Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: (3412 Views)

Gaddaffi’s Last Formal Speech – This Is Very Moving! / Gaddaffi’s Last Formal Speech – This Is Very Moving! / Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech- This Is Very Moving! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by yinkusse: 2:50am On Aug 11, 2014
THIS IS VERY MOVING:

In the name of Allah, the beneficent, the merciful...

For 40 years, or was it longer, I can't remember, I did all I could to give people houses, hospitals, schools, and when they were hungry, I gave them food. I even made Benghazi into farmland from the desert, I stood up to attacks from that cowboy Ronald Reagan, when he killed my adopted orphaned daughter, he was trying to kill me, instead he killed that poor innocent child. Then I helped my brothers and sisters from Africa with money for the African Union.

I did all I could to help people Understand the concept of real democracy, where people's committees ran our country. But that was never enough, as some told me, even people who had 10 room homes, new suits and furniture, were never satisfied, as selfish as they were they wanted more. They told Americans and other visitors, that they needed "democracy" and "freedom" never realizing it was a cut throat system, where the biggest dog eats the rest, but they were enchanted with those words, never realizing that in America, there was no free medicine, no free hospitals, no free housing, no free education and no free food, except when people had to beg or go to long lines to get soup.

No, no matter what I did, it was never enough for some, but for others, they knew I was the son of Gamal Abdel Nasser, the only true Arab and Muslim leader we've had since Salah-al-Deen, when he claimed the Suez Canal for his people, as I claimed Libya, for my people, it was his footsteps I tried to follow, to keep my people free from colonial domination - from thieves who would steal from us.

Now, I am under attack by the biggest force in military history, my little African son, Obama wants to kill me, to take away the freedom of our country, to take away our free housing, our free medicine, our free education, our free food, and replace it with American style thievery, called "capitalism" ,but all of us in the Third World know what that means, it means corporations run the countries, run the world, and the people suffer.

So, there is no alternative for me, I must make my stand, and if Allah wishes, I shall die by following His path, the path that has made our country rich with farmland, with food and health, and even allowed us to help our African and Arab brothers and sisters.

I do not wish to die, but if it comes to that, to save this land, my people, all the thousands who are all my children, then so be it.

Let this testament be my voice to the world, that I stood up to crusader attacks of NATO, stood up to cruelty, stoop up to betrayal, stood up to the West and its colonialist ambitions, and that I stood with my African brothers, my true Arab and Muslim brothers, as a beacon of light.

When others were building castles, I lived in a modest house, and in a tent. I never forgot my youth in Sirte, I did not spend our national treasury foolishly, and like Salah-al-Deen, our great Muslim leader, who rescued Jerusalem for Islam, I took little for myself...

In the West, some have called me "mad", "crazy", but they know the truth yet continue to lie, they know that our land is independent and free, not in the colonial grip, that my vision, my path, is, and has been clear and for my people and that I will fight to my last breath to keep us free, may Allah almighty help us to remain faithful and free.

-- Mu'ummar Qaddafi.

23 Likes

Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by uken73(m): 3:18am On Aug 11, 2014
For 40 years, or was it longer, I can't remember
I'm sure they got tired.

But most of such nations need Iron fists from people like Gadaffi for them to be contained else hell is let loose.

3 Likes

Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by Nobody: 3:21am On Aug 11, 2014
God knows I never supported any attack on great African leaders like Gadhaffi and IDI Amin. Those were men who saw tomorrow but the West always have a way of hanging a bone on a dog's head and see a reason to kill it. We, Africans will surely miss those great men someday.

3 Likes

Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:35am On Aug 11, 2014
When Gadaffi was in power most of the criminals terrorising their nation today were in jail. People don't value what they have until it's gone. Libyans, you called for democracy, here it comes.
Enjoy your freedom.

21 Likes

Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by ZKOSOSO(m): 3:36am On Aug 11, 2014
A typical Muslim nation can only be ruled by a despot not governed by democrats !
Today USA should be regreting why it removed some of their maximum rulers.

