Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu (45892 Views)

Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin / KEAGBOREKUZI I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World / Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by MRLINGTON(m): 11:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
The heir apparent to the late Obi of Issele-Ukwu, Aniocha North Local Government Area of Delta State, Nduka Ezeagwuna, 20, has already been crowned by the community’s kingmakers. Nduka, a 300 level Chemical Engineering student of the University of Ibadan, is however, said to be regretting his inability to celebrate with his father, Henry Ezeagwuna, who was due to mark his birthday on August 28, 2014.

The Obi of Issele-Ukwu, who died in an auto crash along with Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan’s aide Sunny Ofili, at the weekend, was already distributing invitation cards for the birthday ceremony to well wishers before the tragic accident. A visit to the community showed that socio–economic activities in the town has become low keyed while residents were seen in groups discussing the demise of the monarch and worried about the identity of the lady inside the car who died alongside the monarch and the governor’s aide.

The governor’s aide, on his part, was said to have been assured by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the monarch and delegates alike of representing Aniocha North state constituency in 2015, just as everything has been provided by the decease to clinch the position.

The Onishe of Issele-Ukwu, a retired judge, Justice Azomani, performed the traditional rites of sitting the young monarch on the thrown awaiting full coronation later. Daily Independent source disclosed on Monday that the President General of the community, Cypril Ashibogwu, has directed that the market in the town is to remain closed for 21 days and that the market is to be relocated to somewhere else. The accident victims were burnt to death, as the Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) driven by the monarch burst into flames after hitting a truck laden with granite stones (Edo FUG 238 XA) from the rear at Otulu Junction on the Benin-Asaba- Onitsha expressway. Eyewitness account said following the accident, the rear tyros of the truck were deflated and the SUV burnt beyond recognition. Tears rolled down freely as rescue team made frantic effort to extricate the burnt corpses of the monarch and the aide that were trapped in the vehicle.

Source: http://www.dailyindependentnig.com/2014/08/20-year-old-undergraduate-crowned-king-issele-uku/
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Caseless: 11:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
And the royal imprisonment begings for this youngman; he must remain in d palace forever.

12 Likes

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 12, 2014
I want to be your friend, so we can rule together. Birds of a feather flock together.
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by adextetoo(m): 12:45am On Aug 13, 2014
Pinshure or ..... *you know the rest*

7 Likes

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by bunmioguns(m): 3:27am On Aug 13, 2014
I need pinshure just like the bald man above me to aid my doubting Thomas...

Meanwhile, good news for we android and other phones user as there is no need to continue switching off your data connection... Please check https://www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391810. For more info and share in the testimony.... Please do not assume this is a scam... It is 100% real
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Atmmachine(m): 3:30am On Aug 13, 2014
I became a king at the age of 19.
so,play safe & rule the people well
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by supercharged: 3:34am On Aug 13, 2014
Shoot!! i actually came in here to see a pic of the young King....

12 Likes

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by yinkarh187(m): 3:35am On Aug 13, 2014
i think dey should allow him to finish his education 1st or he'll be going to scu wit his guards nd maids

7 Likes

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by nairaman66(m): 3:35am On Aug 13, 2014
Hopefully if he learnt anything tangible from the university, he will be able to take his people to the promise land inshallah.

3 Likes

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by ifex370(m): 3:35am On Aug 13, 2014
hmmmmm see free space ooo grin

1 Like

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by sirjohnson(m): 3:40am On Aug 13, 2014
Haven't you all heard about King Oyo of Uganda who became king at age 3. Read about him HERE. The young man is about 18 years now. This is Africa and this is our tradition.
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Slymonster(m): 3:41am On Aug 13, 2014
there is no fun being king at a very young age if you are the grooving type,sitting in that palace discussing with very old men ahead of you can be so boring...

