Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,696 members, 7,823,957 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

.... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / .... (2715 Views)

Dear Family, Your Advice Is Urgently Needed / I Need Your Advice As Regards My Family Issue. / Your Advice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

.... by bruf: 8:14pm On Aug 10, 2014

2 Likes

Re: .... by Youngsage: 8:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
k. :-/
Re: .... by hushmail: 8:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
bruf: Hello Family,
Sincerely I see a bright future for us

You see a bright future, then why the double mind?

although, it will be rough, but u have to persevere, nothing good comes easy

1 Like

Re: .... by dytbabe: 8:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
Take it slow
Like really slow
I mean really slow, money is as important as love in a marriage.
And yes keep praying for it shall be well

7 Likes

Re: .... by Gboliwe: 8:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
Its been a great pleasure been on the section,I've learnt so much from here,and I know I can get helpful and reasonable advices here.
Straight to the point. I'm from a family of four,viz my mom,my elder bro' , my younger bro' and myself,our dad is late. We're just an average family. My elder bro' got married last year n now has has a child. He's still sort of dependent on our mom. I'm currently seeing a young man,whom from all indications loves me deeply,I love him too as well. He's told me he wants us to get married and to be frank with you,I'll be the most blessed lady to get married to such a promising young man,'cause he's a good man;but i'm really so scared of what holds for our future if we end up getting married,this is because he's currently earning very little(25k) and I'm a recent graduate who is even yet to serve,though I got a casual job to keep myself busy for the time being. Sincerely I see a bright future for us

The bible says "one shall chase a thousand and two, ten thousand." If the marriage is for good, you both will rise above the poverty level real fast because "he who finds a good wife....and obtains favor from the Lord. "

5 Likes

Re: .... by mployer(m): 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
It depends on your reason for getting married. If you are looking for a ticket out of poverty, then he is probably not the right choice.
If you want peace, companionship and compatibility without minding some inconveniences, then you stay with him

I will advice you stay with him. There is a reason he looked 'promising' to you. You may not be able to explain it but just believe it.

7 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 10, 2014
mployer: It depends on your reason for getting married. If you are looking for a ticket out of poverty, then he is probably not the right choice.
If you want peace, companionship and compatibility without minding some inconveniences, then you stay with him

I will advice you stay with him. There is a reason he looked 'promising' to you. You may not be able to explain it but just believe it.
Nice one.. This s all u need op
Re: .... by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 10, 2014
mployer: It depends on your reason for getting married. If you are looking for a ticket out of poverty, then he is probably not the right choice.

Nice one.. This s all u need gal
Re: .... by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
How I wish I can av me a gal like u...
Re: .... by delishpot: 8:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
Hmn, if you guys marry and decide to put off having kids till you are financially stable then go ahead but if you desire to have kids asap biko just wait o. Hang in there and try to find better jobs and improve on finances before the big leap.
my dear. Money is important in any union. I am not saying he should have millions o. But at least have enough to avoid begging people for money to buy cow and gate or diapers. Or to look for rent cos you spent last month salary treating malaria.
To be frank, 25k is small to plan to start a family on.

11 Likes

Re: .... by sexylogan(m): 8:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
Its been a great pleasure been on the section,I've learnt so much from here,and I know I can get helpful and reasonable advices here.
Straight to the point. I'm from a family of four,viz my mom,my elder bro' , my younger bro' and myself,our dad is late. We're just an average family. My elder bro' got married last year n now has has a child. He's still sort of dependent on our mom. I'm currently seeing a young man,whom from all indications loves me deeply,I love him too as well. He's told me he wants us to get married and to be frank with you,I'll be the most blessed lady to get married to such a promising young man,'cause he's a good man;but i'm really so scared of what holds for our future if we end up getting married,this is because he's currently earning very little(25k) and I'm a recent graduate who is even yet to serve,though I got a casual job to keep myself busy for the time being. Sincerely I see a bright future for us

