Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (827353 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 25, 2014
am doin great hw re tins at ur end?
Joe980:
I'm good, you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 10:55am On Nov 25, 2014
tianadiva:
am doin great hw re tins at ur end?
keeping head up, sure you are good to go cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by double08(m): 11:55am On Nov 25, 2014
DebohBaron:
I don't get, did u read wht I replie to.
Seriously!??
I'm the one that needs yo grow up??
Alright then...

It's all good.

Yeah,its just a chain reaction of wht you said earlier.

It's a good thing you apologised. Hope you learned something from this sha.

Sometimes saying you are sorry doesn't mean u re @ 4lt.

Make us proud when u get to canny and mind how you "turn up" while u re @ it.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by dramacox: 12:26pm On Nov 25, 2014
dramacox:
Please nairalanders, I just got an admission from Algonquin college in a 2yrs diploma course but someone told me that the chance of getting visa is low because am suppose to apply to an advance diploma course since i had already finished a university degree. is this true? pls ur response is important.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 1:39pm On Nov 25, 2014
DebohBaron:
I'm sorry bro if I sounded cocky but Did u read the reply I got from the guy saying I'm the reason Nigeria is like this because I'm happy that I got the visa??
If you haven't pls try and read it..
It wasn't intention to sound cocky at all and I'm sorry if I made it seem that way.

And I appreciate all the help I got in nairaland and I've said already... Willing to help anybody that have any question, just mention me and I'll help in anyway I can.

...That's okay. .u go enjoy yourself for Toronto....enough Naija Boys for ur school
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 1:47pm On Nov 25, 2014
Shyee:

smiles.
The concept is to convert your 5 point cgpa to a 4 point scale. Use the formula below:

(X/5) * 4 = y
Where, X is your 5 point scale cgpa
Y is your X converted to a 4 point scale which Canada uses.
E.g if u finish with 3.0 out of possible 5, then
(3/5) * 4 = 2.6

Peace

Baba it is not as direct as that ooo... Of course, that is a simple way to convert but grading systems are different. They have the A+, A, A-, B+ and what have you and each of those grades carry different weights. While in Nigeria it is just the plain A, B,C,D etc. A professor there once told me that a Nigerian 3.50/5.00 is roughly equivalent to their own 3.2/4.0. But if we do the maths normally a Nigerian 3.50/5.00 is equivalent to 2.80/4.00.

So my advise to the OP is to check the departmental site of all his interested Uni's. Some have different countries and their grade point conversion scales. Some just look at your last 2 years course and check out the number of As and Bs.

In summary, grade point conversion is not as easy as it seems. Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 1:54pm On Nov 25, 2014
Hello,

Please I did my medicals on Thursday but I have not heard from the embassy. I know they have received my medical result from the hospital because I can see it is under review in my application status. I noticed this on saturday night (i dey check that thing every hour). Please how long does it take to review medicals. Is submission of passport in Oregun (where biometric is being done)?

Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to more medicals here because I don't like to walk alone smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 2:10pm On Nov 25, 2014
pchax:
Hello,

Please I did my medicals on Thursday but I have not heard from the embassy. I know they have received my medical result from the hospital because I can see it is under review in my application status. I noticed this on saturday night (i dey check that thing every hour). Please how long does it take to review medicals. Is submission of passport in Oregun (where biometric is being done)?

Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to more medicals here because I don't like to walk alone smiley
Relax, u ar almost there. Passport submission is @oregun or to my house grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 2:23pm On Nov 25, 2014
tianadiva:
hello house dnt mind ma absence from here hv been so busy preparaing nd malaria nr won giv me chance,hv been seeing tons of delay it is well for those who re yet to get a response from cic hold ur faith nd pray well it will be well.

