Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,304 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (827775 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Beamn4real(m): 12:51am On Aug 18, 2014
BTW, any idea of what to pack to canny?? Leaving on 31st Aug and still haven't bought even garri.. Not very good @ packing 4 dz kain journey..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:52am On Aug 18, 2014
PlayPays:

Yall should stop comparing apps, we've said it several times on here, Taiye's head is different from Kenny's.
I never wrote any SOP, my Uncle as my Sponsor never did any affidavit. My doc were just the basics. but I will never use myself as example that someone can also do same because we don't have the same fate.
I've explained my point which I know is right you guys against it also think you're right. No one is wrong here.
We all tryna help!
Every document submitted must be yours or your sponsor's. No be cic talk am na me. Why would you choose to involve a third party in your app? Why complicating things?
In this situation, what exactly would the dad's landed doc prove? Home tie? Are there doc to support she's the next of kin?
If she didn't include it what harm will it have on her app?
Absolutely None!
Lobatan!

My biggest boss, you're so right. But no one knows how exactly this people work. As always advised on this thread, submit all docs that would support your app, you never know which one could change the VO's mind when deciding.

The person in question has the final decision, either to submit or not. Matured arguments are really good, at least laymen like me and others would grab some points.

Last bullet: Submit every doc that will help your application, while doing this DO NOT submit doc that would kobalize/implicate your application..

How you doing between? You go host me when I land oo.. cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kcluv2men(m): 12:54am On Aug 18, 2014
Amefrica:

Well, my dad put it in the letter of consent that I'm the next of kin. No proof per say. Does it still count as financial capability?

Yes it does prove financial capability
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ValerieXO: 12:56am On Aug 18, 2014
Beamn4real: BTW, any idea of what to pack to canny?? Leaving on 31st Aug and still haven't bought even garri.. Not very good @ packing 4 dz kain journey..
meet slimdel for packing list (food). And her packaging was on point so she could give you tips
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:56am On Aug 18, 2014
bighead1:
BTW i envy you sha.,
and where is the other girl who injured her nose back then when you were involved in a crash, sorry i had to use that instance...
She's fine, her nose too is fine, she's applying against next year
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vinnygod: 12:57am On Aug 18, 2014
skylar2020:

my sponsor is a co sponsor. he's taking care of tuition fees while I'd tak care of my living expenses
Who then is d super sponsor among u guys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Grapehouse: 12:57am On Aug 18, 2014
luvly3: Reporting life from Toronto Canada.... glory be to God I arrived yesterday......

I recommend Egypt air business class to those who have not got tickets cos it's 100% beta Dan flying economy in European Airlines.... On the 11hrs 30 mins flight from Toronto the biz class seats reclines and can b transformed into a flat bed, so much comfort u ll forget u are in an airplane, got d ticket for 253k on wakanow (one way) , which is far cheaper Dan most economy on other flights.... Meals were ok, entertainment was OK as well...

Didn't even feel tired after d flight one bit cos of the comfort..... Got to Toronto 7:55am.... Immediately I got to where I stay, I took a shower and started cruising around town with a friend...

Was really skeptical abt taking Egypt air cos of d price but didn't regret it at all.... Only down side is dat dy don't serve alcohol onboard cos it's an Islamic Country ds wasn't a big deal for me though.... But u can have all d alcohol u want in d star Alliance lounge which is accessible to biz n first class passengers...

