Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,606 members, 7,823,638 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale (2682 Views)

Why Should FG Opt For German BMW When We Have Made In Nigeria Vehicles / Onu To Use Only made In Nigeria Vehicles / Minister Pledges To Use Only Made In Nigeria Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale by billante(m): 7:21am On Aug 11, 2014
Some made-in-Nigeria Hyundai vehicles have gone into commercial sales in the country, the Stallion Group said yesterday.

They are being sold at prices between N1.594 million and N1.990, the Group Managing Director of Stallion Automobile Division, Aprvir Singh, said .

Stallion Goup Chairman Sunil Vaswani said the vehicles being assembled at the Hyundai Motor Plant in Lagos are “affordably priced,” in order to give Nigerians a break from the strangle-hold of wholesale vehicle importers.

Some of the Hyundai passenger cars which are priced between NGN1.5m and NGN1.9m, are i10, Grand, Accent,Elantra and iX35.

In the truck and bus segments, the 10-ton HD160, seven-ton HD 120, five-ton HD78 and three-ton HD65 as well as 28+1 seater Hyundai County bus and 30-seater Stallion County bus are now being supplied to the market.

The company announced last month the commencement of locally-produced Hyundai range of vehicles, having inaugurated and rolled out the first set of made-in-Nigeria Nissan automobiles in April.

Hyundai Motors Nigeria Limited’s plant Managing Director Tokunbo Aromolaran said the vehicles are certified to the world’s highest automotive operating standard – ISO/TS 16949.” ISO/TS 16949 is the highest automotive operating standard in the world and its benefits include improved quality processes at the facility along with streaming supply chains both leading to a better overall product,” said.

The plant supported its ambitious growth plans by prioritising the need for a faster and more efficient environment to facilitate concurrent product development and support a rapidly changing requirement for a vehicle programme, Mr. Aromolaran added. He said: “Today, we are glad to inform Nigerians that we have delivered on our promise to make available affordably priced vehicles – thanks to strong-willed President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and the indefatigable supervisory roles of the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment headed by Dr. Olusegun Aganga.”

The plant director added that the first phase of delivery, established a system of record for the complete vehicle programme which will gradually be expanded to meet the ever-increasing demands for functional vehicle in Nigeria.
“Prospective customers can now walk into any of our dealership showrooms nationwide to buy value-driven made-in-Nigeria Hyundai certified vehicles.Hyundai i10, Grand, Xcent and Elantra are elegantly crafted functional cars with eye-popping styling, good fuel economy, and fantastic driving experience with modest starting price that is affordable to every desiring buyer,” Aromolaran assured.

Stallion Motors dealers in Lagos, Warri, Asaba, Anambra and Abakaliki have also commended the initiative, saying that this would expand customers’ options of below N2 million range of vehicles.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2014/08/hyundais-made-in-nigeria-vehicles-go-on.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale by overhypedsteve(m): 8:05am On Aug 11, 2014
G
Re: Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale by theSpark(m): 8:08am On Aug 11, 2014
How much did they cost before they were made in Nigeria?
Whatever sha. I count this as good news.
Re: Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale by eaglechild: 8:10am On Aug 11, 2014
Hyundai ix35( Tucson) for 1.9M?

OP your source is very questionable.
Re: Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale by ITbomb(m): 8:10am On Aug 11, 2014
iX35 for 1.9m? That's good
Re: Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale by luvinhubby(m): 8:14am On Aug 11, 2014
Good news from Hyundai, great job from Mr. President & badnews for haters.

6 Likes

Re: Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale by smallJagaban: 8:54am On Aug 11, 2014
WHAT OF INNOSON VEHICLES? INNOSON VEHICLES HAS GONE INTO EXTINCTION
Re: Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale by ba7man(m): 9:00am On Aug 11, 2014
luvinhubby: Good news from Hyundai, great job from Mr. President & badnews for haters.
Go to their showroom with N1.9mill to pick up an Elantra or IX35 and come back online to give us your feedback.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale by idumuose(m): 9:12am On Aug 11, 2014
Exactly my thought cos by the time you get to their showroom with N1.9m,they will tell the N1.9M is pre-tax price.When they add whatever tax,the price will shoot up.

All the same,it's good news their plant in Nigeria is fully functional.Kudos to this present govt.
ba7man: Go to their showroom with N1.9mill to pick up an Elantra or IX35 and come back online to give us your feedback.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale by iterator25: 9:19am On Aug 11, 2014
this is a very good news @1.5mil
Re: Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale by iamodenigbo1(m): 9:22am On Aug 11, 2014
fresh air blowing,haters should do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale by Eldavido1: 9:23am On Aug 11, 2014
Goodnews! plsss Innoson should hasten and step up his game. I will hate to see that guys business crumble due to stiff competition from more established automakers. He needs to stop relying solely on government patronage.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale by 1legend: 9:48am On Aug 11, 2014
Wow...Reallly good news but doubt if you can get an ix 35 for 1.9m though..

