Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa (19962 Views)

Liberia Gives Available Doses Of Zmapp Three African Doctors / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee / Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by neuljosh(m): 3:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ebola this Ebola that, I beg I done tire for the matter
Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by pontirock(m): 3:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
xoxogirl: booking space? undecided grin grin
u shud type long if u arnt doing so grin
Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by Htown64(m): 3:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
odun4love: The white man wey do pencil na him go do the eraser too....

Only God knows how much they will make form this....,

You know read were them talk say na free them give una?
Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by lemmeknow: 3:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
Misterpaul: They want to use Africans as "Lab rat" to test the potency of the drug. But anyway sha its better to die as an experimental rat than to die of ebola.
oh ma gosh! wat da hell are u saying? what is da dif?

a promo is on, 50mb each to 25 PERSONS.
D new Android plans with Etisalat.
50mb@N100_1gb@1.4k n mor
https://www.nairaland.com/1840190/d-new-etisalat-android-plans
enquires on whatsapp/voice call 09090431565
Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
Htown64: You know read were them talk say na free them give una?

See this guy,.. It might be free for now......
You no know this people sey?

1 Like

Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by Eeser: 3:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
Jclement: Hope Nigerians wnt start Cooking,bathing nd chewing Tobacco Leaves
This drug happen to be a product of advanced biotechnology. If you will eat, drink and bathe with all the tobacco in the world, you cannot get zmapp from them.
By the way, the drug is a cocktail of immunoglobulins- they are proteins and can be denatured by stomach enzymes.

1 Like

Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by UrbanMystique: 3:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
MizMyColi: I'm sorry but I stopped believing any news from vanguard angry
their reporters just sit somewhere and cook up what people wana hear.. useless newspaper

1 Like

Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by jericco1(m): 3:14pm On Aug 12, 2014

why should you?

1 Like

Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by solash: 3:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
hrmkz: I hope the side effect of these drug will not be worse than EBOLA.

they will say they told us oooo.

Your Head is there.
Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by patrickmuf(m): 3:16pm On Aug 12, 2014
Lacomus: After some goat will come online and start praising Russia for daring America right now what has russia done to fight against this virus ? what I know is after God it's America. God bless Obama, God bless America bt make God take time punish ebola.
Trying to sound intelligent? Big fail...You're no better than the people you refer to as goats.
Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by Eeser: 3:17pm On Aug 12, 2014
Why are people so freaked out about Zmapp. What about Favipavir from Fujifilm inc Japan. Even though it was developed for flu, experiment show it is potent against ebola. The Americans tried Zmap, let's try Favipavir.

1 Like

Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by igbsam(m): 3:17pm On Aug 12, 2014
xoxogirl: booking space? undecided grin grin

grin No time to waste time on hitting Nairaland frontpage. You know the feeling u get. tongue
Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by Adenugay(m): 3:18pm On Aug 12, 2014
I thought dey said dem no go release am

Photos: Dead Mermaid Spotted At A Popular Beach In Benin Republic >>> http://www..com/dead-mermaid-spotted-popular-beach-benin-republic/
Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by finessela: 3:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
people sick with Ebola really won't mind taking the zmapp whether experimental or not, at least the two americans they gave are still alive. I really hope they cam make it available to africans for real.
Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by Eeser: 3:23pm On Aug 12, 2014
Lacomus: After some goat will come online and start praising Russia for daring America right now what has russia done to fight against this virus ? what I know is after God it's America. God bless Obama, God bless America bt make God take time punish ebola.
And who said the Americans you are worshipping didn't create the virus in the first place. Is it a coincidence that the biggest outbreak came at a time that Zmapp was ready for trial. Or that its Zmapp is coming at a time the disease is hitting Africa's most populous countru for the first time. Fimile jor.

2 Likes

Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 12, 2014
Better.
Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by sicily4u: 3:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
ungrateful f00ls
Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
Eeser:
And who said the Americans you are worshipping didn't create the virus in the first place. Is it a coincidence that the biggest outbreak came at a time that Zmapp was ready for trial. Or that its Zmapp is coming at a time the disease is hitting Africa's most populous countru for the first time. Fimile jor.
repeat after me " Conspiracy theory"

2 Likes

Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by Beync(f): 3:29pm On Aug 12, 2014
TheRealAdonye: I think say na we first beg..

we no dey give una. No be una talk say bitter ola dey cure am? Ntoo grin
Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by obailala(m): 3:35pm On Aug 12, 2014
Wildemex92: ....
“Any decision to use ZMapp must be made by the patients’ medical team,” it said, adding that the drug was “provided at no cost in all cases.”