Awwww....can you imagine, where were in thesame plane MS 995 (2:55AM Cairo time) right?....a 4hr stop over at Cairo...then long 11:30hr to Toronto, touched down exactly at 7:30AM....Meal was good but I dont take sugar like that mehn (too much sugar), the trip was smooth, experienced pilots, the plane is almost new ....immigration officers were friendly....and ofcourse Toronto Int'l Airport is beautiful....MMIA is a NURTW park compared to it.
I recommend EgyptAir too.
Shalom

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:57am On Aug 18, 2014
ValerieXO: it'll count as financial capability either way because his name is on your birth certificate so technically he is responsible for you. (I'm assuming youre still dependent on your parents). the letter of consent makes it a valid home tie

Well said!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MacMaster01(m): 12:58am On Aug 18, 2014
Ok I hope this is not off point, is now too late to start applying to a school in canada for January ADMISSION memorial university of newfoundland to be precise?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:59am On Aug 18, 2014
Grapehouse:

Awwww....can you imagine, where were in thesame plane MS 995 (2:55AM Cairo time) right?....a 4hr stop over at Cairo...then long 11:30hr to Toronto, touched down exactly at 7:30AM....Meal was good but I dont take sugar like that mehn (too much sugar), the trip was smooth, experienced pilots, the plane is almost new ....immigration officers were friendly....and ofcourse Toronto Int'l Airport is beautiful....MMIA is a NURTW park compared to it.
Shalom
Welcome to the land of sugar and processed foods cry grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ValerieXO: 1:00am On Aug 18, 2014
my biggest problem with this whole packing issue is that I now realize how much I love all my stuff and I don't want to leave anything behind. #excessluggagethings
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:00am On Aug 18, 2014
kcluv2men:

Yes it does prove financial capability

OK boss! cheesy
It's been long oo, how have you been?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:00am On Aug 18, 2014
MacMaster01: Ok I hope this is not off point, is now too late to start applying to a school in canada for January ADMISSION memorial university of newfoundland to be precise?
No it's not please try and start the application this minute
Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ValerieXO: 1:01am On Aug 18, 2014
MacMaster01: Ok I hope this is not off point, is now too late to start applying to a school in canada for January ADMISSION memorial university of newfoundland to be precise?
no.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kcluv2men(m): 1:02am On Aug 18, 2014
@slimdel love to holla at you. how can I reach you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:02am On Aug 18, 2014
shocked shocked shocked who just wrote about excess luggage, shebi you Wey be madam preacher against excess luggage when i was packing
ValerieXO: my biggest problem with this whole packing issue is that I now realize how much I love all my stuff and I don't want to leave anything behind. #excessluggagethings
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Grapehouse: 1:02am On Aug 18, 2014
Aloaye: does anyone know if they stopped allowing Nigerians travel with food stuffs to Canada?

And pls would cooking their food be easy and cheap or like how much would someone spend on feeding in a month?

Shalom
1. Nope
2. I think cooking your food is cheaper than buying fast food
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 18, 2014
kcluv2men: @slimdel love to holla at you. how can I reach you?
How are you doing? I thought u just holla'ed at me here but you can still pm me wink cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ValerieXO: 1:06am On Aug 18, 2014
Slimdel: shocked shocked shocked who just wrote about excess luggage, shebi you Wey be madam preacher against excess luggage when i was packing
haha, I'm in a relationship with all my stuff grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kcluv2men(m): 1:07am On Aug 18, 2014
Amefrica:

OK boss! cheesy
It's been long oo, how have you been?

i dey o bro. How have you been? when are you balling out?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 1:07am On Aug 18, 2014
Amefrica:

My biggest boss, you're so right. But no one knows how exactly this people work. As always advised on this thread, submit all docs that would support your app, you never know which one could change the VO's mind when deciding.

The person in question has the final decision, either to submit or not. Matured arguments are really good, at least laymen like me and others would grab some points.

Last bullet: Submit every doc that will help your application, while doing this DO NOT submit doc that would kobalize/implicate your application..

How you doing between? You go host me when I land oo.. cheesy

For real peeps who know me know I tend to shy away from arguments and play more because while you're arguing so we all learn more some are taking it personal, then from arguement it turns insult which has forced some peeps outta here. The reality is I'm even careful advising peeps because whatever happens to their app will be dedicated to you either the glory or the curse. They be like na PlayPays say make I no put this doc see wetin happen now, devil go punish am! OR; ha thanks to lagbaja for telling me to put so so doc God go turn his/her water to wine, turn his/her white rice to jollof!

