Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World (47532 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Kelechi Iheanacho In Manchester / Kelechi Iheanacho Makes ESPN Player Power Ranking. / Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
Congratulations.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
Kossyne:

Now that got me rolling on the floor....

People are busy trying to speak like Makele was Zidane and Messi rolled into one when all he did was sit infront of the CBs and protect them hence why he had just 1 goal for Chelsea.Makelele was the 1st person in world football to make that roll a defined one and Mikel is the only other player right now who just does that,even Vidal and co still attack a lot which Makelele never did
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by easyelliot(m): 9:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
Just don't loan him somewhere his growth will be stunted, serie a for a yr will do him well even ligue 1, bundasliga too, but not erevidise unless its Ajax who have always had a good youth system.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by safarigirl(f): 9:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
milehigh06:

you are deluded..Drogba became a star at Chelsea..wtf are you talking about...what did he win at Marseille..wow...you hate Mourinho so much you spew BS...Mikel became a chelsea stalwart under Mourinho(PS Mikel is a CDM stop trying to force him into what he is not) bet Kalou was not African too??all the African players Mourinho bought at chelsea,he used consistently...Drogba,Kalou,Mikel and even Essien who calls him daddy...liked essien so much he even took him to Madrid,like Drogba so much he brought him back to chelsea,liked eto so much he brought him to chelsea from the wilderness after no one would sign him after leaving Anzi
how can Chelsea have made Drogba? Drogba wasn't a teenager when Mourinho got him, he was a grown a55 man who had a certain position, nothing to develop anymore, that's like Onazi moving to Liverpool and making a name then someone saying Liverpool made him.

Oya answer me this, which club made CR7: Porto, Man United or Real Madrid?
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by iconize(m): 9:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
milehigh06:

dont mind them,thats how they will kill the boys career by comparing him to yekini and forgetting that is not his role...perfect example is Mikel..a DEf Mid that Nigerians and Nigerian coaches want to turn into Jay-Jay by force...let them play their natural positions

Let's just hope he adopts perfectly, but I think he played the false 9 postion at the U17 world cup.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by GenOrumov: 9:12pm On Aug 11, 2014
Abbycite: The problem is lack of good management......we have far better players in Africa at a younger stage than all of Europe.........If player like Lampard, Gerard can be rate as world class midfielder without no particular skills (so to say).....You begin to wonder where the likes of J.J, Oruma and co could have been with good management.
Yes we don't have good management but when (african) players reset their ages Ten years backward then even with good management, they will never be as good as those at their currently claimed ages.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by Kossyne(m): 9:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
milehigh06:

People are busy trying to speak like Makele was Zidane and Messi rolled into one when all he did was sit infront of the CBs and protect them hence why he had just 1 goal for Chelsea.Makelele was the 1st person in world football to make that roll a defined one and Mikel is the only other player right now who just does that,even Vidal and co still attack a lot which Makelele never did

My dear soccer has evolved so much that versatility is a necessity if you are to remain in the spotlight. Nobody wants to watch a player who sits in his half and pass the ball back to the GK or a player who is indecisive when he gets the ball. Have you wondered if all players play like Mikel, Soccer would have been a caricature. I respect the way you are standing up for your country men, but let no allow blind patrotism cloud our judgement. Mikel may be good but he's not Makelele good and I am sorry to say this, he's below average player.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by chibwike(m): 9:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
safarigirl: how can Chelsea have made Drogba? Drogba wasn't a teenager when Mourinho got him, he was a grown a55 man who had a certain position, nothing to develop anymore, that's like Onazi moving to Liverpool and making a name then someone saying Liverpool made him.

[bsafarigirl u re into sports oh[/b]
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by iconize(m): 9:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
milehigh06:

People are busy trying to speak like Makele was Zidane and Messi rolled into one when all he did was sit infront of the CBs and protect them hence why he had just 1 goal for Chelsea.
Makelele was the 1st person in world football to make that roll a defined one and Mikel is the only other player right now who just does that,even Vidal and co still attack a lot which Makelele never did

You're correct! But the fans at Real madrid called for his head because he never attacks.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by optimusprime2(m): 9:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
Abegi joooor .... thats what they said about Mikel abi?
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
hunter21: why wont they give him work permit, because hes not from england, germany or spain?

Nope.

