Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget (10066 Views)

Okonjo-Iweala's Letter To Jonathan Asking For Permission To Send $300m To Dasuki / Kogi: Court Gives INEC Permission To Continue Election / Fashola Seeks Review Of Property Assessment Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by Boscojugunu(m): 10:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos state on Tuesday
urged the state House of Assembly to approve a request for
him to re - order the 2014 budget of the state .
The governor said in a letter , read by the clerk of the House ,
that the request had become very important for the
government to meet the demands and expectations of the
people .
Fashola said the re - ordering is proposed from the capital
expenditure provisions of ten agencies with a total value of
N 9.960 billion .
The governor said these demands have become “ sufficiently
compelling and cannot wait until 2015 . ”
In the letter titled ‘ Y 2014 Budget Re- Ordering Of Priorities ’ ,
Fashola said it would successfully help to take care of issues
incuding the reversal of LASU school fees , adding that, this
“ requires us to make provisions to cover LASU shortfall in
projected revenues in order to service the school. ”
The re - ordering would also assist the “unanticipated but very
urgent need to address the threat of the Ebola Virus epidemic
and also a need for counterpart funding request that will
enable the state to access developmental funds to install
solar power panels in 172 public schools and 11 primary
health centres in the first phase . ”
He said the request would not affect the original budget size
of N 489.69 billion passed by the House for the year .
“ We have discovered that there are still unutilised provisions
by some MDAs, which may remain so till year end .
“ Hence we are proposing to move such provisions to where
they are more urgently needed to enable the state government
address pressing needs in the areas identified above and
other areas like security, housing etc , ” he said.
Fashola further said the re - ordering would urgently address
some of the critical unbudgeted expenditure requests by
various ministries , departments and agencies .
“ We have received requests aggregating to the sum of
N 79 302 billion but will clearly be unable to accommodate
most of these request this year , ” he stressed .
The House , after deliberating the request, asked its committee
on Economic Planning and Budget to look into the it and
report back to the House on Thursday due to its urgency.

6 Likes

Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by Boscojugunu(m): 11:04pm On Aug 12, 2014
Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by oduastates: 11:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
A total disaster just because of dumb and shortsighted followership.
I was hoping Fashola's policy would be the beginning of the needed revolution in tertiary education.
A philipino nurse walks right from a Manila hospital straight into a British hospital while the Nigerian nurse would either have to take a 3 yrs degree or a bridging course.
A South African teacher also has the same advantage while our Phd would have to undergo retraining.
What is the use of half baked graduates who end up doing clerical work in the banking /telecoms industry ,the job of a technician in the oil industry and non- jobs in the civil service ?Money is being pulled from other sectors in order to satisfy the short-sightedness of a small section of the society.
Nigeria makes a mockery of university education.
The crooked and socially useless lecturers need that high population of half baked for their handout businesses to prosper.
The people I respected the most were those students who ran businesses to pay their way through school.the barber,hair dresser,kabu kabu,photocopier ,photographer etc.
Those people are actually the only ones who know the true value and cost of education just like all those western nations. .
I just hope the next governor of Lagos state will go in and jack up the standards.From entry requirements ,graduation requirements to the outright banning of the sale of handouts.
Also ,getting foreigners to set and mark examination will be a good idea.
You can be sure of thing, ;he student population will reduce drastically.
That way,you will get only those who belong within the four walls of a university .
Full scholarships for indigens and bright disadvantaged students only.