5 Likes

Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by DONMAYOR19(m): 3:40am On Aug 11, 2014
Ruling for over 40years and he is still hungry to continue, is that alone not wickedness? Yes he achieved a lot for his country, but he should have resign and allow another person to continue, if he had done that, he would have been the best and may still be alive by now, but because of greed and too much power hungry like other africa leaders (them know themselves) he messed up and now he is no more....mandela is world icon before and even after his death(RIP MANDELA) because he had the opportunity to rule forever if he want, but he rule for only 4years and step down for someone else, we all know what happen after that........Gadhaffi was a good leader, but ruling for more than 40years is just too much.

4 Likes

Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by Asemo11(m): 3:46am On Aug 11, 2014
I love dis
I did not spend our national treasury foolishly, and like Salah-al-Deen, our great Muslim leader, who rescued Jerusalem for Islam, I took little for myself...

I love gadafi a lot I wonder if there will be a leader like dis in africa

2 Likes

Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by Mrval20(m): 4:18am On Aug 11, 2014
I liked this man and I was never happy with the way he was taken by the almighty America. However, I still blame him! If your people say they don't want you, no matter how good you've been to them, why not just resign so that you'll live to see them regret their decisions? After all, variety is the spice of life!

"my little African son, Obama wants to kill me", so touching angry

11 Likes

Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by Opiosko: 4:43am On Aug 11, 2014
DONMAYOR19: Ruling for over 40years and he is still hungry to continue, is that alone not wickedness? Yes he achieved a lot for his country, but he should have resign and allow another person to continue, if he had done that, he would have been the best and may still be alive by now, but because of greed and too much power hungry like other africa leaders (them know themselves) he messed up and now he is no more....mandela is world icon before and even after his death(RIP MANDELA) because he had the opportunity to rule forever if he want, but he rule for only 4years and step down for someone else, we all know what happen after that........Gadhaffi was a good leader, but ruling for more than 40years is just too much.
His circumstances and that of Mandela were not the same and you should judge them accordingly. The Arabs needs a leader like him. His rule may have been long but his country was doing very well. If it's not broken, don't fix it . Just look at what is happening to Libya now. Obama the lost son of Kenya who sold himself to his white overlords took him out to please his slave masters, to show them that he is a tough guy who would kill his brothers to please them. Let him go and try that with Kim of North Korea. Obama is a slave who despised his fellow Africans. Anyway, blame Gadhaffi for dismountling his WMD programs. Future African leaders must learn from his mistake.

12 Likes

Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by overhypedsteve(m): 5:17am On Aug 11, 2014
yinkusse: THIS IS VERY MOVING:

In the name of Allah, the beneficent, the merciful...

For 40 years, or was it longer, I can't remember, I did all I could to give people houses, hospitals, schools, and when they were hungry, I gave them food. I even made Benghazi into farmland from the desert, I stood up to attacks from that cowboy Ronald Reagan, when he killed my adopted orphaned daughter, he was trying to kill me, instead he killed that poor innocent child. Then I helped my brothers and sisters from Africa with money for the African Union.

I did all I could to help people Understand the concept of real democracy, where people's committees ran our country. But that was never enough, as some told me, even people who had 10 room homes, new suits and furniture, were never satisfied, as selfish as they were they wanted more. They told Americans and other visitors, that they needed "democracy" and "freedom" never realizing it was a cut throat system, where the biggest dog eats the rest, but they were enchanted with those words, never realizing that in America, there was no free medicine, no free hospitals, no free housing, no free education and no free food, except when people had to beg or go to long lines to get soup.

No, no matter what I did, it was never enough for some, but for others, they knew I was the son of Gamal Abdel Nasser, the only true Arab and Muslim leader we've had since Salah-al-Deen, when he claimed the Suez Canal for his people, as I claimed Libya, for my people, it was his footsteps I tried to follow, to keep my people free from colonial domination - from thieves who would steal from us.

