Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market (40541 Views)

Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand / Stallion Group Delivers Made-in-Nigeria Hyundai Vehicles / Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by emymeeky: 8:59pm On Aug 11, 2014
Hmmmm . this is a thread for big guys. Wish I could own one of those cruises smiley

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by iswallker(m): 9:00pm On Aug 11, 2014
tonychristopher:

that's a big lie ..literally they might mean same but in automobile world they ain't

PAN is assembling peougot cars cos the preugot is french car so what pan has is a lisense to assemble their cars with the french parent company specification cos they can't go against their specs

now manufacturing is a different ball game ...here the parent company assembles the car or gives specifications on what type of material that will be used for the car. they have the authority eg innosson

in assembling no authority to change specs
in manufacturing the company has the whole authority

thank me for this eye opener and don't make this mistake again

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So spec is what makes the diff bw assemble and manufacture.... shocked

And someone spent money to send yiu to sch o..! Smh

Modified

They mean the same thing..as a matter of fact most auto makers in the world assemble, only a handful actually make their engines and some components themselves...google is your friend my brother.

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by BE811APP: 9:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
So ix35 is 1.9mill
Not bad for a gift to my wife..

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by revolt(m): 9:09pm On Aug 11, 2014
Where's innoson oooooooooooooooo.. These guineas wanna take over our market. Lai lai.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
tonychristopher:

why do we have challenge with English ...Hyundai cars is a Korean product and can't be made here in Nigeria

I think the term assembled in Nigeria is apt

but a good move

Jonathan is trying
So they should buy Hyundai from the Koreans to satisfy you? Guy abeg just shut up please.

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by tonychristopher: 9:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
iswallker:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So spec is what makes the diff bw assemble and manufacture.... shocked

And someone spent money to send yiu to sch o..! Smh

this dude is just incorrigible. education must be a wasted project on you somehow

let me break it down for you the way I will explain it to a primary one pupil

spec means specification

in manufacturing . a parent company draws a design of engine or body then gives the design to an outsourcing firm and ensure that the outsourcing firm produced to their specification. eg Mercedes Benz giving specification of the type of plugs and light to Bosch or type of engine capacity Benz wants to AMG
let me make it clearer its like when a rover calls tells Honda I want you to produce a 1.8l engine for me with 200 horse power so you can see rover and Benz are given specification to Honda and Bosch

now in assembly ford is an American firm in their design they have designed the car and produced it but to cut cost they will come to Nigeria and due to cheap labour they will open a plant here and the plant here will assemble the parts according to ford USA specification . they can't alter it.

I hope your clumsy brain can grasp this simple analogy

I was think I was talking to somebody that has a higher IQ but I have to bring it to your level

thank me now for this lecture ....and go back to school

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
tonychristopher:

that's a big lie ..literally they might mean same but in automobile world they ain't

PAN is assembling peougot cars cos the preugot is french car so what pan has is a lisense to assemble their cars with the french parent company specification cos they can't go against their specs

now manufacturing is a different ball game ...here the parent company assembles the car or gives specifications on what type of material that will be used for the car. they have the authority eg innosson

in assembling no authority to change specs
in manufacturing the company has the whole authority

thank me for this eye opener and don't make this mistake again
Again, just shut up. You have no point.

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
COMPAQ: Something isn't right about this report on Stallion motors. There is no fanfare, no pictures released to the press by the company etc. Even their website makes little reference to this! if I were the public relations manger of the company, this news would be all over the place, with pictures, journalist tours of facilities etc.

Unless of course, they aren't really assembling anything and the whole thing is an elaborate scam. Knowing Nigeria, anything is possible!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUsba91UGiQLFOb5DN3Z_AdQ&v=bPep5vAvEx8

Now can you please shut up, you clueless fool?

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by tonychristopher: 9:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
rickkid:
So they should buy Hyundai from the Koreans to satisfy you? Guy abeg just shut up please.

I wonder the kind of graduate we are churning out these days

did I say that they should go to Korea and buy cars

I said that they are not manufacturing Hyundai Herr but they are assembling it.

why do people have issues with basic comprehension

did you do comprehension in your high school at all. I am done teaching drafts English
.damnnn

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
iswallker: Agangan so I should use my 1.6m to buy this toy yiu call i10.... grin..hope yiu know that thunder will....

You know the drill..

By the way hiw many cylinders does this thing have 1 or 2..smh fir agangan...
Do you even #200,000 to rub together? Abeg yimu into the nearest sewer. No one cares what you think.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by holyboss: 9:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Took that right out of my mouth cheesy
same here bro

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Chubosky: 9:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
Pls anybody with the knowledge of how to post articles/news material using IPad in Nairaland forum? Pls share !!!!
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by tonychristopher: 9:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
rickkid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUsba91UGiQLFOb5DN3Z_AdQ&v=bPep5vAvEx8

Now can you please shut up, you clueless fool?

why are you abusive ..you must have been raised from abusive home

you are just too abusive to everyone instead of making intellectual debates

too much kids here these days
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
tonychristopher:

did you do comprehension in your high school at all. I am done teaching drafts English
.damnnn
Please keep your rubbish to yourself. I didn't graduate from a Nigerian institution so your enforced mediocrity did not catch me. I clearly said "Hyundai" as in "Hyundai Motor Corporation of South Korea", which you would have understood if you had even a basic understanding of context. See a half literate like you now trying to lecture his superior on comprehension and grammar. Bat pretending to be a bird. Mmmtchewww

