Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

I Need A New Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need A New Car (4895 Views)

Am I Spending Too Much On My New Car? / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Buy Used Car Rather Than Buying A New Car? / Samuel Eto'o Shows Off His New Car Worth Millions Of Dollars - Bugatti Veyron (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need A New Car by nurey(m): 11:19am On Aug 12, 2014
First of all I was referring to my self because of what I notice between japs and german rides.

Second, I was talking about not exceeding more than 120km/h in jap SUV not saloon cars.

Thirdly I was talking about city driving. Like third mainland bridge. The reason is that on 3rdMB you have to contend with potholes, crazy drivers and switching of lanes. At high speeds maneuvering ability of those jap SUVs tends to be reduced, the higher their speed, the less stable they become.
Re: I Need A New Car by bravolad(m): 11:20am On Aug 12, 2014
JewelStone: Hi guys. I'm a young lady, currently driving my first car, a Toyota product. My car is sound and all, no issues whatsoever, but I'm incredibly bored with it. I want to change it ASAP.
I've always loved Mercedes Benz, but I'm concerned about the cost of maintenance, and fuel consumption.
I don't do much driving. And I don't mind going for it, if I can get a sound one, cos MB gives me joy cool.
My question is, is it advisable for a 26 yrs old single girl to go for an MB product? I'm interested in ML 350 2007-2010, like how much should I budget for it? Are there any issues associated with these models? Or would you recommend another model?
Please help a sister out. God bless

One of my major concerns about nairaland is the fact that peoples' advise are primarily focused on their preferences, choices and inclinations not according to what you desire. Often, people bring their personal bias about a particular brand. I think it's a Nigerian way of thinking. Unlike other automobile fora, people share real time experiences in terms of pros and cons of their brands.

I have a neighbor who's been using his ML for more than four years. I can't recall him towing his SUV or leaving it behind in the morning. Key to any vehicle is proper maintenance; following manufacturer's specified interval of OCI and parts replacement including driving belt/chain, water pump etc. if you strictly adhere to the guide as specified in the vehicle manual, you will enjoy a smooth and healthy drive all the way. Fuel consumption is also good. The average mpg for 2007 - 2010 is 19.1 not bad at all. Comparatively, spare parts are pricey, but if you ve got the money to keep an ML350, there's no holding back. The truth is that your vehicle is as good as you keep it. For my 8 - 9 years of car ownership, my car has only stopped once at Okpella due to water pump failure but I must admit that it was my fault because I ought have replaced it before that journey.

Enjoy your life while you can. Do you labour to just keep your money in the bank? My dear, the choice is yours.

nurey: Please Op if you about performance in all ramfication of its definition, don't even look at those jap mobiles even though they are efficient they lack power.
I can't do more than 120km/h with any jap suv they tend to become very light and unstable at high speeds.

This is misinformation. Don't easily jump into conclusion over what you know nothing about. My first car was a Honda Accord. I had constantly done 170km/h. While using my Camry, on occasions when I travel, I push the button up to 180km/h. At this speed, they were comfortable, stable and fun. I currently use a 2004 Toyota Sienna 3.3l engine, sometimes, when I am in the mood, I hit up to 170km/h. Stability is understatement but because of the height of the vehicle I try not to exceed that. Sure, these cars are maintained by me so I can cautiously pump up my speed.
Re: I Need A New Car by nurey(m): 12:35pm On Aug 12, 2014
It seems some of you don't read post before responding I have in no way debunk jap mobiles or german cars I have only said what I observed in my daily driving.
As I said I was referring to japanese SUVs I hope you know what SUV mean and saloon cars mean google is your friend.

Now driving those jap suvs (toyota sienna, nissan xterra, mitsubishi pajero) which have been tested becomes wobbly at speeds of 120km/h I tend to notice this compared to first generation MB ML320 which I also tested.

I am not talking without experience and I did not say all Nigerians I said what I feel about the jap SUVs. The only jap car I have driven is the accord DC series and it is ok at 120 but exceeding that I get scared

Drive on 3rd MB heading to the island in a jap SUV doing 120km/h or more. And tell me what those dividers do to your car balance, an idiot in a nissan pathfinder 2004 model tried it at that rediculous speed and nearly lost control.
Re: I Need A New Car by sultaan(m): 3:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
For all those trying to commit suicide going over 110kmph on public roads please be mindful that you might take unwilling souls with you.

Go find a track and push the limit if you want, but remember those who love you will not approve.

@ OP

Next time you want to buy a car look at the type you want and its competitors then take a test drive in all of them to compare the feel.
Re: I Need A New Car by emmaak2(m): 10:05am On Aug 01, 2018
sultaan:
For all those trying to commit suicide going over 110kmph on public roads please be mindful that you might take unwilling souls with you.

Go find a track and push the limit if you want, but remember those who love you will not approve.

@ OP

Next time you want to buy a car look at the type you want and its competitors then take a test drive in all of them to compare the feel.

DID SHE FINALLY BUY THE CAR

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures / Hissing Sound Wen Steering My Car; What's Wrong / Have You Changed Your Gearbox Before? Please Tell Me Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.