Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,980 members, 7,956,661 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:30 PM

INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola (8635 Views)

INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Winners Of Rivers Rerun Elections(photos) / Reception Given To Aregbesola From His Hometown Residents. / Photo:Chukwuemeka Ujam Caught With PVCs On March, Got INEC Certificate Of Return (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by koboko69: 11:56pm On Aug 12, 2014
Osun State Governor dedicates victory to Osun people, cautions security personnel

The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, on Tuesday issued a certificate of return to Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State who won the governorship election in the state last Saturday.

The certificate was presented to him by the supervising National Commissioner, Mohammed Wali, at the Commission’s headquarters in Osogbo, the state capital.

Speaking at the event, the Resident Electoral Commissioner, REC, of Osun, Olusegun Agbaje, charged the governor to be magnanimous in victory for the benefit if the state and its people.

He described the August 9 election as one in which INEC was determined more than before to conduct a free, fair and credible election and that the Commission stood tall with the way the election had gone in Osun.

Mr. Agbaje admitted that the election was not completely smooth because political leaders were not too careful in their utterances, which unnecessarily heated up the polity before the election proper.

“We at INEC by the judgement of international communities and observers are pleased that the Osun election is adjudged as the best in the country, though it was not completely smooth, utterances that overheated the polity among other allegations against INEC,” he said.

“Not bordered on these, the commission focused on conducting a free, fair and credible election. We ensured that the distribution of election materials was done without any hiccup, so also voting and accreditation was done without any hitch.

“We will continue to do everything possible to make INEC one of the best in the world. Political leaders must shun all election vices, they must educate their people against this, there is a pressing need for unity among political leaders and others,” the Commissioner pointed out.

The REC commended the people of Osun State for coming out enmasse to vote for their candidate which lend credence to what INEC has stressed on people’s votes will represent the outcome of election.
Responding, Mr. Aregbesola commended INEC for conducting a largely free and fair election which he scored as high as 75 per cent in performance.

He, however, advised the Commission to guard jealously vital electoral materials against being tampered with.

“I want to advise INEC to take seriously the security of election materials, they should be extra vigilant with the materials they used in election. We appeal to you to be alert and more determined to secure materials to avoid compromised staff to tamper with the materials, he said.

“I also want to commend other contestants who enriched the country’s democratic process, they must all come to us on how we can move forward our state. For those who are embittered, we are in no way inducing them not to chart the legal way to redress.

“We must add that while they are seeking redress in court, they can still join us on how we can give meaningful life to our people,” the governor stressed.

Mr. Aregbesola, who dedicated his victory to the people of Osun State for their steadfastness and unflinching support in voting for the continuation of his government, said no democratic mandate was inferior to the other.

He noted that for democracy to be meaningful, whatever honour was given to the president must be extended to anyone that is democratically elected.
On the conduct of the troops drafted to the state, the governor lamented that some of them acted in a manner completely contrary to the nation’s constitution by turning themselves into a terror gang shortly before and during the conduct of the election.
He condemned in strong terms harassment, intimidation and arbitrary arrest of members, supporters and chieftain of the All Progressives Congress on the eve of the election and the day it was held.

Mr. Aregbesola advised the security agencies to always sieve between genuine and wrong orders so as to know which one to carry out and one to turn down.
“I must commend the security agencies for their commitment to making the election a huge success and violence-free.
“However, one must not fail to mention the overzealousness of few of the security agencies, who in the name of obeying orders, ran riot and clamped down on innocent chieftains, members and supporter of our party. As security personnel, you constitutional role is to maintain law and order as well as protect the people of Nigerian.

“It is therefore criminal of any law enforcement agent to molest, harass or intimidate innocent people let alone killing a Nigerian. You must from now on develop the attitude of resisting wrong orders, which is antithetical to what constitution permits.

“Any order that is giving and which is not supported by the constitution is inimical to good governance and the rule of law. Therefore, whatever order that violates the constitution of Nigeria is criminal,” he said.

https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/166618-inec-presents-certificate-of-return-to-aregbesola.html

4 Likes

Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by koboko69: 11:58pm On Aug 12, 2014
I see some people faces spoiling like shit. Who squeeze face.....na en face go pain cheesy cheesy cheesy

Meanwhile in another news, oga jona commends INEC and security agents for a free and fair election...but Omisore and Osun PDP goes to tribunal alleging rigging.