Pray.
Re: .... by eyenCalabar(m): 9:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
It depends largely on what the young man is doing today for tomorrow. Is he a graduate or a businessman? What are his skills? What are his investments so far? What are his ambitions? And you, what are you doing now while waiting for service? What are your skills too? Or are you just going to depend on your degree? What are your plans and where do you hope to see yourself few years from now? What are you doing now? Making a relationship work is a collective responsibility. You guys should plan together on where to be few years from now and work towards it. Put away the idea of marriage for now and invest on yourselves. And lastly, 'close' your legs. If you no fit hold body, use condom. This is time to work for the future. Wish you guys goodluck.
Re: .... by bruf: 9:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
Thanks all, the post has been modified/completed,I mistakenly clicked on 'submit' while I was still writing. Thanks y'all for your advices.
Re: .... by bruf: 9:36pm On Aug 10, 2014
eyenCalabar: It depends largely on what the young man is doing today for tomorrow. Is he a graduate or a businessman? What are his skills? What are his investments so far? What are his ambitions? And you, what are you doing now while waiting for service? What are your skills too? Or are you just going to depend on your degree? What are your plans and where do you hope to see yourself few years from now? What are you doing now? Making a relationship work is a collective responsibility. You guys should plan together on where to be few years from now and work towards it. Put away the idea of marriage for now and invest on yourselves. And lastly, 'close' your legs. If you no fit hold body, use condom. This is time to work for the future. Wish you guys goodluck.
Thanks so much. He made a 2.1,I'm currently working too,buh I'm thinking deep on a handwork to do.
Re: .... by bruf: 9:40pm On Aug 10, 2014

Thanks so much.
Re: .... by bruf: 9:41pm On Aug 10, 2014
dytbabe: Take it slow
Like really slow
I mean really slow, money is as important as love in a marriage.
And yes keep praying for it shall be well
Amen,thanks.
Re: .... by Kanwulia: 9:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
Nne!
I have a cousin in your shoes right now.
She married the man of her youth. . . .
3 children later, she is still crying because nothing has changed o.
She is still bread-winner and the man is yet to get the 'real job'!

It is rough! The man is now sooooo depressed with a sense of failure he does not even get out of bed anymore(BUT IS STILL PHOCKING WELL WELL AND HAVING CHILDREN O) cheesy

The woman don taya!!!! She has to do EVERYTHING!!!!
You might be favored to have a man that can PULL HIS WEIGHT no matter what.
No one knows what the future holds.

There are chances we must take in life.
You know the possibilities. . . .
No one can make the choice for you.
It is your life! kiss

11 Likes

Re: .... by RoyalRoy(m): 10:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
enoquin :

Options available:
1. Leave the struggling guy; marry a rich or a well to do man.
You may or may not end up happy and he might decide not to help your family, his money...his rules.

2. Stay with struggling guy; he might not be in that state forever or he might not go much higher than this present state or progress may not be so great.
You may or may not end up happy especially if you begin to resent him for not being able to meet all your needs.

Why do we choose life partners?

1. To make our parents happy and proud?
2. To make ourselves happy and proud?
3. To make our friends happy and proud?

I am an advocate of parent(s) reaping the fruits of their labour but at what cost? Has your mum ever hinted at you marrying a rich man?

You haven't gone for service yet, why not wait till after service before getting married? A good job might have been gotten by your partner then and if not, you both can look at ways that extra income can be made. Is your partner a graduate?

Suitors will always come, the key thing is contentment with what you own and with whom you are and you won't even see the suitors as rich or not but as men with faults and imperfections.

My advice? Don't worry overmuch over such things as these. You both don't have to depend on your mother if you eventually marry and things haven't progressed much, just live within your means...

I wish you both the best.

1 Like

Re: .... by Tvegas(m): 10:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
@Poster....I admire your honesty because you didnt pretend that you aren't tempted by the well loaded suitors. If your instincts tells you this man will come good then i advise you to prayerfully wait for him to get a good Job.

2 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 11, 2014

Hear hear hear
Re: .... by Nobody: 1:09am On Aug 11, 2014
Kanwulia: Nne!
I have a cousin in your shoes right now.
She married the man of her youth. . . .
3 children later, she is still crying because nothing has changed o.
She is still bread-winner and the man is yet to get the 'real job'!

