Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (825250 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 5:52pm On Nov 21, 2014
And so r u sweets. Sure bet we go jam for canny by his grace. Dnt forget to eat all dia plane food as u de travel oh. Drink many Andrews liver salt and Show no mercy to those flight chow.. Na ur money lol. Pm me later K. Take care sweets
tianadiva:
lolz kay if theres anyway i can do dat i will,take care of ur self dear u re one important person to me,so keep calm nd smile ur trv is so clse u need to pray cross ur T's nd dots ur I's expecting to see u in canny kiss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by gbaby4live: 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2014
help ooo....
am planning on traveling to USA using student visa....Nd after getting to USA..will cancel or defer my admission and move to Canada for undergraduate study....
Plz any idea maybe its possible my oga oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Sodikworld(m): 6:31pm On Nov 21, 2014
Yeah its denial... dont relent push forward, it happened to me twice but today its the other way round!!
Biolls02:
Please anyone please verify that once one receives a mail like this and hadn't been invited for medicals, it means denial

Dear Applicant,

We would like to inform you that your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 17 Nov 2014 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.
You can track the status of your application through our website mentioned below using your tracking number.
Tracking Number:*******************
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada

Best Regards,
Canada Visa Application Centre, NigeriaAccra

GHANA
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by loladeoye: 6:42pm On Nov 21, 2014
Biolls02 when did u submit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pyzdan: 6:56pm On Nov 21, 2014
Bros, i think i will disagree with you. We are the light of the world and the darkness of this world cannot comprehend it
mobuch:

That is your own opinion, dear; you sound so young to understand such matters, so I will just pass.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 7:00pm On Nov 21, 2014
Yh! Tho I I sent d embassy an email b4 getn it
Sodikworld:
for those that got their TRV through online means of application?? did u guy receive anything like letter of introduction??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Sodikworld(m): 7:02pm On Nov 21, 2014
omo mehnn na to mail CIC for mine< almost goke it shaa.. Its well
realone01:
Yh!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Sodikworld(m): 7:05pm On Nov 21, 2014
i jst mailed them now.... nice! bro
realone01:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 21, 2014
I was baffled at what could be the legitimate reasons for Study Permit Denial, see what i found at ' http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/intent.asp '.

Since you may not want to open a new window, see below:
Students who want to immigrate

Purpose

To clarify communication and operations in the study permit process with respect to the concept of “dual intent” by:

*.Defining “dual intent’;

*.Reaffirming that a study permit will not be refused based on “dual intent’; and

*.Clarifying what steps a student must take in the application process.

Introduction

Section 22(2) ofImmigration and Refugee Protection Act(IRPA) states: “An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.” This can come up in a situation where an international student has one intention to apply for a study permit (as a temporary resident) and a second intention to apply for permanent residency. An applicant may have several mechanisms under the Act allowing them to transfer from the temporary resident stream to the permanent resident stream that would satisfy this dual intent provision. This “dual intent’ is not grounds for refusal of the study permit.

An international student should first be aware that:

*.Holders of a study permit are normally required to return home at the end of the period authorized for their stay which usually corresponds with the completion of their studies and they must commit to respecting this requirement at the time of application for the study permit; and

*.Federal government programs may be available to international students which permit them to stay and work in Canada after having completed their studies and, in some cases, eventually apply for permanent residency. If unable to qualify for such programs a student is required to leave Canada upon expiry of their study permit.

Background

Stakeholders in the higher education sector have expressed a desire to ensure clarity surrounding the concept of “dual intent’ in order to ensure that it is understood by everybody that, as stated in the legislation, having both intents – one for temporary residence through the study permit, and one for permanent residency – is legitimate.

The federal government wants to ensure Canada is attracting the maximum number of qualified international students in the competitive global market. Taking steps to clarify the concept of dual intent for stakeholders will only further strengthenCIC’s important role in fulfilling this key priority of the federal government.

