Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (828242 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Graviton2(m): 11:58pm On Oct 25, 2014
siegfried99:

Thanks.. I appreciate

No p, sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 3:45am On Oct 26, 2014
Hello... I got admission to Niagara College, and I just paid half my tuition yesterday. So u can try them. I'd pay the other half in April 2015. I am yet to get my medicals and TRV tho... I know that would come by his grace sure Banker.

Hope dis helps

siegfried99:
Please, who has applied to Georgian college here?

I would like to know if I have to pay the whole tuition fee from Nigeria here or if it's on arrival?

Or if I can get suggestions on colleges or universities that doesnt require the whole tuition fee b4 leaving Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 5:27am On Oct 26, 2014
holyjacket:
I think proof of fund (tuition, living cost etc) for study visa ought to be for the first year. I need more clarification please.

Yes its majorly for the first year, n its beta u av something more than d total amount in ur SOA
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mcjimmy(m): 5:40am On Oct 26, 2014
@Honorable Siga please sir I would love to know if changing the course being given to someone could be possible when one gets to canny and even before finishing the program can that person change the course?....please sir I need to know..... Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ekpblues8: 5:51am On Oct 26, 2014
mesh2003:

Finally am seeing someone going to North Island College. Am going for winter 2015. PGD business administration-Global business management

@mesh2003:
I've secured admission to study the same course at North Island College, Winter 2015. Pls lets hook up.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mesh2003(f): 6:09am On Oct 26, 2014
ekpblues8:

@mesh2003:
I've secured admission to study the same course at North Island College, Winter 2015. Pls lets hook up.

How do we hook up? Am new in the Forum. How do I get ur contact without it being public?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 7:07am On Oct 26, 2014
mesh2003:

How do we hook up? Am new in the Forum. How do I get ur contact without it being public?

PM things.... Click on his moniker then you see follow this member, you follow then send email message to this member. make una hook up jejely o wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by moshood1993(m): 8:09am On Oct 26, 2014
MrArams:

PM things.... Click on his moniker then you see follow this member, you follow then send email message to this member. make una hook up jejely o wink
as mr Arams said. ...jejely oooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by siegfried99(m): 8:20am On Oct 26, 2014
kaynine59:
Hello... I got admission to Niagara College, and I just paid half my tuition yesterday. So u can try them. I'd pay the other half in April 2015. I am yet to get my medicals and TRV tho... I know that would come by his grace sure Banker.

Hope dis helps

Thanks.. receive your TRV in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 9:02am On Oct 26, 2014
Amen oooooo... Thanks champ!
siegfried99:

Thanks.. receive your TRV in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 9:08am On Oct 26, 2014
Hw does dis email tin work here.... Can't seem to get a hands-on it... Any help would be appreciated.. Bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by moshood1993(m): 9:34am On Oct 26, 2014
kaynine59:
Hw does dis email tin work here.... Can't seem to get a hands-on it... Any help would be appreciated.. Bless

click on his moniker and follw den u will see send a email message and he gets d mail ir notification and so on
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 11:49am On Oct 26, 2014
Moshood bless bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by abeybrainard: 12:15pm On Oct 26, 2014
please can you tell me the process of getting admission to the same marine institute fall 2015..do i need a prove of english exam??thanks
Waledarep:
Good afternoon house, I have been Offered a year programme from Marine Institute of Memorial University, NL for Fall 2015.
I will like to know when it is appropriate to start my Travelling Processes? Thank You

And I will also like to hook up with anybody that have been offered admission to the same school or probably schooling there already

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by abeybrainard: 12:27pm On Oct 26, 2014
hello everyone and how is everything going with you guys?? please i am planning to apply for a university in canada and i found on the website about prove of english exam.i want to know if this is important as a Nigerian too? or will i need the prove of english exam at the embassy when applying for study permit ??
i will also like to know if i must pay my tution fees before i apply for study permit at the embassy
Thank you all for..looking forward to hearing from you guys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stevemims(m): 12:35pm On Oct 26, 2014
Waledarep:
Good afternoon house, I have been Offered a year programme from Marine Institute of Memorial University, NL for Fall 2015.
I will like to know when it is appropriate to start my Travelling Processes? Thank You

And I will also like to hook up with anybody that have been offered admission to the same school or probably schooling there already
bro,congrats. I'm working on my admission package to the same school. Please,we need to talk. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lakusi(m): 12:38pm On Oct 26, 2014
ada4all:
Hi nlanders,

Please I paid 35, 000 for IELTS exams only to find out that the schools am applying to does not require it. Now it looks like I can't get my money back embarassed

What do I do please. cry

Heyy Ada4all,
I paid aidy too n my exam is next month so m gonna sit for it jux incase ... Which schs did u apply to? n also wt wud u use in place of d proficiency exam results because I heard smefin abt a letter frm my Uni or so wud suffice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 26, 2014
happy sunday people,i prayed for u all today medicals nd trv coming to ur doorsteps in jesus name AMEN

nd please if any of u find cheap flights to winnipeg just post, am hvin headache finding one tnk ya kiss

