Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,998 members, 7,956,709 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:16 PM

Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? (5224 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / When And Where Did Pastor Chris Get His PHD From? / What Is The Significance Of Praying Before Eating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by tpia1: 2:38pm On Aug 11, 2014
He exercised his discretion.

Give to Ceasar the things that are Caesar's, and give to God the things that are God's.

The woman needed to be given to Caesar, inasmuch as she came from Caesar.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Dragonking: 2:44pm On Aug 11, 2014
2 Corinthians 12:7 yet he gives them grace sufficient to endure and stand up under it, yea, to get the victory of it, to be more that conquerors, and triumph over it.

This is another verse of the bible that adeboye failed to keep as he couldnt endure and stand the temptation that he had to quickly look for help from the IGP rather than the God he claims to get power from.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Dragonking: 2:46pm On Aug 11, 2014
tpia1: He exercised his discretion.

Give to Ceasar the things that are Caesar's, and give to God the things that are God's.

The woman needed to be given to Caesar, inasmuch as she came from Caesar.

I hope you know what this grace is all about? kindly see this verse: 2 Corinthians 12:7 yet he gives them grace sufficient to endure and stand up under it, yea, to get the victory of it, to be more that conquerors, and triumph over it.

Adeboye simply couldnt stand this temptation.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by tpia1: 3:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
What is tempting about a woman stalking you?
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Demainman1: 3:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
tpia1: What is tempting about a woman stalking you?

The story was that the woman Almost seduced him. And read this quote from the original story “if you stand on my way to marrying this man, I will kill you.” https://www.nairaland.com/1850029/how-married-woman-almost-seduced

Who was the woman talking to here? The same person she wanted to marry or someone else?

Why would she want to kill the person God ask her to marry?

All I can deduce from the story is that the woman was a mental case but rather than treat her as such and pray for her to be healed, our man G.O ran off to the IG of police simply because he can.

The god of men can show OFF ehe.

Adeboye just want people mugus to know that IGP is only a phone call away for him unlike most of ordinary Nigerians.

Thank God while in London he said "I will call police for you o"

I was expecting him to call the oga patapata of police in the UK for the woman too grin obviously the UK IGP would have thought that our man GO is the mental case here for reporting a common incident to him instead of going to his nearest police station.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
ProphetUdeme: i got no time for ur show off.. Ignoramus
A prophet of folly. Your likes should be to whales as food.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by tpia1: 3:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
His beef is with the stalking masked as what she considered seduction.

Anyway, lord have mercy.

Thank God I'm not a man, any woman presuming to stalk me, for see wen.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Olusanya333(m): 4:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
Brethens lets follow d footstep of Jesus our Lord.We are admonish to look onto Jesus d Author and d finisher of our Faith nd nt Adeboye.Remember as well the Word of the Lord "The Pharisee seats on the Seat of Moses so do whatever they teach u nd nt wot dey do" Brethens there is Judgement upon every man works. So let us leave dat to God and face our journey to Heaven.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Donfamous(m): 4:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
Dragonking:

If Jesus christ could be saved from the temptation of the devil, why is it difficult for God to save adeboye from this temptation?

According to your bible (thats if you even know the bible at all) it states that God will provide a way out of temptation if we seek him.

1 Corinthians 10:13: The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

It is obvious adeboye couldnt endure this temptation and rather to seek the face of God for protection he ran to the IGP for help.
so who saved Jesus from d temptation. As u've said
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Donfamous(m): 4:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
Dragonking:

If Elisha could command wild bears to kill innocent children then Pastor adeboye commanding a seductress to go mad for his own protection is still better if he really had the power of God in him..

BTW, yes the bible said you should pray for your enemies but failed to tell Christians the kind of prayer one should pray for the enemy..
sorry I can't argue with u. U know nothing about d coming of Jesus. Just telling wat someone told u
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Dragonking: 4:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
Donfamous: so who saved Jesus from d temptation. As u've said

The question should be, "Did jesus run to meet any man to help him overcome the temptation?"
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Dragonking: 4:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
tpia1: His beef is with the stalking masked as what she considered seduction.

Anyway, lord have mercy.

Thank God I'm not a man, any woman presuming to stalk me, for see wen.

Women also get tempted too you know smiley
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Donfamous(m): 4:39pm On Aug 11, 2014
Dragonking:

The question should be, "Did jesus run to meet any man to help him overcome the temptation?"
u are still a kid I guess
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Dragonking: 4:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
Donfamous: u are still a kid I guess

Always looking for a way out. I stated every point here with quoted facts from your bible and you, a so-called christian who is supposed to know the word of God is yet to back up your own claim or point of view with facts from the bible.

So tell me, who is actually a kid between the two of us?
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Yooguyz: 6:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
Demainman1:

Threatening his life with s£x cheesy

Just because of stalking you run to the IG. Something that ordinary recruit will sort out in few minutes.

