Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,047 members, 7,818,146 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? (3707 Views)

Is Governor Umahi The Best Performing In Terms Of Salary Payment? / Olumide Raheem Is Governor Ambode’s ADC / What Is Governor Rochas Building? (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by Sweetlemon(f): 1:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
I must confess it adds some Yoruba swagger to his name smiley grin but why and how did he earn them?

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by PassingShot(m): 1:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ogbeni is his personal choice and it means Mr.

I think Aregberascal was coined by PDP to bastardize his name but unfortunately for them it's turned out to be funky. grin grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by Sweetlemon(f): 1:57pm On Aug 11, 2014
PassingShot: Ogbeni is his personal choice.

Aregberascal was coined by PDP to bastardize his name.

Really? Then they unknowingly added swag to his name. grin grin The name reminds of those stubborn intelligent guys in my primary/secondary schools that girls were tripping for grin

10 Likes

Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by ULSHERLAN(m): 2:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ogbeni is the yoruba word for MR. So now tell me if bearing Mr is bad undecided
Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by Demdem(m): 2:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ogbeni - Mr
Aregberascal - Rascality against poverty, unemployment, Hopelessness and the killer party in the state of Osun.

23 Likes

Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by Sweetlemon(f): 2:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
ULSHERLAN: Ogbeni is the yoruba word for MR. So now tell me if bearing Mr is bad undecided

Haba! I'm not saying it's bad (didn't you see where I said I like the swag?) and I know it's MR. I'm just wondering why he's the only one actually adding the Ogbeni to his name.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by tpia1: 2:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ogbeni means mr.

It has nothing to do with swag or trying to impress/attract women.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by tpia1: 2:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Really? Then they unknowingly added swag to his name. grin grin The name reminds of those stubborn intelligent guys in my primary/secondary schools that girls were tripping for grin

Rascal in Yorubaland is an insult whichever way you look at it.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by Sweetlemon(f): 2:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
tpia1:

Rascal in Yorubaland is an insult whichever way you look at it.

Not when you add "Aregbe" before it wink

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by tpia1: 2:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ma'am, I know you're shopping for a sugar daddy, is there no other politician you can try?

The scarce resources which are supposed to be used for the people of the state, you want to divert them selfishly for your personal vanity?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by Sweetlemon(f): 3:00pm On Aug 11, 2014
tpia1: Ma'am, I know you're shopping for a sugar daddy, is there no other politician you can try?

The scarce resources which are supposed to be used for the people of the state, you want to divert them selfishly for your personal vanity?

cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy

The one and only Tilapia1 of Nairaland! I hail o

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by tpia1: 3:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
Aunty, please show some consideration for the people of the state and quit greedily eyeing their money.

Does your state not have politicians you can run after?

You can even try any of the fabulously wealthier states where money flows like water, why is osun on your radar?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by Sweetlemon(f): 3:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
tpia1: Aunty, please show some consideration for the people of the state and quit greedily eyeing their money.

Does your state not have politicians you can run after?

You can even try any of the fabulously wealthier states where money flows like water, why is osun on your radar?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by Gbawe: 3:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
Sweetlemon:
Haba! I'm not saying it's bad (didn't you see where I said I like the swag?) and I know it's MR. I'm just wondering why he's the only one actually adding the Ogbeni to his name.

I think Aregbesola made 'ogbeni' popular because of his belief that Yorubas should make a deliberate effort to preserve, celebrate and value their culture and social system . Aregbe kind of made it his focus to heighten Yoruba ethnographic consciousness. Even the resurrection of the word "omoluabi" in contemporary Nigerian online political diction can be credited to the determination of Aregbe towards his Yoruba 'Renaissance' drive. Aregbe is now the original 'ogbeni'. Aregberascal is just like 'Nigg*r with how it a derogatory word coined to malign others yet the intended victim of the slander has somehow shown the wit to turn such into a cool 'make lemonade with lemon' alias.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by tpia1: 3:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
Sweetlemon:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oro buruku toun terin.
Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by Demdem(m): 3:39pm On Aug 11, 2014
Omoluabi (aregberascal) defeated omoale (omisore) in gubernatorial elections.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by Sweetlemon(f): 4:00pm On Aug 11, 2014
Gbawe:

I think Aregbesola made 'ogbeni' popular because of his belief that Yorubas should make a deliberate effort to preserve, celebrate and value their culture and social system . Aregbe kind of made it his focus to heighten Yoruba ethnographic consciousness. Even the resurrection of the word "omoluabi" in contemporary Nigerian online political diction can be credited to the determination of Aregbe towards his Yoruba 'Renaissance' drive. Aregbe is now the original 'ogbeni'. Aregberascal is just like 'Nigg*r with how it a derogatory word coined to malign others yet the intended victim of the slander has somehow shown the wit to turn such into a cool 'make lemonade with lemon' alias.

grin grin grin Abi?