It is rough! The man is now sooooo depressed with a sense of failure he does not even get out of bed anymore(BUT IS STILL PHOCKING WELL WELL AND HAVING CHILDREN O) cheesy

The woman don taya!!!! She has to do EVERYTHING!!!!
You might be favored to have a man that can PULL HIS WEIGHT no matter what.
No one knows what the future holds.

There are chances we must take in life.
You know the possibilities. . . .
No one can make the choice for you.
It is your life! kiss

grin grin grin
Re: .... by shizzle11(m): 6:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
delishpot: Hmn, if you guys marry and decide to put off having kids till you are financially stable then go ahead but if you desire to have kids asap biko just wait o. Hang in there and try to find better jobs and improve on finances before the big leap.
my dear. Money is important in any union. I am not saying he should have millions o. But at least have enough to avoid begging people for money to buy cow and gate or diapers. Or to look for rent cos you spent last month salary treating malaria.
To be frank, 25k is small to plan to start a family on.
One of the joys and blessing of marriage is fruit of the womb (child/ren). My point: let them have one child first and then like you noted, more can come when they have an improved income, who knows? that child could even bring them unimaginable favours, you never can tell, you need to look at the positives too.
Re: .... by shizzle11(m): 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2014

ENDORSED!!!
Re: .... by bennyrazz: 6:24pm On Aug 11, 2014
Gboliwe:

The bible says one shall chase a thousand and two, ten thousand If the marriage is for good, you both will rise above the poverty level real fast because "he who finds a good wife....and obtains favor from the Lord. "
How could one chase a thousand and two put ten thousands to flight if their strong One had not sold them, and the LORD had not delivered them up? madam gboliwe grin grin grin
Re: .... by Gboliwe: 6:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
bennyrazz: How could one chase a thousand and two put ten thousands to flight if their strong One had not sold them, and the LORD had not delivered them up? madam gboliwe grin grin grin

grin grin

1 Like

Re: .... by EfemenaXY: 6:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
Its been a great pleasure been on this section,I've learnt so much from here,and I know I can get helpful and reasonable advices here.
Straight to the point. I'm from a family of four,viz my mom,my elder bro' , my younger bro' and myself,our dad is late. We're just an average family. My elder bro' got married last year n now has a child. He's still sort of dependent on our mom. I'm currently seeing a young man,whom from all indications loves me deeply,I love him too as well,we've been dating for over a year now. He's told me he wants us to get married and to be frank with you,I'll be the most blessed lady to get married to such a promising young man,'cause he's a good man;but i'm really so scared of what the future holds for us if we end up getting married,this is because even though I'm from an average family,all my needs has always been carted for and I wouldn't know what starting my family with little will look like,'cause my fiance is currently earning very little(25k) and I'm a recent graduate who is even yet to serve,though I got a casual job to keep myself busy for the time being. Sincerely I envision a bright future for us.
I'm of the school of thought that believes that children would grow up to take care of their parents n not the other way round. Growing up,I've always dreamt of taking good care of my mom and my younger bro. I'm scared of ending up like my elder bro' who's still sort of dependent on my mom,Its my desire for my husband n I to take care of my mom as well as his parents.I love my fiance so much to leave him because of low finances,he's still doing his best to get a better job and I'm really encouraging him alongside with prayers. I'm not the type that will stay at home idle when we get married,I'm willing to support him.
Now my big is fear is, well to do suitors are coming(I'm in my twenties)but I feel it will be cheapening to leave my man for some other coz of money,I know money is vital in making a marriage work;but I feel its still not enough to break up something that seems genuine,he meets most of my requirements of an ideal man just that currently he's yet to get a better job... Dunno if I'm making any sense.
Please advice me,I'm really confused...

With regards to this your tale, you have no control over what becomes of you both if you do decide to tie the knot.

He might sit up and make something tangible of his / your lives, he might not, depending on his outlook, circumstances, and luck. You and only you can decide if it's a "risk" you want to take and work hard + hope for the best.

What you can control however is to prevent both your lives getting any more difficult. Marriage is not about how soon (re: commenting that you're in your twenties), but rather, it's about how well (i.e: remaining happily married, irrespective of your circumstances).

Babies are expensive. Naija is a tough, unforgiving place. My advice to you is to hold off getting married till you're both financially stable. You can already see for yourself, based on your older brother's current experiences how hard life can get. If you feel you can't wait and you really must get married, then hold off having kids.