Because he's not yet 18.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
iconize:

You're correct! But the fans at Real madrid called for his head because he never attacks.

and what happened to Madrid after he was let go?
Madrid went on one of their most frustrating periods ever after makelele left
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by Oluwaseytiano(m): 9:29pm On Aug 11, 2014
Danhumprey: That's not true. He hasn't yet clocked 18yrs yet. When he do,he will be given work permit. That's how they do it in England.
i hear u, have u ever wondered y players never move from the brazilian league to the epl
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 11, 2014
safarigirl: how can Chelsea have made Drogba? Drogba wasn't a teenager when Mourinho got him, he was a grown a55 man who had a certain position, nothing to develop anymore, that's like Onazi moving to Liverpool and making a name then someone saying Liverpool made him.

Drogba became an household name after he moved to Chelsea just like CR7 became better after he moved to Real..At UTD he was just all about flicks and tricks but at Real he finally worked on his accuracy,utd had a hand in his development and in making him a star and also do not forget that CR7 was also a star at his age with his portugese team and UTD made him famous while Madrid made him more famous.....David Luiz,Ganso,Oscar,Thiago Silva were all well known in Brazil but how many people knew them outside Brazil tll they moved to European clubs..Heck even at Benfica,Luiz was hailed by the world as a dream CB but after people got to actually see him play constantly at chelsea,it became clear he is at best a CDM/CM
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by Donkaz(m): 9:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
iconize: Wonder kid..

But honestly I don't like peeps calling Iheanacho a striker, he's more of an attacking mid-fielder.
Or do we say he's a false 9...
you are absolutely right!

That 'striker' tag is taking some shine from his impressive goals and assists tally
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by Missy89(f): 9:38pm On Aug 11, 2014
Good player? yes!
Age cheat ? Hell Yes!!
does this ranking mean anything? Bloody NO!

Let the kid/man play without distraction!. too much hype ruin upcoming African talents

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by Oluwaseytiano(m): 9:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
Jeezuzpick:

Nope.

Because he's not yet 18.
In order to work in the UK, most citizens from
outside Switzerland and the European Economic
Area – the EU plus Norway, Iceland and
Liechtenstein – are required to meet a certain
number of criteria that take into account their
skills, their financial position, their personal
circumstances and various other aspects of their
lives, ostensibly to make sure they won’t be
more trouble than they’re worth.
Footballers are no different, only they apply
through their prospective clubs, who act as
‘sponsors’ for the duration of the desired visa. In
England, the criteria (which are very similar to
those in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales)
are as follows: the club must be a member of the
Premier League or the Football League; the player
must compete only for clubs in those leagues; the
player must have participated – if available – in at
least 75 per cent of his national team’s senior
competitive internationals during the last two
years; that national team must be in the top 70 of
the Fifa rankings when averaged over two years.
There is no such bureaucracy in Italy, Spain,
France, Germany, Russia, the Netherlands or – as
far as I can tell – any other league in Europe.
Essentially, Britain’s immigration laws prevent
talented youngsters from outside Europe getting
their break in this country. For example, Hugo
Sánchez, Mexico’s greatest ever footballer, joined
Atlético Madrid; Ronaldo opted for PSV; Gabriel
Batistuta went to Fiorentina; Javier Zanetti chose
Inter. Not a single mercurial American has started
his European career in the UK.
That’s not to say there are no young players
from outside Europe in the Premier League – far
from it. Arsenal have quite a few on their books,
including Joel Campbell, Wellington Silva,
Denilson and Ryo Miyaichi. With the exception of
Denilson, they all failed, initially at least, to get UK
work permits. As a result, Arsenal were forced to
loan them to clubs across Europe. Denilson and
Miyaichi have since gained visas, but Campbell
and Wellington Silva are currently seconded in
Spain, at Real Betis and Alcoyano respectively.
There are loads of other examples of players
whose transfers have been delayed or cancelled
due to work permit problems: Argentinian
forward Sebastián Leto didn’t play a single
competitive match for Liverpool in his two years
with the club because his Italian passport was
revoked; Jason Scotland was unable to re-sign for
Dundee United in 2005, having fallen out of
international favour (though St Johnstone
managed to get a permit weeks later); São Paolo
youngster Henrique’s proposed move to QPR in
January was cancelled when he failed to get a
visa.
That’s why the exceptional young talents of this
world don’t move to England. Sporting reasons
play a part, but the fact they might struggle to
secure a work permit doesn’t help. Take
Alexandre Pato: the then uncapped Brazilian starlet
was able to register, and play, for Milan as soon
as the first transfer window opened following his
18th birthday. If he had signed for Arsenal, say,
he would probably have been shipped off to
somewhere like Celta Vigo or Levante. Of course,
there’s no harm in loaning a player out for
experience, but real superstars aren’t interested in
that kind of deal. And why should they be?
In fairness to the system, players don’t always
need to meet the criteria for international
appearances. If a work permit application is
rejected, clubs can appeal to a panel – consisting
of FA, PFA and league reps, as well as three ex-
pros and managers – who consider whether the
player is “of the highest calibre” and will
“contribute significantly to the development of the
game at the top level in England”. Pato might
have qualified in this way, but his passage would
not have been assured.