Now, I am under attack by the biggest force in military history, my little African son, Obama wants to kill me, to take away the freedom of our country, to take away our free housing, our free medicine, our free education, our free food, and replace it with American style thievery, called "capitalism" ,but all of us in the Third World know what that means, it means corporations run the countries, run the world, and the people suffer.

So, there is no alternative for me, I must make my stand, and if Allah wishes, I shall die by following His path, the path that has made our country rich with farmland, with food and health, and even allowed us to help our African and Arab brothers and sisters.

I do not wish to die, but if it comes to that, to save this land, my people, all the thousands who are all my children, then so be it.

Let this testament be my voice to the world, that I stood up to crusader attacks of NATO, stood up to cruelty, stoop up to betrayal, stood up to the West and its colonialist ambitions, and that I stood with my African brothers, my true Arab and Muslim brothers, as a beacon of light.

When others were building castles, I lived in a modest house, and in a tent. I never forgot my youth in Sirte, I did not spend our national treasury foolishly, and like Salah-al-Deen, our great Muslim leader, who rescued Jerusalem for Islam, I took little for myself...

In the West, some have called me "mad", "crazy", but they know the truth yet continue to lie, they know that our land is independent and free, not in the colonial grip, that my vision, my path, is, and has been clear and for my people and that I will fight to my last breath to keep us free, may Allah almighty help us to remain faithful and free.

-- Mu'ummar Qaddafi.
moving words. He was a true africanist

4 Likes

Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by harev16: 5:20am On Aug 11, 2014
DONMAYOR19: Ruling for over 40years and he is still hungry to continue, is that alone not wickedness? Yes he achieved a lot for his country, but he should have resign and allow another person to continue, if he had done that, he would have been the best and may still be alive by now, but because of greed and too much power hungry like other africa leaders (them know themselves) he messed up and now he is no more....mandela is world icon before and even after his death(RIP MANDELA) because he had the opportunity to rule forever if he want, but he rule for only 4years and step down for someone else, we all know what happen after that........Gadhaffi was a good leader, but ruling for more than 40years is just too much.
The west has no right to dictate a form of government for everyone else... Gadhaffi's rule certainly suited them till the Libyans allowed themselves to be brainwashed and the western media also doing their bit... Noone has asked the queen of England to resign after over 60years, she's still the highest authority in the UK and the commonwealth realm as a whole... Let's not always believe 'their' own version of the truth, their motives are far from genuine.

12 Likes

Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by overhypedsteve(m): 5:23am On Aug 11, 2014
Asemo11: I love dis
I did not spend our national treasury foolishly, and like Salah-al-Deen, our great Muslim leader, who rescued Jerusalem for Islam, I took little for myself...

I love gadafi a lot I wonder if there will be a leader like dis in africa
he was the last of his kind. The hen have gone to roost. Our sun has set. We in africa will suffer this injustice. Libya will never be libya. We ve lost the battle. Africa has lost it all. Imagine US arranging africans to fight in a 110 mil dollars peace keeping initiative. Libya was like a village under ghadafi. Were the king knows and understand everybodies problem

2 Likes

Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by Bmart(m): 5:50am On Aug 11, 2014
overhypedsteve: he was the last of his kind. The hen have gone to roost. Our sun has set. We in africa will suffer this injustice. Libya will never be libya. We ve lost the battle. Africa has lost it all. Imagine US arranging africans to fight in a 110 mil dollars peace keeping initiative. Libya was like a village under ghadafi. Were the king knows and understand everybodies problem
grin
Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by wordcat(m): 5:50am On Aug 11, 2014
They controls the media.
They made us all believed that Gadhafi was a bad man.
But now...
We knw better.

6 Likes

Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by Nnewi1stSon: 5:59am On Aug 11, 2014
I never supported Ghaddafi's ouster. Although he was an Islamist, but he seemed the only African leader with brains back then. Not afraid to speak out. Same mistake the west is trying to do in Syria right now. Assad's ouster would leave Syria worse off than Iraq was after Saddam's ouster.

