Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,164 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) (35548 Views)

P'Square On Set Of New Music Video Shoot With Sexy Models (photos) / Nollywood Actresses And Their Personal Houses/Mansions ( Photos ) / Nigerian Actresses And Their Spouses ( Pictures ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 9:34am On Aug 12, 2014
Many people, especially young ones, see celebrities as their role models.
It's worthy of note that celebrities themselves also have their own role models, who they look up to.
Here are some Nigerian actresses and their role models:

OMOTOLA JOLADE EKEINDE

The super star actress, Omosexy as she's fondly called, has Beyonce, Madona and Justin Timberlake as her role models.
Read below what she had to say about them:

With Beyonce’s portrait on your wall, I can tell she’s your favourite international artiste, right?Yeah, she’s my number one and Madonna too though, as an extension. I grow every day. I’m actually growing into myself. I totally love Beyonce, just like I like Justin Timberlake. I totally love them both. I love Beyonce’s music and her personality. I don’t easily like things. I don’t even know about the similarities between her and myself. But I won’t deny her. I like her and I love her. I’m not trying to be like her. She’s Beyonce and I’m Omotola.

GENEVIEVE NNAJI

The Julia Roberts of Africa, Genevieve, has top Yoruba actress, Shola Shobowale as her role model. Genevieve sometime ago posted a picture of herself with Shola Shobowale with the following words:"God knows I love this woman".

MERCY JOHNSON

Industry followers are aware that Mercy Johnson developed keen interest in acting after watching one of the films staring Genevieve Nnaji.
She sees Ms Nnaji as her role model. No wonder she broke out in tears upon sighting Genevieve at her wedding reception few years back. She spoke about her role model, Genevieve, in an interview:

Let’s talk a bit about your career and what brought you into the limelight. What inspired you to take up acting as a profession?

I’ve had too many criticisms for saying this but I actually had just one inspiration and it was Genevieve Nnaji. When I got into Nollywood, lots of things later inspired me to do the things I do but she triggered my interest. I watched her in the movie “Sharon Stone” and I knew I wanted to act.

You were inspired to act by Genevieve Nnaji and now you inspire other people to take their chances in the movie industry. How does this make you feel?

I feel awesome, it’s a privilege. I hold her in a very high esteem. She taught me a lot whenever we had a chance to work together. She would say “Oh no, do it this way” or I’d just stand and stare at her while she worked and learn a lot. So now it’s a pleasure when some young girls tell me they are inspired by my work. When my colleagues applaud me, it’s fulfilling and I’m grateful that I can make an impact.

You speak so fondly of Genevieve. What is the relationship like between both of you now?

She is like a rock; I can always run to her when I’m in a tough corner, anytime.

CHIKA IKE
Everybody knows that Chika's role model is Kim Kardasian. She once tweeted at Kim and got a re-tweet from Kim. She recently released a Kim K's inspired photoshoot.

MONALISA CHINDA

Who are your role models?

Joke Silva. I love her because she has gone through a lot as a married woman and as a celebrity. She is one person I aspire to be like. Another lady I admire very much is the lady who runs the Little Saints Orphanage (Rev. Dele George). She is amazing.

RITA DOMINIC

Rita Dominic Nwaturuocha's role model is veteran actress, Joke Silva.
Rita Dominic named her film company – the Audrey Silva company after her role model, Joke Silva.

TONTO DIKEH

Pokolee sometime ago tweeted about her role models.
Tonto tweeted,
"Just so you know @Uche Jombo Is the only actress I owe loyalty to. Rita Dominic I love and I am obsessed with Genevieve. POKO."

OMONI OBOLI

If you could choose, name one actor you would really want to work with here in Nollywood or Hollywood, and why?

My role model is Tyler Perry and I would love to work with him. His road to success inspires me and his kinds of movies are not very far from where we are right now. His movies are drama driven and that’s where Nollywood is strong.

Nigerian actress, Omoni Oboli, in a personal letter of acknowledgement, has commended colleague Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, describing her as a role model, who has paved the way for up and coming acts in the industry to grow. I will continue to celebrate these icons that I consider to be the true role models for our youth to emulate in our nation. One such icon is our very own Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde. The original Omosexy, who has been tagged the African Magic.

Omotola waltzed into the movie industry before it was nicknamed Nollywood and took her place at the top of the industry as a leading lady like she actually owned the place. She fits into it easily like one who knew that she was born to do this. Her consistency at the top is evidence of her prowess at delivering every role consistently from when she stole our hearts in the movie Mortal Inheritance.

The ever-growing fans of Nollywood have been held spellbound by her believability in all her varied roles. At such a young age when many didn’t know their left from right, she understood the responsibility that came with being the leading lady.
We saw her cry, laugh, rejoice, explore and display other emotions and adventures that Nollywood has been consistently propelling us actors through in the last 21 years of its existence so that we have come to believe that we know her personally.

With her own style and wits, Omotola has somehow shown us her life and yet kept the personal bit intact, even though she got into marriage at an age many consider to be too young. She has stayed in the marriage when many casualties of failed marriages litter our nation and our industry. She simply defied the odds! Even though pilots are reputed to be philanderers, she has been successfully married to one for many years. Actors have a global reputation of divorces, citing the flimsiest excuses for their actions, but she has been steadfast in her marriage."

