Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World (47536 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Kelechi Iheanacho In Manchester / Kelechi Iheanacho Makes ESPN Player Power Ranking. / Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by DeeMain(m): 7:28am On Aug 12, 2014
Oluwaseytiano: In order to work in the UK, most citizens from
outside Switzerland and the European Economic
Area – the EU plus Norway, Iceland and
Liechtenstein – are required to meet a certain
number of criteria that take into account their
skills, their financial position, their personal
circumstances and various other aspects of their
lives, ostensibly to make sure they won’t be
more trouble than they’re worth.
Footballers are no different, only they apply
through their prospective clubs, who act as
‘sponsors’ for the duration of the desired visa. In
England, the criteria (which are very similar to
those in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales)
are as follows: the club must be a member of the
Premier League or the Football League; the player
must compete only for clubs in those leagues; the
player must have participated – if available – in at
least 75 per cent of his national team’s senior
competitive internationals during the last two
years; that national team must be in the top 70 of
the Fifa rankings when averaged over two years.
There is no such bureaucracy in Italy, Spain,
France, Germany, Russia, the Netherlands or – as
far as I can tell – any other league in Europe.
Essentially, Britain’s immigration laws prevent
talented youngsters from outside Europe getting
their break in this country. For example, Hugo
Sánchez, Mexico’s greatest ever footballer, joined
Atlético Madrid; Ronaldo opted for PSV; Gabriel
Batistuta went to Fiorentina; Javier Zanetti chose
Inter. Not a single mercurial American has started
his European career in the UK.
That’s not to say there are no young players
from outside Europe in the Premier League – far
from it. Arsenal have quite a few on their books,
including Joel Campbell, Wellington Silva,
Denilson and Ryo Miyaichi. With the exception of
Denilson, they all failed, initially at least, to get UK
work permits. As a result, Arsenal were forced to
loan them to clubs across Europe. Denilson and
Miyaichi have since gained visas, but Campbell
and Wellington Silva are currently seconded in
Spain, at Real Betis and Alcoyano respectively.
There are loads of other examples of players
whose transfers have been delayed or cancelled
due to work permit problems: Argentinian
forward Sebastián Leto didn’t play a single
competitive match for Liverpool in his two years
with the club because his Italian passport was
revoked; Jason Scotland was unable to re-sign for
Dundee United in 2005, having fallen out of
international favour (though St Johnstone
managed to get a permit weeks later); São Paolo
youngster Henrique’s proposed move to QPR in
January was cancelled when he failed to get a
visa.
That’s why the exceptional young talents of this
world don’t move to England. Sporting reasons
play a part, but the fact they might struggle to
secure a work permit doesn’t help. Take
Alexandre Pato: the then uncapped Brazilian starlet
was able to register, and play, for Milan as soon
as the first transfer window opened following his
18th birthday. If he had signed for Arsenal, say,
he would probably have been shipped off to
somewhere like Celta Vigo or Levante. Of course,
there’s no harm in loaning a player out for
experience, but real superstars aren’t interested in
that kind of deal. And why should they be?
In fairness to the system, players don’t always
need to meet the criteria for international
appearances. If a work permit application is
rejected, clubs can appeal to a panel – consisting
of FA, PFA and league reps, as well as three ex-
pros and managers – who consider whether the
player is “of the highest calibre” and will
“contribute significantly to the development of the
game at the top level in England”. Pato might
have qualified in this way, but his passage would
not have been assured.

You sabi dis game bruv. No contest. Oshe!
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by agrovick(m): 7:35am On Aug 12, 2014
ClintonNzedimma: Iheanacho will be world class...
He is under pellegrini's care and watch and not that dream killing coach Mourinho....no African player thrives under that guy.
I dont see him as someone that will score many goals but as a playmaker.

Enough with the fallacy. I want to believe you know Drogba and Essien, they both thrived under Mourinho.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 12, 2014
He is under pellegrini's care and watch and not that dream killing coach Mourinho....no African player thrives under that guy.

so drogba is an enropean abi?
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by JesChill(m): 8:10am On Aug 12, 2014
QMark: They always raise our hopes at youth level. When money starts coming in, they forget all the skills they learnt at Agege Stadium and Onikan Stadium and start passing the ball backwards.

