Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,572 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Amaechi Laments Poor Funding Of NYSC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Laments Poor Funding Of NYSC (720 Views)

We Haven’t Recovered From Fighting Obasanjo, PDP Laments / FG Laments Poor Public Support For Anti-graft War / Agbaje Laments Poor Turnout Of Voters In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Laments Poor Funding Of NYSC by numen(m): 5:14pm On Aug 13, 2014
BY JIMITOTA ONOYUME
PORT HARCOURT: GOVERNOR Chibuike Amaechi has enjoined the federal government to effectively fund the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC.

The governor who spoke yesterday when the National Governing Board of thr NYSC paid him a courtesy visit in Government House, Port Harcourt said state governments were being made to shoulder responsibilities of the federal government.

Continuing, governor Amaechi who called for more attentio for the NYSC said the seeming neglect from the federal government was making corps members go through challenges,

“I don’t know if you realise that NYSC is a Federal scheme. If you know it’s a federal scheme, why are you transferring responsibility to the State government? Even the allowances we are paying, we are not supposed to pay.

I served in Abuja, nobody paid me one dime outside what the Federal Government paid us as allowance. The vehicles the youth service was using in Abuja were bought by the Federal Government, why then do we transfer Federal Government responsibility to the States?” Amaechi asked.

“We are virtually funding all Federal agencies in the state. If we don’t want NYSC then we should say we don’t want NYSC, but it solves a lot of problems for us and when I say us, I mean the nation, including the fact that it creates temporary employment for corps members for one year.

“But the most important thing is that the Federal Government should stand and take over their responsibilities, because at the end of the day, we would all go to the Federation Account meeting and everybody will take their own share; and then they transfer their responsibility to us. “, he said.

“I am not saying we would not assist NYSC, we have always done that but what I am saying is that most of these responsibilities are Federal Government responsibilities.

So when you finish addressing me, please go and address the Director General of the NYSC board to simply ask the Federal Government to make funds available to you or to the NYSC,” he added.

Earlier, Tijani Adekambi who led the NYSC delegation thanked the governor for the support to the NYSC, adding that they were in the state to inspect facilities of the scheme.

“I wish to express deep appreciation for the support your government has given to the NYSC scheme and which you have continued to give. “, he said,

SOURCE: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/amaechi-laments-poor-funding-nysc/
Re: Amaechi Laments Poor Funding Of NYSC by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 13, 2014
I want to debate this NYSC bullsht with someone, I just don't know it's usefulness.

If Ameachi is this so called "progressive", why then can't he raise salient points regarding the scheme, like:

What the fck is the NYSC, and why do we need it?
Re: Amaechi Laments Poor Funding Of NYSC by VOICEOFTHEMASES: 8:20pm On Aug 13, 2014
Seriously sometimes governor ameachi talks like a man that eat from his ass, seriously speaking. How can a governor be addressing pipo that came to visit him like dis? Must Ameachi try to run down FG in everytin? Beside was in not president GEJ tat increased corpers allowance from 9k to 19k.over 110%. Why is ameachi sounding like corpers r bin owed salaries by FG. Beside are dis same corpers not working in state own Organisations? So wat is bad in paying corpers allowance for working for u MR I too know? Abg make dis man go sleep if emm no get talk. He keep making people hate him more.
Re: Amaechi Laments Poor Funding Of NYSC by oduastates: 8:23pm On Aug 13, 2014
That relic should be discarded into the trash bin of history .
Re: Amaechi Laments Poor Funding Of NYSC by Seeeeeeee: 8:33pm On Aug 13, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: Amaechi Laments Poor Funding Of NYSC by CharlesPhc: 9:05pm On Aug 13, 2014
Please can someone update me with the current state govt allowee for corpers that Govt Amaechi is lamenting over? In my time in the Seat of the Caliphate it was N5k from State and N15k from Federal...!!! If Gov. Amaechi is complaining about the monies RS pays the Corper and feels that only Federal Allowee should be paid then these Corpers should all have their Primary Assignments done in Federal Govt. Agencies within these respective states. Afterall, the states govts. benefits more than the FG in the scheme so what's the big deal sharing the responsibilities? No pain, no gain...!!! Gov. Amaechi should pls grow up...!!!
Re: Amaechi Laments Poor Funding Of NYSC by ratiken(m): 9:09pm On Aug 13, 2014
Who still reads from Amaechi?
Very predictable political nonentity.

(1) (Reply)

So Jonathan Allowed Aregbesola To Win ? / Boko Haram Declares Caliphate / Requiem Mass For Late Prof Dora Akunyili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.