Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

What Age To Stop Breastfeeding A Baby? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Age To Stop Breastfeeding A Baby? (3305 Views)

What Is The Appropriate Age To Register A Child In School? / Help A Nairalander, She's Breastfeeding A 4months Baby, Now She's Pregnant. / Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Age To Stop Breastfeeding A Baby? by propzncribz: 6:08am On Aug 13, 2014
I have a female client who I saw breastfeeding her toddler. He must have been close to two years old. I was gonna ask her but its not ethical to ask personal questions when working so decided to ask here. Mothers in the house, what is the longest you breastfed you kids or potential mothers, what's the longest period you will breastfeed you kids?
Re: What Age To Stop Breastfeeding A Baby? by macsika: 6:24am On Aug 13, 2014
For boys...
Mothers should stop at 18 months.
Nanny continues from 18 months to 10 yrs.
A younger baby sitter continues from 10 to 15yrs.
Girlfriend and bestfriend comtinues from 15 to when you're married. While the wile continues for ever.

DOn't judge me oh, who doesn't like natural milk. grin
Re: What Age To Stop Breastfeeding A Baby? by beeevan: 6:49am On Aug 13, 2014
1 yr max, but it's her child, breast milk is always OK. She can breast feed him to adulthood if she wants.

3 Likes

Re: What Age To Stop Breastfeeding A Baby? by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 13, 2014
Till the child starts to bite.
Re: What Age To Stop Breastfeeding A Baby? by thorpido(m): 7:05am On Aug 13, 2014
^^Lol......dem no go tell am to stop when d baby begin bite.
1 year is ok.The rest na play play.As long as d breast is producing milk she can continue.
Re: What Age To Stop Breastfeeding A Baby? by rajidgreat(m): 7:13am On Aug 13, 2014
wat if she stops 1 yr and d breast continue to produce milk
Re: What Age To Stop Breastfeeding A Baby? by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 13, 2014
YorubaJesus: Till the child starts to bite.
You are very wicked.
Re: What Age To Stop Breastfeeding A Baby? by emmyw(m): 7:15am On Aug 13, 2014
Just don't know.
Re: What Age To Stop Breastfeeding A Baby? by bellong: 7:17am On Aug 13, 2014
Medical science says two years with minimum of six months exclusive.

However, it is none of anybody's business when a mother stops breastfeeding her child.
Re: What Age To Stop Breastfeeding A Baby? by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 13, 2014
Icherishu:
You are very wicked.

You sound bitter, why?
Re: What Age To Stop Breastfeeding A Baby? by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 13, 2014
YorubaJesus:

You sound bitter, why?
Biko bitter about what? What I said was a joke. That how can u advise that the woman should breastfeed until the child's start biting her.
Re: What Age To Stop Breastfeeding A Baby? by bintudon(f): 10:54am On Aug 13, 2014
The best is 2yrs, all my kids stop at 2yrs

2 Likes

Re: What Age To Stop Breastfeeding A Baby? by snazzylove: 11:16am On Aug 13, 2014
I stop at 6months. Max 8months. Never done up to 1yr. Datz d best 4 me.
Re: What Age To Stop Breastfeeding A Baby? by egopersonified(f): 12:25pm On Aug 13, 2014
I always stop at a year, if the baby likes, he can do fasting and all night crying for three days, a year is a year.

3 Likes

Re: What Age To Stop Breastfeeding A Baby? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 13, 2014
snazzylove: I stop at 6months. Max 8months. Never done up to 1yr. Datz d best 4 me.

It's up to you and your baby to decide when to start weaning but at six months, I think it's way toooo early. Considering the fact that toddlers starts to digest ‘properly’ at that age, I think at minimum a year should do. But like I said, it's up to you and your baby.

1 Like

Re: What Age To Stop Breastfeeding A Baby? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 13, 2014
YorubaJesus: Till the child starts to bite.

So true
As soon they grow teeth,it is time to stop
Usually around 6-8months
Re: What Age To Stop Breastfeeding A Baby? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2014
1year max...
Re: What Age To Stop Breastfeeding A Baby? by babysugar1(f): 7:58pm On Aug 13, 2014
Am abt to to stop breastfeeding my baby cos he wil be a year soon... but I don't knw hw he wil be able to slip at nyt cos he doesn't take bottle. I gve him cerelac with spoon during the day but I no knw hw I go do am for nite
Re: What Age To Stop Breastfeeding A Baby? by bintudon(f): 8:28pm On Aug 13, 2014
Has anyone heard of breastmilk donation in the hospital?what is this world turning to?
Re: What Age To Stop Breastfeeding A Baby? by Katier00(f): 9:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
My first was 10 months and my last baby was 9 months, the got used to formula and odinary food

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: The Wedding Of Identical twins.. / My Wife Denied Me From Having S*x Since I Lost My Job Nigerian Man Cries / Is It Wrong For A Man To Ask His Wife To Help Pay For Children School Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.