I wish him all the best sha.

hahahahahaha...you have a point sha
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by Swash042(m): 8:51am On Aug 12, 2014
Naso Mikel started o.....I pray d boi won't end up lyk him

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 12, 2014
Datz nice....Let him remain very focused & humble as well, mk all dis accolades no enter his head ooo smileysmiley:Dn wit God on his side he shall become a world class teen
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by Simplefaithy(m): 9:07am On Aug 12, 2014
Oluwaseytiano: cos he is not european
. I think its cox of age
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by hollandis(f): 9:59am On Aug 12, 2014
I swear this safari girl,I feel like smashing her head for always supporting mediocrity

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by vizier007(m): 10:06am On Aug 12, 2014

what are you talking about, should I give you a list of youngsters that are even talented than iheanacho that went to man city and regretted it? even under pellegrini.. it's our African players that refuse to step up their games..
NB: am no fan of mouthrinho... get your facts right..
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by Oluwaseytiano(m): 10:42am On Aug 12, 2014
naijanoni:
Chelsea were able to get a work-permit for burkina-faso's bertrand traore immediately he turned 18 last year through the special talent appeal.
He had made just less than 5 appearances 4 his NT then.
If they could work it out 4 traore,then there wouldnt be much problem in getting a work permit 4 iheanacho when he turns 18.He's obviously a special talent.
not everyone wins the special talent appeal
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 12, 2014
englishmart: The Iheanacho I know is 33. Not 17
dem ask u? busy body, u no knw him just grow
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by Ela59: 10:51am On Aug 12, 2014
Kossyne:

Drogba did.

Micheal Essen.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by jabanz(m): 11:14am On Aug 12, 2014
Great, among our future. World cup stars
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by Bash92(m): 11:14am On Aug 12, 2014
What are you all saying about Mourinho developing Essien. Essien was already established at Lyon and was doing very well playing regularly for one of the best Lyon team ever. He was outstanding in there 2005 champions league team but was unfortunate too have lost to a Ji sung Park inspired PSV on penalties. Essien has already develop before he joined Mourinho at Chelsea

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by seemsnice: 11:28am On Aug 12, 2014
Good at early stage, kip it up, don't later b lyk MIKEL of nowadays.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by deo24128: 11:41am On Aug 12, 2014
You all should wait for Chidera Ezeh
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by Etruth: 11:47am On Aug 12, 2014

Are Drogba and Essien Europeans? Eto'o too @ Inter?
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by englishmart(m): 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
osina1414:
dem ask u? busy body, u no knw him just grow
I've said all I had to say.

tongue

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by englishmart(m): 12:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
logica: ...AKA Sporting Lisbon! Jeez.
I don't call things with their nicknames. Aka is not in my diary
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by englishmart(m): 12:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
logica: ...AKA Sporting Lisbon! Jeez.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by englishmart(m): 12:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
kannymoore:

Stop being silly please.
ok I will.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by logica(m): 12:23pm On Aug 12, 2014
englishmart: I don't call things with their nicknames. Aka is not in my diary
Sorry. Ogbeni stop trying to be smart in covering up your ignorance. Sporting Lisbon is the popular name of the club.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by englishmart(m): 12:37pm On Aug 12, 2014
logica: Sorry. Ogbeni stop trying to be smart in covering up your ignorance. Sporting Lisbon is the popular name of the club.
that's your problem. To you it's popularly known as sporting Lisbon.
To me it's not. tongue
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by kendrick93(m): 12:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
Abbycite: The problem is lack of good management......we have far better players in Africa at a younger stage than all of Europe.........If player like Lampard, Gerard can be rate as world class midfielder without no particular skills (so to say).....You begin to wonder where the likes of J.J, Oruma and co could have been with good management.
puttin oruma and gerrard name together shows dat u are a big fool.. olodo na u be
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by hardbody: 2:38pm On Aug 12, 2014
hollandis: I swear this safari girl,I feel like smashing her head for always supporting mediocrity

she will so beat you up. Take my advice, just let her be.

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by ladyinvelvet(f): 12:19am On Aug 13, 2014
QMark: They always raise our hopes at youth level. When money starts coming in, they forget all the skills they learnt at Agege Stadium and Onikan Stadium and start passing the ball backwards.

chai! You are cruel! # Big reference to Mikel
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World by sanyablaze(m): 11:43am On Aug 13, 2014

lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How The World Reacted To Man United And Liverpool's Heavy Defeats / Nigeria. Vs Cape Verde: World Cup Qualifiers: (1 - 1) - Full Time / Aaron Samuel, & Wife, Chinwe, Split 4 Months After Welcoming 2nd Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.