Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? (5305 Views)

What are the Rewards For Muslim Women In Paradise? / Fashion Thread For Muslim Women / China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by plusQueen: 4:32pm On Oct 21, 2008
samba123:

Don’t just see in one side of that incident!!! Do you think you have a zero intolerant in Christendom? Even you have that in your mind, the suffering of the Iraqi people and in Afghanistan are just one of the results that your fellows are more nasty in the eyes of the Muslims world. You can’t see the hidden atrocity of the American soldier when they conducted they operation thunder storm. How many people are affected in that war alone? Do you think they just accepted all those things are happening? Their silent are a misery in their faces without any reason to talk/show in the public. Biases are always praying around like you!!!

This topic again,for the umpteenth time is not about tolerance.
not about the Iraqi war
not about darfur
not about the slaughter of sunnis by shias
not about American and British soldiers in Afghanistan
It's about nothing but [b]the killing of people who choose to leave Islam as entrenched in the hadiths and exemplified by Mohammmed your prophet.[/b]It's about  the killing of apostates as done today in Afghanistan,Nigeria,London,Canada,Sudan,Austaralia,Netherlands by adherents who choose to live exactly like that prophet
It's about that killing being in the penal codes of countries where Islam  and the Koran rule supreme.
That is the topic.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by doyin13(m): 4:38pm On Oct 21, 2008
But this is where I have difficulties accommodating religious folks

The idea of religion and a supernatural being I thought implied
standing above the fray, the mundane and the profane of 'worldly life'.

But where justifications are sought from the American legal system to defend
the dictats of this Supernatural beings, I begin to wonder which is more superior,
the legal systems of these mere mortals or the supernatural pronouncements of
the sacred.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by plusQueen: 4:41pm On Oct 21, 2008
and Christians and atheists probably passed the streets in London where they saw this.
A suicide bomber trained in the heart of London.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1509664/Muslim-protests-are-incitement-to-murder%2C-say-Tories.html

Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by plusQueen: 4:46pm On Oct 21, 2008
Leaving Islam is like an insult to Islam.
In a recent protests,this was what the placards read.Among the disheartening images I saw, the unforgettable words on the signs read:

"Europe you will pay. Demolition is on its way."

"Europe you will pay. Your extermination is on its way."

"Butch those who mock Islam."

"Europe is the cancer. Islam is the answer."

"Islam will dominate the world."

"Europe take some lessons from 9/11."

"Europe you will pay. Your 9/11 is on its way."

"Be prepared for the real holocaust."

"Massacre those who insult Islam."

"Exterminate those who insult Islam."

"Behead those who insult Islam."

"Slay those who insult Islam."

and that is the religion of peace.

1 Like

Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by JJYOU: 4:52pm On Oct 21, 2008
nuisance that is what i call any adult that gives a child such poster to carry. well they will say it is better than strapping some bombs on him wont they? hope all is well in the home front. the Lord is your shield
plus_Queen:

and Christians and atheists probably passed the streets in London where they saw this.
A suicide bomber trained in the heart of London.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1509664/Muslim-protests-are-incitement-to-murder%2C-say-Tories.html

Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by plusQueen: 5:40pm On Oct 21, 2008
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by samba123(m): 7:52pm On Oct 21, 2008
@DavidDylan
probably not but any christian who kills an "apostate" will find himself behind bars or facing the hangman's noose in decent countries not being hailed as a "hero".

That what I like to heard from you people not just one sided.

Remove the wool over ur eyes please. We've had enough of hypocrites telling us about the "suffering" some people choose to bring over themselves. Is it the US planting IEDs, suicide bombers, truck bombs and militias? Muslims are killing themselves . . . stop blaming their "suffering" on others please.

like you are always denying!!! It is not enough of what have you been seen in the Media/TV/newspaper a lots more are being hidden. Even thought those atrocities done by those Iraqi people are still not sufficient to judge their suffering. They are being outnumbers in terms of losses in their lives because of those war done by the US. And tell me who will pay the damages destruction on those war alone in Afganistan and Iraq?. Don’t tell me you just disregard / close you eyes about that.

Its operation desert storm. You're just a hypocrite, where you complaining when Iraqis (fellow muslims) invaded Kuwait (fellow muslims)? Were you worried about the "many people affected in that war alone"? Did you realise operation desert storm was to force Iraq out of Kuwait and was not a war against Iraq itself?

Lol those people have been affected/loss on that war has been pay by the Iraqi government because of their aggressiveness on their part.

If they stopped building IEDs, stopped training suicide bombers and chose to spend their time and effort on rebuilding their countries instead of planning days of rage and fatwas . . . there wont be "silent misery" in their faces. Its funny that these same muslims with "silent misery" on their faces are emigrating in huge numbers to the very countries you blame as the source of their "misery".

How could you rebuild when you’re dictated torture harass in your private place without justice. Is their any compensation all the damages done by the US to start rebuilding again and start a new life?

Tell me why Iraqis would rather fly to New York than live in Basra?