Meanwhile, visit www.naijaballer.com for latest football news from the Barclays Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga & UCL..you'll also see unorthodox stuff like stories about top players' & managers' personal lives e.t.c in the 'backpass' section
Re: Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale by kolaaderin: 9:55am On Aug 11, 2014
where is the factory located, can anyone confirm that. to believe this, get us some pics with Nigerian working on ground and the pics of the car been assembled. and if no one can verify the location of this factory its all lies. Jonathan propaganda at work.
Re: Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale by Realdeals(m): 10:01am On Aug 11, 2014
Good to hear that!
Re: Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale by ba7man(m): 10:13am On Aug 11, 2014
idumuose: Exactly my thought cos by the time you get to their showroom with N1.9m,they will tell the N1.9M is pre-tax price.When they add whatever tax,the price will shoot up.

All the same,it's good news their plant in Nigeria is fully functional.Kudos to this present govt.
I'll have to admit that it truly is an excellent move by the Govt.

If they can undercut the current prices by around 500 grand, that would be very good.

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale by wasiudvd(m): 10:45am On Aug 11, 2014
smallJagaban: WHAT OF INNOSON VEHICLES? INNOSON VEHICLES HAS GONE INTO EXTINCTION

No! They still exist in Anambra and its environs. buh it will soon be kicked out of the market it never gain access to. the way DSTv kicked HiTV Out. the ay MTN is pushing Globacom.
Re: Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale by anonimi: 10:46am On Aug 11, 2014
kolaaderin: where is the factory located, can anyone confirm that. to believe this, get us some pics with Nigerian working on ground and the pics of the car been assembled. and if no one can verify the location of this factory its all lies. Jonathan propaganda at work.

The factory is located at Ojo on the Badagry expressway. It is the old Volkswagen of Nigeria (VON) plant.

BTW, should this not be on the FP so we have more eye witness reports from the area where the planty is actually located and maybe people who work there or are involved with the project

1 Like

Re: Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale by AZeD1(m): 10:53am On Aug 11, 2014
anonimi:

The factory is located at Ojo on the Badagry expressway. It is the old Volkswagen of Nigeria (VON) plant.

BTW, should this not be on the FP so we have more eye witness reports from the area where the planty is actually located and maybe people who work there or are involved with the project
The factory like you said is the old VON plant and Stallion has been using that plant for ages. The actual price of the vehicles is what we should be concerned with along with the specifications.
Nothing is on the stallion group website.

I Just sent a mail to stallion group for more info. I'd update my post if i get a reply.

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale by kolaaderin: 11:09am On Aug 11, 2014
anonimi:

Been curious, we some times ago heard that old VW factory is to be use for production of NISSAN CARS not HYUNDAI. Is anyone following this trend. To be candid, we all want progress in this country but before i could believe any news i must be convince beyond reasonable doubt backed up with pics and Nigerians working in the factory. Sorry for been too curious, its just that we have heard too much lies from this group of thieves selling propaganda as physical achievement and its coming as completed projects.

FP please, we want more details of this news, i will be happy to have positive view of this from the masses.

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale by anonimi: 11:17am On Aug 11, 2014
kolaaderin:

Been curious, we some times ago heard that old VW factory is to be use for production of NISSAN CARS not HYUNDAI. Is anyone following this trend. To be candid, we all want progress in this country but before i could believe any news i must be convince beyond reasonable doubt backed up with pics and Nigerians working in the factory. Sorry for been too curious, its just that we have heard too much lies from this group of thieves selling propaganda as physical achievement and its coming as completed projects.

FP please, we want more details of this news, i will be happy to have positive view of this from the masses.

I think this part of the OP may answer your question:

The company announced last month the commencement of locally-produced Hyundai range of vehicles, having inaugurated and rolled out the first set of made-in-Nigeria Nissan automobiles in April.

Since this is an assembly plant they can do different brands and models from the same factory lines. From what I understand they will expand into more complex assembling as time goes on and based on market response, particularly the continuing TARIFF policy to encourage local production as is done by China, India & South Korea.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Most Hospitable Cities in Africa (Pictures) / Prof Eric Arubayi Stop This Fraud Now. / Boko Haram Uses 5,000 Cows As Shield - Naij

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.