nd for those delayed take ur time prepare well enuf,gather all d necessary document nd show cic dat u cn do it

luv u all kiss kiss kiss kiss
NOTE: no matter hw busy i am here nd in canny i will always check on u guys becos hv learnt alot from u all
sleep well peeps
congrats tiana babe...go look ground for me..lol,dont let those canny guys deceive you o,they are always rushing newbies..lol,kidding tho..take care dearie
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lovesavvi: 3:48pm On Nov 25, 2014
Pls house is it possible for online application to submit another document afta a week submission, if it is possible pls giv me d email I can send it to. I requested for a letter of support frm my school to explain d duration of my course to tackle d length of proposed stay in canada nd d school did nt reply me in time nd I just got d letter now and am thinking of how I will send it to d embassy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cancity234: 3:50pm On Nov 25, 2014
Anybody heading to windsor this december?Abi na only me waka come

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 4:09pm On Nov 25, 2014
Hello all. Hope u guys are doing great. Here's a mail I just got from cic. God dey sha. How una dey. Wish all medical hopefuls d best...

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter is in response to your correspondence regarding your application for a Canadian study permit.

The above-mentioned application was considered on its substantive merits and was refused by the reviewing officer. You were provided with a letter containing the decision and the reasons for refusing the application, thereby fully concluding the application.

Should you now have different or additional information, you may wish to submit a new application.

Regards,

Immigration Section (TRU)

Canadian High Commission/

Haut-commissariat du Canada

42 Independence Ave

P.O. Box 1639, Accra, Ghana

Telephone (233-21)-211521

Fax (233-21) - 211524
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 4:13pm On Nov 25, 2014
U may wish to submit new application like say na free submission. This people sef... Lilspiceyyyyy sorry abt ur delay. God de ur side.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by 9jabiggurl: 4:19pm On Nov 25, 2014
lovesavvi:
Pls house is it possible for online application to submit another document afta a week submission, if it is possible pls giv me d email I can send it to. I requested for a letter of support frm my school to explain d duration of my course to tackle d length of proposed stay in canada nd d school did nt reply me in time nd I just got d letter now and am thinking of how I will send it to d embassy.

sorry @lovesavvi...i think its late to that....once you have submitted that is it...so just hope for the best and Trust God to do the rest!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by 9jabiggurl: 4:20pm On Nov 25, 2014
Cancity234:
Anybody heading to windsor this december?Abi na only me waka come
be like say na only you waka come with slippers sef..... tongue

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by 9jabiggurl: 4:23pm On Nov 25, 2014
kaynine59:
U may wish to submit new application like say na free submission. This people sef... Lilspiceyyyyy sorry abt ur delay. God de ur side.

they are simply cashing out some cool money for their embassy....some will refuse you for a very flimsy excuse so you can reapply and pay another fee...its called business! alongside work...no worries a second trial will convince them...just do all the needful and refire like machine gun....(in your words) grin

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 25, 2014
pchax:

Baba it is not as direct as that ooo... Of course, that is a simple way to convert but grading systems are different. They have the A+, A, A-, B+ and what have you and each of those grades carry different weights. While in Nigeria it is just the plain A, B,C,D etc. A professor there once told me that a Nigerian 3.50/5.00 is roughly equivalent to their own 3.2/4.0. But if we do the maths normally a Nigerian 3.50/5.00 is equivalent to 2.80/4.00.

So my advise to the OP is to check the departmental site of all his interested Uni's. Some have different countries and their grade point conversion scales. Some just look at your last 2 years course and check out the number of As and Bs.

In summary, grade point conversion is not as easy as it seems. Cheers!

i already advised the OP same, i.e. to contact his faculty.
Thanks for your contribution
please iheanyi4u take note
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 4:38pm On Nov 25, 2014
Lol 9jabiggirl.... Thanks sis.. Na to refire sha.. Awka made dane gun on standby.... Gettin my docs tomorrow. .