I thought there is a restraining order in immigration, how come Iraqis are being allowed to live in NY? Few are lucky or just a fraud.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by DavidDylan(m): 8:01pm On Oct 21, 2008
samba stop being a liar. Much of the "suffering" in Afghanistan is thanks to the Taliban and Alqaeda . . . who are not Americans.
In Iraq, but for alqaeda and ur hopeless militias who are now driving out christians . . . the US would long have left since 2003.

Now go read some real news and stop peddling the falsehood your imam sells you every friday
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by samba123(m): 8:03pm On Oct 21, 2008
plus_Queen:

This topic again,for the umpteenth time is not about tolerance.
not about the Iraqi war
not about darfur
not about the slaughter of sunnis by shias
not about American and British soldiers in Afghanistan
It's about nothing but [b]the killing of people who choose to leave Islam as entrenched in the hadiths and exemplified by Mohammmed your prophet.[/b]It's about  the killing of apostates as done today in Afghanistan,Nigeria,London,Canada,Sudan,Austaralia,Netherlands by adherents who choose to live exactly like that prophet
It's about that killing being in the penal codes of countries where Islam  and the Koran rule supreme.
That is the topic.

If they deserve the punishment why not we see not only on the part of the Muslims but also on your side.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by plusQueen: 8:06pm On Oct 21, 2008
samba123:

If they deserve the punishment why not we see not only on the part of the Muslims but also on your side.

can someone interprete this jargon grin
are you saying someone who leaves Islam deserves death?
speak in plain language sir
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by samba123(m): 8:11pm On Oct 21, 2008
DavidDylan:

samba stop being a liar. Much of the "suffering" in Afghanistan is thanks to the Taliban and Alqaeda . . . who are not Americans.
In Iraq, but for alqaeda and ur hopeless militias who are now driving out christians . . . the US would long have left since 2003.

Now go read some real news and stop peddling the falsehood your imam sells you every friday

stop on one sided the issued will not solve the problem if you're always judge like that. will you pay the damages done by your fellow citizen christedom to those suffering people.?
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by plusQueen: 8:27pm On Oct 21, 2008
'The Iranian Parliament has given provisional approval, by a majority of 196 to seven, to a bill that mandates the death penalty for apostasy from Islam. Until now Iranian judges could impose the death penalty in such cases only on the basis of Islamic law and fatwas, not on the basis of Iranian law.

The[b] bill prescribes a mandatory death sentence for any male Muslim who converts from Islam to another religion, and lifelong imprisonment for female converts from Islam[/b]. It also gives the Iranian secular courts authority to convict Iranians living outside the country of crimes relating to Iranian national security. It seems likely that this could be used against the many Iranian Christians who live outside Iran but are involved in evangelism within it. Apostasy from Islam is viewed by most Muslims as equivalent to treason.

and by the way,there is no compulsion in religion,says Islam
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by DavidDylan(m): 8:41pm On Oct 21, 2008
samba123:

stop on one sided the issued will not solve the problem if you're always judge like that. will you pay the damages done by your fellow citizen christedom to those suffering people.?

All these nonsense seems to be a convenient cover for your bloodletting. The US is not in Iraq or Afghanistan as a christian nation, it is there as a secular country determined to root out extremists who think they serve allah by flying aircraft into buildings filled with christians, jews, muslims and athiests.

If Iraqis are suffering, perhaps they shld tell muqtar alsadr and osama bn ladin to call off their death squads, perhaps they shld prevent iranian-made IEDs and bombs from getting across the border, perhaps they shld start educating their kids that suicide bombing is not a viable profession.

Infact if these people you weep for are ready to stop their "suffering" they can do so. Americans cant wait to leave Iraq!
And pls tell these "suffering" people to stop desperately applying for visas to the very countries you accuse of making them suffer. Does it make sense that a "suffering" Iraqi prefers to emigrate to Europe or the US rather than Jordan or Iran?

You are simply decieving urself.

Shld apostates be killed or not? Stop waffling my boy!
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by plusQueen: 10:52pm On Oct 21, 2008
samba123:

@DavidDylan
That what I like to heard from you people not just one sided.

like you are always denying!!! It is not enough of what have you been seen in the Media/TV/newspaper a lots more are being hidden. Even thought those atrocities done by those Iraqi people are still not sufficient to judge their suffering. They are being outnumbers in terms of losses in their lives because of those war done by the US. And tell me who will pay the damages destruction on those war alone in Afganistan and Iraq?. Don’t tell me you just disregard / close you eyes about that.

Lol those people have been affected/loss on that war has been pay by the Iraqi government because of their aggressiveness on their part.

How could you rebuild when you’re dictated torture harass in your private place without justice. Is their any compensation all the damages done by the US to start rebuilding again and start a new life?

I thought there is a restraining order in immigration, how come Iraqis are being allowed to live in NY? Few are lucky or just a fraud.

Are these the reasons why Islam advocates the killing of apostates?
Or you're just dancing to your own samba?
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by olabowale(m): 2:05am On Oct 22, 2008
@Plus_Queen: « #27 on: Yesterday at 03:46:40 PM »

The Bible says you can divorce based on fornication and adultery,but my dear are you comparing divorce to murdering someone for leaving a religion

If the Christians "follow" this instruct about divorce in the Bible, will there be any real Christian marriage left? You seem not to know that it is not easy to arrive at a decision where death pronouncement is made on a person who apostate from Islam. The issue of preservation of life, as clearly specified in the Qur'an is of the uptimost importance. Forgiveness is practiced and mere apostation is tolerated, even though not appreciated. The Qur'anic verse is a true testament to that.