FUNKE AKINDELE

Funke opened up on her influences in Nollywood citing the likes of Kunle Afolayan, and veterans Liz Benson, Olu Jacobs and most especially Joke Silva.‘As an actress, I’ve always loved Aunty Joke Silva, Uncle Olu Jacobs. I just featured in a movie which she also starred in, I was star struck when I saw her. I was so happy, I felt fulfilled acting with her. She is someone I respect so much‘, the ‘Jenifa’ star said.

CYNTHIA AGHOLOR

Who are your role models in the industry?

Joke Silva and Liz Benson are my role models.

OGE OKOYE

Asked to name her role models, Oge says that they are legion. But she lists the Hollywood actress Julia Roberts, Nigeria's Taiwo Ajai Lycett, Liz Benson and the veteran actor 'Uncle' Olu Jacobs as actors that have had tremendous influence on her.

She added: "I love Uncle Olu Jacobs. He is like a father to me. He talks to me from time to time on how to be better."I recall that one thing that he told me that has sort of guided me is the fact that I must never strive to be like anyone but myself. That's my word for anyone who wants to come into the industry.My word for them is that theyshouldn't come into the industry to be like my role model Liz Benson or like Auntie Taiwo Ajai Lycett. They should create their style and be themselves. They should do their own thing and aim at being better than those on the turf."

By: Lalasticlala

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 9:37am On Aug 12, 2014
mercy and her role model

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 9:38am On Aug 12, 2014
chika ike & role model

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 9:41am On Aug 12, 2014
oge Okoye & role models

tonto & her role models

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 9:44am On Aug 12, 2014
monalisa & role model

omoni & role models

Funke & role models

Cynthia Agholor & role models

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by Mprex(f): 10:01am On Aug 12, 2014
Owk

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by osile2012: 10:01am On Aug 12, 2014
oops! We missed to add omoni on the list of our celebs. Don't forget to rate popular Brands,Products and People on the link bellow.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by Dubby6(m): 10:02am On Aug 12, 2014
Mercy dat tin ure carrying on ur chest alone....
Who b Afrocandy and Cossy role models na
Pokoli...i di sharp
Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by hatux: 11:08am On Aug 12, 2014
Role models? Now, ask them do they live the lives of their role models?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 12, 2014
Genevieve is crazy. How can that Shobowale of a thing woman be her role model. Mtcheew

Wow! Liz Benson is cute. kisskiss

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 11:39am On Aug 12, 2014
FrancisTony: Genevieve is crazy. How can that Shobowale of a thing woman be her role model. Mtcheew

Wow! Liz Benson is cute. kisskiss

lol

but I love that Shola shobowale. I love her voice too.

Julia Roberts is also Genny's role model

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
Chika Ike is a huge disappointment! angry angry says a lot about her..... "Show me ur mentor and i'll tell you who u are" undecided

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 12, 2014
all i see is boobs!! mercy Johnson is blessed!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by Abbey2sam(m): 1:02pm On Aug 12, 2014
Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by datguru: 1:02pm On Aug 12, 2014
How does this pay my bill? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by olanyte: 1:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
I thank God for this.
Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by Tucees(f): 1:04pm On Aug 12, 2014
Role model meaning is lost to most of these our actresses! Omotola and Chika Ike abeg wetin those people una wan model dey do weh fit improve una POSITIVELY? Both of you are a big let down.
angry

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by SMARTgurUxxxxxxx(m): 1:06pm On Aug 12, 2014
omotola na d finest......oboi eeh! ukwu!!!!!!!$
Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by Mayydayy(m): 1:06pm On Aug 12, 2014
as for omotala.most of d eople she has as her role models are younger than she is.i was thinking d reverse shuld be d case.
as for aunt jenny.she picked someone far less popular than herself as a role model.she says she loves that woman.so touching.
mercy broke down in tears seing aunt jenny at her wedding.she adores her.
as for Kim K wanna be.aunt Chika.weldone.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by johnstar(m): 1:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by rawpadgin(m): 1:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
my role model is john okafor grin grin my role model is john okafor grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by plainmirror(m): 1:10pm On Aug 12, 2014
Chika ike and her role model Kim K has something in common »» they must be ManCHESTer united fans grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by YoursGEJ(m): 1:10pm On Aug 12, 2014
Who is Tyler Perry? Naija people and their fake effizy
Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by Ramanto(m): 1:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
perchance hell was real.........

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by seunoni34(m): 1:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 12, 2014
Kim kardashian and role model in the same sentence ? LMAOO cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 12, 2014
YoursGEJ: Who is Tyler Perry? Naija people and their fake effizy

you don't know who tyler perry is ?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by englishmart(m): 1:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
My role model is president goodluck Ebele Jonathan Azikiwe.

He's very humble and democratic in his dealings with humans.

Also Jason derulo and Clems ohameze

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by Kalvan1000: 1:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
By their role models, you shall know them.

Look at an old woman calling Beyoncé and Justin Timberlake her role models.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
Amazing

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) by englishmart(m): 1:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
seunoni34: .
what for?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Looks Enchanting In Cute Selfies / Denzel Kelechukwu: Nina Ivy's Son In New Photos / Black Soot: Hilda Dokubo Cries Out About The Pollution In Port Harcourt (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.