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by tonychristopher: 9:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
rickkid:
Please keep your rubbish to yourself. I didn't graduate from a Nigerian institution so your enforced mediocrity did not catch me. I clearly said "Hyundai" as in "Hyundai Motor Corporation of South Korea", which you would have understood if you had even a basic understanding of context. See a half literate like you now trying to lecture his superior on comprehension and grammar. Bat pretending to be a bird. Mmmtchewww

that's to show that your daft you must have attended a backyard school ...no wonder now bounce pls
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
tonychristopher:

did you do comprehension in your high school at all[b].[/b] I am done teaching drafts English
.damnnn
Lo and behold, this is the village 1diot attempting to lecture me about Grammar.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Burger01(m): 9:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
I look forward to locally assembled Hyundai Sonata..
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 11, 2014
tonychristopher:

that's to show that your daft you must have attended a backyard school ...no wonder now bounce pls

On second thoughts, it's obvious that I'm talking to a product of a Nigerian university who bought admission, grades and certification. You don't have two neurons to rub together upstairs so let me try to break my original message down so that intellectual Lilliputians like you might understand. I said "So they should buy Hyundai from the Koreans to satisfy you?" I.e, There is nothing wrong with assembling under license except you want Stallion group to purchase Hyundai Motor Corp from its Korean owners so that they can claim complete ownership over the manufacturing process, which seemed to be the thrust of the aimless rant you posted earlier.
I hope you get it now.
Not holding my breath though.

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by jamoyakz: 9:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
So I will use my hard earned money to buy all these chinco cars I.e Hyundai,KIA an co when I'm on the highway and can't overtake trailer or sacred of portholes... Abeg na to go cotonuo go pick grade on toks with 1.9m american specs sef and it will pay me on the long run than all these chinco cars that after one year you will hate why you bought them
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
jamoyakz: So I will use my hard earned money to buy all these chinco cars I.e Hyundai,KIA an co when I'm on the highway and can't overtake trailer or sacred of portholes... Abeg na to go cotonuo go pick grade on toks with 1.9m american specs sef and it will pay me on the long run than all these chinco cars that after one year you will hate why you bought them
You are a Cotonou importer and I claim my 20 Naira.
The way these handles jump on any thread about local car manufacture, either casting aspersions on the quality of the vehicles, or trying to create some non-existent dichotomy between "manufacturing" and"assembly" is pathetically predictable and transparent b.s. Still waiting for ndu_chucks to show as he inevitably will.

You guys are running the most ridiculous, ham fisted BTL campaign in history. I work in PR myself and I know BTL trolling tactics when I see them. You lot are doing it very badly and are destined to fail. That's all.

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by ooduque(m): 9:44pm On Aug 11, 2014
Although the i10 is like a glorified Keke Napep grin . But this is a good initiative from the FG, we need to give them kudos. If we have a good credit system, then there can be payment plans that will span over 24-months or more cheesy , by so doing you won't really have the feeling(financial burden). Imagine paying 1.5m over 24 to 36 months.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by neyur: 9:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ucheosefoh: Good news from a good policy from a good government by next two years car will be cheap for middle class to buy.

middle class?? That is too expensive now...you should said everyone. So that beggers can now beg as they drive
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by neyur: 9:54pm On Aug 11, 2014
eledacedar: Are they MADE in Nigeria or ASSEMBLED in nigeria.?

both

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by EbolaParasite: 9:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
deeobserver209: Despite the security challenges rocking some parts of the country, Nigeria's still making giant steps. I see Nigeria joining the league of most industrialized countries in the world soon. smiley
God Bless Nigeria! smiley

Nigeria can not achieve that until POWER is stable. You need a 24 hr economy to join the league of industrialized nations. The day Nigeria attains, 24hr uninterrupted power supply for the entire nation, we will shoot up to top 10 economies in the world in less than a year after that.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by H2oo(m): 10:02pm On Aug 11, 2014
titoetal:

There's no big difference between 'Made in/Assembled in'. This is just the first step that will lead to sourcing the components parts locally.
The ripple effect of this policy if well managed will be of great benefit to all.

God Bless Nigeria.

That's the point! Whether made or assembled, the point is......cars are being rolled out of Nigerian plants. I believe its a step in the right direction. Gradually, we can address the issue.

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Chinom(m): 10:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
It's still a Hyundai . I'm will not be caught dead driving one of those. I would rather pay more for a tokumbo Mercedes benz or BMW. Or even an IVM. Hyundai does not particularly have a good image world wide.

Next you know they will start assembling Chinese vehicles in Nigeria. When are we going to bring back the likes of MB, Peugeot, VW and BMW ?.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by flymallam: 10:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
No b obj time we dey assemble 406?.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
BE811APP: So ix35 is 1.9mill
Not bad for a gift to my wife..
for wia, not even in your wildest dreams. lol
it's that other one after the i10.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by DeanW: 10:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
only time will tell if this is worth it.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by tonychristopher: 10:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
rickkid:
Lo and behold, this is the village 1diot attempting to lecture me about Grammar.

dude you must have issue with yourself ...I studied in a foreign university so does this buffoon said ..and then what have you achieved with that stupid mentality working for people and answering them sir

I don't know why people have so much complex that they flaunt irrelevant to us . if you studied overseas does it change anything from the market .

I think I need to employ you so that I will be sending you overseas for errand

small boy
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by unite4real: 10:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
eledacedar: Are they MADE in Nigeria or ASSEMBLED in nigeria.?

All over the world, cars are assembled and not made. Na assembly part full everywhere. There are different companies that produce parts and then taken to assembly plants for final product.

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by phantom(m): 10:28pm On Aug 11, 2014
no auto maker makes all the parts of its cars. essentially,cars are ASSEMBLED whether its in japan,europe or the US.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SUV Climbs Over Another Car In Accident On Oshodi-apapa Road (photos) / Honda Goldwing Three Wheeler Bike Spotted In Lagos / Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.