Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,319 members, 7,957,849 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:59 PM

Beautiful Liar (music Inspired) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Beautiful Liar (music Inspired) (658 Views)

Dont Take My Man (music Inspired) / Hold On To Me Part 2 (music Inspired) / Hold On To Me - Part 1 (music Inspired) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Liar (music Inspired) by Abisoyee(m): 7:45am On Aug 26, 2014
This is the third part of the story of Ada and Lizzy, you can read the first part “Don’t Take My Man” and the second part “The Boy is Mine” at www.poshkidscorner.gidicentral under the music stories section. Below is an excerpt from “The Boy is Mine”

“Quit acting like the fool Ada, Andrew is beneath us, just a toy to pass time, don’t let this come between us.” Her hands moved so fast Lizzy didn’t see it coming until Ada’s palm hit her cheek. The slap stung and she could feel a bruise swelling as she stared in shock at her best friend.

“Get out now Ada before I call my guards on you. You are not welcome here again either.” Ada stared hard at this beautiful monster that was supposed to be her friend and with a loud hiss, she flounced off.

Chrous:

[Beyonce] (Ay) Let’s not kill the karma
(Ay) Let’s not start a fight
(Ay) It’s not worth the drama
For a beautiful liar
[Shakira] Can’t we laugh about it (Ha Ha Ha)
(Oh) It’s not worth our time
(Oh) We can live without ‘em
Just a beautiful liar

Lizzy touched her stinging cheeks as Ada left her apartment in a huff. Lizzy couldn’t understand why Ada was so mad; she always claimed she didn’t love Andrew so why all this drama. Whose fault was it therefore if she Lizzy had decided to have a little fun with Andrew? Karma was such a nice bitch! True, Andrew wasn’t the type of guy she would go for normally but she had been bored and a bit lonely lately so she had decided to pass away time with him till a suitable suitor came along. All the male models she worked with and the other men in the beauty industry were just too vain for her liking. Andrew had been a perfect distraction from all of that in all his appealing ugliness.

As she considered what had just transpired between her and Ada, she realized that they were making Andrew seem more important than he actually was. Lizzy cursed at herself silently as she made her way to the refrigerator to get ice to apply to her bruised cheek. She didn’t have to fight her best friend over some silly boy. He had gotten her attention by taking advantage of the fact that she had been lonely and needed company. He was nothing but a charming liar, Lizzy turned bright red in embarrassment as she realized what she had done. If the press was to ever get hold of this, they would make a field day out of it and it would quickly escalate into a scandal. That wasn’t going to be good for either her’s or Ada’s careers. She had to make amends with Ada, let them laugh over this and throw Andrew out the door; he wasn’t worth losing their friendship over. Ada was a successful musician and she on the other hand was a sought after model, they could do without him.

That evening, a remorseful Lizzy walked into her friend’s home studio and smiled sheepishly from the door. Ada paused and looked up from the piano she was playing on and looked at her with an unwelcoming frown on her face. Slowly advancing into the room, Lizzy started her apology:

“I know I did you wrong but really Ada it’s not worth the drama. Andrew is nothing but a deceptive lair, let’s laugh about this. Add it to our list of crazy adventures, it’s not worth our time as we can live without him.”

“Tell me how to forgive you, when it’s me who is ashamed,” Ada replied with tears brimming in her eyes. “I know he is not worth it, but no one likes being played.”

“I really wish I could free you of the hurt and the pain but the answer to that is simple, he is the one to blame. Boyfriends come and go Ada, friends stay forever.” The tears spilled over then as Ada stood up slowly and shredded the music sheets she had been playing on.

“That was some soppy sad love song I was playing. Don’t you ever be such a bad bitch again. Andrew is still got to pay…”

“I know when you get like that, don’t worry we are going to make him pay for daring to think he can play us.”

Probability of a Continuation…

The song “Beautiful Liar” is a song by American singer Beyonce and Latin pop star Shakira. Released on March 14, 2007, the song peaked at number three at the US Billboard hot 100 and reached number 1 in several other countries. Its theme is female empowerment; two female protagonists sing about being charmed by the same man, but instead of fighting over him, both ladies agree that he is not worth their time.

For more updates, I remain @iamposhkid on Twitter and Instagram. You can also add Poshkid’s Corner BBM Channel with C00396EEB and get instant updates. Or visit the blog at www.poshkidscorner.gidicentral.com

(1) (Reply)

Bestselling Author Could Not Read Or Write Until In Her Mid-20s / Happy Birthday To Me / Some Of The Best Quotes In The World ... Add Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.