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by tpia1: 4:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
Gbawe:

All yoruba leaders were called rascal , not sure how/why mrs or ms sweetlemon now decided to stalk aregbesola for some reason.

Do the politicians in her state not date their women or something?

And rascal is not the same as nigga, rascal is an insult, there is nothing pc about it.

It means small boy, thug, tout, ne'erdowell, agbero, etc.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by Sweetlemon(f): 6:57pm On Aug 11, 2014
See as everybody just dey avoid tilapia. Dis her matter don pass our human understanding grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by nerodenero: 7:09pm On Aug 11, 2014
Aside the fact the word 'Ogbeni' makes him unique and popular among the 'Omoluabis',his looks and actions truly portray him as a no-nonsense fellow.I think this is part of the reason rascal was attached to his name by those who feel threatened by his ways and attributes.

One thing I admire is his simplicity in terms of dressing.
Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
The "Aregbe-rascal" is quite funny

1 Like

Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by tpia1: 7:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
Sweetlemon: See as everybody just dey avoid tilapia. Dis her matter don pass our human understanding grin grin grin

for your mind, you are "all that" yet you spend your days stalking men and whining when you dont get any.

how far with all those your lies about a bed man? You said your "boyfriend" had no bed abi na mattress, remind me plz.

and you magically produced "instant stew" in under two minutes, which included a trip to get the ingredients.

nigeria can use your ingenuity you know, we still dont have microwave magic stew yet.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by Sweetlemon(f): 7:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
CFCfan: The "Aregbe-rascal" is quite funny

Funny and funky in a rascally way. lol
Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
Sweetlemon:

grin grin

Or how does "Aregbembok" sound?
Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by tpia1: 7:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
Sweetlemon:

ma'am, give your rubbish a rest.

na so dem dey seduce people? Only a hooligan would fall for this kind of crap.

you specialize too much in name calling.

besides, your desperation is off putting.

its sad all you ever aspire for is concubinage, however, like i pointed out before, does your own state not have politicians who can give you a lay and pay you for it?

where is your oil money going?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by daveP(m): 8:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ogbeni- Mr
But what made it glued to his personality is his midnight radio show titled " OGBENI TILL DAYBREAK " From midnight till dawn. He however stopped it cos body no be firewood.

AregbeRascal- given by PDP to mock him.

Sweetlemon: how are you. Its been decades..... smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by Sweetlemon(f): 9:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
CFCfan:
grin grin

Or how does "Aregbembok" sound?

Local jare
Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by Sweetlemon(f): 9:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
tpia1:

ma'am, give your rubbish a rest.

na so dem dey seduce people? Only a hooligan would fall for this kind of crap.

you specialize too much in name calling.

besides, your desperation is off putting.

its sad all you ever aspire for is concubinage, however, like i pointed out before, does your own state not have politicians who can give you a lay and pay you for it?

where is your oil money going?

Tilapia hapum o!
Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by tpia1: 9:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
how far with all those your lies about a bed man? You said your "boyfriend" had no bed abi na mattress, remind me plz.

and you magically produced "instant stew" in under two minutes, which included a trip to get the ingredients.

nigeria can use your ingenuity you know, we still dont have microwave magic stew yet.
Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by Sweetlemon(f): 9:06pm On Aug 11, 2014
daveP: Ogbeni- Mr
But what made it glued to his personality is his midnight radio show titled " OGBENI TILL DAYBREAK " From midnight till dawn. He however stopped it cos body no be firewood.

AregbeRascal- given by PDP to mock him.

Sweetlemon: how are you. Its been decades..... smiley

I dey o. How nau?
Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by daveP(m): 9:09pm On Aug 11, 2014
Sweetlemon:

I dey o. How nau?
im good, whatsup wif you. U been outta sight for some time nw. Hope all iz well?
Re: Why Is Governor Aregbesola Called "Ogbeni" And "Aregberascal"? by Sweetlemon(f): 9:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
daveP: im good, whatsup wif you. U been outta sight for some time nw. Hope all iz well?

All must be well. I dey o. Sometimes I'm active sometimes I'm not. Depending on where I am, how busy I am during that period or who I'm with wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Live: APC Presidential Rally Kano State! / WHY INEC Mocked Election Failed In Kano But A Success In Lagos And Delta State? / Political Hierarchy Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.