Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,794 members, 7,837,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

GEJ;pls Sack Your Service Chiefs Before They Hand D Entire Nigeria 2 Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ;pls Sack Your Service Chiefs Before They Hand D Entire Nigeria 2 Boko Haram (874 Views)

See What Police Officers Were Spotted Doing 2 Boko Haram Members Hiding In Caves / Gmb,pls Sack The Petroleum Minister. / Open Letter To President GEJ: Pls Call Abia Governor, Orji To Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ;pls Sack Your Service Chiefs Before They Hand D Entire Nigeria 2 Boko Haram by chronique(m): 8:44am On Aug 11, 2014
Your excellency,the internet is the only way millions of Nigerians can connect and pass their messages across to you and today being the 11th of august 2014,I join other well meaning Nigerians to voice out my fears about what we're about to witness. Ever since the menace called boko haram started,I've followed reports about it,with keen interest. I never for once thought that this insurgency will get to an all-time height,where they'd start capturing towns within the federal republic of Nigeria,and hoisting their flags in a sovereign state. How and when did Nigeria get to this stage? Events we used to watch on CNN and BBC,happening in countries like Liberia,Sierra-Leone,Congo,Sudan,Somalia,Iraq,Libya,etc,are now happening right here in our country. Nigeria is slowly falling at the expense of greedy politicians and army generals,who have families living more than comfortable lives. I've heard several tales of events happening at the front-lines and they all center around the same topic/issue(corruption).

Several months ago,we heard of the story of a general who was redeployed because his sub-ordinates fired shots at him. Their complaints were that,they were not being kitted properly,given enough/standard weapons and that their allowances were not being paid. These,they cited as some of the major reasons why their colleagues were/are being killed like chickens and why they are currently losing the battle to the insurgents. Several stories from the battlefronts,tells us about several soldiers desserting the battlefronts due to high superior fire power of the insurgents. Many are being killed in battle daily with several others sustaining various degrees on injuries. All these are enough to dampen the morale of the soldiers on duty. Almost all the soldiers are complaining of lack of superior fire power as compared to what the insurgents have. On the other hand,your service chiefs are painting a different picture of what is happening in Borno and Yobe states. Never in my life,have I heard or seen the Nigerian army,which used to be the pride of the nation and continent,being embarrased like this. Your greedy generals are too dumb to know when to stop diverting funds meant to tackle the insurgency,into their private accounts. The rate at which our soldiers are being killed and weapons lost to the insurgents,is frightening. If things continue like this,more soldiers will dessert their duty posts and no one would be willing to join the army and die sheepishly. What this means,is that on a daily basis,we are losing manpower needed to effectively secure the nation. On the other hand,there are reports that boko haram have recruited thousands of fighters into their fold. This means that these guys are possibly planning something big;big enough to throw the entire nation into chaos. If the report of the over 10,000 new recruits of the boko haram is true,then Nigeria is in trouble. They would obviously extend their operations to different parts of the country and drag the government into a protracted long battle,which can effectively cripple the Nigerian economy,as our military would be over-stretched and would be fighting on several fronts. This was the same tactic employed by the taliban forces againt the soviet union in 1979 and it made the almighty soviet union,look like puppets. As we all know,the soviet union never got over that experience. The boko haram we knew 4 yrs ago aren't the same ones we are fighting now. We need to be ruthless and decisive now and clean up this mess,once and for all.

Your excellency,permit me to say this to you;your service chiefs aren't telling you the truth of the situation on ground. At this stage,if you need to hear the truth,speak with the soldiers at the battle front. At some point,I was considering quitting my business so as to enlist in the army and contribute my quota to defending the nation. I was going to do that as a patriotic Nigerian. However,I doubt if I would want to tow that line again. If I should die fighting,let it be because I died in serious combat,defending the nation. Let it not be because I was given inferior weapons to fight heavily armed terrorists;my life is worth much more than that. There are several Nigerians who are ready to lay their lives down to defend this nation and bring and end to this insurgency but we aren't ready to do that under greedy generals who are only interested in filling their pockets with the defence budget. Suffice is to say that Nigeria might lose the war and if we do,it will not be because our troops lacked the will and courage to defend the nation,it will not be because they lacked funding to prosecute this war;no! It would be lost because the greedy generals decided to enrich themselves,rather than defend the nation.