Finally, a person who deserves death, if the society so wished after a rigorous judicial trial and his putting up a full defense for himself, is a person who "entered Islam with a preconceived notion, under the attitude of hypocracy, to after some time leaves, Islam, with the hope that:

(a) Some people who are already in it, at the time he is leaving it, will leave with him or later leave it, because of him.
(b) Some people who are not in it, but may be preparing to enter it, will not do so by his leaving it.

This apostate did not stop there, but after he left Islam, begins to tell lies, against it!

So that I may help you to understand a little better: Islam is bigger than the entire Yoruba tribe. I am very comfortable that if a Yoruba person, in Ibadan decides to declare himself as a nonYoruba, any longer, he may survive living in Ibadan still, in as long as he does not begin to publicly malign the Yoruba tribe, by dis creditting the Yoruba cultural norms of morality, ethic, ethnicity, ettiquette, and by this thinks that he can destroy the essence of Yorubaness.

Do you think the Yorubas in Ibadan, the city that is the seat of yoruba politics and the heartbeat of ethnic vocalnes will standby without hauling him to experience Yoruba Justice! Please also apply this to the Igbo tribal pride. Take any group that you want, any where in the world to help you understand this. Take even the pseudo docile Buhhdist under Dalil Lama!

You say there's no compulsion in religion yet you're compelled to kill those who leave the religion?
altaquiyyah.
This one is like a pig wearing lipstick.It can be clearly seen from a mile away.

You are becoming very unreasonable. Killing "everyone" who left Islam? Wow, your hatred of islam is the swine and her lipstick!

[Quote]
Even if the individual decides to leave Islam and return a thousand and one times.It is his prerogative,to kill him is murder and thank God the international community is cracking down on those barbaric acts.
Again this is about Islam murdering it's apostates,not about the concept of trinity,or eating jollof at salah.
It is about people being unable to be free from Islam for whatever reason.
They should be able to make that free choice without fear of being butchered to death in your hands.
[/quote]

1001 times! How now is it you, a Kiriyo who should be telling us in Islam how to run our lives, especially when our Master Blue Print, Qur'an with its explanation, the hadith and Sunnah are available, for everyone to use? Stop it woman.

Just the other day, the Saudi government hosted between the Afghanistan government and Taliban, a reconciliation meeting. No one can, outside Islam can do anything about it. Or you did not hear about it, yet? Whats barbaric acts, about preserving the integrity of your primary core values?

[Quote]
Remember that you are not Islam.You've told me that line several times so let's use it now.
Need I remind you that the subject is on Islam and killing of apostates so it's a little childish of you to defend the killings under whatever reasons you chose to profer and at the same time single out Yoruba Muslims as non murderous muslims.

[/quote]

To my mother, Mariam Victoria , Samuel, I am still a child. So it is not too far fetched that I could be childish! Read the Qur'an, again. It is more beloved and taken as absolute true, in its complete "literal content," by me. I am sure you have to interprete your Bible, which helps you to arrive, for the most part, 180 degrees to what it "literal inference" should be. I guess you think I will copy you. Not possible.

Finally, I am a Yoruba Muslim. It is the best example that I can give. Transfer this argument on any Tribe, in Africa, Say the Pular of Mauritania, or the Bambara of mali, or the Soninke of Senegal, or the Jular of Guinea Conakry. Or even the small Muslim village in Igboland.

Thank God you know examples abound and the individuals did not leave and return then leave again.

Are you saying that no "apostate" from Islam is alive, unkilled today, anywhere in the world, without any treat on his or her life? If you are sure of yourself, lets wager. I guarantee you that you will be the loser! Put it up!

so that reason to kill makes sense only to you and your cohorts.
I am esctatic Yoruba Muslims are more peaceful than their counterparts in northern Nigeria and Pakistan.We all know why

My cohorts? You are driving this thing to hard into the ground. I am a yoruba muslim. Why am I peaceful? PLease let me know a little bit about myself, from you. I wanna people to see how slick you are to be talking from bot sides of the mouth!

We actually pray most of you Muslims are that peaceful.
That is what a religion should teach.
Islam is something else entirely.
Keep defending killing a person for leaving Islam,the more you speak,the more we see the spirit behind that thing you call a religious movement.

There is nothing about Islam that I am ashamed of. With my beginner class knowledge of this noble religion, I know that my chance of making paradise, by Allah is good. Should I have any opinion, when Allah and His Messenger (as) have made a decision on a matter? A person who deceitfully came to your home claiming to be a friend and later killed the friendship with you so that she can lie about her live with you. She enbark on talking about her "period of friendship with you," with the hope that some of the friends you may walk away from you, while others who have admired you from afar, but not yet friends, will not even try to come close.

The issue is that this " exfriend" planned it this way, against you, even before she walked up to strike up the dead friendship. Knowing you, if you have a chance to square up with this person, your deceitful exfriend, will you smoosh up with her, or have a chance to slap her around until you at least vent a little of your frustration, about his lies on you?