6 Likes

Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 11, 2014
Gaddafi was a true leader, the people that started the violence in Libya were imported from other arab countries for years to start the revolution, That has been US modus operandi, they did in Cuba, doing it in syria now and also they did in Libya.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/04/usaid-latin-americans-cuba-rebellion-hiv-workshops

The reign of the EVIL USA Government will soon come to an END

3 Likes

Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by owobokiri(m): 8:17am On Aug 11, 2014
Opiosko: His circumstances and that of Mandela were not the same and you should judge them accordingly. The Arabs needs a leader like him. His rule may have been long but his country was doing very well. If it's not broken, don't fix it . Just look at what is happening to Libya now. Obama the lost son of Kenya who sold himself to his white overlords took him out to please his slave masters, to show them that he is a tough guy who would kill his brothers to please them. Let him go and try that with Kim of North Korea. Obama is a slave who despised his fellow Africans. Anyway, blame Gadhaffi for dismountling his WMD programs. Future African leaders must learn from his mistake.

It is starting to look like Obama was elected to ruin Africa for his white masters. From Ghadafi to ebola, this man is showing a certain kind of ruthlessness that seems deliberately targeted at enermousy weakening this continenent. Since Reagan with his AiDS pandemic and proxy wars in Africa, no other American president has been so brutal in his decimation of the mother continent through wars, fabricated deseases and endless avalanche of scorch eath policies like the withdrawal of subsidies on anti retrovirals. This house negro wears meaness to his race as a badge of honour .

3 Likes

Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by ednut1(m): 8:36am On Aug 11, 2014
Libya is now a wasteland. we don't even knw who is d ruler der. armed militias controlling diff parts of the country. the oil fields are controlled by terrorist selling cheap oil to American and swiss traders. karma is a baitch the USA will fall someday

1 Like

Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by Giannakopoulos(f): 10:03am On Aug 11, 2014
Why did Ghaddafi not include that he jailed a lot of innocent politicians,we all are judging from this beautiful coined statement of his,even Adolf Hitler in his reign always proclaimed he was doing the right so as other world cruel leaders, take it or leave it,Ghaddafi was not a good man,but NATO didn't have any rights to strike him.
Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 11, 2014
All this happened cos of libya's oil. Them greedy americans wanted it and the libyans were too stupid to realize they were pawns in the Chess game the US was playing.
Under Ghaddafi,Libya was stable,had a booming economy. Housing,healthcare,food and jobs were ever ready.. Now Ghaddafi is dead,Libya has turned to a mini Somalia.. The US has a sinister policy of eliminating any Leader that tries to develop or stabilise his country. From Castro to Lumumba,From Ghaddafi to Sankara. From Iraq to Chile. Now the libyans have gotten their democracy to enjoy am na wahala.. RIP Ghaddafi.
#Castro Rocks..

3 Likes

Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by dulaman: 10:35am On Aug 11, 2014
mod. front page material
Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by obayaya(m): 10:40am On Aug 11, 2014

If you believe Mandela gained freedom for his people, then you'll believe anything.

South Africa is still skewed just the way it was before. Except that this time, the white's are installing their black puppets in power.

Make no mistake!!! The whites still control close to 80% of SA's economy

2 Likes

Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by cooljude(m): 10:46am On Aug 11, 2014
wordcat: They controls the media.
They made us all believed that Gadhafi was a bad man.
But now...
We knw better.
Are sure africans learnt anything, from the recent happenings in the world, it is obvious most Africans are still brainwashed.
Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by haitto99(m): 10:48am On Aug 11, 2014
Most arab countries need to be ruled with an iron fist,look at egypt,syria,iraq they were all stable when they had dictators,fine d dictators might have been excessive and abusive with the use of power but if saddam were to be alive,what d isis is doing in iraq won't smell broad daylight, as for gaddaffi he is and wld always be a greatman,a strong ruler should be mentioned on par with the likes of thomas sankara,gurang,lumumba,sekou toure and co,although he had his bad sides like sponsoring coups all over africa but he did well for his country and am sure 70% of lybians wold be regretting their actions.....''lybia is now a failed state'' according to aljazeera

