Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (828230 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 26, 2014
[quote author=pampem][/quote]
Also I want to find out about concluding ONE
year masters program if one could really get to
process one's PR during the one year PGWP if
one doesn't want to proceed into PHD. Does
any one have information or experience of
people that has really got settled via this route?
Your responses will be appreciated
God bless us all

Please our oga's in the house we need more clarification on this issue...thnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ScGuy(m): 8:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
tnuola:

Do you mind listing documents submitted and dates.. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ScGuy(m): 9:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
TeamclicksAir:
nice one... God doing his thing....Now arrange yourself to the airline office tomorrow for ticket else OYO.

Tnks... Am on it already sef
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ScGuy(m): 9:04pm On Aug 26, 2014
bodmas3000: Guys am still waiting for my medicals and TRV pls I really need prayers now my school is resuming 2 September 2014 I submitted on 11 July 2014 why is it taking a long time??

U will receive email for medicals b4 end of dis week by d special grace of GOD

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by einsteino(m): 9:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
codebreaker:

What course is that.. IPG?

civil engr.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Patdeka(f): 9:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
Amefrica:

You don dey enjoy alone? You con bone me? Diarizz God oo..

Amefrica da prophet I no forget you ooo, u should be here by now, i dunno what you still waiting for lol.. am warming up for winter already..its getting cold

How Chris viral, any news?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by fxsly: 9:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
please guys i know this question may have been treated in one of the pages of this thread but as we know moving from page to page wont be easy so i ask please for those who has applied to MUN do they accept Nigerian 2.2 for an MSC programe?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ifegy: 9:44pm On Aug 26, 2014
brandymcmb:
Also I want to find out about concluding ONE
year masters program if one could really get to
process one's PR during the one year PGWP if
one doesn't want to proceed into PHD. Does
any one have information or experience of
people that has really got settled via this route?
Your responses will be appreciated
God bless us all

Please our oga's in the house we need more clarification on this issue...thnx

Re the PGWP question, check with your school or the CIC. Seems since June a one year Master's will get you up to a three year's PGWP, as happened for a kid who just finished their Master's in ON this year and applied for their PGWP in Alberta a few weeks ago.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pyzdan: 9:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
@Dfodio, i got admission with U of R and the school asked me to choose either their campus in City of Regina or city of Saskatoon.
I need ur advise since u are there especially on the socio-economic enviroment, ngofinereal@yahoo.com
Thanks
DFodio: you might not get Saskatoon straight from the European transit route. You might need to take a connecting flight to saskatoon from any of Toronto, Montreal, calgary or vancouver. Depending on your itinerary. Currently in Saskatoon. I came via Lufthansa. LAGOS TO FRANKFURT TO TORONTO TO SASKATOON.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ValerieXO: 9:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
Hi guys, hope the medicals and Trv's are still coming in smiley My excess luggage is giving me a serious headache here. any advice??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 26, 2014
Patty dearie will see u soon preparing tinz o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by skylar2020(f): 10:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
GboyegaD:

If you are booking one way, then I did suggest you do Turkish Air however, abeg, carry bogan and fried meat/fish/chicken put your hand luggage in case you no like wetin dem go serve you for inside plane however, if na return, I think those who have experienced the 3 can advise. My advice is based on the cost and the fact that all international airline satisfy the IATA requirement so you are sure the plane must be a good one at least.

lol. which one is bogan again?
is their food bad?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 10:37pm On Aug 26, 2014
ManTiger: i merged some docs together and having problem uploading... saying only pdf, doc etc can be uploaded, any way out?
thx

Convert d document to either PDF or doc format and then upload it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by agbaakin3: 10:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
Good Day Pple...Hp the Good news are still coming, we shall all get to our promise land.

I need help in the house pls my cousin with the sickle cell anemia(he is SC tho kinda diff from SS)has been called up for medicals.we are to go next week buh we are all scared so that he won't be rejected.
what do we do pls note he does visit the hospital because he rarely has crisis and he has never gone for surgery or transfusion.

We await your reply.Thank you

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by DFodio(m): 10:42pm On Aug 26, 2014
pyzdan: @Dfodio, i got admission with U of R and the school asked me to choose either their campus in City of Regina or city of Saskatoon.
I need ur advise since u are there.
i don't really know much about UofR but I will adviceyou send a mail to your school tto determine exactly where you will be taking your lectures. It should be in the city of Regina but I may be wrong. Send them a mail. You can't go wrong that way
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 10:42pm On Aug 26, 2014
skylar2020:

lol. which one is bogan again?
is their food bad?

No food is bad but sometimes, it isn't easy trying new food as such, you are on a safe side having some slices of bread in your hand luggage to eat should you not like what is been served.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by yomisley: 10:44pm On Aug 26, 2014
Gotcha bro thanks
bighead1:

CHECK YOUR MAIL SIR.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nabylet(f): 10:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
lovelydamsel:
Sorry 'm jumping into your post o but if you sent them your documents and they still demand for an ielt result that means you have to write the exam or you forget about the school and google other canadian schools."SOME" canadian schools do require it although its rare.so you have a choice smiley

u can jump into my post anytime, its allowed grin. il mail them, if they still insist, will leave them as it is not the only school i applied to. Thanks a lot grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nabylet(f): 10:57pm On Aug 26, 2014
codebreaker:

First off relax.
There is something called an english proficiency letter. It is usually given from a registry department of your previous institution in naija. Request for that letter to be sent to you via scan so you can email it to them.
The letter should state that you studied in english through out your 4 years in university and you are excellent in english. With this letter you are waivered english exams in most universities world wide. So ask them if an english proficiency letter from your undergrad uni registry would suffice.