Ever since the retirement of Ihejirika,things have taken a bad turn. Now is the time to act. The recent report of women and children of serving personnels,blocking troops sent on mission because they don't want to become widows and orphans,is a terrible sign that things are not well at the barracks. The soldiers can't complain openly for fear of being court-martialled. Pls sack these current service chiefs and give us people who are willing to end this meance called boko haram. We do not have time on our hands.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ;pls Sack Your Service Chiefs Before They Hand D Entire Nigeria 2 Boko Haram by deeobserver209(m): 9:53am On Aug 11, 2014
Ihejirika was doing a good job dealing with Boko Haram when all of a sudden these northern elders came up with ridiculous allegations of genocide against him. They even threatened to report him to ICJ for crimes against humanity. Now that security is under the leadership of their own northern military leaders, security has deteriorate significantly. Who's fault it is now? Saboteurs! Some of their military people give support to Boko Haram when they thought nobody is looking.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ;pls Sack Your Service Chiefs Before They Hand D Entire Nigeria 2 Boko Haram by ratiken(m): 10:06am On Aug 11, 2014
GEJ will not kill himself for you guys.
Security is not like any other political instrument, you dont keep changing service chiefs like admin assistants.

Sometimes I wonder why we tend to dissociate these service men from the corrupt public with political and ethnic bias. They are all products of our endemically corrupt and bigoted ethnic units.

We can only fight boko haram together. .... the earlier we realise this.. the better for us all.
Re: GEJ;pls Sack Your Service Chiefs Before They Hand D Entire Nigeria 2 Boko Haram by huptin(m): 10:17am On Aug 11, 2014
I dont know much about the present COAS, but i think he is not competent enough to handle this insurgency, the earlier something is done, the better.
Re: GEJ;pls Sack Your Service Chiefs Before They Hand D Entire Nigeria 2 Boko Haram by Garrithe1st: 10:20am On Aug 11, 2014
Jona-daft‘s incompetence is the reason why BH is growing stronger, the dunce is more interested in winning elections than in securing lives..

undecided
Re: GEJ;pls Sack Your Service Chiefs Before They Hand D Entire Nigeria 2 Boko Haram by chronique(m): 10:34am On Aug 11, 2014
Bro,I know that. This is the first time I'm actually calling for a change in service chiefs. These ones aren't capable at all. This war is becoming a protracted one and if we're not careful,it will drain us. How much do you think will be our defence budget next year? The army is being over-stretched and if boko haram decides to start fighting along various lines in the entire north east,we'd be in trouble. It means you'd either have to do re-ocurrent recruitment of soldiers to cover up for those killed in battle and those desserting,or you pull out troops from other formations around the country to beef up these places,thereby leaving other states open to more attacks. The longer this war lasts,the faster we lose it.
ratiken: GEJ will not kill himself for you guys.
Security is not like any other political instrument, you dont keep changing service chiefs like admin assistants.

Sometimes I wonder why we tend to dissociate these service men from the corrupt public with political and ethnic bias. They are all products of our endemically corrupt and bigoted ethnic units.

We can only fight boko haram together. .... the earlier we realise this.. the better for us all.
Re: GEJ;pls Sack Your Service Chiefs Before They Hand D Entire Nigeria 2 Boko Haram by cool318(m): 11:25am On Aug 11, 2014
#EQUIP OUR GALLANT MEN.
Can Hackers Hack NA, NAVY & Airforce websites to Push this Message with a greater force!

1 Like

Re: GEJ;pls Sack Your Service Chiefs Before They Hand D Entire Nigeria 2 Boko Haram by fitzmayowa: 12:32pm On Aug 11, 2014
huptin: I dont know much about the present COAS, but i think he is not competent enough to handle this insurgency, the earlier something is done, the better.

The current COAS has failed in my own opinion, he promised to end BH few months into his appointment...He should do the most honourable thing and just resign...

All we've seen so far since he became the COAS is the increase in the loss of officers and gallant soldiers, while we have the likes of the disgraced general bandit still in the army...looting at the expense of the lives of those on the battlefield...

(1) (Reply)

Hopeless Situation: Yaradua Seen Being Flanked By His Mentors (pic) / Governor Okorocha Is An Embarrassment To Democracy’ – Foreign Affairs Minister / When Jonathan Supporters Locked Down Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.