Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (827630 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tokiniofficial(m): 8:59am On Aug 18, 2014
How's your experience with the flight so far? And please if you'll be a lil bit detailed about it I'll appreciate.

DFodio: i understand you. I had to drop a lot of things so as to ensure I don't leave out the essentials. It brings prioritising to a whole new level. Currently at Frankfurt airport. Got here via Lufthansa. Still have about 6 hours wait before heading to Saskatoon via Toronto. Journey was smooth.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by DFodio(m): 9:00am On Aug 18, 2014
chichi89: yayyy thank God. How's Frankfurt grin
Frankfurt is great. The airport is big compared to MMA. There really is no basis for comparison. Seeing is believing. You will see.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by DFodio(m): 9:10am On Aug 18, 2014
tokiniofficial: How's your experience with the flight so far? And please if you'll be a lil bit detailed about it I'll appreciate.

Experience was pretty smooth. The plane was big. I actually picked my seat online before moving. I like the window seat. Served us dinner and breakfast. For dinner. I chose Sphagetti with chicken. Took coffee with it and desertt. It was okay.

A woman actually collapsed on the flight just about 2 hours before getting to Frankfurt. People were scared. Thought it was Ebola but later got to know she was on medication.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by DFodio(m): 9:13am On Aug 18, 2014
DFodio: Experience was pretty smooth. The plane was big. I actually picked my seat online before moving. I like the window seat. Served us dinner and breakfast. For dinner. I chose Sphagetti with chicken. Took coffee with it and desertt. It was okay.

A woman actually collapsed on the flight just about 2 hours before getting to Frankfurt. People were scared. Thought it was Ebola but later got to know she was on medication.
had bread and tea for breakfast. Landing was pretty smooth. Though we had more male flight attendants than female one as applied to Emirates and Etihad. You will enjoy it. Presently waiting at the airport with two other Canada bound peeps. There is free wifi to access the IInternet. Pretty smooth. I'm sure you will enjoy it

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tokiniofficial(m): 9:14am On Aug 18, 2014
Lol @ d woman. What about entertainment? Is d Wi-Fi in d flight strong enough? Are You guys allowed to tour d city a lil? wink

DFodio: Experience was pretty smooth. The plane was big. I actually picked my seat online before moving. I like the window seat. Served us dinner and breakfast. For dinner. I chose Sphagetti with chicken. Took coffee with it and desertt. It was okay.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by DFodio(m): 9:19am On Aug 18, 2014
tokiniofficial: Lol @ d woman. What about entertainment? Is d Wi-Fi in d flight strong enough? Are You guys allowed to tour d city a lil? wink

you can't leave the airport without a Germany visa. There is wifi on the plane but you have to pay and register for it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ValerieXO: 9:20am On Aug 18, 2014

hi, how did you pick your seat online? I really want to do that.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by DFodio(m): 9:25am On Aug 18, 2014
ValerieXO: hi, how did you pick your seat online? I really want to do that.
it depends on where you bought your ticket. Bought mine from flight hub. A link was attached to my electronic ticket. From the link I was able to view the type of plane I will be travelling with. The different seating arrangement and the available seats that have not been allocated. From there you can pick the one you want
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blink6(m): 9:26am On Aug 18, 2014
Anyone heard from cic again for med?

And if you got an idea of Wat application date is being processed now, please let us know. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by DFodio(m): 9:28am On Aug 18, 2014
tokiniofficial: Lol @ d woman. What about entertainment? Is d Wi-Fi in d flight strong enough? Are You guys allowed to tour d city a lil? wink

entertainment is also good. You get to watch movies. Listen to news or sports depending on your preferences. I watched Captain America: the winter soldier. It was cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blink6(m): 9:29am On Aug 18, 2014
DFodio: it depends on where you bought your ticket. Bought mine from flight hub. A link was attached to my electronic ticket. From the link I was able to view the type of plane I will be travelling with. The different seating arrangement and the available seats that have not been allocated. From there you can pick the one you want
Is flight hub like wakanow (agents)?
If yes, wats their website address?

Safe trip to CA.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by DFodio(m): 9:30am On Aug 18, 2014
blink6:
Is flight hub like wakanow (agents)?
If yes, wats their website address?