23 Likes

Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by mindurbiznes: 12:44am On Aug 13, 2014
hm
Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by QMark: 3:54am On Aug 13, 2014
Ok
Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by Nobody: 3:54am On Aug 13, 2014
Good...
Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by sirjohnson(m): 3:54am On Aug 13, 2014
ok
Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by tobounty(m): 3:55am On Aug 13, 2014
wooow!
Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by Nobody: 3:59am On Aug 13, 2014
angry
Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by disloman(m): 4:02am On Aug 13, 2014
oduastates: A total disaster just because of dumb and shortsighted followership.
I was hoping Fashola's policy would be the beginning of the needed revolution in tertiary education.
A philipino nurse walks right from a Manila hospital straight into a British hospital while the Nigerian nurse would either have to take a 3 yrs degree.
A South African teacher also has the same advantage while our Phd would have to undergo retraining.
What is the use of half baked graduates who end up doing clerical work in the banking /telecoms industry ,the job of a technician in the oil industry and no jobs in the civil service ?Money is being pulled from other sectors in order to satisfy the short-sightedness of a small section of the society.
The crooked and socially useless lecturers need that high population of half baked for their handout businesses to prosper.
The people I respected the most were those students who ran business to pay their way through school.the barber,hair dresser,kabu kabu,photocopier ,photographer etc.
Those people are actually the only ones who know the true value and cost of education just like all those western nations. .
I just hope the next governor of Lagos state will go in and jack up the standards.From entry requirements ,graduation requirements to the outright banning of the sale of handouts.
That way,you will get only those who belong within the four walls of a university .

GBAM.What can we do abt it?Just to keep enlighten pple ni.

4 Likes

Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by Nobody: 4:05am On Aug 13, 2014
Ebola wil surely enrich many Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by bunmioguns(m): 4:07am On Aug 13, 2014
They should allow him

Meanwhile, good news for we android and other phones user as there is no need to continue switching off your data connection... Please check https://www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391810. For more info and share in the testimony.... Please do not assume this is a scam... It is 100% real
Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by nexstorm(m): 4:23am On Aug 13, 2014
*Puts File inside drawer*...I would Sign that When am Back from Vacation..
Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by Nobody: 4:26am On Aug 13, 2014
I dey come first.., make I sleep small
Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by Adakofortune(m): 4:28am On Aug 13, 2014
gud mowin.
Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by moneyhungry(m): 4:28am On Aug 13, 2014
if you have any atom of hope in Nigerian politicians, you're misusing your mind.
-moneyhungry-
Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by afreekah: 4:29am On Aug 13, 2014
oduastates: A total disaster just because of dumb and shortsighted followership.
A philipino nurse walks right from a Manila hospital straight into a British hospital while the Nigerian nurse would either have to take a 3 yrs degree.
What is the use of half baked graduates who end up doing clerical work in the banking /telecoms industry ,the job of a technician in the oil industry and no jobs in the civil service ?Money is being pulled from other sectors in order to satisfy the short-sightedness of a small section of the society.
The people I respected the most were those students who ran business to pay their way through school.the barber,hair dresser,kabu kabu,photocopier ,photographer etc.

Nice said but the bold part would be a total disaster.

1 Like

Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by nexstorm(m): 4:32am On Aug 13, 2014

. Interesting! But do not Blame the baker,when the butcher Bakes the Bread. The Nigerian youth don't even have a clue about what they are Doing,so a blind lecturer still Feels like a god in his department even when the knowledge he carries is obsolete..

4 Likes

Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by theplanmaker: 4:53am On Aug 13, 2014
nexstorm: . Interesting! But do not Blame the baker,when the butcher Bakes the Bread. The Nigerian youth don't even have a clue about what they are Doing,so a blind lecturer still Feels like a god in his department even when the knowledge he carries is obsolete..

you seriously can't put the blame on the students. they are merely products of a failed system

1 Like

Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by nexstorm(m): 5:02am On Aug 13, 2014
theplanmaker:

you seriously can't put the blame on the students. they are merely products of a failed system
Who then is to make the Change? They The bulk still falls back on us..instead of fighting we spend our T.I.M.E and vigour on worthless things and pursuit.
Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by oduastates: 5:09am On Aug 13, 2014
afreekah:

Nice said but the bold part would be a total disaster.
Total disaster for those who do not belong within the 4 walls of a university.
Most of them will self-rusticate.
Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by Adyrin(m): 5:13am On Aug 13, 2014
This man don confuse ni?
Ogbeni manage W̶̲̥̅̊ђA̶̲̥̅t you have Ooº°
because we nor D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ there wen una D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ increase d fees. If he successfully went thru with the hike would have he been asking permission to share the gain?
APeiCes!
But on the e-Bola issue I feel they should grant listening ears!
Big man big trouble....thank God there's no international airport in ♍γ̲̣̣ beloved Delta State Ooº° (every disappointment is a blessing)
Make I sleep small
Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by Adyrin(m): 5:20am On Aug 13, 2014
[s][/s]
Enangson: Ebola wil surely enrich many Nigerians.