Nigeria Inspect General of Police, jobless since 1753 grin

i can see that you are very good at inventing straws. I don't have time for your likes.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by tpia1: 7:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
Dragonking:

Women also get tempted too you know smiley

true.

but not as much as men.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by lepasharon(f): 8:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
#clowningchristians grin

Anyway I wonder what kind of example he is giving to his members? undecided
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Dragonking: 10:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
lepasharon: #clowningchristians grin

Anyway I wonder what kind of example he is giving to his members? undecided

Infact eh...i just wonder what Christians who do not have access to IGP should do if they are caught in this scenario.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by tpia1: 11:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
get it on tape.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Dragonking: 8:49am On Aug 12, 2014
tpia1: get it on tape.

It aint that easy
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by KMB: 9:47am On Aug 12, 2014
Adeboye felt that calling the police was the most appropriate thing to do. Of course he would have prayed.

It's like you don't pray for a hungry man, you give him food then pray for him.

The man is a servant of God, not a spirit. He is a human being.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Elijah78: 12:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
If it were a church member, they will say go and see the pastor.
If the church member hard reported to the police as the pastor did, the brethren/pastor etc would have accuse him/her of lack of faith

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Whymee: 1:40pm On Aug 12, 2014
Elijah78: If it were a church member, they will say go and see the pastor.
If the church member hard reported to the police as the pastor did, the brethren/pastor etc would have accuse him/her of lack of faith

You're right, it's high time we stop all these lies that we have a man of God in our midst, they face real life threat with reality, yet they refer church members to faith all in the name of him or her recognizing MOG.

Aids, they can't treat,
Malaria, they can't treat,
Fever, they can't treat,
Temptation, they run to the police,
World Cup, prayer and faith can't bring it to Nigeria,
BOKO haram, no message from Holy Spirit to resolve
Shibok girls, no vision of their location revealed by Holy Spirit
We now have Ebola, we expect them to invite Dr Holy Spirit for treatment, ..for where.

I can bet it the so call MOG have their respective personal physician, yet they prefer to lie to the congregation about their health.

Who know, Sawyer may have been on the mission seeking for MOG intervention towards his Ebola Virus Disease, every MOG in Nigeria claimed they cure one ailment or the other.

God help us

5 Likes

Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Dragonking: 5:12pm On Aug 12, 2014
KMB: Adeboye felt that calling the police was the most appropriate thing to do. Of course he would have prayed.

It's like you don't pray for a hungry man, you give him food then pray for him.

The man is a servant of God, not a spirit. He is a human being.

Please see the response below for better enlightenment to this contradiction..vvvvv

Elijah78: If it were a church member, they will say go and see the pastor.

Whymee:

You're right, it's high time we stop all these lies that we have a man of God in our midst, they face real life threat with reality, yet they refer church members to faith all in the name of him or her recognizing MOG.

Aids, they can't treat,
Malaria, they can't treat,
Fever, they can't treat,
Temptation, they run to the police,
World Cup, prayer and faith can't bring it to Nigeria,
BOKO haram, no message from Holy Spirit to resolve
Shibok girls, no vision of their location revealed by Holy Spirit
We now have Ebola, we expect them to invite Dr Holy Spirit for treatment, ..for where.

I can bet it the so call MOG have their respective personal physician, yet they prefer to lie to the congregation about their health.

Who know, Sawyer may have been on the mission seeking for MOG intervention towards his Ebola Virus Disease, every MOG in Nigeria claimed they cure one ailment or the other.

God help us
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by PastorKun(m): 7:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
Another fishy thing about this Adeboye's story is that given the retinue of aides that are permanently around him and the hordes of security men that guard him how did this woman have access to him to the point she was able to seduce and even threaten him. The whole story just doesn't add up.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by tpia1: 7:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
the write up might have been written by someone else and attributed to him.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by nora544: 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
PastorKun: Another fishy thing about this Adeboye's story is that given the retinue of aides that are permanently around him and the hordes of security men that guard him how did this woman have access to him to the point she was able to seduce and even threaten him. The whole story just doesn't add up.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/woman-almost-seduced-adeboye/

I read the story on vanguard and he speak about this on his last crusade to his followers, where he also speak about a woman who was before muslim become christian and get heald from cancer tru faith and praying.

I know this story is direkt from Adeboye
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by PastorKun(m): 8:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
tpia1: the write up might have been written by someone else and attributed to him.

Adeboye was quoted to have said it himself at the just concluded rccg convention by several credible media. No point in making excuses for the man's blunder.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by nora544: 8:21pm On Aug 12, 2014
tpia1: the write up might have been written by someone else and attributed to him.

Adeboye told this story read it on vanguard and hear it from a friend who was there.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Dragonking: 11:17pm On Aug 12, 2014

I hope you have gotten all the evidences required.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by tpia1: 11:54pm On Aug 12, 2014
well, it doesnt put money in my pocket, so its all one to me.
Re: Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? by Dragonking: 10:52am On Aug 13, 2014
tpia1: well, it doesnt put money in my pocket, so its all one to me.

Good for yoi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another Proof That Jesus Christ Is Not An Angel!!!! / Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. / Are Atheists And Skeptics Just An Angry Bunch Or Are They Actually Realistic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.