Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,633 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal (22870 Views)

Kano Pillars Wins Nigeria League (NPFL) For The Third Successive Time. / Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold / CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by sylve11: 10:57pm On Aug 11, 2014
one thing i like about Blessing Okagbare, is her level of concentration. Just keep doing it, continue to make Nigeria a proud nation Congrats to u. cool
Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by sylve11: 11:03pm On Aug 11, 2014
corneremperor:

Who cares what hamlet she came from? She's representing naija and that's all that matters. Your inferiority complex knows know bounds. Nobody even knows the so called urhobo in naija self, not to talk of internationally

Is it worth it replying him? U calling another man's language 'so called' does show ur level of thinking. Anyway, na una business be dat.

@ op, Weldone Okagbere. cool

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by Ichel: 11:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
Emelcee: Press LIKE if u think that this lady deserves to me honoured as MON by president GEJ.
which way bros
Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 11, 2014
Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by jabanz(m): 11:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
Congrats... Up naija
Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by Henrypraise: 11:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
corneremperor:

Who cares what hamlet she came from? She's representing naija and that's all that matters. Your inferiority complex knows know bounds. Nobody even knows the so called urhobo in naija self, not to talk of internationally

Y e de pain u? D gal is an urhobo n she is doin gud. she gives hope to d urhobo nation n in our way we ar proud of her n happy 4 her. Urhobo ovuovo!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by Bolt3(m): 11:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
Keep on winning.
Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by Ichel: 11:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
sylve11: one thing i like about Blessing Okagbare, is her level of concentration.

And one thing i like about her is her back side, when ever she's on the track, all i see is one hell of a buttock bouncing along the lane, but some folks gon say, that's non of my business.
But when a lady got such behind, then she leaves me choice than to make it my business.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by Bolt3(m): 11:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
Nice hair style. I prefer it to the last one.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 11:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
Eldavido1: Nigeria’s Blessing Okagbare, Monday night, confirmed her rating as
Africa’s fastest woman as she finished tops in grand style in the
women’s 100m event at the ongoing 19th Edition of the African
Athletic Championships in Marrakech, Morocco.
Okagbare, who recently clinched the sprint double at the
Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, set a new Championship record
of 11.00secs to secure Nigeria’s first gold medal at the flagship
African athletics competition.
Okagbare’s Ivorian rival, Murielle Ahoure, finished in second place
with a time of 11.03 secs while the other two Nigerian athletes in the
finals Gloria Asunmu and Lawretta Ozoh were unable to make it to
the podium finishing 4th and 7th respectively.
Speaking with journalists after another record making outing,
Okagbare said she had to go extra mile for the win.
“I am very happy to have won the title because I just wanted to win
for my fans and do my country proud,” Okagbare said.
“Just coming straight from the Commonwealth Games, my body is
tired, but my coach told me to just focus and execute the race,
which was what I did. Of course the competition was stiffer at the
Commonwealth Games, but that is not to take anything away from
Murielle Ahoure.
“She is a great athlete. It was good that we had three Nigerians in
the final but this is Africa. I am hoping that we can have this kind of
representation on a bigger platform, like the World Championships
and the Olympics.
Unfortunately, Nigeria was not able to repeat the winning feat in the
men’s 100m event as Mark Jelks settled for second position behind,
Ivorian Wilfred Koffi Hua who won in a time of 10.05secs
Jelks won the silver finishing with a time of 10.07secs, while
Edward Monzavous, another Nigerian, settled for bronze.
Another Nigerian, Ogho-Oghene Egwero, could only manage a
5thplace finish after posting a time of 10.28secs in the thrilling
finals for men.

https://m.premiumtimesng.com/sports/166545-morocco-2014-okagbare-wins-nigerias-first-gold-medal.html
Dats my love tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by Toshibasexy(m): 11:36pm On Aug 11, 2014
Kizmarty: aunty okagbare making urhobos proud since 15BC

smileysmileysmiley
is urhobo a new country cos the urhobo I know is under Nigeria which is a united nation that doesn't give credit to a particular tribe but to d country as a whole

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 11, 2014
Toshibasexy: is urhobo a new country cos the urhobo I know is under Nigeria which is a united nation that doesn't give credit to a particular tribe but to d country as a whole

spare me that Gospel up there..I'll take u seriously if u continue to preach against the arewa nd biafra republic citizens..

till then.... S H I F T !
Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by theroseofsharon(m): 11:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
gud one
Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 11, 2014
Tunguy01: oh !!! Good , is that how it works now , changing my comments to insult myself and some still think the world will still make a better place , I doubt it ( Bleep all the moderators even the founder)

so he's now bleeping around....

mods plz forgive him.... his brain just switched off..
Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by Toshibasexy(m): 11:46pm On Aug 11, 2014
Kizmarty:

spare me that Gospel up there..I'll take u seriously if u continue to preach against the arewa nd biafra republic citizens..

i just dey imagine how Nigeria future would be if every tribe thinks the way u do
Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 11, 2014
Henrypraise:

Y e de pain u? D gal is an urhobo n she is doin gud. she gives hope to d urhobo nation n in our way we ar proud of her n happy 4 her. Urhobo ovuovo!!!!!!!!

urhobo mee-na...wadoo smiley

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by watchindelta(m): 11:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
nice one my sister. who wan die for my matter,
Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by princebergz(m): 11:53pm On Aug 11, 2014

smileysmileysmiley
STFU... must everything be about one tribe or the other??
Way to go girl!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 11, 2014
Toshibasexy: i just dey imagine how Nigeria future would be if every tribe thinks the way u do

is this the first time you've encountered such comment in nl??

seems u haven't heard of arewa republic. etc..

am not Tribalistic ..still dnt care what u think

just keep off sad

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 12, 2014
princebergz:
WTH......am a foooll

sure you're... now go bury ur stupid self in your room ..mtcheeeew sad
Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by pazienza(m): 12:03am On Aug 12, 2014
Kizmarty:

Why must you drag Biafra into your shit, is the guy you were replying a Biafran?
Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by komek(m): 12:06am On Aug 12, 2014

smileysmileysmiley

U see as u dey call ur age mate aunty?
Success has many brothers and Sisters.
Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 12, 2014
pazienza:

Why must you drag Biafra into your shit, is the guy you were replying a Biafran?

is this the reason u opened this thread
if u dnt get d msg why not pass by... is that too much to ask

just mind ur biz
Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by Japlon(m): 12:09am On Aug 12, 2014
Eldavido1: Go girl! Nigeria is right behind you! !!
Re: BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 12, 2014
komek:

U see as u dey call ur age mate aunty?
Success has many brothers and Sisters.

nd you think you made sense

guess i underestimated how stu.pid some peeps can be..

were u present at my birth mayb you have my birth cert.
for ur mind am close to my 50s like youre...sorry am not....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Blast DSTV For Not Showing Nigeria Vs Senegal Friendly Match / Nigeria Vs Tunisia: Afrobasket 2017 Finals / Manchester City Has The Most Expensive Squad In Football History - CIES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.