Abeg which kain confused politcal party do this clowns belong? Bunch of loosers!!!

19 Likes

Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by Caseless: 12:02am On Aug 13, 2014
That's how we roll!
Bola ige's killer can go and be d govnor of ife state.

14 Likes

Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by Caseless: 12:05am On Aug 13, 2014
koboko69: cool
evn u? grin

1 Like

Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by koboko69: 12:07am On Aug 13, 2014
caseless: evn u? grin

I nor ready give those parasitic cankerworms that plot grin

4 Likes

Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by Caseless: 12:10am On Aug 13, 2014
koboko69:

I nor ready give those parasitic cankerworms that plot grin
i buy this post!

2 Likes

Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by EdCure: 12:12am On Aug 13, 2014
Victory always come when you are courageous and undaunted.

Congratulations to The Governor!

Shame on the retrogressive enemies of democracy!

5 Likes

Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by Nobody: 3:57am On Aug 13, 2014
Good...
Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by sirjohnson(m): 3:58am On Aug 13, 2014
welcome
Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by Nobody: 3:58am On Aug 13, 2014
ok
Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by bunmioguns(m): 3:58am On Aug 13, 2014
BREAKING NEWS!!! THIS JUST
HAPPENED
AT SENATOR OMISORE'S
RESIDENCE*
[Omisore punching calculator and
writing on his note pad. Then the
phone rings]
OMISORE: Hello! Who is this?
GEJ: It's me your President. Sorry
about the
loss ehn...This APC rascals are stubborn ooo.
OMISORE: Ha, my president, na so we
see
am ooo. In fact, that yeye
Raufu get juju.
[Continues punching calculator loudly]
GEJ: Iyiola, what is that sound I'm
hearing?
OMISORE: I'm calculating sir.
GEJ: Calculating what?
OMISORE: All the money that I've lost on
this election sir. Ha, owo
wo igbo ooo. With all the bags of
rice, salt
and gallons of kerosene.
GEJ: My friend stop that! Afterall, it is not
really ur money.
OMISORE: [Speaking in agony] What
do I do
about this 1,000 bottles
of champagne now! GEJ: 1,000 bottles of
what! Do you
plan to
open a bar?
OMISORE: No sir! I planned to use it
for
celebration when they declare me as winner
ni. Ha! Mo gbe
ooo.
GEJ: Stop that my friend! It is a
blessing in
disguise!
OMISORE: Blessing how! You know I'm not
from the royal family and
the Ooni of Ife has no plans to die
now. So
being king is not an
option. GEJ: I am making you an
ambassador. A
very special, very powerful
and very dignified ambassador.
OMISORE: [Quickly drops calculator]
Ambassador to where sir? GEJ: To Liberia.
You will have 3
private jets,
4 large mansions, fleets
of cars, several foreign accounts...
OMISORE: Ehnnnn!!!!
GEJ: Forget what you're thinking. You're a
man nw... We shall
provide you with golden gloves,
diamond
nose pads, extreme
security... [Omisore faints on the other end of
the line]
GEJ: Hello! Hello!! Hello!!! Chai!
Network
ehn..

Meanwhile, good news for we android and other phones user as there is no need to continue switching off your data connection... Please check https://www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391810. For more info and share in the testimony.... Please do not assume this is a scam... It is 100% real

13 Likes

Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by PaulJohn1: 3:58am On Aug 13, 2014
congrats Ogbeni and my people of Osun

2 Likes

Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by Nobody: 4:04am On Aug 13, 2014
caseless: That's how we roll!
Bola ige's killer can go and be d govnor of ife state.

And how about the people bola ige killed by telling bisi akande to sack teachers who dont teach science subjects in the year 2000?
Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by neuljosh(m): 4:05am On Aug 13, 2014
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by Kalvan1000: 4:06am On Aug 13, 2014

5 Likes

Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by LMAyedun(m): 4:09am On Aug 13, 2014
Congrats once again Ogbeni...
Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by shadyemmanuel(m): 4:16am On Aug 13, 2014
sorry i joined d wrong thread,.......i dnt belong to a group of cultist

1 Like

Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by Nobody: 4:18am On Aug 13, 2014
So PDP should go mob River Niger.

1 Like

Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by hensben(m): 4:19am On Aug 13, 2014
Congrats to him...He should return to work with immediate effect...No time
Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by alentyno: 4:22am On Aug 13, 2014
?
Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by kenbee(f): 4:27am On Aug 13, 2014
once again, congrats

Seriously, does the certificate imply that we should return the bags of rice given to us b4 election?

