Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu (45891 Views)

Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin / KEAGBOREKUZI I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World / Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by OtunbaJega: 4:53am On Aug 13, 2014
That dirty village (No light, water ma wahala)...Reminds me of my NYSC days in Delta state

1 Like

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Nobody: 4:54am On Aug 13, 2014
Dat one na David shocked
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Aromas: 4:55am On Aug 13, 2014
naijaspeak: [size=20pt]This story reminds me of the present king in Agbor, Delta state who was crowned Obi of Agbor at a much younger age of 2. His father died when he was just a baby in his mother arm. But this news of the newly crowned king of Issele Uku is better because at 20 years he is an adult man that is old enough to marry a wife.

He should conclude his University Education by transfering to foreign university abroad. It is good for our king of nowadays to be highlly educated for them to provided the need counselling and guidance to their people.

I wish him a successful reign.[/size]
Long Live the king
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by sinokingz(m): 5:14am On Aug 13, 2014
The guy go sure die on time!
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Ifyjemila(f): 5:30am On Aug 13, 2014
Atmmachine: I became a king at the age of 19.
so,play safe & rule the people well
you can lie you think people dont know you?

1 Like

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Pavore9: 5:33am On Aug 13, 2014
Just like nollywood movies, dem go soon talk about him getting a wife!
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Snaaz(m): 5:36am On Aug 13, 2014
THERE IS NO DEPARTMENT OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERING IN THE UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN.

6 Likes

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Atmmachine(m): 5:43am On Aug 13, 2014
Ifyjemila: you can lie you think people dont know you?

Where do you knew me from ??

1 Like

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Slimmos(m): 5:46am On Aug 13, 2014
Picture plsssssssssss or I won't even believe it
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 13, 2014
ProfCorruption: There's no such thing as Chemical Engineering at the University of Ibadan.

Is the new king a fake student?
how can you say there is no chemical engineering in UI when they also have Petroleum and Gas Engineering
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 5:52am On Aug 13, 2014
University of Ibadan doesn't offer chemical engineering. What's with this report?

2 Likes

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by lonelydora: 5:56am On Aug 13, 2014
I want to be this king's friend. Reasons best known to me.
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Nobody: 6:07am On Aug 13, 2014
naijaspeak: [size=20pt]This story reminds me of the present king in Agbor, Delta state who was crowned Obi of Agbor at a much younger age of 2. His father died when he was just a baby in his mother arm. But this news of the newly crowned Obi of Issele Uku is better because at 20 years he is an adult man that is old enough to marry a wife.

He should conclude his University Education by transfering to foreign university abroad. It is good for our king of nowadays to be highlly educated for them to provided the need counselling and guidance to their people.

I wish him a successful reign.[/size]

The current ruler of Agbor was whisked away to the UK to go to school after his coronation....and returned to do the day to day business of rulership in his 20's
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by olumzzz(m): 6:08am On Aug 13, 2014
Only one word I see here. .....UKWU..All d gals 4 dat side go get am plenty b dat o

2 Likes

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Boyoboy9(m): 6:12am On Aug 13, 2014
No politics, No hard feelings
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by fiverrwin(f): 6:16am On Aug 13, 2014
MRLINGTON: The heir apparent to the late Obi of Issele-Ukwu, Aniocha North Local Government Area of Delta State, Nduka Ezeagwuna, 20, has already been crowned by the community’s kingmakers. Nduka, a 300 level Chemical Engineering student of the University of Ibadan, is however, said to be regretting his inability to celebrate with his father, Henry Ezeagwuna, who was due to mark his na waoo birthday on August 28, 2014.

The Obi of Issele-Ukwu, who died in an auto crash along with Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan’s aide Sunny Ofili, at the weekend, was already distributing invitation cards for the birthday ceremony to well wishers before the tragic accident. A visit to the community showed that socio–economic activities in the town has become low keyed while residents were seen in groups discussing the demise of the monarch and worried about the identity of the lady inside the car who died alongside the monarch and the governor’s aide.

The governor’s aide, on his part, was said to have been assured by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the monarch and delegates alike of representing Aniocha North state constituency in 2015, just as everything has been provided by the decease to clinch the position.