Those who wanna leave Islam can just leave and let it me. Don't try to malign it by telling lies and nonexisting stories about it. Islam will be victorious even if it is practiced by just one person. One with God is an absolute majority.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by olabowale(m): 2:10am On Oct 22, 2008
And, Oh, the boy's placard says, "a prophet." It means any of the prophets; take your pick! If that makes him a terrorist, I wonder what you Christian can do for "Jesus!" I guess nothing since you are all hollow in your belief, except everything is window dressing.

You see I said hollow, instead of gutless, or spineless, etc.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by Bastage: 9:03am On Oct 22, 2008
The issue of preservation of life, as clearly specified in the Qur'an is of the uptimost importance.

After all the drivel that you've posted in this thread, it's nice to see you finally crack a really funny joke.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Not all Muslims are terrorists. But most terrorists are Muslims.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by samba123(m): 11:44am On Oct 22, 2008
plus_Queen:

Islam advocates the killing of apostates?

Lol there are many people who still alive today without worrying of becoming an apostate. Why are you worrying in this issue? grin Are you freaking out there if you see those people had been executed it doesn’t mean that is the only crime they committed my be a lot more aside from apostasy.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by samba123(m): 11:50am On Oct 22, 2008
Bastage:

thank for the compliment Ruddiness grin grin
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by olabowale(m): 12:54pm On Oct 22, 2008
@Bastage: « #48 on: Today at 09:03:51 AM »

The issue of preservation of life, as clearly specified in the Qur'an is of the uptimost importance.

Only one verse commands killing "specified type of apostasy." Read the Qur'an and study the ahadith about it for full knowledge. There are many verses that encourage preservation of life. I guess when I weigh the two, I am able to know preservation of life is of uptimost importance that "wholesale" killing of anyone who apostated Islam, under any condition!

After all the drivel that you've posted in this thread, it's nice to see you finally crack a really funny joke.

To you it is a "joke." I am not surprised, because a person who does have a strange perception of reality will find Truth as a haha joke, most of the time. In your case, you have demostrated it. I can see that you avoided a possible scenerio that I used to explain, above. It shows that you can never be an objective observer of Islam.

Let me try another format with you; what if the armed robbers invade you home. They first came to your beloved mother's room. You heard her cry for help. You rushed over and found a horrible scene. A gun was put to her head, with the finger on the trigger. If you have a gun in your hand, seeing the look of terror in your mother's eyes, will you not shoot to kill this would be assailant, who is about to take away, unexpected the life of the woman whose womb you developed from nothingness to any and all good that you are now, and you may be in the future?

If your answer is no, then I see that you truly belong to the class of unreal people that I am thinking about. If your answer is yes, then know that Islam rivals this scenerio, above about your mother, in the consciousness of every muslim, male and female.

Less the North "Ireland", Spanish "Bast", the Oriental "Burma" Tiger and all the other world terroist organizations. You are a piece of work. No one says there are no bad people in Islam. Islam is different from Muslims. Muslims should be evaluated by Islam. You did not get that, did you?
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by plusQueen: 5:30pm On Oct 22, 2008
olabowale:

And, Oh, the boy's placard says, "a prophet." It means any of the prophets; take your pick! If that makes him a terrorist, I wonder what you Christian can do for "Jesus!" I guess nothing since you are all hollow in your belief, except everything is window dressing.

You see I said hollow, instead of gutless, or spineless, etc.

This is shocking? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Here we have a grown man called Olabowale happy that a little boy should be allowed to carry a placard advocating the killing of "dissers" of Islam.
You folks are sicker than most people realize.
Thank God for nairaland.
who no know don begin know
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by plusQueen: 5:39pm On Oct 22, 2008
olabowale:

@Plus_Queen: « #27 on: Yesterday at 03:46:40 PM »
If the Christians "follow" this instruct about divorce in the Bible, will there be any real Christian marriage left? You seem not to know that it is not easy to arrive at a decision where death pronouncement is made on a person who apostate from Islam. The issue of preservation of life, as clearly specified in the Qur'an is of the uptimost importance. Forgiveness is practiced and mere apostation is tolerated, even though not appreciated. The Qur'anic verse is a true testament to that.

Finally, a person who deserves death, if the society so wished after a rigorous judicial trial and his putting up a full defense for himself, is a person who "entered Islam with a preconceived notion, under the attitude of hypocracy, to after some time leaves, Islam, with the hope that:(a) Some people who are already in it, at the time he is leaving it, will leave with him or later leave it, because of him.
(b) Some people who are not in it, but may be preparing to enter it, will not do so by his leaving it.

This apostate did not stop there, but after he left Islam, begins to tell lies, against it!

So that I may help you to understand a little better: Islam is bigger than the entire Yoruba tribe. I am very comfortable that if a Yoruba person, in Ibadan decides to declare himself as a nonYoruba, any longer, he may survive living in Ibadan still, in as long as he does not begin to publicly malign the Yoruba tribe, by this creditting the Yoruba cultural norms of morality, ethic, ethnicity, ettiquette, and by this thinks that he can destroy the essence of Yorubaness.

