Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu (45877 Views)

Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin / KEAGBOREKUZI I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World / Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 13, 2014
What is this one saying sef? undecided are you quarelling with google?
careytommy:
how can you say there is no chemical engineering in UI when they also have Petroleum and Gas Engineering
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by tonychristopher: 7:27am On Aug 13, 2014
Some confused idiots said that Benin owns delta Igbo land I will want to know if they got express permission to crown ether young man from oba

This is a lesson to those Igbo that claim Beninheritage

Obi Oga adiri gi mma
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by PrinxArthur1(m): 7:29am On Aug 13, 2014
celeron40: Nonsense...I hope the kid does not have to drop out for that trash...what relevance are those traditional rulers to the society anyway? To collect bribes from politicians? Attend ceremonies?
Don't u ever insult OBI again, he won't drop out he 'll remain n the palace for 21 market days b4 coronation,then 'll go on with his academic studies
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by tonychristopher: 7:30am On Aug 13, 2014
pazienza:

Lol! The Ukwu there is not pronounced the same as the Ukwu that mean waist. Ukwu in Iselle-Ukwu, and other Igbo towns like Enugwu Ukwu, MbaUkwu,LokpaUKWU, AguUKWU nri,IgboUKWU, OhaUKWU( an LGA in Ebonyi), etc, mean Big/Great.

The opposite of Ukwu is Nta meaning small, you can hardly find Igbo towns with Nta attached these days, obviously, no one want to accept being small, but i know of a town in Abia named Lokpa Nta, nta is usually found attached to names of villages of a town, rather the town's name.

Lokpa nta and Owerri nta
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by obidaddy: 7:32am On Aug 13, 2014
[quote author=naijaspeak][size=20pt]This story reminds me of the present king in Agbor, Delta state who was crowned Obi of Agbor at a much younger age of 2. His father died when he was just a baby in his mother arm. But this news of the newly crowned Obi of Issele Uku is better because at 20 years he is an adult man that is old enough to marry a wife.

Yes you also reminded me that the late father of the present king of agbor was shot dead when he went to rob at night whilst he was the king of agbor.
And now we hear rumours there is no such department of chemical engineering in UI.
Lets verify these guys thoroughly, our society is full of decay. The closure of market for 21day in the 21st century over a mere ceremonial king is absurd
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Ifyjemila(f): 7:55am On Aug 13, 2014
Atmmachine:

Where do you knew me from ??
just bear it in maind i know you very well.
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 13, 2014
Hmmmm nice a King close to my home town so as am travelling nextweek as stop by to pay my homage( nd maybe c if I can make myself d new queen) hehehe
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Ifyjemila(f): 8:22am On Aug 13, 2014
Atmmachine:

Where do you knew me from ??
just bear it in mind that i know you very well.
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by evmandy(f): 8:28am On Aug 13, 2014
nairaman66: Hopefully if he learnt anything tangible from the university, he will be able to take his people to the promise land inshallah.
U re talkin as if dey taught u how to rule ur pple in university
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Yemlizzy(f): 8:32am On Aug 13, 2014
What a news! No pics ni?
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 13, 2014
Interesting development. I wonder where HRH would stay if he chooses to continue his education at our very dear University of Ibadan. Certainly not in Kuti Hall, Teddar Hall, Zik Hall, or worst of all, the ignominious 'Indi' Hall. Even the nearby BQs on Ijeoma Road hardly befit his new status. I suppose our VC would have to vacate the strategically located VC's Lodge for the young monarch. LOL.

By the way, never heard about Chemical Engineering in UI. Could it be Civil or Petroleum?

1 Like

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by akatonero(m): 8:46am On Aug 13, 2014
I was just rushing to see his picture grin grin grin grin grin picture pls
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by olumzzz(m): 8:56am On Aug 13, 2014
pazienza:

Haha! Bad guy.
grin .. Na so na
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by olumzzz(m): 8:57am On Aug 13, 2014
Ifyjemila: just bear it in mind that i know you very well.
Baby abeg u know me too na
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Ifyjemila(f): 9:06am On Aug 13, 2014
olumzzz:
Baby abeg u know me too na
my friend back off.
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by olumzzz(m): 9:25am On Aug 13, 2014
Ifyjemila: my friend back off.
Aunty jemila...Haba...Na fight?
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Ifyjemila(f): 9:33am On Aug 13, 2014
olumzzz:
Aunty jemila...Haba...Na fight?
No no no fight ke.
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by olumzzz(m): 9:52am On Aug 13, 2014
Ifyjemila: No no no fight ke.
Ok na... So hw come u're Ify(Ibo) and Jemila(Muslim)?
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Ifyjemila(f): 10:04am On Aug 13, 2014
olumzzz:
Ok na... So hw come u're Ify(Ibo) and Jemila(Muslim)?
Hahaha this question na jamb questionoooo.
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 13, 2014
A new duplex 4 sale @ old GRA Enugu. Has 6 bedrooms all in suite, 4 upstairs and 2 downstairs with big parlour,compound and C of O, #80 million asking. Want to lease or buy landed properties in Enugu? Looking 4 accomodation in Enugu? Cotact Mbaeze unique services on 08030888125, 07030529590,08089725197,or mbaezeo@gmail.com for genuine services.
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by olumzzz(m): 10:06am On Aug 13, 2014
Ifyjemila: Hahaha this question na jamb questionoooo.
U funny...I sent u a PM
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Ifyjemila(f): 10:11am On Aug 13, 2014
olumzzz:
U funny...I sent u a PM
ya i saw it.
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Franchise21(m): 10:29am On Aug 13, 2014
So painful cos d young monarch was my classmate in secondary school. Was d senior prefect wen we were in SS3. Plz, Nduka ain't 20yrs
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by pazienza(m): 10:34am On Aug 13, 2014
aspirebig: The last time I checked, there is no Issele Ukwu in Delta state. There is issele Uku.