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2014
kaynine59:
What are the reasons for your delay?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 5:02pm On Nov 25, 2014
Don't know yet boss. Out of anger I mailed Accra and asked if the required any supporting documents instead of delaying me. And they replied with that. Moro I de go vfs so I'd know why I was delayed. Hailings boss hope u good

mrnilobrawn:

What are the reasons for your delay?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 5:27pm On Nov 25, 2014
Shyee:

1. What program, UG or PG
2. What department
3. You may need to write IELTS, if such is demanded by the department. The decision to write or not to write is usually made by the Academic Unit of your department through the Admission Officer(AO). Deem it fit to contact your AO.
Peace

I hav been in contact with Peter Gill, i am applying for Computer science UG with AN OND result, i have above C6 in English in WAEC.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 5:29pm On Nov 25, 2014
lovesavvi:

From what I learned in the FAQ of CIC, once you submit, you have submitted. They can request some documents from you if needed though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 25, 2014
emperoracro:

I hav been in contact with Peter Gill, i am applying for Computer science UG with AN OND result, i have above C6 in English in WAEC.

well, i don't know the reason for IELTS, you may not have any other option but to write it if you want MUN admission.
All the Best, man
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by oghos2k(m): 5:48pm On Nov 25, 2014
Na wa o.. The volume of delays dey make me fear O.. Real sorry bro.. You should pick up the letter and let us know why so we can see how to fix it.. I'm sure you'll nail it this time around...
kaynine59:
Lol 9jabiggirl.... Thanks sis.. Na to refire sha.. Awka made dane gun on standby.... Gettin my docs tomorrow. .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 5:48pm On Nov 25, 2014
[quote author=dramacox post=28332329][/quote]
Yeah,most times purpose of visit is alwaz ticked for people goin for Diploma afta a BSCI, its beta u get PGD.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 5:50pm On Nov 25, 2014
Shyee:

well, i don't know the reason for IELTS, you may not have any other option but to write it if you want MUN admission.
All the Best, man

Tanx bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lilspiceyy(f): 5:50pm On Nov 25, 2014
kaynine59:
Thanks oooo @kaynine59 I tot abt u dis afternoon sef. Don't wori there will be no third time cos God will definitely guide us through it all and our wonderful efamily who are always willing to help. Abeg guyz I will have more questions wen the time comes oooo I trust my pple sha grin smiley

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Vycta(m): 6:55pm On Nov 25, 2014
Vycta:

Yes ooo manitoba, thet thing tire me ooo

I will do like u said, contact the dean.

I mailed the head of computer science department

Told him about the none reply of depmtal staff to my advisor request, he said that I should try and convince them that I have interest in their work and will stay @ their lab(s).

Guys wetin me no knw na how I go convice these men say I like their research and am interested in it, when most of their research I don't even know what its all about.

Guys that have gone tru this stage abeg helep oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 7:07pm On Nov 25, 2014
Are u going for computer science? If yes, try university of regina. You do not need to worry about getting a supervisor
Vycta:

I mailed the head of computer science department

Told him about the none reply of depmtal staff to my advisor request, he said that I should try and convince them that I have interest in their work and will stay @ their lab(s).

Guys wetin me no knw na how I go convice these men say I like their research and am interested in it, when most of their research I don't even know what its all about.

Guys that have gone tru this stage abeg helep oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 7:16pm On Nov 25, 2014
Oghos2k and lilspiceyyyyy thanks u two... Na God de help man... God pass dem wella. I have been deferred till September next year as Niagara College doesn't have anoda start date for My course . lol... Its all good sha.. Abeg house una know which other schools de do environmental management and Assessment for May intake.??

Evening all .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by osemobo85: 7:20pm On Nov 25, 2014
my online application is taking forever for me to get a response ( a month and 3 weeks). what should i do? write to them?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Leaderdeji: 7:23pm On Nov 25, 2014
9jabiggurl:

@LEADERDEJI..in my opinion, your husband should not have moved N6m to your account...he should have stood in as your main sponsor and you support. If you claim you are the main sponsor with N6.5m and Husby with N1m, they will wonder how you will survive when you are gone knowing fully well that your income will not flowing anymore....I strongly believe your husband should have the huge sum and then all his work paper and document will support the fact that there will be a continuous support whilst you are away.

Hope that makes sense.....Thats what i plan to do when applying...was going to apply with my husby and boys before but after been cautioned on this thread I am definitely not and will use my husby as main sponsor and show continuous support through his work, payslip, etc......

Thanks. It makes sense perfectly. I will factored in your advise in my next application.

Regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.