So you are just getting to notice?[color=#990000][/color]
Haba! Na wa for you Ooº° , I'm seriously waiting for that headline......[/b]FG DONATES 300BILLION NAIRA TO FAMILIES OF EBOLA DECEASED[b]
Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by collynzov5: 5:24am On Aug 13, 2014
So the much vaunted capital expenditure will now take a back seat for recurrent one?
Ok.

1 Like

Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by seuncyber(m): 5:39am On Aug 13, 2014
Hope this money is not meant for Election next year,cause 489 billion was 2014 burget and is not possible u have spend 70 percent of this money in lagos,cause most project in lagos is just 30percent done,with this news it show that we have failed leaders and government,so wat the percent of education in your burget and wat the percent of health.....this is just an avenue for them to make money again..
Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by macsika: 5:44am On Aug 13, 2014
Hmm. I smell serious fish.

1 Like

Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by Nobody: 5:52am On Aug 13, 2014
Let him...
Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by Nobody: 5:54am On Aug 13, 2014
more money for tinubu!!
Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by maingwaest(f): 6:14am On Aug 13, 2014
Ok.
Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by olasmith10(m): 6:15am On Aug 13, 2014
you guys saying he wants more money to loot, are u also saying this is a wrong move by BRF?
Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by chuksmarvin(m): 6:16am On Aug 13, 2014
A philipino nurse walks right from a Manila hospital straight into a British hospital while the Nigerian nurse would either have to take a 3 yrs degree or a bridging course.
What is the use of half baked graduates who end up doing clerical work in the banking /telecoms industry ,the job of a technician in the oil industry and non- jobs in the civil service ?Money is being pulled from other sectors in order to satisfy the short-sightedness of a small section of the society.

yhu ve only put my thoughts to a well constructed speech....The average American has to go through stringent measures and savings to go to college...such as opening a trust fund from birth et al....its a price they pay to be at the forefront of all spheres of life on the global scale.....The earlier we realise this the better....I attended OAU..and I tell you my tuition was incredibly cheap but it was starkly glaring that we could be among the best in the world...If our teaching aids, infrastructure and projects were top class....funding and education are intrinsically knotted together...to get the wool of success....have you ever wondered the UK hives billions of dollars to nations and yet has the most expensive schools....same with the US and Co....we can only see the truth if we decide to be blind to our poverty empathy of an excuse!....cheers

3 Likes

Re: LASU Fees,Ebola : Fashola Seeks permission To Re - Order Budget by Firefire(m): 6:38am On Aug 13, 2014
APC is strategizing towards 2015… Campaign moneygrin

Firefire: Dear APC South West,

We have been undaunted about your recent Greek gifts, it is a complete caricature of dividend of democracy, where have you been since 2011

Fashola reverting LASU School fees, Amosun following.

We believe this is a matter of political strategy that can be reverted once you gain power in 2015. {A case study of ACN. Kiting Okada riders in Lagos prior to election in 2011 only to ban okada after winning the election}

The state of all Lagos hinterland roads is in a state of mess, Isolo, Ketu, Badagry area, Ikotu etc.

Can you as a matter of importance declare a State of Emergency on all Rural Roads in Lagos.

Also, call your entire Local Government officials to begin serious work in their locality and stop all these sharing of LG Allocation.

I offer you this advice believing that we should get back from you the much you have stolen from the state.

APC, you are becoming unpopular and we are all waiting for 2015 to vote you OUT.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Buhari Has Done To Me; Now I Can't Feed (pics) / Military Warns Against Boko Haram Terrorist Escapees / Labour Unions In Dilemma Over Tariff Hikes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.