1 Like

Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by Adakofortune(m): 4:27am On Aug 13, 2014
gud mowin.
Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by hensben(m): 4:29am On Aug 13, 2014
@kalvan1000, There is something I have notice for few years now, APC campaign rally always have crowd following them while PDP look scanty most times, is it that nigerians are tired of PDP while they are still rigging themselves into power and forcing themselves into the masses neck or what?

6 Likes

Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by yinkarh187(m): 4:35am On Aug 13, 2014
wetin concern me

1 Like

Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by hensben(m): 4:35am On Aug 13, 2014
A country were tout, rascals n assassins govern leaned n charismatic professionals what do you expect.

A country were a zoologist with no law nor political science degree govern...naija I hail thee....I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by Kalvan1000: 4:38am On Aug 13, 2014
hensben: @kalvan1000, There is something I have notice for few years now, APC campaign rally always have crowd following them while PDP look scounting most times, is it that nigerians are tired of PDP while they are still rigging themselves into power and forcing themselves into the masses neck or what?

PDP is a dying party. We're witnessing the closing stages of its demise.

1 Like

Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by eligibility: 4:41am On Aug 13, 2014
bunmioguns:
BREAKING NEWS!!! THIS JUST
HAPPENED
AT SENATOR OMISORE'S
RESIDENCE*
[Omisore punching calculator and
writing on his note pad. Then the
phone rings]
OMISORE: Hello! Who is this?
GEJ: It's me your President. Sorry
about the
loss ehn...This APC rascals are stubborn ooo.
OMISORE: Ha, my president, na so we
see
am ooo. In fact, that yeye
Raufu get juju.
[Continues punching calculator loudly]
GEJ: Iyiola, what is that sound I'm
hearing?
OMISORE: I'm calculating sir.
GEJ: Calculating what?
OMISORE: All the money that I've lost on
this election sir. Ha, owo
wo igbo ooo. With all the bags of
rice, salt
and gallons of kerosene.
GEJ: My friend stop that! Afterall, it is not
really ur money.
OMISORE: [Speaking in agony] What
do I do
about this 1,000 bottles
of champagne now! GEJ: 1,000 bottles of
what! Do you
plan to
open a bar?
OMISORE: No sir! I planned to use it
for
celebration when they declare me as winner
ni. Ha! Mo gbe
ooo.
GEJ: Stop that my friend! It is a
blessing in
disguise!
OMISORE: Blessing how! You know I'm not
from the royal family and
the Ooni of Ife has no plans to die
now. So
being king is not an
option. GEJ: I am making you an
ambassador. A
very special, very powerful
and very dignified ambassador.
OMISORE: [Quickly drops calculator]
Ambassador to where sir? GEJ: To Liberia.
You will have 3
private jets,
4 large mansions, fleets
of cars, several foreign accounts...
OMISORE: Ehnnnn!!!!
GEJ: Forget what you're thinking. You're a
man nw... We shall
provide you with golden gloves,
diamond
nose pads, extreme
security... [Omisore faints on the other end of
the line]
GEJ: Hello! Hello!! Hello!!! Chai!
Network
ehn..

CONGRATULATION TO THE MAN OF THE MASSES.
BRAVO TO ÒGBÉNI RAUFU ÖMÖJU ÖMÖLÖ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RESULTPHOBIA FOR THE ENEMIES OF PROGRESS

Meanwhile, good news for we android and other phones user as there is no need to continue switching off your data connection... Please check https://www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391810. For more info and share in the testimony.... Please do not assume this is a scam... It is 100% real

1 Like

Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by nexstorm(m): 4:45am On Aug 13, 2014
Ogbeni raufu...The only *out-side child* Gomino.. *see index for meaning. [Br/]. -Omota-
Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by PastorOluT(m): 4:56am On Aug 13, 2014
?
Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by Aromas: 4:56am On Aug 13, 2014
caseless: That's how we roll!
Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by DaVinChiSam(m): 4:58am On Aug 13, 2014
ok

Re: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Aregbesola by sinokingz(m): 5:20am On Aug 13, 2014
So wetin concern us??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full Election Results From All The States / Umuahia North LG Workers Shut Down Council Over 4 Months Unpaid Salary / FG Recorded ₦3.94 Trillion Trade Deficit In Q1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.