Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Hold On To Me Part 2 (music Inspired) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hold On To Me Part 2 (music Inspired) (743 Views)

Beautiful Liar (music Inspired) / Dont Take My Man (music Inspired) / Hold On To Me - Part 1 (music Inspired) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hold On To Me Part 2 (music Inspired) by Abisoyee(m): 8:35am On Aug 11, 2014
Hook:

Make it last forever

Come on baby, won’t you hold on to me,

hold on to me

You and i together

Come on baby, wont you hold on to me

Excerpt from Part One: His concern only made me all the more weaker and in a voice that clearly betrayed my emotions I said

“We need to talk Chris, come home straight away.”

Chris was really worried and wanted to know what was wrong but I refused to talk over the phone, instead I started crying softly and he said he was on his way immediately. As I dropped the phone on the bed, I rested my head against the soft pillow and stared blankly at the wall. The walls were caving in on me, I felt like I was choking and something was suffocating me but for the life of me I couldn’t understand what. My chest felt heavy and the sobs that racked through my body as I wept uncontrollably made me feel light headed.

Chris arrived and dashed into the room like a mad man, embracing me as he stroked my head and asked what was wrong.

“Cynthia tell me what’s wrong. Why are you crying? Is anything the matter? Are you ill? Did anybody die? Do tell my Cynthy baby, what’s the matter, dry your tears now hunnay.” As the questions poured in one after the other, he dried my tears with the back of his palm and laid down by my side. As I looked into his eyes with him holding me tightly against his chest, I felt a ray of hope again and felt alive. Calmly I told him the news; his eyes widened in shock and he jumped up from the bed like a man stung by a bee. He stared down at me and to my surprise instead of running out of the room or the fear and anger I had been expecting, he came back to the bed and scooped me in his arms.

“Oh you poor baby, hush now everything is going to be alright, trust me. We are in this together, because if you have it then I must have it.” I suddenly realized I hadn’t thought of that, I stared at him as the wheels turned in my head. We had been having unprotected sex, could Chris have infected me? Could he have been cheating? But I knew that he hadn’t been seeing anyone else. I had been the careless one, I had been the one that shared sharp objects while fixing at the salon. I berated myself then as I cursed the day I had been born, in a whisper I apologized to Chris for having done this to him.

He wouldn’t hear of it as he wouldn’t let me take blame. “It’s not your fault dear, we are in this together. I would go for my test tomorrow, and no matter the result, we are still getting married, I love you more than my life.”

As he said those words, I believed him, I knew then that I still had a life to live. All was not yet lost and nothing is ever as bad as it seemed. I felt so glad to have him then, I felt blessed. I realized to get through this we gotta hold on. I smiled at him then and whispered, “Hold on to me.”

This post was inspired by the song Blue by multi time Grammy award winning songstress Beyonce Knowles. Blue is one of the tracks from her 2013 self titled album Beyonce.

For more updates, I remain @iamposhkid on Twitter and Instagram. You can also add Poshkid’s Corner BBM Channel with C00396EEB and get instant updates. Also visit the blog for more www.poshkidscorner.gidicentral.com

(1) (Reply)

My Mother'my Son'my Sister / '"The Girl Is Beautiful" Is Not Enough.'" / The Diary Of A Loser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.