The biomedical collaboration between US and Canadian researchers [size=14pt]involves a drug that is manufactured in tobacco leaves[/size] and is hard to produce on a large scale.

Cigar would soon start trending in Nigeria undecided

1 Like

Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by jude33084(m): 3:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
They should give the sample drug to the Indian government and the world will get enough of the drugs(medicine) grin

They are no.1 when it comes to generic drugs grin
Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by chuqudy(m): 4:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
Akpors went for Ebola test in a hospital on Friday and was told to come back on Monday for the result.

When he got to church on Sunday, the pastor declared to the people that "everything you are looking for this week shall be positive"

Akpors jumped on his feet and shouted "I REJECT IT IN JESUS NAME, my own must be negative ooooooo.''

Do the following things and say bye bye to Ebola. Read and share the message to end Ebola in Nigeria and Africa. This is the only solution. See the personal protective wears and how to wear them. Ebola is no man's friend. See the cure at http://..com/2014/08/finally-cure-of-ebola-is-here.html
Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by jude33084(m): 4:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
obailala:
Cigar would soon start trending in Nigeria undecided

Hahahaha! cheesy

You very correct!

1 Like

Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by omoredia: 4:02pm On Aug 12, 2014
works wonders for small and medium businesses &^*(

Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by Forwetinnah: 4:04pm On Aug 12, 2014
Where are those arguing that the drugs were still on Clinical trials? You see what I've been saying? Smh
Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by asha01: 4:06pm On Aug 12, 2014
Wildemex92: A US company that makes an experimental drug for treating the often deadly Ebola virus said Monday it has sent all its available supplies to West Africa.

Some 961 people have died from the hemorrhagic fever in Sierra Leone, Liberia, Guinea and Nigeria since March during the largest Ebola outbreak in history.

“In responding to the request received this weekend from a West African nation, the available supply of ZMapp is exhausted,” said a statement on the Mapp Bio website.

“Any decision to use ZMapp must be made by the patients’ medical team,” it said, adding that the drug was “provided at no cost in all cases.”

The biomedical collaboration between US and Canadian researchers involves a drug that is manufactured in tobacco leaves and is hard to produce on a large scale.

The company did not reveal which nation received the doses, or how many were sent.

CNN reported that Liberia was to receive the sample doses.

The two American missionary workers who fell ill with Ebola while working in Monrovia last month were given doses of the drug.

Both have been transported to an isolation unit at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia, where they are receiving continuous care.

A Spanish priest who was sickened with Ebola has also been given a dose.

The ethics of distributing experimental medications to some people but not others was the focus of a special meeting of the World Health Organization on Monday.

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has repeatedly stressed that the drug’s effects are unknown, since it has not been through a process of rigorous clinical trials.

There is no medicine or vaccine for Ebola on the world market.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/doses-experimental-ebola-drug-sent-wafrica/

"The biomedical collaboration between US and Canadian researchers involves a drug that is manufactured in tobacco leaves and is hard to produce on a large scale". America don dey give us glue small small, after at least tobacco leave is in abundance in naija na

1 Like

Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by MrPresident1: 4:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
Sebi the Zmapp drug na from Tobacco dem manufacture am, make them give us order make we begin chop tobacco leave na

1 Like

Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by jude33084(m): 4:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
asha01:

"The biomedical collaboration between US and Canadian researchers involves a drug that is manufactured in tobacco leaves and is hard to produce on a large scale". America don dey give us glueclue small small, after at least tobacco leave is in abundance in naija na

You have a business mind bro wink
Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by Ivanspring(f): 4:12pm On Aug 12, 2014
Jclement: Hope Nigerians wnt start Cooking,bathing nd chewing Tobacco Leaves

I see this happening within 4days. This news will spread faster since its from the US.
Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
Even too,they re liars.

1 Like

Re: All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa by KUNZEH(m): 4:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
[quote author=gladpresh]we hv our own medicine called

:
:
.capital mumu
quote]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abibat Kehinde Welcomes Twins, Abandoned By Her Husband At Epe Hospital / Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method / Coronavirus: Nurses In Enugu Protest Over Lack Of Medical Equipment For Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.