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stevemims(m): 12:39pm On Oct 26, 2014
abeybrainard:
hello everyone and how is everything going with you guys?? please i am planning to apply for a university in canada and i found on the website about prove of english exam.i want to know if this is important as a Nigerian too? or will i need the prove of english exam at the embassy when applying for study permit ??
i will also like to know if i must pay my tution fees before i apply for study permit at the embassy
Thank you all for..looking forward to hearing from you guys
As a nigerian who graduated from a recognized institution most schools in canada don't request for the english lang profeciency,just make sure you do ur research very well before you apply to any school. As per the tuition fee it depends on the school,but some will request u to pay a deposit. Hope this will be an hint
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lakusi(m): 12:41pm On Oct 26, 2014
stevemims:
Sorry about that,but you should have done enough reasearch(s) before taking such step. Since you have registered and paid for the exam i don't think its possible. Most schools in Canada don't request for an english profeciency from Nigerian applicants.

Hehe have u rily checked Uni of Calgary I fink its low ranked Unis n Colleges dt aint so competitive dt dnt request for English Proficiency Results #MyObservation + I stand to b more enlightened n corrected on dis issue cos apart frm d tests I dunno wt else I cn use ... Tanx.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Waledarep(m): 12:55pm On Oct 26, 2014
blink6:
tick yes and state the reason u was refused in ur first app.

I believe they will focus on the reason(s) again and if u've fixed them, twill be a positive news this time.

Goodluck

Are you to pick Yes for a TRV application refusal or admission refusal by a school?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Waledarep(m): 1:06pm On Oct 26, 2014
abeybrainard:
please can you tell me the process of getting admission to the same marine institute fall 2015..do i need a prove of english exam??thanks

Nope because I didn't use it for my own
Their website is www.mi.mun.ca am. Just browse through and see things for yourself. All is well and feel free to contact me anytime
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Waledarep(m): 1:06pm On Oct 26, 2014
stevemims:
bro,congrats. I'm working on my admission package to the same school. Please,we need to talk. Thanks
Have replied yah mail brov
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blink6(m): 1:11pm On Oct 26, 2014
Waledarep:

Are you to pick Yes for a TRV application refusal or admission refusal by a school?

I no understand u o!...

Tis for trv application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 1:12pm On Oct 26, 2014
lakusi:

Hehe have u rily checked Uni of Calgary I fink its low ranked Unis n Colleges dt aint so competitive dt dnt request for English Proficiency Results #MyObservation + I stand to b more enlightened n corrected on dis issue cos apart frm d tests I dunno wt else I cn use ... Tanx.

Not true sha, most schools waive it based on the fact that English is our first language.. Doesn't mean they're low ranked or not competitive
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lakusi(m): 1:18pm On Oct 26, 2014
tnuola:

Not true sha, most schools waive it based on the fact that English is our first language.. Doesn't mean they're low ranked or not competitive

Thanks alot Tnuola !!! grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by BoniTa08(f): 1:25pm On Oct 26, 2014
When am i getting to the stage of applying for student permit.... It seems like forever. Anywayz i applied for Fall 2015 seesion PG at UofM and University of Ottawa. God help us
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 1:39pm On Oct 26, 2014
Mcjimmy:
@Honorable Siga please sir I would love to know if changing the course being given to someone could be possible when one gets to canny and even before finishing the program can that person change the course?....please sir I need to know..... Thanks
.... U can change ur course when u get here ....but u will have to change before u go too far in the program or else it will attract tuition ... there are deadlines to when u can drop courses... once that deadline is passed... u will have to pay ni ooo..But there is no law or rule against changing....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stevemims(m): 1:43pm On Oct 26, 2014
Waledarep:

Have replied yah mail brov
Got yah bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ada4all: 3:09pm On Oct 26, 2014
lakusi:

Heyy Ada4all,
I paid aidy too n my exam is next month so m gonna sit for it jux incase ... Which schs did u apply to? n also wt wud u use in place of d proficiency exam results because I heard smefin abt a letter frm my Uni or so wud suffice.

Hi, I applied to seneca college, fanshawe college and humber college for PGD in logistics and supply chain management. All do not require English proficiency from Nigerians. I have decided to write it sha. No be to read am pass exam ni. wink

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 26, 2014
lakusi:

Bro, University of Calgary is one of the toughest universities to gain admission into in Canada. It is very very competitive even for brilliant Canadian citizens.
English test has nothing to do with how competitive a university is. It's the quality of their graduates and the level of respect the industry has for the university or college.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stevemims(m): 5:19pm On Oct 26, 2014
saxywale:

Bro, University of Calgary is one of the toughest universities to gain admission into in Canada. It is very very competitive even for brilliant Canadian citizens.
English test has nothing to do with how competitive a university is. It's the quality of their graduates and the level of respect the industry has for the university or college.
Abi o,evn nearly al the so called top schools dont request for it

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.