The Government of Canada has expressed its commitment to attract more international students to Canada and ultimately tap into this source for highly educated workers to contribute to its labour force. Canada has outlined its overall policy objectives related to student recruitment in its 2007 Budget and accompanying economic plan,Advantage Canada, in which it stated that it encourages the “best foreign students to attend Canadian colleges and universities by marketing the excellence of Canada’s post-secondary education system”. This is accompanied by policy objectives designed to retain international students to pursue a “knowledge advantage” in which Canada will create “the best-educated, most skilled and most flexible workforce in the world”. These objectives were also reinforced in the federal government budget of 2008.

Operations related to processing study permits

A person’s desire to apply for permanent residence before or during the period of study in Canada may be legitimate. An officer should distinguish between a bona fide applicant and an applicant who has no intention of leaving Canada if the application for permanent residency is refused.

In determining bona fides, as defined byCIC’s Overseas Processing Manual, Chapter 12, Section 5.15, all students must be assessed by officers on an individual basis; refusals of non-bona fide students may only withstand legal challenge when the refusal is based on the information related to the specific case before an officer. Therefore, while cultural context or historical migration patterns of a client group may be a contributing factor to the decision-making process, they alone are not valid, legally tenable grounds for refusal on bona fides.

If an officer has concerns/doubts about the applicant’s bona fides, the applicant must be made aware of these concerns and given an opportunity to refute them.

The onus, as always, remains on the applicant to establish that they are a bona fide temporary resident who will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay pursuant toIRPARegulations 216(1)(b) which, absent any extensions, will normally be following the completion of their studies and the expiry of their study permit pursuant toIRPARegulation 183(4)(b).

A commitment to bona fide international students

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) believes in the contribution of international students to Canada’s economic and cultural environment. To encourage international students to study in Canada, the federal government has designed programs to attract and retain more international students, which permit them to stay and work in Canada after having completed their studies and, in some cases, eventually apply for permanent residency, including the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program and the proposed Canadian Experience Class.

CICacknowledges that there may be instances where bona fide international students who wish to participate in programs being promoted to retain them in Canada may indeed, in the application process, indicate a desire to remain in Canada after the completion of studies.

What students must do in applying for a study permit pertaining to dual intent

In applying for a study permit, a student must first and foremost clearly demonstrate to the Visa officer that he or she intends to respect the requirement that study permit holders leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay which usually corresponds with the completion of studies and expiry of their study permit.

Other information related to a decision on a study permit application

In assessing an application for a study permit an officer may also consider factors such as:

*.The length of time that the client will be spending in Canada;

*.The means of support;

*.Obligations and ties in home country;

*.Compliance with other requirements of the Act and Regulations applicable to students/temporary residents.

If an application for a study permit is not approved, theCICvisa officer will provide the client with a letter explaining why an application has been refused. A study permit application might be refused for several reasons including:

*.Not providing sufficient proof that an individual has enough money to support oneself while studying in Canada, and to return to their country of residence;

*.Medical inadmissibility;

*.Not satisfying the visa officer that there is an intention to study in Canada;

*.Not satisfying the visa officer that the individual will leave Canada at the end of their period of authorized stay.

*.Not submitting all required documentation; and

*.Not satisfying the officer that the applicant has answered all material questions truthfully as required by Section 16(1) ofIRPA.

Date Modified: 2012-10-25
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Biolls02: 7:38pm On Nov 21, 2014
Paper Route
Submission and Biometrics: 29th September
loladeoye:
Biolls02 when did u submit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by eddy20: 7:46pm On Nov 21, 2014
tianadiva:
nope ma skul is in winnipeg uni of manitoba precisely,bt wanna stay wid ma uncle in toronto,which skul re u heading to in toronto
humber....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 21, 2014
mobuch:

How old are u and how much experiences have u gone thru in life
Do u still live under your parents' roof? The challenges the average youth faces in nigeria is far more bigger n complex than the one he or she would face outside nigeria.

In Nigeria, u need to allign yourself with god or any other spiritual force u believe in, if u wanna achieve your dreams.

Sit on the fence, n see how slow your life will be. This is derailing this thread, so I will stop here. I have lived on both sides of d planet, so I know what am talking about.