Do you think the Yorubas in Ibadan, the city that is the seat of yoruba politics and the heartbeat of ethnic vocalnes will standby without hauling him to experience Yoruba Justice! Please also apply this to the Igbo tribal pride. Take any group that you want, any where in the world to help you understand this. Take even the pseudo docile Buhhdist under Dalil Lama!

You are becoming very unreasonable. Killing "everyone" who left Islam? Wow, your hatred of islam is the swine and her lipstick!

1001 times! How now is it you, a Kiriyo who should be telling us in Islam how to run our lives, especially when our Master Blue Print, Qur'an with its explanation, the hadith and Sunnah are available, for everyone to use? Stop it woman.

Just the other day, the Saudi government hosted between the Afghanistan government and Taliban, a reconciliation meeting. No one can, outside Islam can do anything about it. Or you did not hear about it, yet? Whats barbaric acts, about preserving the integrity of your primary core values?

To my mother, Mariam Victoria , Samuel, I am still a child. So it is not too far fetched that I could be childish! Read the Qur'an, again. It is more beloved and taken as absolute true, in its complete "literal content," by me. I am sure you have to interprete your Bible, which helps you to arrive, for the most part, 180 degrees to what it "literal inference" should be. I guess you think I will copy you. Not possible.

Finally, I am a Yoruba Muslim. It is the best example that I can give. Transfer this argument on any Tribe, in Africa, Say the Pular of Mauritania, or the Bambara of mali, or the Soninke of Senegal, or the Jular of Guinea Conakry. Or even the small Muslim village in Igboland.

Are you saying that no "apostate" from Islam is alive, unkilled today, anywhere in the world, without any treat on his or her life? If you are sure of yourself, lets wager. I guarantee you that you will be the loser! Put it up!

My cohorts? You are driving this thing to hard into the ground. I am a yoruba muslim. Why am I peaceful? PLease let me know a little bit about myself, from you. I want to people to see how slick you are to be talking from bot sides of the mouth!

There is nothing about Islam that I am ashamed of. With my beginner class knowledge of this noble religion, I know that my chance of making paradise, by Allah is good. Should I have any opinion, when Allah and His Messenger (as) have made a decision on a matter? A person who deceitfully came to your home claiming to be a friend and later killed the friendship with you so that she can lie about her live with you. She enbark on talking about her "period of friendship with you," with the hope that some of the friends you may walk away from you, while others who have admired you from afar, but not yet friends, will not even try to come close.

The issue is that this " exfriend" planned it this way, against you, even before she walked up to strike up the dead friendship. Knowing you, if you have a chance to square up with this person, your deceitful exfriend, will you smoosh up with her, or have a chance to slap her around until you at least vent a little of your frustration, about his lies on you?

Those who want to leave Islam can just leave and let it me. Don't try to malign it by telling lies and nonexisting stories about it. Islam will be victorious even if it is practiced by just one person. One with God is an absolute majority.

Is it impossible for you folks to reason and understand that manipulation is evil.Are you God?
How can you determine what is in a man's mind and who entered Islam deceptively?
I'm sure you know that perhaps 99.99% of these folks that have been sacrificed at the altar of Allah are people who were born Muslims
so what deception?
Your typical altaquiyyah?

Assuming the person entered Islam deceptively, are you telling us that Islam is now an occultic group or akin to campus cults where individuals risk murder when they want to leave.
They can check in but bound for life whether they like it or not?
Now do you go around killing people who knowingly lied? undecided

people ought to be what they choose to be
It should be non of Islam's business
Is your allah judging you as a group or as individuals such that one person who decides to flee the "gang" spoils show for the rest of y'all.
I'm sure you know many Islamic countries are being forced  by the international community to change this barbaric act of slaughtering huiman beings like salah ram all in the name of allah.
It is wicked,it's despicable, it violates human rights.
I posted the law in a typical Islamic country regarding apostasy just to buttress my point.
First you affirm it then you tell me it's rare.
which way?
al taquiyyah as usual.
My dear,we are not deceived.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by plusQueen: 5:49pm On Oct 22, 2008
One thing any reader of this thread will come away with is that Islam is a religious movement where anyone who leaves it is in fear of being killed,not only by government authorities but by individuals as seen by the placard that 6 year old is carrying.Olabowale and Samba can color the killings,dress it up and put lipstick on it,but at the end of the day,you agree that A Muslim who turns atheist or Christian for instance has a death sentence on their heads according to Islam.

then again, I'm talking about the religion of "peace"here. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by plusQueen: 6:29pm On Oct 22, 2008
The four major Sunni and the one major Shia Madh'hab (schools of Islamic jurisprudence) agree that a sane adult male apostate must be executed.[1] They differ on the punishment for a female apostate - some schools calling for death and others for imprisonment. According to Wael Hallaq nothing of the apostasy law are derived from the Qur'an,[2] although the jurist al-Shafi'i interpreted the Qu'ranic verse 2:217 as providing the main evidence for
apostasy being a capital crime in Islam.[3]