Grow up. It's written as Issele Uku, just as Enugu, but in actual sense, it's pronounced and should be written as Ukwu and Enugwu, the removal of the 'w' there was 'anglicization', English alphabets lack the 'GW' and the 'KW' alphabets/diphthongs found in the Igbo 36 alphabets.

1 Like

Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by pazienza(m): 10:38am On Aug 13, 2014
tonychristopher:

Lokpa nta and Owerri nta

Thanks. Don't know how i forgot that one.
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by komek(m): 10:53am On Aug 13, 2014
Some pple too dey watch Home movies and it serious affecting there reasoning capacity.
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Octaves(m): 10:54am On Aug 13, 2014
good for him! i wouldn't take the throne even if it was free. traditional titles are not my cup of tea
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by fpeter(f): 10:58am On Aug 13, 2014
naijaspeak: [size=20pt]This story reminds me of the present king in Agbor, Delta state who was crowned Obi of Agbor at a much younger age of 2. His father died when he was just a baby in his mother arm. But this news of the newly crowned Obi of Issele Uku is better because at 20 years he is an adult man that is old enough to marry a wife.

He should conclude his University Education by transfering to foreign university abroad. It is good for our king of nowadays to be highlly [/b]educated for them to[b] provided the need counselling and guidance to their people.

I wish him a successful reign.[/size]

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU SIR THAT EVEN THE SUBJECTS SHOULD GET THE REQUIRED EDUCATION TO ENABLE THEM SPELL CORRECTLY
JUDGING FROM THE TEXTS ABOVE...........THANK YOU! grin
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by olumzzz(m): 11:06am On Aug 13, 2014
Ifyjemila: ya i saw it.
IFEOMA OOO...Am still waiting 4 ur reply ooo
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by nairaman66(m): 12:19pm On Aug 13, 2014
evmandy:
U re talkin as if dey taught u how to rule ur pple in university

Yes they do! Unless you have not been in the four walls of the university.. No insults..
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by Kennyfancy(m): 12:32pm On Aug 13, 2014
balamz: I want to be your friend, so we can rule together. Bird of the same feather flock together.
i guest u ar frm d north...becos u behave lik a cow
Re: 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu by solara: 12:45pm On Aug 13, 2014
MRLINGTON: The heir apparent to the late Obi of Issele-Ukwu, Aniocha North Local Government Area of Delta State, Nduka Ezeagwuna, 20, has already been crowned by the community’s kingmakers. Nduka, a 300 level Chemical Engineering student of the University of Ibadan, is however, said to be regretting his inability to celebrate with his father, Henry Ezeagwuna, who was due to mark his birthday on August 28, 2014.

The Obi of Issele-Ukwu, who died in an auto crash along with Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan’s aide Sunny Ofili, at the weekend, was already distributing invitation cards for the birthday ceremony to well wishers before the tragic accident. A visit to the community showed that socio–economic activities in the town has become low keyed while residents were seen in groups discussing the demise of the monarch and worried about the identity of the lady inside the car who died alongside the monarch and the governor’s aide.

The governor’s aide, on his part, was said to have been assured by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the monarch and delegates alike of representing Aniocha North state constituency in 2015, just as everything has been provided by the decease to clinch the position.

The Onishe of Issele-Ukwu, a retired judge, Justice Azomani, performed the traditional rites of sitting the young monarch on the thrown throne awaiting full coronation later. Daily Independent source disclosed on Monday that the President General of the community, Cypril Ashibogwu, has directed that the market in the town is to remain closed for 21 days and that the market is to be relocated to somewhere else. The accident victims were burnt to death, as the Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) driven by the monarch burst into flames after hitting a truck laden with granite stones (Edo FUG 238 XA) from the rear at Otulu Junction on the Benin-Asaba- Onitsha expressway. Eyewitness account said following the accident, the rear tyros of the truck were deflated and the SUV burnt beyond recognition. Tears rolled down freely as rescue team made frantic effort to extricate the burnt corpses of the monarch and the aide that were trapped in the vehicle.

Source: http://www.dailyindependentnig.com/2014/08/20-year-old-undergraduate-crowned-king-issele-uku/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8000-Year-Old Dufuna Canoe Discovered In Yobe By Fulani Herdsmen 1987 / Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep / Yoruba Oriki For Men And Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.