5 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by neyur: 9:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
Wow....world most exciting teen....that great,but i believe the teen is for his years of football
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by HENROSHUN(m): 9:41pm On Aug 11, 2014
Nokia3330: Good for the lad! I hope his work permit is sorted out fast. EPL is going to be interesting this season.

How I wish Berlusconi will just sell my club to a willing investor. Can you imagine AC Milan not playing any continental games this season?? Its really a sad story at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.

And why the hell was Seedorf sacked to usher in a tactless Inzaghi? whyyyy?!!

Enough of my rant.

FORZA Milan!

Sent from a Nokia 3330
I really wonder 4 Milan dis season.. Milan has problem wit mangement and good governance. Jus imagine, we aint playing any continental games dis season yet we stil refuse 2 buy quality players. Tell me hw Milan wan tek succeed winning seria and copa italia or even qualifying 4 2015/2016 UEFA Champs lig huh? I would even prefer Berlusconi sell part of Milan's shares to rich Arabians! Anyways God dey!

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by logica(m): 9:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
fijiano202:

Nope dude...drogba became a star at marseille not chelsea..the only star he could have helped was mikel
Benni McCarthy?
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by logica(m): 9:48pm On Aug 11, 2014

Sporting Lisbon you mean?
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by RebelLeader15(m): 9:51pm On Aug 11, 2014
Joeself1: hope he does not turn out like Bro Mikel.
lai lai.....m creator reject am, if I born pikin, I nor fit name a mikel sef

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by Itoroetti(m): 9:51pm On Aug 11, 2014
ClintonNzedimma: Iheanacho will be world class...
He is under pellegrini's care and watch and not that dream killing coach Mourinho....no African player thrives under that guy.
I dont see him as someone that will score many goals but as a playmaker.

lie.mcarthy thrived under him.drogba thrived under him.essien thrived under him.adebayor thrived under him.
he coached mikel for only 2yrs,why didnt mikel correct his errors after his departure?
mikel never wanted improving.that is d point.
matic wanted to improved dats why he left then came back after just 2yrs with chelsea paying heavily for him.
mata wanted improving that was why he left to play and not sit on d bench.
mikel killed his career nt mourinho

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by iconize(m): 9:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
Missy89: Good player? yes!
Age cheat ? Hell Yes!!
does this ranking mean anything? Bloody NO!

Let the kid/man play without distraction!. too much hype ruin upcoming African talents

Gibberish!
Who's discussing his age here?
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by Luvwarrior(m): 9:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
They always raise our hopes at youth level. When money starts coming in, they forget all the skills they learnt at Agege Stadium and Onikan Stadium and start passing backwards.
U read my mind Qmark

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by Danhumprey: 9:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
Oluwaseytiano: i hear u, have u ever wondered y players never move from the brazilian league to the epl
Why?

What of Oscar? Ramires? Paulinho? Coutinho? David Luis,et al?undecided

Are they not Brazilians?
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by Oluwaseytiano(m): 10:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
Danhumprey: Why?

What of Oscar? Ramires? Paulinho? Coutinho? David Luis,et al?undecided

Are they not Brazilians?
most of the players u mention didnt move directly from the brazillian league. In order to be eligible for work permit in the uk, players must have played up to 75% of their national team games in the last two years
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 11, 2014
A new duplex 4 sale @ old GRA Enugu. Has 6 bedrooms all in suite, 4 upstairs and 2 downstairs with big parlour,compound and C of O, #80 million asking. Want to lease or buy landed properties in Enugu? Looking 4 accomodation in Enugu? Cotact Mbaeze unique services on 08030888125, 07030529590,08089725197,or mbaezeo@gmail.com for genuine services.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by LordCenturion(m): 10:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
hensben: I wish him well,

Btw, were is chrisantus macaulay?

He dey for Bush dey shit. ...

Silly question

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by nonjebose(m): 10:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
slimzypink: is he a musician??
Yes. He sang with Dbanj and Flavour. He is also into nollywood
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by nonjebose(m): 10:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ladystewie: he's a doctor
wrong na. He is a musician. He plays with Flavour

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How The World Reacted To Man United And Liverpool's Heavy Defeats / FC Barcelona Player Salaries 2017-18 (full Squad Contracts Revealed) / Naomi Osaka Is Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.