Safe trip to CA.
Yes it is like wakanow. Just Google it. It should come up with the link
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blink6(m): 9:32am On Aug 18, 2014
DFodio: Yes it is like wakanow. Just Google it. It should come up with the link
Aii! Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kennycanny: 9:37am On Aug 18, 2014
dwaynecater: Guy I hv been to uk embassy and was denied visa and they stamped my passport with { UK ABUJA } I want to ask if that stamp would hv any effect if I want to try out another country ? Let say like india

Wrong trend for your question, but let me try to answer. Well it depends on the Visa Officer attending to your case, but if you have a cogent reason of going to India or any country for that matter and meet up with their requirements for a visa, u ll be granted!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by constant57: 9:53am On Aug 18, 2014
DFodio: Yes it is like wakanow. Just Google it. It should come up with the link

Hi Dami,

Glad you had a smooth ride to Frankfurt. I can only imagine how boring and tiring it is waiting for 6hrs for your connecting flight to Toronto (mine is 9hrs and I am already dreading it).

I know I have asked you this before, but let me reconfirm. I guessed one is entitled to two, free 23kg baggage allowance on Lufthansa. (I am flying economy). The notion I have been having is that it is only one 23kg bag that is free. Don't mind me, the load wey I get pass woman own. lol.

Wish you safe trip to Saskatoon. Cheers mate!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by constant57: 9:59am On Aug 18, 2014
ValerieXO: hi, how did you pick your seat online? I really want to do that.

You can always check in online from like 30hrs to your flight time on your airline website and choose your preferred seat (most airlines actually do permit that).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by constant57: 10:05am On Aug 18, 2014
Galaxxy:

Lol, female partner That would be perfect! winks###

Lolz. Karin ka poo, yiye lo n yeni so says a Yoruba adage (meaning;working together is good). *winks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Beamn4real(m): 10:11am On Aug 18, 2014
ValerieXO: yeah, I was asking because it's much more complicated with girls.

Okay.. Thought it wz a trick questn cos there's an "m" very close to my profile name -- Beamn4real..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Beamn4real(m): 10:14am On Aug 18, 2014
cheesy
DFodio: i understand you. I had to drop a lot of things so as to ensure I don't leave out the essentials. It brings prioritising to a whole new level. Currently at Frankfurt airport. Got here via Lufthansa. Still have about 6 hours wait before heading to Saskatoon via Toronto. Journey was smooth.

Bro, abeg hw u take dey browse 4 Frankfurt? Airtel, etisalat etc dey dier too? cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Beamn4real(m): 10:20am On Aug 18, 2014
DFodio: had bread and tea for breakfast. Landing was pretty smooth. Though we had more male flight attendants than female one as applied to Emirates and Etihad. You will enjoy it. Presently waiting at the airport with two other Canada bound peeps. There is free wifi to access the IInternet. Pretty smooth. I'm sure you will enjoy it

Ooh really... My bad, didn't knw bout d free wi-fi..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ValerieXO: 10:47am On Aug 18, 2014
DFodio: it depends on where you bought your ticket. Bought mine from flight hub. A link was attached to my electronic ticket. From the link I was able to view the type of plane I will be travelling with. The different seating arrangement and the available seats that have not been allocated. From there you can pick the one you want
oh ok, I guess I'll just have to research a little.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ValerieXO: 10:49am On Aug 18, 2014
Beamn4real:

Okay.. Thought it wz a trick questn cos there's an "m" very close to my profile name -- Beamn4real..
sorry, I wasn't paying attention to that, and slimdel was right, I was kinda sleepy smiley.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Beamn4real(m): 10:50am On Aug 18, 2014
ValerieXO: oh ok, I guess I'll just have to research a little.

