Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,121 members, 7,845,727 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

If APC Must Criticize President GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If APC Must Criticize President GEJ (483 Views)

Sadly Enough, Nothing To Criticize President BUHARI For Yet: / "As The Guardian Newspaper Has Done, APC Must Apologise For Lying" - Fayose / Chibok: ‘it’s Very Easy To Criticize Jonathan Without All The Details’ – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If APC Must Criticize President GEJ by semochendo1(m): 6:54pm On Aug 13, 2014
I may watch people criticizing President GEJ on anything, but not on election matters.

Nigeria witnessed the most free and fair election in a smooth democratic dispensation under his leadership. *I don't want any June 12 advocates to talk here, credibility of an electioneering process is a function of It's pre and post election matters, besides, it was conducted under military dictatorship and not democracy*. We all know how PDP was unbeatable under the Ebora of Owu, OBJ, unlike now, when we watch them losing to strong opposition as witnessed in Edo, Ondo, Imo Anambra and Osun.

President GEJ's leadership has redefined politics and political mentality, it has placed value on the electorates over political godfatherism cum manipulations. It has made politicians to sit up and have a change in political ideology. I think for this, Mr President should be appreciated, though, the general election awaits my final appraisal of this unprecedented political transparency.

At this point, as a matter of fact, I think ACN members should learn to criticize objectively. Why should anyone think the presence of security operatives was meant to scare away people from voting, the statement, in my opinion, is utterly ridiculous and undermines the voters understanding of their civic rights, in fact, their confidence. Why should the presence of security men scare someone who is out to vote and not cause violence ? It should rather give electorates the confidence and assurance of security.

However, instead of appreciating the security measures put in place to safeguard the lives of the electorates and their votes, the ACN members began to cry foul that it was meant to perpetrate rigging, thinking they will lose, and when they eventually won, the shameless same people stylishly began to appreciate the security measures, which they've initially condemned.

Politics, as dirty as may be tagged, if maturely, objectively, sincerely and intellectually played, will be the most adventurous and interesting event/game that produces the best, credible and reliable leaders.
Re: If APC Must Criticize President GEJ by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 13, 2014
PDP lost control of Anambra and Kano states during Obasanjo's administration, so what's your point?
Re: If APC Must Criticize President GEJ by semochendo1(m): 3:52pm On Aug 14, 2014
OseghaleEbosele: PDP lost control of Anambra and Kano states during Obasanjo's administration, so what's your point?

I wish you understand the politics they played then.

(1) (Reply)

Accord Party Chides Ajimobi Over WAEC Fees / If Police Kills Innocent Nigerian - Risk Jungle Justice / Ikimi Blasts Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.