Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (828600 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Omonjoe(m): 5:21am On Sep 23, 2014
SURGEE:
chief, when filling your application to MUN. were you asked to supply your supervisors name or did any part of the application relate to supervisors. pls anyone in the house who must have. applied before pls expatiate on this .
No...I ws not asked for supervisors name only my research interests which they adviced it should be related to one of dia lecturer's research interest
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by masterp204: 5:21am On Sep 23, 2014
akanni: Peeps,i was finally asked to go for my medicals for a program that has started already.
I have already deferred the program till next year fall as advised by the school.
what do i do now so as not to lose the TRV once i get it?
I have not applied to another school yet, though I'm thinking if to enter the school and get another program.

Is the program available in winter 2015? If yes then get a new acceptance letter and wait until the embassy instructs u to submit a new start date. Fall 2015 far die o. That's like 11 months from now. Did u submit online or thru paper @ vfs. ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Klinkiddy: 5:49am On Sep 23, 2014
Hi Guyz! So sorry i couldn't reply early. Thanks for the wishes and love yu guyz showed to me on this thread cheesy u guyz are the best.
Well i submitted through Vfs (Paper route) and it takes my application 6weeks and some days (1month 2weeks) to get approved.

Applied: july 18
Med call: August 20
Med done: August 25
App approved: Sep 3.

Docs submitted....
Statement of Acc (6mill) (Sponsor)
Land docs
Tax clearance
Introduction letter from sponsor (letter headed)
Invoice
C of O
My International passport
Passport photograph with white background
Lovely Statement of Purpose
Finger print ( police report)
My Birth certificate (issued by my church)
Parent Marriage certificate(showing relationship with sponsor)
Waec result
My Diploma nd BSc certificate and Transcript
Certificate of employee (3month internship)
Letter of acceptance and Receipt of deposit form my school
Family photo
My CV
Letter of consent from my mum (letter headed)
My mum Acc statement

Though, i've traveled out of the country before (Vietnam) and i had like a yr working experience with a software company in Vietnam. "But it doesn't mean if u've traveled outta the country before or not" make sure ur docs are nicely packaged and make sure u have a well written SOP.
Prayers shud do the rest cheesy grin cheesy I had 7days dry fasting oooo

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Klinkiddy: 5:54am On Sep 23, 2014
akanni: Peeps,i was finally asked to go for my medicals for a program that has started already.
I have already deferred the program till next year fall as advised by the school.
what do i do now so as not to lose the TRV once i get it?
I have not applied to another school yet, though I'm thinking if to enter the school and get another program.

Bro dont panic much, coz i'm in the same shoe wif you, was issued TRV for a program i already deferred till nxt fall. At least pray towards getting ur TRV approved first wink.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by larrswag(m): 6:15am On Sep 23, 2014
. as for number 1 i did that, he only showed proof of his business that is his certificate, but no property document,he has no asset yet. number 3 i didn't submit that one, i have no picture, but can i submit anybody's picture? surely i think they won't notice the trick then for number 4 i don't have any proof at all, then for number 5, my parents is not that rich and that's why i used my family friend as my only sponsor. then number 6 the school didn't request for any payment yet that time. hope you'll figure out my problem
Holmes007:

Sorry about the delay, i used my father's friend for my App as well and it was successful though i included my mum as co-sponsor. I will like to ask a few questions just to know what went wrong.

1) did the letter of sponsorship state clearly that ur sponsor will be fully responsible for ur well-being in Canada which includes the following but not limited to tuition payments, feeding and accomodation?

2) did he/she state his/her dependants and assets in the letter? And also show proof?

3) did u show any proof of friendship ur sponsor has with ur family, did u submit any photos u and ur family took with ur sponsor?

4) if applicable, did u submit proof of academic sponsorship in the past?

5) did u submit any prop docs belonging to either u or ur parents?

6) although its not mandatory, as a sign commitment and seriousness, did ur sponsor deposit an amount or make full tuition payments?

If u can answer the above questions, we might be able to know where the issue came from.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by duntano: 6:17am On Sep 23, 2014
famolino:
I dey wonder too..... But the little help I can give is, try and put all finacial documentss(SOA, ID card, payslips etc ) of ur sponsor to 'proof of support'. Ur intl passport only to d section it shld be, Passport foto only to its section. U can now add other documents to ur SOP whr 'optional' is written. Just make sure e no pass 4MG.