The Onishe of Issele-Ukwu, a retired judge, Justice Azomani, performed the traditional rites of sitting the young monarch on the thrown awaiting full coronation later. Daily Independent source disclosed on Monday that the President General of the community, Cypril Ashibogwu, has directed that the market in the town is to remain closed for 21 days and that the market is to be relocated to somewhere else. The accident victims were burnt to death, as the Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) driven by the monarch burst into flames after hitting a truck laden with granite stones (Edo FUG 238 XA) from the rear at Otulu Junction on the Benin-Asaba- Onitsha expressway. Eyewitness account said following the accident, the rear tyros of the truck were deflated and the SUV burnt beyond recognition. Tears rolled down freely as rescue team made frantic effort to extricate the burnt corpses of the monarch and the aide that were trapped in the vehicle.

Source: http://www.dailyindependentnig.com/2014/08/20-year-old-undergraduate-crowned-king-issele-uku/
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by priscaoge(f): 6:17am On Aug 13, 2014
Ochichi ka mma na Okorobia grin

2 Likes

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 13, 2014
All we are saying

show us a pishure!
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by pyyxxaro: 6:24am On Aug 13, 2014
grin
Atmmachine:

You have started smoking again........... Oya go Soak garri
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by pyyxxaro: 6:28am On Aug 13, 2014
Atmmachine: I became a king at the age of 19.
so,play safe & rule the people well

My Friend Fear this GOD o............ Am Warning you
grin
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by pazienza(m): 6:30am On Aug 13, 2014
olumzzz: Only one word I see here. .....UKWU..All d gals 4 dat side go get am plenty b dat o

Lol! The Ukwu there is not pronounced the same as the Ukwu that mean waist. Ukwu in Iselle-Ukwu, and other Igbo towns like Enugwu Ukwu, MbaUkwu, OgwashiUKWU,LokpaUKWU, AguUKWU nri,IgboUKWU, OhaUKWU( an LGA in Ebonyi), etc, mean Big/Great.

The opposite of Ukwu is Nta meaning small, you can hardly find Igbo towns with Nta attached these days, obviously, no one want to accept being small, but i know of a town in Abia named Lokpa Nta, nta is usually found attached to names of villages of a town, rather the town's name.

2 Likes

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by olumzzz(m): 6:35am On Aug 13, 2014
pazienza:

Lol! The Ukwu there is not pronounced the same as the Ukwu that mean waist. Ukwu in Iselle-Ukwu, and other Igbo towns like Enugwu Ukwu, MbaUkwu,LokpaUKWU, AguUKWU nri, etc, mean Big/Great.
lol...na d same tin na...Big/Great UKWU

2 Likes

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by dwag: 6:36am On Aug 13, 2014
Slymonster: there is no fun being king at a very young age if you are the grooving type,sitting in that palace discussing with very old men ahead of you can be so boring...
exactly my thought ...........especially if d dude never get much sence!
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by dwag: 6:40am On Aug 13, 2014
olumzzz: Only one word I see here. .....UKWU..All d gals 4 dat side go get am plenty b dat o
funny
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by pazienza(m): 6:42am On Aug 13, 2014
olumzzz:
lol...na d same tin na...Big/Great UKWU

Haha! Bad guy.
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Cway86(f): 6:43am On Aug 13, 2014
Whoooa good luck guy, Rip for ur dad that died with his girlfriend, Runs girls these will teach u lesson I suppose. Hmmm

Front page tin
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by GboyegaD(m): 6:51am On Aug 13, 2014
Closing the market for a day seem absurd let alone for 21 days. We need revisit this part of our culture.

2 Likes

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by aspirebig: 6:52am On Aug 13, 2014
The last time I checked, there is no Issele Ukwu in Delta state. There is issele Uku.

1 Like

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by donkross1(m): 6:59am On Aug 13, 2014
Olboi dat chick that broke up with him months back will be crying her eyes out now, Na she for be queen now oo buh she didn't know that the guy was a prince n taught she was better than him. #JustAtaught #OnlyAtaught
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by donkross1(m): 7:02am On Aug 13, 2014
Atmmachine:

................ Ghenghennnnn. Dem don catch am.
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Youngzedd(m): 7:14am On Aug 13, 2014
Long live the king.
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Wildemex92(m): 7:23am On Aug 13, 2014
aspirebig: The last time I checked, there is no Issele Ukwu in Delta state. There is issele Uku.

Yeah it's issele-uku and Not issele ukwu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8000-Year-Old Dufuna Canoe Discovered In Yobe By Fulani Herdsmen 1987 / Masquerade Lays Big Egg In Anambra State: Pictures & Video / Alaafin Of Oyo Visits Ayaba Maryam Adeniran Adeyemi, Wife Of His Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.