I just gentle mhen after my sunday service prolly a time out later in the evening. I remembered last year I met one egbon in Toronto who stays in Charlottetown but you know all this "egbon egbon wey don tey abroad" you can't trust em, would have connected u to him
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:08am On Aug 18, 2014
ValerieXO: haha, I'm in a relationship with all my stuff grin
I piry you with that your teeth you are shining better break up with some
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:10am On Aug 18, 2014
kcluv2men:

i dey o bro. How have you been? when are you balling out?

Me dey cool oo. I'm balling out Sept1 (plans got changed.) cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:10am On Aug 18, 2014
PlayPays:

For real peeps who know me know I tend to shy away from arguments and play more because while you're arguing so we all learn more some are taking it personal, then from arguement it turns insult which has forced some peeps outta here. The reality is I'm even careful advising peeps because whatever happens to their app will be dedicated to you either the glory or the curse. They be like na PlayPays say make I no put this doc see wetin happen now, devil go punish am! OR; ha thanks to lagbaja for telling me to put so so doc God go turn his/her water to wine, turn his/her white rice to jollof!

I just gentle mhen after my sunday service prolly a time out later in the evening. I remembered last year I met one egbon in Toronto who stays in Charlottetown but you know all this "egbon egbon wey don tey abroad" you can't trust em, would have connected u to him
Lol if only you know the true colour of some peeps here, you will know the ones that act like angels aren't and the ones that acts like tiger are angels, telling u from the lessons I learnt from what some peeps here did to me, the me I know will just ignore some things u said indirectly here cause seriously no one insulted any body here all that was said here was smooth and fine and both of us started it so please no hard feelings here bro kiss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ValerieXO: 1:11am On Aug 18, 2014
Slimdel:
mehn, it's like amputation without anesthetic cry

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ElCapt: 1:14am On Aug 18, 2014
Interesting.

>>>> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/students/evaluation.asp

This is culled from the main chunk of the assessing tools used by canadian visa officers around the world.

"....In assessing the adequacy of a student's financial resources, officers may 'exercise discretion' in the documentation they request from applicants. In situations where student applicants generally pose a very low risk regarding funds, officers may choose to limit or waive routine requirements for documentary evidence."

"...Conversely, in some very high-risk environments, requiring and systematically verifying substantial history of funds and supplementary individual or 'family financial' and employment documentation may be necessary to ensure that only genuine students capable of supporting their program of studies are accorded study permits. "

In as much as some documents are pretty standard for a certain purpose, remember the country you are applying from, and the experience these VOs must have gained from reviewing the good, bad or ugly applications.

So I feel, use what you have (with brain) to get what you want. Canadian visa application is not like an examination with preset answers.

I gained a thing or two from y'all.

Gnyt!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kennycanny: 1:16am On Aug 18, 2014
Slimdel:

Slimbabe, pls permit me to ask, how did your cousin u were assisting the other time application went self?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kcluv2men(m): 1:17am On Aug 18, 2014
@ amefrica-okay bro, nice one.
@ Slimdel- PM sent
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Beamn4real(m): 1:17am On Aug 18, 2014
ValerieXO: my biggest problem with this whole packing issue is that I now realize how much I love all my stuff and I don't want to leave anything behind. #excessluggagethings

Yea.. Packing is just a nightmare! Thing is I never knw which of my stuff is important till I get dier and by den, it wud b too late to get them..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:17am On Aug 18, 2014
ValerieXO: mehn, it's like amputation without anesthetic cry
I will add salt to it if u are not careful
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by luvly3(f): 1:19am On Aug 18, 2014
Grapehouse:

Shalom

Hmmm nice.... Hope you are enjoying Canny?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 18, 2014
kennycanny:

Slimbabe, pls permit me to ask, how did your cousin u were assisting the other time application went self?
It went not fine dear, any other questions you are highly permitted to ask

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.