Cheers

my uni and their wahala, i don't trust them, they can even write Igbo proficiency instead of English. will get in touch with my uni and ask them. Thanks a lot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nabylet(f): 10:59pm On Aug 26, 2014
Amefrica:

You should mail your school and let them know;

1. English is the official language of Nigeria.

2. You're being instructed over the past 15 years in English Language.

3. You've not used any other language before than English. (Lamba)..

All the best! smiley

drafting it now. Thanks a lot dearie, safe flight to canny grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 26, 2014
Patdeka:

Amefrica da prophet I no forget you ooo, u should be here by now, i dunno what you still waiting for lol.. am warming up for winter already..its getting cold

How Chris viral, any news?

Hehhehe! I am (was) just taking my time ...I'm set now tho, coming in 5 days time. Hope you've gotten dem winter jackets? cheesy

Chris viral dey Montreal Aba dey chop Akpu and and ogbono. grin I pray CIC do normal for am soon!

Help me keep something oo, I might come to say "Hi" for your place and pray for you. grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
Nabylet:

drafting it now. Thanks a lot dearie, safe flight to canny grin

Welcome sweet! wink Thanks.. cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by WESTERNCR: 11:23pm On Aug 26, 2014
Hello Good peeps in house. please does anyone have the idea how USASK sends their LOA? is it through email or post mail? I have applied for admission and my online status read ' Decision Made' but I havent receive any notice of admission from them since last Friday when my admission status read 'Decision Made'
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
ValerieXO: Hi guys, hope the medicals and Trv's are still coming in smiley My excess luggage is giving me a serious headache here. any advice??

Hi,
Aside from the 2 main luggages, you're entitled to 2 carry on (a backpack and a hand luggage). You might wanna split the stuffs in the excess one, and put in the hand luggages.

I've done this - it worked! Safe trip in adv. to you.. My luggages are balanced now.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by warrikid(m): 11:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
ValerieXO: Hi guys, hope the medicals and Trv's are still coming in smiley My excess luggage is giving me a serious headache here. any advice??
"Dem no dey carry Electronics go China o". (Read inbetween the lines).

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by warrikid(m): 11:33pm On Aug 26, 2014
agbaakin3: Good Day Pple...Hp the Good news are still coming, we shall all get to our promise land.

I need help in the house pls my cousin with the sickle cell anemia(he is SC tho kinda diff from SS)has been called up for medicals.we are to go next week buh we are all scared so that he won't be rejected.
what do we do pls note he does visit the hospital because he rarely has crisis and he has never gone for surgery or transfusion.

We await your reply.Thank you
I think he'll be good if he has his medical history straight to back it up. Might need a lil more on Health insurance though. He'll scale through by Gods Grace,Amen.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 26, 2014
ifegy:

Re the PGWP question, check with your school or the CIC. Seems since June a one year Master's will get you up to a three year's PGWP, as happened for a kid who just finished their Master's in ON this year and applied for their PGWP in Alberta a few weeks ago.
Ok..thnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bodmas3000(m): 11:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
degreat11:

Don't worry man
this week you shall itestify
Brother Na Paper Route oo , I will surely testify this week in Jesus Name amen

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 11:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
Holu26:

Convert d document to either PDF or doc format and then upload it
i converted it and cic online keep saying the format is not supported.
i don convert to doc but yet to upload
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ElCapt: 11:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
bodmas3000: Guys am still waiting for my medicals and TRV pls I really need prayers now my school is resuming 2 September 2014 I submitted on 11 July 2014 why is it taking a long time??

It's about time you received your med. call.

I hope you have sent mail to the embassy?

It's well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 11:52pm On Aug 26, 2014
ManTiger:
i converted it and cic online keep saying the format is not supported.
i don convert to doc but yet to upload

Most likely the conversion is not properly done and
If the size of the document is more than 4MB, u will need to compress/reduce it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kcluv2men(m): 11:57pm On Aug 26, 2014
Cufs: Hiiii everyone , please I'm gna resubmit my application any moment from now. I need to know if the following are enough proof of ties
1) company registration doc (registered April 2014, by my siblings and i) showing my name as a director of the company.
2) Landed property document ( I.e. deed of gift prepared by a lawyer which shows that my parent gave me the land as my birthday gift last year)
3) statement of account of about 1m. (Tho bulk of the money came in within 2 weeks, the ballance in the account is usually between 200-400k)
4) reference letter from my dads company where I currently work stating that I intend to come back and resume a higher position in the organisation upon completion of my studies.

Advice pleaseeeeeee, I dont want to be rejected again...

In my own opinion, I think you're good to go but don't make use of document that will complicate your status. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.