1 Like

Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by haitto99(m): 10:48am On Aug 11, 2014
Most arab countries need to be ruled with an iron fist,look at egypt,syria,iraq they were all stable when they had dictators,fine d dictators might have been excessive and abusive with the use of power but if saddam were to be alive,what d isis is doing in iraq won't smell broad daylight, as for gaddaffi he is and wld always be a greatman,a strong ruler should be mentioned on par with the likes of thomas sankara,gurang,lumumba,sekou toure and co,although he had his bad sides like sponsoring coups all over africa but he did well for his country and am sure 70% of lybians would be regretting their actions.....''lybia is now a failed state'' according to aljazeera
Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by olapluto(m): 10:51am On Aug 11, 2014
Giannakopoulos: Why did Ghaddafi not include that he jailed a lot of innocent politicians,we all are judging from this beautiful coined statement of his,even Adolf Hitler in his reign always proclaimed he was doing the right so as other world cruel leaders, take it or leave it,Ghaddafi was not a good man,but NATO didn't have any rights to strike him.
Those innocent politicians are the ones ruining Libya now with their ethnic bigotry and ethnomiliticias. Ghadaffi understood Libya more than anyone, and he ruled Libya in the best way ever. For every bad action attributed to Ghadaffi, 20 worse crimes are committed by those accusing him.
The incidence that caused the 'no fly zone' is small compared to the genocide against Palestinians by Israelis. Why has NATO not thought of a 'no fly zone' to protect Palestinian civilians?

2 Likes

Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by tellwisdom: 10:59am On Aug 11, 2014
U.S, but why?? sad
Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by Giannakopoulos(f): 11:03am On Aug 11, 2014
olapluto:
Those innocent politicians are the ones ruining Libya now with their ethnic bigotry and ethnomiliticias. Ghadaffi understood Libya more than anyone, and he ruled Libya in the best way ever. For every bad action attributed to Ghadaffi, 20 worse crimes are committed by those accusing him.
The incidence that caused the 'no fly zone' is small compared to the genocide against Palestinians by Israelis. Why has NATO not thought of a 'no fly zone' to protect Palestinian civilians?
I understand you quite alright,but I wouldn't agree with you that he was the only man out of millions that was capable of ruling Libya,the west also had it wrong,note my statement,my point is Ghaddafi ruled for so long,using extreme force to silence the opposition & was not the only man capable to rule,imagine Mugabe,what he's doing in Zimbabwe now,in the next generation,an article may come out,outlining his good deeds,ignoring the serial crimes he committed.
Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 11, 2014
Africans never learn.
Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by Jakumo(m): 11:28am On Aug 11, 2014
This speech could not have been written for ex-Libyan tyrant Ghadaffi, because his speeches were generally just as long as those delivered by former Cuban President-For-Life Fidel Castro, who was renowned for regaling stupefied audiences with up to 7 continuous hours of rambling rhetoric at a go.

The speech quoted here has the appearance of an effort made to bolster the poor image of the late and un-lamented despot Ghadaffi, perhaps for the benefit of his few living allies, in some roundabout way.
Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by Freelancer00(m): 11:37am On Aug 11, 2014
The western press is the problem of the people. We believe all they say and don't bother doing research on it. Its so painful
Re: Gaddaffi's Last Formal Speech: by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 11, 2014
Jakumo: This speech could not have been written for ex-Libyan tyrant Ghadaffi, because his speeches were generally just as long as those delivered by former Cuban President-For-Life Fidel Castro, who was renowned for regaling stupefied audiences with up to 7 continuous hours of rambling rhetoric at a go.

The speech quoted here has the appearance of an effort made to bolster the poor image of the late and un-lamented despot Ghadaffi, perhaps for the benefit of his few living allies, in some roundabout way.
Poor image, really?

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Govs To Decamp To APC / FIRE FOR FIRE! Jonathan Changes Gear, Bombards Fayose | Tells Him To Resign / LIVE UPDATE: Fashola, Others Arrive As Ministers-designate Get Portfolios

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.