Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (826929 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 12:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
Lifzuz: hi house, I am applying for a course in collage of northern Atlantic and I don't know where to run those English test in Lagos... pls any with info....
And I don't know if 3million can run a year course thanks

If you want to sit for IELTS, british council(@ ikoyi) is in charge of the exam, about 35k for the exam and 4k for the manual. I did mine a month ago.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 12, 2014
sadAnyone gone through paper route, How many forms did you fill aside marriage and representative forms? Pls someone help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by charlesbussyyahoocom: 1:06pm On Aug 12, 2014
Thanks to you all for ur concern, just to say a little,we started the whole processing july 31 last year after which I filled skill immigrant form and working permit form i sent it to him the necessary documents he requested for,then he told me that is going to took him 3months and when it was 9th week he asked me to go for my vaccination test which I did,and when it 31/2 months he said my document was rejected due to the fact that I av inadequate working experienced,he gave me options then,weather he shld return my money or he should do it again,I asked him to do it again but this time he didn't requested for any money,and we have been on it since december,we do chat and call when the need be,he said that he want to make sure that everything is successful before he could say anything...now he said my document has been approved and dispatch to Nigeria now he said I should keep my eye on the address that I filled inside my forms,but then I didn't go for any medical test or biometric whatever cos he never ask me to do so, but now my question is are they going to take my document to house address or my P.O Box or they will call me ? Or I shouldn't expect anything @all with my explanation ? Pls people help my unbelieve. And more also I will like to know the medium of dispatching the document whenever is approved.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tokiniofficial(m): 1:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
Optimall: sadAnyone gone through paper route, How many forms did you fill aside marriage and representative forms? Pls someone help

Police character report
SOA
Letter of consent
Admission letter
Original birth cert..... these the docs I used during my application (paper route)

I am going for UG program though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
tokiniofficial:

Police character report
SOA
Letter of consent
Admission letter
Original birth cert..... these the docs I used during my application (paper route)

I am going for UG program though.
. Thanks am UG too. But mean the application forms at cic website that you filled,which and how many? Thanks again•
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akanni(m): 1:24pm On Aug 12, 2014
twoc:
hi pls I want to ask your opinion about paying tuition to school accounts from Nigeria. I went to my bank and was told I have to pay like 5 different fees and fill 'form A 'before they can send my fees. pls any other cheaper means. I was told the western union transfer don't work in Nigeria. pls I need to confirm cos its sure cheaper. what other means do u suggest.
the cheapest and only option for you will be form A cos you get the funds at official rate.The 5 different fees is a strange one, i will advise you meet the head of operations of your bank and clarify. you should be charged 1% of the naira equivalent depending on the banks anyway.if you have the dollars, you can also initiate a foreign transfer to the school if you have the school details.Hope this helps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akanni(m): 1:29pm On Aug 12, 2014
charlesbussyyahoocom: Thanks to you all for ur concern, just to say a little,we started the whole processing july 31 last year after which I filled skill immigrant form and working permit form i sent it to him the necessary documents he requested for,then he told me that is going to took him 3months and when it was 9th week he asked me to go for my vaccination test which I did,and when it 31/2 months he said my document was rejected due to the fact that I av inadequate working experienced,he gave me options then,weather he shld return my money or he should do it again,I asked him to do it again but this time he didn't requested for any money,and we have been on it since december,we do chat and call when the need be,he said that he want to make sure that everything is successful before he could say anything...now he said my document has been approved and dispatch to Nigeria now he said I should keep my eye on the address that I filled inside my forms,but then I didn't go for any medical test or biometric whatever cos he never ask me to do so, but now my question is are they going to take my document to house address or my P.O Box or they will call me ? Or I shouldn't expect anything @all with my explanation ? Pls people help my unbelieve. And more also I will like to know the medium of dispatching the document whenever is approved.
Pally, in my opinion, this is a scam, especially without biometrics or medicals done.Well, my learned colleagues who are more experienced in things like this will give you a more robust response.Cheers

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tokiniofficial(m): 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
Optimall: . Thanks am UG too. But mean the application forms at cic website that you filled,which and how many? Thanks again•

Use this link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chiahmakar: 1:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
Optimall: Pls your assistant is needed. If you are submitting app by paper route how many applications do you fill and. Which ones?
study questioner, study visa application form and family form.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 2:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
charlesbussyyahoocom: Thanks to you all for ur concern, just to say a little,we started the whole processing july 31 last year after which I filled skill immigrant form and working permit form i sent it to him the necessary documents he requested for,then he told me that is going to took him 3months and when it was 9th week he asked me to go for my vaccination test which I did,and when it 31/2 months he said my document was rejected due to the fact that I av inadequate working experienced,he gave me options then,weather he shld return my money or he should do it again,I asked him to do it again but this time he didn't requested for any money,and we have been on it since december,we do chat and call when the need be,he said that he want to make sure that everything is successful before he could say anything...now he said my document has been approved and dispatch to Nigeria now he said I should keep my eye on the address that I filled inside my forms,but then I didn't go for any medical test or biometric whatever cos he never ask me to do so, but now my question is are they going to take my document to house address or my P.O Box or they will call me ? Or I shouldn't expect anything @all with my explanation ? Pls people help my unbelieve. And more also I will like to know the medium of dispatching the document whenever is approved.
...check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp and http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/54_1.aspx?lang=eng ...after going through the links....ask yourself if the package you're waiting for is a scam or not...I no go use my mouth talk am grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 2:18pm On Aug 12, 2014
Optimall: . Thanks am UG too. But mean the application forms at cic website that you filled,which and how many? Thanks again•

Thank Goodness I'm not the only one going for UG. Is it ur 1st or 2nd degree tho?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by zeongeon: 2:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
Lifzuz: hi house, I am applying for a course in collage of northern Atlantic and I don't know where to run those English test in Lagos... pls any with info....
And I don't know if 3million can run a year course thanks
I applied to the college of North Atlantic too..you will have to run your english test with the british council you can either pay online or go to the british council at ikoyi and pay.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nabylet(f): 3:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
Cufs:

Thank Goodness I'm not the only one going for UG. Is it ur 1st or 2nd degree tho?