Abeg enough of the "how old are you" stuff. Same thing you were asking @luvly3. You don reach 100years? If yes, who the hell told you that age determines maturity? Our country Nigeria is not associated with any darkness, PERIOD. A shame you can actually brand your country as that. Wetin you go come talk of na foreigners talk about 9ja like that? *smh*

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 8:14pm On Nov 21, 2014
Shyee nice post. Really mind blowing and insightful. Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by eddy20: 8:15pm On Nov 21, 2014
As a nigerian u guys shud be proud of ur country.even if the leaders are misbehaving,nigeria is still ur country
If God help u enter canada or any oda country,nija is still ur home.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2014
The C.E.O of a company was walking round
his company's factory to see how the staff
members were doing. He noticed a guy
leaning against the wall doing nothing, he
approached the man and asked him, "How
much do you earn?" The guy was amazed and
said, "N50,000 sir".
The C.E.O. Went to his car and brought out a
bundle of N1,000 notes from his bag and
gave the guy and yelled at him in anger, "I
pay people here to work and not waste time.
This is your 10 months salary, now Get out of
here,
don't say a word and NEVER come back!"
After the guy had left, the C.E.O now looked
at other workers and asked, "By the way, who
was that guy I just fired?"
The workers replied, "He was the Newspaper
delivery guy from DHL sir..."
This is how God will bless someone without any hesitation or hassle before the end of this year because you shall be too much for the V.O so ignore and you have no reason to get any negative response from the V.O. As we all apply and go forward with our respective applications and files God shall go before us and even as we leave our application in the able hands of the V.O God shall assign his guardian angels to stay with those handling the application and each and every page shall make absolute sense to the V.O and absolute flawless. #InshaAllah. BTW where is @Habeeb521

16 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 21, 2014
kaynine59:
Shyee nice post. Really mind blowing and insightful. Thanks boss

you are welcome sir.
Seriously, why don't you challenge their decision for 'delaying' you, I read on a forum where somone said he decided to challenge their IELTS results. his paper was remarked and he performed outstandingly, only with #15k additional cost.

Before I joined NL, I found the Denial Cases appealed in court, and many of these cases were won and lost. I discovered your winning depends on your appealing power.
Canadian high commision is on another level entirely compared to 9ja, you are free to appeal any decision as you deem fit. Even the Canadian institutions give you the right to appeal any 'bone of contention'.
(I saved the appealed cases pages on my phone, I hope to upload them if i find them)

reading this:
If an officer has concerns/doubts about the applicant’s bona fides, the applicant must be made aware of these concerns and given an opportunity to refute them.
AND this
In applying for a study permit, a student must first and foremost clearly demonstrate to the Visa officer that he or she intends to respect the requirement that study permit holders leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay which usually corresponds with the completion of studies and expiry of their study permit..

From the two stances above, methinks a case can be appealed if you feel you confident enough.

* an agent I wanted to use, a Lawyer, gave me a gist that, their decision can be appealed. These VOs are human beings, and are different, do you know , if another VO had considered your application(maybe another VAC), you could have proceeded with your application?

Kaynine59, I am a novice here, but I don't see reasons why you can't appeal your case...if you have any on the first place.

Please house, don't mind my verbosity, what are your expert views on Appealing Decisions? @Siga, @ferdimanco,@justwise@pchax...please let us roll on this, i don't want us to silently accept unfavourable decisions.
Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akanni(m): 9:10pm On Nov 21, 2014
realone01:
@realone, was it to accraimmigration you sent it to?
i sent them a mail on monday and up till now, i haven't gotten any response.
please enlighten where you sent it to and what details you provided.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 21, 2014
[quote author=Shyee post=28230790]

in addition to the seemingly Story for the Gods I just posted (smiley), i found the Applicants Case saved pages I talked about. The thing is plenty and my phone did NOT save the urls along.
If you may google this 'Applicant case summaries- FWCanada '
seems its for Federal Worker stuff, but it may be useful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akanni(m): 9:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
A quick one E-family, can someone in the US with a visit visa apply online for a visit visa to Canada?
I can't seem to find anything on this online though on one of the forms, i saw 'current country of residence' where the option for visitor exists.
so, what do you think?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 9:50pm On Nov 21, 2014
Yh bro, I sent it to that email.
akanni:

@realone, was it to accraimmigration you sent it to?
i sent them a mail on monday and up till now, i haven't gotten any response.
please enlighten where you sent it to and what details you provided.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Glocal1: 10:02pm On Nov 21, 2014
Hi good people of dis great forum, pls can someone help list schools in canada that offer full financial aid/scholarship to international students with 2.1.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 21, 2014
Shyee:

you are welcome sir.
Seriously, why don't you challenge their decision for 'delaying' you, I read on a forum where somone said he decided to challenge their IELTS results. his paper was remarked and he performed outstandingly, only with #15k additional cost.

Before I joined NL, I found the Denial Cases appealed in court, and many of these cases were won and lost. I discovered your winning depends on your appealing power.
Canadian high commision is on another level entirely compared to 9ja, you are free to appeal any decision as you deem fit. Even the Canadian institutions give you the right to appeal any 'bone of contention'.
(I saved the appealed cases pages on my phone, I hope to upload them if i find them)

reading this:
AND this
In applying for a study permit, a student must first and foremost clearly demonstrate to the Visa officer that he or she intends to respect the requirement that study permit holders leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay which usually corresponds with the completion of studies and expiry of their study permit..

From the two stances above, methinks a case can be appealed if you feel you confident enough.

* an agent I wanted to use, a Lawyer, gave me a gist that, their decision can be appealed. These VOs are human beings, and are different, do you know , if another VO had considered your application(maybe another VAC), you could have proceeded with your application?

Kaynine59, I am a novice here, but I don't see reasons why you can't appeal your case...if you have any on the first place.

Please house, don't mind my verbosity, what are your expert views on Appealing Decisions? @Siga, @ferdimanco, @justwise@pchax...please let us roll on this, i don't want us to silently accept unfavourable decisions.
Peace.
Na me be that? Old boy, na EE I dey oh.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 10:11pm On Nov 21, 2014
Glocal1:
Hi good people of dis great forum, pls can someone help list schools in canada that offer full financial aid/scholarship to international students with 2.1.

Of course! Just follow the steps below:

❖ Google list of schools in canada (top 30, top 50 or whatever).
❖ On each university, go to department's page that offers the course you want to go for.
❖ Most of them have a section for "Tuition and Scholarship". The info you are looking for is there.
❖ If it is not there, go to "Contact Us" and send them a mail of enquiry. They reply very fast.

Best of luck!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 21, 2014
[quote author=Shyee post=28230790]

jsut got this on the issue:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=180&t=17
Can I appeal a decision on a work permit application?
Under Canada'sImmigration and Refugee Protection Act, there is no formal right of appeal on temporary resident decisions. Instead, you can reapply. If possible, a different officer will examine the application.
You can also ask for a judicial review through the Federal Court of Canada, if you think the process was not fair. A lawyer in Canada would act on your behalf.

My case is on the last paragraph.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 10:55pm On Nov 21, 2014
Shyee:

you are welcome sir.

reading this:
AND this

Please house, don't mind my verbosity, what are your expert views on Appealing Decisions? @Siga, @ferdimanco,@justwise@pchax...please let us roll on this, i don't want us to silently accept unfavourable decisions.
Peace.

After doing a little reading on the subject of appeals as regards the topic of discussion, it seems pretty transparent and straight forward. I tried searching forums to read experiences of folks who appealed but it seems many people do not appeal. Unfortunately, I do not have much to say based on experience of other people as regards appeals. But i trust it is a cool path one can tread if he can pay for the services of a lawyer.
Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 21, 2014
[quote author=pchax post=28233792]
thanks alot sir.
Am I the only that observe a clause? '...if one can pay for the services of a lawyer'
Any wish way, I got this again on cic: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=180&t=17

Principal applicant:
Can I appeal a decision on a work permit application?
Response: Under Canada'sImmigration and Refugee Protection Act, there is no formal right of appeal on temporary resident decisions. Instead, you can reapply. If possible, a different officer will examine the application.
You can also ask for a judicial review through the Federal Court of Canada, if you think the process was not fair. A lawyer in Canada would act on your behalf.
My case is on the last last paragraph.

