm, go overnight with royal mail 10-6am all in a bid to make ends meet, if i hsd lectures, i would go to mcd in the evening then go to royal mail for overnight.it was worse in winter. And coursework full everywhere. Those days were tough..

All in all, I thank God as I got a job soon after graduation in one of the world biggest cooperation. I came to Canada on PR. But I have met many students here and I usually like to talk to them and share in their experience. One just got a job in Nexen sef. A lot of them are doing well for themselves. opportunities abound here in Canada. Students actually find it easier here in canada as holiday jobs in the UK and other developed countries are scarce.

We are still on the same frequency.
If anyone can afford not to work while studying but leave the jobs for holidays, that's the best. As excellent grades is much important. But anyone with financial difficulties wouldn't have much choice.

dO YOU MIND IF I PM YOU SIR, I WANNA ASK FOR SOME THINGS...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bighead1(m): 4:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
saxywale:

You are welcome.
@Man tiger. consider courses like GIS too.

HOW ABOUT GEOLOGY??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bighead1(m): 4:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
saxywale:

I am a 2006 ife graduate.
right here in Canada. There is a guy, well known to gboyega( on this thread)...infact, he was gboyegas senior by some years. This guy had a first class from Ife Eco. He came to Canada, Alberta and started another degree in one of the finance. Now he works for one of the biggest oil company in the world here in Canada.

A more inspiring one:
A senior colleague of mine, we were in the same dept. when I was in 100 level, he was in his extra year. he eventually graduated with a third class in engineering after 3extra years. His colleagues thought he was dull and we the junior guys always pitied him. This egbon did not give up, he packed himself up and went for another first degree in electrical engineering in Malaysia.

Guess what, he finished with a first class and littered his Facebook account with pictures of his several awards received on his grad date. We were all surprised..... we didn't know that was just the beginning of greater things for this egbon.

He got a scholarship to go for masters at a uni in Windsor, Canada. He graduated with distinction and got awards for his dissertation.

He now works for one of the biggest microchip companies in the world at their Canadian office in Toronto. I won't name the coy, but every time you open your laptop, you would see the company's label beside the touchpad.

You see. he is now the envy of his mates and lecturers at OAU. The rejected stone which the builders refused is now the chief cornerstone.

Overseas, no one cares about your age. All they are interested in is what you can offer. A friends aunty who used to work as a banker in Nigeria came to Toronto Canada on a PR visa, after 3years she couldn't get a job in a bank, she packed herself up and applied for a degree in social work, she even went on to complete her MA. now she earns over 80k per year working for the government in Toronto.

So bro. never give up. I hope my 2kobo contribution helped

I typed from a phone, pls pardon my grammatical errors.

INSPIRING
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bighead1(m): 4:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
[quote author=saxywale]
Its possible in my area. you just need about 3-4 certicates that won't cost you up to a thousand dollars..Only in summer though, which falls within school break anyway.[/quote

PLEASE SHED MORE LIGHT ON THIS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 01, 2014

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tofam3k3(m): 4:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
cessna150: When the spirit of favor is upon our lives, it compels men and spirits to assist us in our destiny pursuits.All you invisible marks and labels of rejection and disfavor on any part of our applications, be blotted out by the blood of Jesus.

Good luck guys

Sky is my office

Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bighead1(m): 4:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
blink6:
We go miss you for naija o! Safe trip brov.

sIR, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 01, 2014
bighead1:

HOW ABOUT GEOLOGY??
Forget about geology for now..the demand is poor, atleast in western canada. pet engr. is what you should be looking at.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bighead1(m): 5:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
Haustraliah:
Thank you all.
they only click on family ties at home and Canada.
I will refire for winter intake.
No big deal in been refused,am just wondering why people tells me sorry.
Although I appreciate your cares,thank you all, One love.
CHEERS.

THAT'S THE SPIRIT..

WHAT SCHOOL DID YOU APPLIED TO SIR?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Asalyn: 5:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
Asalyn: Hi guys...is it possible to secure trv with a fasttrack prog?...juz wanna confirm dz because am a graduate...tnx

Guys pls helpppppppp...tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
bighead1:

THAT'S THE SPIRIT..

Just replied your pm too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tofam3k3(m): 5:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
How long does it take to get feedback after medicals?. The clinic sent my result on the 28th August and still no word.

I'm very sure it'll end in praise
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by semuyi: 5:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
please i need your help urgently, what will i fill in the section "funds available for my stay" must it correspond with my sponsors statement or how will i do it. plss asap
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 5:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
Onyeoma3:

My man, e don tey ooo..am doing great and Ottawa is a kul place

I hope ur studies are going on fine

Studies going well bro, I'm killing it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kcluv2men(m): 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
saxywale:

PST(Petroleum safety training) and eGSO(Electronic safety orientation) - 1day
H2S -Hydrogen Sulphide Alive-1day
First Aid and AED(automated external defibrillator) - 2days

From the title, you can already deduce where you work with those cert.
These are just the minimum to get in, you would be trained on others like rope access, confined space, monitors, e.t.c for free depending on the coy.
If you have no full time job and just want to work casual for 3-4months starting from may till sept/oct (students break). It's very good.

Nice one bro..Thanks so much. Learnt something new. On the average, how much can you earn per month if your're working during summer breaks full time?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pyzdan: 5:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
Amefrica: Chilling in LOS now ... Just finished checking in!

Oh! Yea, I just saw Parisbluefox.. wink
safe journey bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 5:41pm On Sep 01, 2014
Asalyn: [color=#006600][/color]

Guys pls helpppppppp...tnx

It depends on the duration of the program, If it's 6months and below then no trv! 9months and above you're good
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
kruxit: wow... i salute ur tenacity dis ur inner strength na firSt class o... well done bro and all d best in ur exams, we shall all smile grin but abeg come resume ur NL duties ontime o...winter applicants on d marks.
soonest bro.
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 01, 2014
bighead1:

THAT'S THE SPIRIT..

Medicine hat college.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bighead1(m): 5:55pm On Sep 01, 2014
ManTiger:
Much appreciated sir. I'm seriously planning on what you just adviced.

AS IN??

UNDERGRAD, MSc, PHD??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 6:03pm On Sep 01, 2014
I just finished exploring MUN's website, and it looks like all undergraduates need to provide them with a proof of english test??

please people, help me on this issue.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 6:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
bighead1:

AS IN??

UNDERGRAD, MSc, PHD??
Was told Colleges will give me admission. So currently working on few colleges.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by barbiee: 6:34pm On Sep 01, 2014
I have been going through this thread and I have read so many success stories already, abeg make I still state wetin carry me cum here.. I'm a registered nurse currently doing my midwifery bt I ll graduate in march and I wuld really love 2 live and work in canada. Plus I heard nurses make a lot abroad, pls I need someone to assist me in the process of makin dis cum 2 pass. I don't know hw 2 go abt it mysef. I ve tried 2 bt I'm jst running around in circles I nid help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (501)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.