Going for UG, 2nd degree... how did u go abt ur secondary school transcript?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by yomisley: 4:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
am happy to join part 6. let me see my own.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
twoc:
hi pls I want to ask your opinion about paying tuition to school accounts from Nigeria. I went to my bank and was told I have to pay like 5 different fees and fill 'form A 'before they can send my fees. pls any other cheaper means. I was told the western union transfer don't work in Nigeria. pls I need to confirm cos its sure cheaper. what other means do u suggest.

It's called International Western/Money transfer.. You can pay with your MasterCard too, check with your school.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 4:26pm On Aug 12, 2014
Nabylet:

Going for UG, 2nd degree... how did u go abt ur secondary school transcript?

I doubt if the transcript is compulsry for visa app. I'll just provide my original WAEC and NECO certificates
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by abisolmi(f): 4:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
Choi! Canny applicants dey parra o. When I last logged in, part 5 never reach 500. Now, not only has thread 5 been closed, 6 already reached 9. Any how sha, testimonies go follow.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 12, 2014
abisolmi: Choi! Canny applicants dey parra o. When I last logged in, part 5 never reach 500. Now, not only has thread 5 been closed, 6 already reached 9. Any how sha, testimonies go follow.

Hi! How you doing??cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kanny1(m): 6:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
#Team MUN----Halle, Rawlizo, Sleem-b, Parisbluefox, Dr Pak, Chatters etc. What's happening out dia? You have been silent hia.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by twoc: 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
akanni:
the cheapest and only option for you will be form A cos you get the funds at official rate.The 5 different fees is a strange one, i will advise you meet the head of operations of your bank and clarify. you should be charged 1% of the naira equivalent depending on the banks anyway.if you have the dollars, you can also initiate a foreign transfer to the school if you have the school details.Hope this helps.
thank you, I was told to pay N5000 for tales, 5% vat, $25 for off shore charges, 0.5 for commission. pls which bank did you use.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kennycanny: 7:16pm On Aug 12, 2014
Are they on strike at the CDHC? no good news yet this week.
Tomorrow is another day!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by twoc: 7:25pm On Aug 12, 2014
@Galaaxy;' I submitted my passport in person at VFS and it was ready for collection after 4days of submission. I didn't use the Courier means but since you used the Courier service, your passport will be delivered earliest when the visa has been issued. You need not worry about the passport been delayed cos it will definitely get to you ASAP. U can still go ahead to track the progess of thins. Lest I forget, your passport has been processed and ready for dispatch if you receive an email from CIC few days after submission that your application status has been updated''

hi, pls I need to confirm, I have not received a mail in my CIC to update my status but got an email saying my passport has been dispatched to me. what can this mean? I went to checked my CIC account when I saw this mail and saw that it has been closed and this application approved.no email was sent to me to that effect.
I haven't gotten my passport cause it was posted today. tried tracking but it was collected from their office today
pls did anyone experience this and what does it imply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kcluv2men(m): 7:25pm On Aug 12, 2014

Hi, what's school are you applying to?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
twoc:

hi, pls I need to confirm, I have not received a mail in my CIC to update my status but got an email saying my passport has been dispatched to me. what can this mean? I went to checked my CIC account when I saw this mail and saw that it has been closed and this application approved.no email was sent to me to that effect.
I haven't gotten my passport cause it was posted today. tried tracking but it was collected from their office today

Go VFS tomorrow - with your biometrics slip!

Congrats!!

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Chatters(f): 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2014
kanny1: #Team MUN----Halle, Rawlizo, Sleem-b, Parisbluefox, Dr Pak, Chatters etc. What's happening out dia? You have been silent hia.
Don't blame us jareh. Most MUN peeps are really busy with preparations. How far?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by abisolmi(f): 7:57pm On Aug 12, 2014
Amefrica:

Hi! How you doing??cheesy

My person, I hail o. Hearty congrats to you. Like I said it, denial was wiped off and you were given a chance to go back in time. You should be a motivational speaker on top visa applications. So when are you coming over?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by iluminati: 8:18pm On Aug 12, 2014

YOU have just been duped twice. You cannot get Canada visa without doing medicals and biometric/finger print.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kanny1(m): 8:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
Chatters:
Don't blame us jareh. Most MUN peeps are really busy with preparations. How far?
I'm kul. Still in naija?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Chatters(f): 8:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
kanny1: I'm kul. Still in naija?

Yes. I'm still here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Lifzuz: 9:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
zeongeon: I applied to the college of North Atlantic too..you will have to run your english test with the british council you can either pay online or go to the british council at ikoyi and pay.

@zeongeon pls can u send me the link to pay online
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Galaxxy(m): 10:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
twoc: @Galaaxy;' I submitted my passport in person at VFS and it was ready for collection after 4days of submission. I didn't use the Courier means but since you used the Courier service, your passport will be delivered earliest when the visa has been issued. You need not worry about the passport been delayed cos it will definitely get to you ASAP. U can still go ahead to track the progess of thins. Lest I forget, your passport has been processed and ready for dispatch if you receive an email from CIC few days after submission that your application status has been updated''

Your processed passport is ready for collection, I surmise! But since You used the Courier service, the passport should have been collected on ur behalf and ready for dispatch anytime soon. U sud get it latest by tomorrow or beta still call the courier agent in charge of the postage. Congrats dude!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.