Okay thanks a lot.. Will try and grp everything together.. Thanks once again..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by warrikid(m): 6:21am On Sep 23, 2014
Klinkiddy:

Bro dont panic much, coz i'm in the same shoe wif you, was issued TRV for a program i already deferred till nxt fall. At least pray towards getting ur TRV approved first wink.
Congrats again bro. I'm sure ur program kicked off this fall (sept) already,did u already defer or what. Like @akannis case,his own programs next start date is fall of 2015. What is the way out of this kinda situation assuming he's gotten his TRV like u too. Its kinda tricky tho,wish you both the Best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by justwise(m): 7:06am On Sep 23, 2014
opsynusy: thanks oghos...it was after I submitted that I decided to look for nigeria canada students forum and I got this...I don't know the kind of power my agent has o,cos I really didn't submit lots of documents and that's why I am worried..i submitted the application form,the questionaire,the family info,my international passport,my o level certificate,o level transcript(which my agent did for me cos I have never heard of olevel transcript),my uni notification of results,i studied french,graduated with 2.2,my uni transcript,my sis's statement of account,an affidavit from her,her biodata page of her international pasport,police clearance

So you allowed an agent to forge and submit fake result on your behalf?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Klinkiddy: 7:26am On Sep 23, 2014
warrikid: Congrats again bro. I'm sure ur program kicked off this fall (sept) already,did u already defer or what. Like @akannis case,his own programs next start date is fall of 2015. What is the way out of this kinda situation assuming he's gotten his TRV like u too. Its kinda tricky tho,wish you both the Best.
Thanks bro! I've already defered my admission till nxt fall, and seriously its kinda tricky tho but there will surly be a way out. My school already issued another acceptance letter stating nxt fall, but the main problem now is at the POE... Still thinking of way forward sha wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 7:39am On Sep 23, 2014
Klinkiddy:
Thanks bro! I've already defered my admission till nxt fall, and seriously its kinda tricky tho but there will surly be a way out. My school already issued another acceptance letter stating nxt fall, but the main problem now is at the POE... Still thinking of way forward sha wink
of course the POE is now the prob , nd if u go naw, there will be big trouble , big One . Relax my broda
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by warrikid(m): 7:42am On Sep 23, 2014
Klinkiddy:
wow,dat next fall matter serious tho. Almost a year gap. Hmmmm, make our grand gurus come solve dis one oO. @siga,@chrigo et all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 7:48am On Sep 23, 2014
Blackkie:

Thank you.
I have a bank statement but it aint strong but the traffic is huge but currently, its closing balance is 100k.
Will this be a red flag?
I have a good volume of shares and a land to add - how about that?

You have good and reliable financial supporting documents like the shars and landed but that your 100k soa no try ooo
What about the other sponsor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Kepner(f): 7:58am On Sep 23, 2014
Good morning all

Please is it possible for my dad to use the same SOA amount (12mil) for both my application and my brother's application at the same time?? Is it possible for the VO to notice and say the money is too small for 2 people ni? undecided
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 7:58am On Sep 23, 2014
PlayPays:

I disagree, some agents don't even know this job well. If a school's policy requires you pay a fee then who the hell is an agent to tell you not to. Abi the agent papa na VO? Not following the school's requirements properly could lead to Non-bonafide student.
he only told me to get the money ready but shouldn't pay until embassy says so
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Bobbieydeey: 8:00am On Sep 23, 2014
How come undergraduate applicants here are not much,only second degree pple
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Bobbieydeey: 8:01am On Sep 23, 2014
Kepner: Good morning all

Please is it possible for my dad to use the same SOA amount (12mil) for both my application and my brother's application at the same time?? Is it possible for the VO to notice and say the money is too small for 2 people ni? undecided
UG or PG ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chux4liv(m): 8:02am On Sep 23, 2014
justwise:

Oga stop portraying what people do as forging... There is a transcript which WAEC send to sch if u need it... Go to Waec office and find out.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 8:04am On Sep 23, 2014
justwise:

@justwise I really didn't get that,which of the documents did he forge?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Kepner(f): 8:05am On Sep 23, 2014
Bobbieydeey: UG or PG ?

one UG, one PG
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by justwise(m): 8:06am On Sep 23, 2014
chux4liv:

Oga stop portraying what people do as forging... There is a transcript which WAEC send to sch if u need it... Go to Waec office and find out.

Did the op tell that the agent got it from WAEC on his behalf?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by justwise(m): 8:08am On Sep 23, 2014
opsynusy: @justwise I really didn't get that,which of the documents did he forge?