A minority of medieval Islamic jurists, such as Hanafi jurist Sarakhsi,[4] Maliki jurist Abu al-Walid al-Baji, and Hanbali jurist Ibn Taymiyyah,[5] and some contemporary Islamic jurists, such as Shafi`i Grand Mufti Ali Gomaa[6][7] and Shi'a Grand Ayatollah Hossein-Ali Montazeri,[8] argued or issued fatwas that either the changing of religion is not punishable or is only punishable under restricted circumstances, but these minority opinions have not found broad acceptance among the majority of Islamic scholars.[9][10][11][12]

Some prominent contemporary examples of death sentences threatened or issued for apostasy include Salman Rushdie, who was condemned to death in 1989 by Ayatollah Khomeini, (ruler of Iran at the time) for his book The Satanic Verses; and Abdul Rahman, an Afghan convert to Christianity who was arrested and jailed on the charge of rejecting Islam" in 2006 but later released as mentally incompetent.[13]

It's obvious they differ in the punishments,sadly the minority voices are never heard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by olabowale(m): 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2008
@Plus_Queen: « #53 on: Today at 05:39:20 PM »  

Is it impossible for you folks to reason and understand that manipulation is evil.Are you God?
How can you determine what is in a man's mind and who entered Islam deceptively?
I'm sure you know that perhaps 99.99% of these folks that have been sacrificed at the altar of Allah are people who were born Muslims
so what deception?
Your typical altaquiyyah?
Assuming the person entered Islam deceptively, are you telling us that Islam is now an occultic group or akin to campus cults where individuals risk murder when they want to leave.
They can check in but bound for life whether they like it or not?
Now do you go around killing people who knowingly lied?

people ought to be what they choose to be
It should be non of Islam's business.
Is your allah judging you as a group or as individuals such that one person who decides to flee the "gang" spoils show for the rest of y'all.
I'm sure you know many Islamic countries are being forced  by the international community to change this barbaric act of slaughtering huiman beings like salah ram all in the name of allah.
It is wicked,it's despicable, it violates human rights.
I posted the law in a typical Islamic country regarding apostasy just to buttress my point.
First you affirm it then you tell me it's rare.
which way?
al taquiyyah as usual.
My dear,we are not deceived.

Islam is not MEDICINE! It is much, much grander. I remember that every Igbo person I spoke with said Igbo people have Kings, except their cultural stubbornness does diminishes the King values in his society. Unlike how the Yorubas elevate their Kings.

What Plus_Queen didiin her argument, was to bring White man's writings about it, in her hypothetical defense against what authentic Igbo say concering their own ethnic and cultural motive and attitudes!

There is nothing called "salah ram!" This is another one of your fast talking gimmick. Muslim have two Ids. Not Salah, to mark great events. I asked you to wager with me about the wholesale killing of mere apostates. You have been tap dancing, all day. You will wager or not? I ain got all day!

I will tell you about persons who left Islam and no one did anything about it. Salman Rushdie probably left Islam long time, earlier for the "enjoyments" of his literal society's incrowd, before penning "the satanic Verses!" No one said anything about his apostasy, but only for his lies in his infamous Book! Did you get that? And I am hoping that anyone can tell be what is true and not 100% lies about "Satanic Verses?"

How about Ali Sina? Has anyone done anything to him, in Canada? NO, of course. Stop hyperventillating. I wish you have the strength to wager. I am sure you will be the loser, of the two.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by olabowale(m): 6:47pm On Oct 22, 2008
« #55 on: Today at 06:29:56 PM »
The four major Sunni and the one major Shia Madh'hab (schools of Islamic jurisprudence) agree that a sane adult male apostate must be executed.[1] They differ on the punishment for a female apostate - some schools calling for death and others for imprisonment. According to Wael Hallaq nothing of the apostasy law are derived from the Qur'an,[2] although the jurist al-Shafi'i interpreted the Qu'ranic verse 2:217 as providing the main evidence for
apostasy being a capital crime in Islam.[3]

A minority of medieval Islamic jurists, such as Hanafi jurist Sarakhsi,[4] Maliki jurist Abu al-Walid al-Baji, and Hanbali jurist Ibn Taymiyyah,[5] and some contemporary Islamic jurists, such as Shafi`i Grand Mufti Ali Gomaa[6][7] and Shi'a Grand Ayatollah Hossein-Ali Montazeri,[8] argued or issued fatwas that either the changing of religion is not punishable or is only punishable under restricted circumstances, but these minority opinions have not found broad acceptance among the majority of Islamic scholars.[9][10][11][12]

Some prominent contemporary examples of death sentences threatened or issued for apostasy include Salman Rushdie, who was condemned to death in 1989 by Ayatollah Khomeini, (ruler of Iran at the time) for his book The Satanic Verses; and Abdul Rahman, an Afghan convert to Christianity who was arrested and jailed on the charge of rejecting Islam" in 2006 but later released as mentally incompetent.[13]

It's obvious they differ in the punishments,sadly the minority voices are never heard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam

AFGHANISTAN IS STILL A PLACE AT WAR. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT WHEN A SOCIETY IS AT WAR? AERICA IS FAR AWAY FROM THE THEATER OF WAR, YET IT IS A PLACE "CHANGED" FROM WHAT I USED TO KNOW HER LONG TIME AGO!
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by Nimshi: 7:17pm On Oct 22, 2008
I will tell you about persons who left Islam and no one did anything about it.