See, it's easy to say don't have kids but I'd like you both to really understand how expensive having babies can be, so I'll be giving you some maths homework:

~ Go to your nearest supermarket and find out how much a 900g tin of powdered SMA costs. Let's assume your baby uses 3 tins a month. Now multiply that number by 12 to get the total cost of how much feeding your baby with an average of 36 tins of SMA will cost.

~ Find out how much a box of nappies cost. Not sure of the local brands back home but you could try out a pack of 54 Huggies / Pampers nappies. Newborns use an average of six a day. So you'll need about 180 in a month - so that's at least 3 packets of x54 nappies. Multiply that number by 12 again.

~ Baby clothes, cosmetics (baby oil, shampoo, bath liquid, etc...) find out those too. Mind you, babies quickly outgrow their clothes. Calculate how much those will cost.

~ Now will you both be living with your mum / his family? If not, find out how much it'll cost to rent a one room flat and the utility bills that come along with it (e.g light, water, gas, etc) and multiply those by 12.

Mind you, these are just the basics. Bare minimum. There aren't any luxuries here. If you feel you both you can cope with this, then okay. Somehow I doubt it if his 25K salary can stretch that far. How much do you earn (assuming you work)? Do you think your combined earnings would be enough to keep your heads above water?

If not, then it's best you wait. Especially with having babies. No child deserves to be brought into a world of acute poverty where the parents barely eck a living.

Be wise.

9 Likes

Re: .... by beeevan: 7:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
Just be sure his love is real and not poverty induced because broke niggers sabi love. Give a man money and watch the real him unravel, its easy to discern how true the love of a financially comfortable guy is than that of a broke dude. . Please hold off on marriage for now and improve your means of lively hood.

6 Likes

Re: .... by EfemenaXY: 7:32pm On Aug 11, 2014
beeevan: Just be sure his love is real and not poverty induced because broke niggers sabi love. Give a man money and watch the real him unravel, its easy to discern how true the love of a financially comfortable guy is than that of a broke dude. . Please hold off on marriage for now and improve your means of lively hood.

The cynic in me finds it hard to believe that broke Naija dudes sabi love.
Re: .... by beeevan: 7:46pm On Aug 11, 2014
EfemenaXY:

The cynic in me finds it hard to believe that broke Naija dudes sabi love.

Some broke ones pretend head over heels in love to have a sincere companion that really cares about their broke as s.once the sun shines on them, they realize that she doesn't speak with respect and doesn't possess Kim K's Junk.

6 Likes

Re: .... by EfemenaXY: 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2014
beeevan:

Some broke ones pretend head over heels in love to have a sincere companion that really cares about their broke as s.once the sun shines on them, they realize that she doesn't speak with respect and doesn't possess Kim K's Junk.

Haha! grin grin

1 Like

Re: .... by ogawisdom(m): 9:06pm On Aug 11, 2014
He is not financially ready for marriage so dnt marry him until u get a good job or his finances improves whichever comes first. Love no dey pay rent, hospital bills, children sch fees, food, transport fare etc
25k can't take care of a single guy nt to talk abt family, its ur choice anyway ppl still live under d bridge n in uncompleted buildin

5 Likes

Re: .... by KanwuliaJara: 9:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
Rich man o. . .poor man o. . . NAIJA man cannot love. kiss
Na CURSE O! grin
NAIJA woman nko? shocked
ALOKO POVERTY! grin

Gaga!!!!!

Ask Chidi Mokeme, Dumebi Kachukwu, Jaleelee Disu, Emeka NzerIBERIBE. . . .and the likes!

AWON GIGOLO DE AFRIQUE!!!!

If you want love . . . . MARRY A NORTHERNER! At least, you always know where you sit or stand!!!! No faking!

Ndi AGBEROS of SOUTHERN NIGERIA?

Fiaaaaaaaakwa!!!!! cry

Middle Belt is the next best thing if you can stomach their "love shiaaaaarrrring" without shiaaaaaarrrring BLOODZZZZ!!!! cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

‘no! Don’t Touch Me There’ / Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? / Justice For Shawn (killed By a Doctor's Carelessness)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.