39 Likes

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Nobody: 3:42am On Aug 13, 2014
Good news for the young king may your father soul rest in perfect peace
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by LMAyedun(m): 3:51am On Aug 13, 2014
Congrats, the new youngest monarch in the land.

1 Like

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Mkpotu(m): 3:56am On Aug 13, 2014
this is pure imprisonment for the young lad. anyways I just feel for him.

8 Likes

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by EmmaOgbu(m): 3:59am On Aug 13, 2014
Rubbish, must I comment?

1 Like

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by brixton: 4:05am On Aug 13, 2014
Slymonster: there is no fun being king at a very young age if you are the grooving type,sitting in that palace discussing with very old men ahead of you can be so boring...

hahahah you are so wrong. Ask around about the Ogienenhi of Uzairue or the Onojie of Uromi (both in Edo state)... These guys are first class groovers cos they started tasting the good side of life from such young age.
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by celeron40(m): 4:06am On Aug 13, 2014
Nonsense...I hope the kid does not have to drop out for that trash...what relevance are those traditional rulers to the society anyway? To collect bribes from politicians? Attend ceremonies?

3 Likes

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by johnwizey: 4:10am On Aug 13, 2014
Him don graduate be dat na

7 Likes

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Nobody: 4:20am On Aug 13, 2014
This could pass for a standard nollywood movie

8 Likes

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Nobody: 4:24am On Aug 13, 2014
Do igbos do oro for the burial of their king?
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by moneyhungry(m): 4:31am On Aug 13, 2014
absolute nonsense.
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Adakofortune(m): 4:33am On Aug 13, 2014
gud mowin.
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by afreekah: 4:33am On Aug 13, 2014
Atmmachine: I became a king at the age of 19.

You made a typo, you meant to type 91 ? grin grin grin

35 Likes

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by free2ryhme: 4:33am On Aug 13, 2014
ok ooo
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by DaVinChiSam(m): 4:35am On Aug 13, 2014
I don't know why you guys are screaming... it's his birthright... undergraduate or not, infact if he was still in his diapers he would still be crowned... thats what royalty is about...

7 Likes

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by nexstorm(m): 4:36am On Aug 13, 2014
*olamide's Voice* Oga ade! E wo bi e ba de. Omo eru jo'ba. Igboro de mi lade... DaSsaLL!

6 Likes

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Nobody: 4:37am On Aug 13, 2014
There's no such thing as Chemical Engineering at the University of Ibadan.

Is the new king a fake student?

44 Likes

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by nexstorm(m): 4:38am On Aug 13, 2014
Atmmachine: I became a king at the age
of 19.
You made a typo, you meant to type 91 ?
Can't Stop laffing, laff she yaff want to key mi.. Him no know where him day...
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by M4gunners: 4:40am On Aug 13, 2014
Eze Nduka eje elunor.
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by premiums: 4:41am On Aug 13, 2014
Hope this will not stop him from graduting............rest in peace to the dead. Only God knows who the young lady was. This reminds me of a story told by a friend, hw his uncle GF died in an accident on her way back fr ABJ. When she came to visit him, He could not really mourn her for fear of his wife finding out.

8 Likes

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by naijaspeak(m): 4:48am On Aug 13, 2014
[size=20pt]This story reminds me of the present king in Agbor, Delta state who was crowned Obi of Agbor at a much younger age of 2. His father died when he was just a baby in his mother arm. But this news of the newly crowned Obi of Issele Uku is better because at 20 years he is an adult man that is old enough to marry a wife.

He should conclude his University Education by transfering to foreign university abroad. It is good for our king of nowadays to be highlly educated for them to provided the need counselling and guidance to their people.

I wish him a successful reign.[/size]

27 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8000-Year-Old Dufuna Canoe Discovered In Yobe By Fulani Herdsmen 1987 / Masquerade Lays Big Egg In Anambra State: Pictures & Video / Alaafin Of Oyo Visits Ayaba Maryam Adeniran Adeyemi, Wife Of His Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.