This is correct. Not all who have changed religions from Islam have been persecuted.

Salman Rushdie probably left Islam long time, earlier for the "enjoyments" of his literal society's incrowd, before penning "the satanic Verses!"

Brilliant work with the "probably". A note: Sir Salman, though having said he was irreligious, did, in 1990 issue a statement to the effect that had had renewed his Islamic faith and condemned all the attacks on Islam in his own book. And, it is quite a stretch to claim that Rushdie wrote what he did to please his literary friends and fans. Serious attempts were made on Rushdie's life; some of his collaborators were attacked; at least one was killed. These weren't empty threats. That Rushdie is alive says a good lot about the British agencies that've protected him, not about the generosity of those willing to carry out the sentence of death.

No one said anything about his apostasy, but only for his lies in his infamous Book! Did you get that? And I am hoping that anyone can tell be what is true and not 100% lies about "Satanic Verses?"

Of course, Rushdie's book isn't 100% lies. Have you read the book? Are you really serious in writing that it is 100% lies? I don't suppose that the Ayatollah Khomeini, who issued the fatwa read the book either, and that's about as true for many who have taken offence. Have you read the book?
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by plusQueen: 7:42pm On Oct 22, 2008
olabowale:

Islam is not MEDICINE! It is much, much grander. I remember that every Igbo person I spoke with said Igbo people have Kings, except their cultural stubbornness does diminishes the King values in his society. Unlike how the Yorubas elevate their Kings.

What Plus_Queen didiin her argument, was to bring White man's writings about it, in her hypothetical defense against what authentic Igbo say concering their own ethnic and cultural motive and attitudes!

Ah Choooooooo!!!
what has Igbo and Igweship got to do with this?
didn't we settle this topic and you saw beyond doubts from Igbo authors that Igbos never had kingdoms or monarchs like Yorubaland.
What has it got to do with killing of apostates?

olabowale:

There is nothing called "salah ram!" This is another one of your fast talking gimmick. Muslim have two Ids. Not Salah, to mark great events. I asked you to wager with me about the wholesale killing of mere apostates. You have been tap dancing, all day. You will wager or not? I ain got all day!

Ah cho!!!!
again!
This doesn't warrant a response.
Irrelevant to topic
olabowale:

I will tell you about persons who left Islam and no one did anything about it. Salman Rushdie probably left Islam long time, earlier for the "enjoyments" of his literal society's incrowd, before penning "the satanic Verses!" No one said anything about his apostasy, but only for his lies in his infamous Book! Did you get that? And I am hoping that anyone can tell be what is true and not 100% lies about "Satanic Verses?"

Of course he was not killed.He fled to London and was guarded.
Bia Olabs,do you think we're all blockheads?
Do you remember his dinners with ayatollah khomeini and all the merriment he left to travel to London on that leisure trip

olabowale:

How about Ali Sina? Has anyone done anything to him, in Canada? NO, of course. Stop hyperventillating. I wish you have the strength to wager. I am sure you will be the loser, of the two.

Ali Sina? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Do you know his real name?
Do you realise he uses a pen name ?
How about Hirshin Ali?
why is she also in hiding?
please stop telling lies.
In our culture,it's actually shameful for grown men to tell lies.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by plusQueen: 7:49pm On Oct 22, 2008
How about Ali Sina? Has anyone done anything to him, in Canada?

Faith Freedom International (FFI) is an Internet website that is critical of Islam.[1][2] FFI identifies itself as "a grassroots worldwide movement of ex-Muslims and all those who are concerned about the rise of the Islamic threat". According to the website, FFI was founded by an Iranian ex-Muslim residing in Canada, going by the pseudonym of "Ali Sina."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faith_Freedom_International
why is he in hiding?
Do really want to talk of Ali Sina?

See the opening to a page in his website.

Here are stories of people who have become disillusioned with Islam and have left it. Naturally their ID has been kept in secret and in some cases I have changed the names.  This is necessary to protect them from becoming the target of Islamic persecution. The penalty of apostasy in Islam is death. Here is my own testimony.  Why I Left Islam!

Hear this from Ali Sina's own mouth .
http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/sina/frombelief.htm
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by olabowale(m): 9:21pm On Oct 22, 2008
@Plus_Queen: « #60 on: Today at 07:49:00 PM »

Faith Freedom International (FFI) is an Internet website that is critical of Islam.[1][2] FFI identifies itself as "a grassroots worldwide movement of ex-Muslims and all those who are concerned about the rise of the Islamic threat". According to the website, FFI was founded by an Iranian ex-Muslim residing in Canada, going by the pseudonym of "Ali Sina."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faith_Freedom_International
why is he in hiding?
Do really want to talk of Ali Sina?

I am registered on his website to critic him. When I am through with the project that I am currently on, InshaAllah, I will have concentrate on him. Other people in my team will engage him, and give him thorough, up to date analysis of his "Book" about Islam. Be patient. His 50 K USD that he promised to give, even though that we believe he does not have the financial way with it all to do it, will be claimed, in theory by defeat of him.

See the opening to a page in his website.