Lawyers in the house, your informed minds are needed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Sodikworld(m): 11:49pm On Nov 21, 2014
Boss, how long did it take the embassy to reply u: thats sending ur Letter Of Introduction
realone01:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 11:55pm On Nov 21, 2014
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS ( WINTER - JAN 2015 )

1. tianadiva: SEPTEMBER 5, Uni of Manitoba, online, UG. TRV
2. fabuloustee: SEPTEMBER 9, Niagara college, paper, UG. TRV
3. jojcanada: SEPTEMBER 9, Seneca college, Paper, PG. TRV
4. MrArams: SEPTEMBER 11, CUCA, online, PG. MEDICALS
5. Mesh2003: SEPTEMBER 17, North Island college, paper, PG. TRV
6. vanrichie4u: SEPTEMBER 24, Nothern lights college, online, PG. MEDICALS
7. duntano: SEPTEMBER 25, Conestoga college, paper, Diploma. delayed
8. Santohfilz: SEPTEMBER 26, UPEI, online, UG.delayed
9. pchax: SEPTEMBER 28, Uni of Windsor, online, PG MEDICALS
10. tweeny24: SEPTEMBER 29, centennial college, paper, diploma.delayed

11. lilspiceyy: SEPTEMBER 30, NBCC, online, diploma.
12. kaynine59: SEPTEMBER 30, Niagara college, paper, PG. delayed
13. omooba: OCTOBER 1, laurentian university, online route, PG.
14. Dafinest4life: OCTOBER 2, Olds college, online, diploma. delayed
15. lewoxxy: OCTOBER 2, Seneca college, online, PG.delayed
16. standupguy: OCTOBER 8, Conestoga college, online, PG
17. redribs: OCTOBER 10, UOttawa, Online, PG.
18. meritdee: OCTOBER 10, Humber, online, Adv dip
19. Cufs: OCTOBER 14, Uni of Lethbridge, paper, 2nd UG.
20. Babahor: OCTOBER 15, seneca college, online, PG.
21. showfz: OCTOBER 16, Red River college, online, diploma.
22. newbie2014: OCTOBER 16, GBC, online, PG.
23. moshood1993: OCTOBER 17, Lambton college, online, PG.
24. holyjacket: OCTOBER 17, U of Alberta, online, PG.
25. holu26: OCTOBER 17, Uni of Lethbridge, online, UG.
26. blink6: OCTOBER 21, MUN, online, UG.
27. chops33: OCTOBER 22, Brandon uni, online, UG.
28. Tnuola: OCTOBER 23, Lambton college, paper, PG.
29. basukajoe: October 24, Niagara College, Paper, PG
30. Joe980: NOVEMBER 1, UOttawa, paper, PG.
31. castiello: NOVEMBER 2, York University, online, PG.
32. Chuckie414: NOVEMBER 3 ,SAIT, paper, UG.
33. warrikid: NOVEMBER 4, Humber college, online, PG.
34. mrnilobrawn: Nov 6, UNB, Online, PG
35. mamula: Nov 17, Seneca, Online, PG

If you have admission for Winter
and have applied for TRV

Please provide the following information
**Submission date**Institution*
**Mode of submission: Online/Paper
**level of study

UPDATED

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 2:25am On Nov 22, 2014
too many verses like bible pages.....

Like kilode!!!

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bukky1989: 2:39am On Nov 22, 2014
realone01:
ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
Praise be to His only name, I got the message yesterday.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Vycta(m): 3:30am On Nov 22, 2014
Ace2013:
Eddy if you say original documents what do you mean? Documents showing proof of Assets owned should also be original?

Baba, that one na long thing ooo, if u re-list am it wouldn't hurt na, abeg review

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.