If Lufthansa, u can go to their website, enter ur surname and booking code. Den u can choose an available seat 4 free from ur displayed flight itenerary.. I wz only able to choose 4 d flight to Frankfurt though..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ValerieXO: 10:51am On Aug 18, 2014
constant57:

You can always check in online from like 30hrs to your flight time on your airline website and choose your preferred seat (most airlines actually do permit that).
Thanks, I'm not very tech/net savvy but I'll try that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by alphawg(m): 11:01am On Aug 18, 2014
Good day house, really encouraged by the contributions of peeps in here.
please can anyone here help me with a list of affordable universities for grad studies that I can still apply to 4 jan 2015 admissions..i don't wanna put all my eggs in one basket. keep up the gud work,Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ValerieXO: 11:29am On Aug 18, 2014
Beamn4real:

If Lufthansa, u can go to their website, enter ur surname and booking code. Den u can choose an available seat 4 free from ur displayed flight itenerary.. I wz only able to choose 4 d flight to Frankfurt though..
Thanks, I will
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Beamn4real(m): 11:35am On Aug 18, 2014
alphawg: Good day house, really encouraged by the contributions of peeps in here.
please can anyone here help me with a list of affordable universities for grad studies that I can still apply to 4 jan 2015 admissions..i don't wanna put all my eggs in one basket. keep up the gud work,Thanks.

The thing is -- there are many schs in canny offering grad studies.. But then, it depends on d course ure going for.. Typical tuition for PG in canny schs is about 15k/yr (though it rises each yr).. But dz is just wot I got frm d schs I checkd(UBC, UofT, York uni etc. for engineern and sciences).. You wud need to do a little research on dz based on d course ure going for.. You can first browse all d list of schs in canny, pick institutions ure interested in and start ur research by checking out d institution's portal... All d best bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by omooba2015(m): 12:09pm On Aug 18, 2014
Good Morning, i m a new person in this forum, and i have been enjoying this forum, and like the way people share there experience and testimony here, pls i have some question to ask, i got Admission for my Master, all necessary fees had been paid, my sponsor er is in Europe, he told me that he will only send SOA and all other document to School not Embassy in Nigeria, i try to convinced him that it is only Embassy in Nigeria that my document will be verified, and will be issue visa not school, pls what can i do ..advice me.... Do i also need Police clearance certificate for my documents.... Thanks all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by omooba2015(m): 12:13pm On Aug 18, 2014
Good Mornring, i m a new person in this forum, and i have been enjoying this forum, and like the way people share there experience and testimony here, pls i have some question to ask, i got Admission for my Master, all necessary fees had been paid, my sponsorer is in Europe, he told me that he will only send SOA and all other document to School not Embassy in Nigeria, i try to convinced him that it is only Embassy in Nigeria that my document will be verifed, and will be issue visa not school, pls what can i do ..advice me.... Do i also need Police clearance certificate for my documents.... Thanks all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Beamn4real(m): 12:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
omooba2015: Good Morning, i m a new person in this forum, and i have been enjoying this forum, and like the way people share there experience and testimony here, pls i have some question to ask, i got Admission for my Master, all necessary fees had been paid, my sponsor er is in Europe, he told me that he will only send SOA and all other document to School not Embassy in Nigeria, i try to convinced him that it is only Embassy in Nigeria that my document will be verified, and will be issue visa not school, pls what can i do ..advice me.... Do i also need Police clearance certificate for my documents.... Thanks all

I guess ure trying to apply for canadian visa.. On this supposition, u can simply use d online route.. All ur sponsor needs to send 2 u are scanned copies of these documents and not d originals.. U can then use this to apply for Visa online..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by famolino(m): 12:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
Morning. D present balance of my sponsor is #400 (current) four hundred naira, whl savings #5000. There is a fixed deposit of 5m for me whch ws indicated in his sponsorship letter.. Hez a bank manager wit very good inflow and outflow of cash. Will d present balance affect my application? Hw do I pay for visa app fee and wat documents shld I tak along for biometrics?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kennycanny: 12:21pm On Aug 18, 2014
omooba2015: Good Mornring, i m a new person in this forum, and i have been enjoying this forum, and like the way people share there experience and testimony here, pls i have some question to ask, i got Admission for my Master, all necessary fees had been paid, my sponsorer is in Europe, he told me that he will only send SOA and all other document to School not Embassy in Nigeria, i try to convinced him that it is only Embassy in Nigeria that my document will be verifed, and will be issue visa not school, pls what can i do ..advice me.... Do i also need Police clearance certificate for my documents.... Thanks all

As somebody already adviced you, request him to send you a scanned copy of all his supporting documents, but if he his not willing to do that, look for someone else that can stand as sponsor for you in Nigeria . Because no visa without good sponsorship documents o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.