Here are stories of people who have become disillusioned with Islam and have left it. Naturally their ID has been kept in secret and in some cases I have changed the names. This is necessary to protect them from becoming the target of Islamic persecution. The penalty of apostasy in Islam is death. Here is my own testimony. Why I Left Islam!

Hear this from Ali Sina's own mouth .
http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/sina/frombelief.htm

The above is a proof that not all apostates are killed! Will you wager with me, please?
And oh, I remember the part of the story of "Pilgrim.1," where she said her father hid his conversion, from The Muslims in America's Atlanta Georgia. But above we see Ali Sina openly critiquing Islam. Here we find an Iranian in Canada talking about his Islam, while a Yoruba man in Atlanta was hiding!

You see the blatant fallacy in the Atlanta story.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by olabowale(m): 9:44pm On Oct 22, 2008
@Plus_Queen: « #59 on: Today at 07:42:19 PM »

Ah Choooooooo!!!
what has Igbo and Igweship got to do with this?
didn't we settle this topic and you saw beyond doubts from Igbo authors that Igbos never had kingdoms or monarchs like Yorubaland.
What has it got to do with killing of apostates?

I guess all the Igbo people who sided with me are mistaken, while the Oyinbo authors you quoted are correct. I understand you.

Ah cho!!!!
again!
This doesn't warrant a response.
Irrelevant to topic

"Salah ram" may be irrelevant, but you brought it up. There is your fault. The same way with everything else in Islam!

Of course he was not killed.He fled to London and was guarded.
Bia Olabs,do you think we're all blockheads?
Do you remember his dinners with ayatollah khomeini and all the merriment he left to travel to London on that leisure trip

And where will be flee to and who will guard him against Al Jabbar, in the day of Judgement, when reality sets in? Blockheads are clearly identified by their weighty head and or the day they "think!" Was Salma Rushdie living in Iran before his "Fictional Book?" I guess Salman Rushdie was not his real name, like Ali Sina, and others?

[Quote]
Ali Sina?
Do you know his real name?
Do you realise he uses a pen name ?
How about Hirshin Ali?
why is she also in hiding?
please stop telling lies.
In our culture,it's actually shameful for grown men to tell lies.
[/quote]

Please wager with me and tell me the lies I have told? I am happier in Islamic culture. I am also happy in African culture. I am happy in Yankee culture. And Salman Rushdie did use a pen name, too? I thought his book is the worst of all against Islam? Why did he use his real name, knowing fully well, aforetime, that Muslims Kill "all apostates?" He must not know enough about Islam, if you think hard about it!

Baby, you will wager? I am hoping you will. Salman Rushdie who hated Islam enough to write a great book did not hide his name nor his face before the muslim world "got upset" about his writing. It is either that he did not expect the Muslim reaction, or that he was put up to it that he would be defended against muslim reaction. Is there any other possible explanation(s) or which of the two above?
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by olabowale(m): 10:39pm On Oct 22, 2008
@Nimshi: « #58 on: Today at 07:17:42 PM »

Brilliant work with the "probably". A note: Sir Salman, though having said he was irreligious, did, in 1990 issue a statement to the effect that had had renewed his Islamic faith and condemned all the attacks on Islam in his own book. And, it is quite a stretch to claim that Rushdie wrote what he did to please his literary friends and fans. Serious attempts were made on Rushdie's life; some of his collaborators were attacked; at least one was killed. These weren't empty threats. That Rushdie is alive says a good lot about the British agencies that've protected him, not about the generosity of those willing to carry out the sentence of death.

Are you here as a critic, or you will give me your "view" about the topic?
I wonder what prompted Salman Rushdie to write a book that he himself, according to your statement
above, "condemned" his own attack of Islam, after he had been "lionised" so much about his brilliance in this work?

For the attention of Plus_Queen, Salman Rushdie, has just done exactly what Allah says about the "chances to return to Islam after leaving it," if what Nimshi said above, is correct. You see the miracle of Qur'an, predicting what will happen to those who may want out, temporarily of Islam?

Nimshi, innocent people die in the hand of good people, even in time of peace. When people are upset they are emotional and often irrational. bad things do happen. This reminds me of the ahadith of Prophet Muhammad (AS), where he advised a person who asked him, not to get upset, each of the three person asked him, in one single occasion; "Laa Dubdub!" (Dont be angry: 3 times).

Of course, Rushdie's book isn't 100% lies. Have you read the book? Are you really serious in writing that it is 100% lies? I don't suppose that the Ayatollah Khomeini, who issued the fatwa read the book either, and that's about as true for many who have taken offence. Have you read the book?

According to your answer above, it is true that no one was upset because "Rushdie" left Islam. Now tell me what is not a lie in any of his "writing" that upset the Muslims who were "angry" at him? Please don't be shy! Is there any truth in the portions that the Musliims say he "lied?" If his name is Salman Rushdie, we know that he was correct in telling us his name. The muslims are not saying that he lied about his names. Talk to me about anything Truthful about what the Muslim says he lied about on "ISLAM?"

By the way, I did not read the book for a very simple reason; "It is garbage and I have no interest in wasting my time on it."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Ramadan: A Month Of Mercy And Mindfulness Of Allah / Women And Depression (for Muslim Women) / Islamic Lecture: Mufti Menk In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.