Read the area of your post in bold
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chux4liv(m): 8:13am On Sep 23, 2014
justwise: [/b]

Did the op tell that the agent got it from WAEC on his behalf?

that is in-conclusive statement... what u need do is ask for detail... using that word (forge) indirectly depict we Nigerians as fraudstars

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 8:15am On Sep 23, 2014
Bobbieydeey: How come undergraduate applicants here are not much,only second degree pple
u no the nigerian stuff only the, let say curious once tends to go abroad for undergraduate naw. Nigeria for where no money!!! People fink every fin is all ebout money, though to be Franklin speaking NA money u go take start, but after that God is always their to watch is children and that one fin our people don't fink ebout. But u see their is this yoruba adage that yoruba people say but I don't they even follow their words anymore it goes like " OJU ENI MA LA A RI IYONU" u see that iyonu our peole no wan withstand am. Nd believe wat motivated to go abroad for my undergraduate is that I have a brother who spent almost 6 years for a four years course. I have seen more people like that. Nd u no Nigeria. Condition naw so it has to be like that.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 8:16am On Sep 23, 2014
larrswag: . as for number 1 i did that, he only showed proof of his business that is his certificate, but no property document,he has no asset yet. number 3 i didn't submit that one, i have no picture, but can i submit anybody's picture? surely i think they won't notice the trick then for number 4 i don't have any proof at all, then for number 5, my parents is not that rich and that's why i used my family friend as my only sponsor. then number 6 the school didn't request for any payment yet that time. hope you'll figure out my problem

Please o, its not complusory to use pictures, if you don't have don't use.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by justwise(m): 8:18am On Sep 23, 2014
chux4liv:
that is an inclusive statement... what u need do is ask for detail... using that word (forge) indirectly depict we Nigerians as fraudstars

That is undeniable to a large extent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 8:21am On Sep 23, 2014
chux4liv:
that is an inclusive statement... what u need do is ask for detail... using that word (forge) indirectly depict. we Nigerians as fraudstars
. FRAUDSTARS!!!!! Hehehe is that d new level we are! Anyways it wells abeg pls make I jus tell u somefin In case of d future abeg I dey beg. If u have plans in d future to go UK ( united Kingdom) abeg no carry any forge or fake or wat unnecessary document go their embassy wo!! Ur passport no go come out !!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 8:22am On Sep 23, 2014
larrswag: . as for number 1 i did that, he only showed proof of his business that is his certificate, but no property document,he has no asset yet. number 3 i didn't submit that one, i have no picture, but can i submit anybody's picture? surely i think they won't notice the trick then for number 4 i don't have any proof at all, then for number 5, my parents is not that rich and that's why i used my family friend as my only sponsor. then number 6 the school didn't request for any payment yet that time. hope you'll figure out my problem

The truth is i bliv there is no commitment. And no, u cannot use anybody's pics cus u r suppose to submit a proof of identity such as a copy of the bio-data page of ur sponsor's passport or ID card....

My school didnt ask for any deposit and my sponsor still made payments. My point is the VO is getting the impression that u just used someone's SOA to go to their country.

My advice, try to work on how u can proof to the VO that ur sponsor is genuine. Its not compulsory u submit pics if u dont have. U can also make a deposit for tuition even if it wasnt requested for by ur school.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chux4liv(m): 8:23am On Sep 23, 2014
justwise: [/b]

That is undeniable to a large extent.
I stand to be exempted... The whites too are fraudstars, doing things in a cunny way to justify one selfish interest is fraud as far as am concerned...... Case closedd

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by jojcanada(f): 8:23am On Sep 23, 2014
Habeeb521: u r also a fellow seneca applicant resuming January
Am submitting docs hopefully this week oo
Bdw wat course r u going for

Project Management IT. you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by justwise(m): 8:28am On Sep 23, 2014
chux4liv:
I stand to be exempted... The whites too are fraudstars, doing things in a cunny way to justify once selfish interest is fraud as far as am concerned...... Case closedd

You are just looking for excuses to justify fraudulent activities by some Nigerians.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 8:28am On Sep 23, 2014
jojcanada:

Project Management IT. you?
mechanical engineering technology : building science 3 years program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chux4liv(m): 8:35am On Sep 23, 2014
justwise:

You are just looking for excuses to justify fraudulent activities by some Nigerians.

Thank u for using that word "some" and not "all" , which makes me to redirect u to my earlier arguement, do ur findings before ascertaining ur result.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.