Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 (54504 Views)

What Is The Abuja Declaration Of 1989 And Have You Seen The Edited Declaration. / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Abuja Declaration 1989 (part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 by Freest(m): 8:28pm On Aug 13, 2014
I got this and needed to share for every Christian Believer to read and gain understanding

Abuja Declaration (1989)
The Abuja Declarion is the outcome of a conference of the African countries of the (OIC) in 1989 and launched by a communiqué of the Islam in Africa Organisation (IAO) founded during this conference.

The Islam in Africa Organisation (IAO) is a Nigerian satuted Islamic organisation, an initiative of the Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC).

Dr. Usman Muhamad Bugaje is the current Secretary-General of the IAO,

The organisation was founded on 28 November 1989 in Abuja,[1] Nigeria, with the goal to win the whole of Africa for Islam. The statutes and goals[2][3] are ratified in 1991 and this marks her formal definitive founding. The founding-communiqué is also called the Abuja Declaration.[4] Startingpoint for the conference is the fact that Africa is the only continent with an Islamic majority and therefore Africa should fairly represent Islam in government and civic life[5]
The plan contains a lot of points that are also common for Christian missionary organisations as relief and economic progression.

To promote the unity and solidarity of the Muslim ummah throughout Africa and the rest of the world and to support, encourage and enhance Islamic propagation and resurgence generally. To promote peace, harmony and human development and strive to remove all forms of discrimination, human exploitation and oppression especially in Africa and the world in general. To support, enhance and coordinate Da'wah work in all parts of Africa and propagate the knowledge of Islam throughout the continent. To promote the dissemination of the knowledge of sharia and support its application to Muslim communities in Africa. To strive for the evolution of the economies of the ummah in conformity with the sharia and the attainment of economic self-sufficiency and self-reliance in Africa by promoting industrialization, trade and overall economic development. To encourage and support human resource development programme in Africa, particularly the education and development of the Muslim youth and to ensure that women are accorded their rightful place in society as enshrined in the sharia. To serve as a mouthpiece for the articulation of issues of common concern to Muslim communities in Africa and the rest of the world. To undertake research and publications on all aspects of Islamic history and Islamic intellectual heritage in Africa. To undertake the translation of Islamic works into various African languages and their dissemination. To promote the learning of Arabic language throughout Africa. To promote respect and undertake measures for relief and comfort of those in distress in Africa and other parts of the world. To promote respect for human rights and dignity and to support, with appropriate means, all causes of general justice and freedom throughout the world. To cooperate with other national and international bodies to uplift human dignity and enhance human welfare in Africa and in the world in. The IAO consists of four main organisations:[6

(Obtainable via google)
Re: A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 by Kagarko(m): 6:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
Freest: I got this and needed to share for every Christian Believer to read and gain understanding

Abuja Declaration (1989)
The Abuja Declarion is the outcome of a conference of the African countries of the (OIC) in 1989 and launched by a communiqué of the Islam in Africa Organisation (IAO) founded during this conference.

The Islam in Africa Organisation (IAO) is a Nigerian satuted Islamic organisation, an initiative of the Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC).

Dr. Usman Muhamad Bugaje is the current Secretary-General of the IAO,

The organisation was founded on 28 November 1989 in Abuja,[1] Nigeria, with the goal to win the whole of Africa for Islam. The statutes and goals[2][3] are ratified in 1991 and this marks her formal definitive founding. The founding-communiqué is also called the Abuja Declaration.[4] Startingpoint for the conference is the fact that Africa is the only continent with an Islamic majority and therefore Africa should fairly represent Islam in government and civic life[5]
The plan contains a lot of points that are also common for Christian missionary organisations as relief and economic progression.

To promote the unity and solidarity of the Muslim ummah throughout Africa and the rest of the world and to support, encourage and enhance Islamic propagation and resurgence generally. To promote peace, harmony and human development and strive to remove all forms of discrimination, human exploitation and oppression especially in Africa and the world in general. To support, enhance and coordinate Da'wah work in all parts of Africa and propagate the knowledge of Islam throughout the continent. To promote the dissemination of the knowledge of sharia and support its application to Muslim communities in Africa. To strive for the evolution of the economies of the ummah in conformity with the sharia and the attainment of economic self-sufficiency and self-reliance in Africa by promoting industrialization, trade and overall economic development. To encourage and support human resource development programme in Africa, particularly the education and development of the Muslim youth and to ensure that women are accorded their rightful place in society as enshrined in the sharia. To serve as a mouthpiece for the articulation of issues of common concern to Muslim communities in Africa and the rest of the world. To undertake research and publications on all aspects of Islamic history and Islamic intellectual heritage in Africa. To undertake the translation of Islamic works into various African languages and their dissemination. To promote the learning of Arabic language throughout Africa. To promote respect and undertake measures for relief and comfort of those in distress in Africa and other parts of the world. To promote respect for human rights and dignity and to support, with appropriate means, all causes of general justice and freedom throughout the world. To cooperate with other national and international bodies to uplift human dignity and enhance human welfare in Africa and in the world in. The IAO consists of four main organisations:[6

(Obtainable via google)

These types of information that are aimed at causing more impunity and hatred among the citizens are suppose not to be honored by the admin of this site. Its unfortunate that civilized people will monger this in the social media without a source.

1 Like

Re: A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 by Leonweze(m): 7:49am On Oct 06, 2014
It is either you are a fool, or a muslim..because u can't tell me that the mention of islam and sharia in the nigeria constitution is a mistake..and that the truth shouldn't be revealed. Go to google and type Abuja declaration 1989 and see for your self. You don't just say all sought of rubish without asking..if you are a christain and you are posting the foolish reply, then you are foolish than a fool, and if care is not taken, you will die a fool..

4 Likes

Re: A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 by rufychuks: 6:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
This is getting scary. I googled Abuja Declaration 1989 and the information I obtained is very disheartening.
http://kingdomnewsng.com/news/103-beware-abuja-declaration-has-been-edited

1 Like

Re: A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 08, 2014
Re: A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 by tomakint: 4:16am On Dec 29, 2014
shockwave91:
The disheartening thing here is that most southerners don't know the amount of trouble we are in. I got an audio file if ur interested @ Freest but i don't know how to share it ova here
It's a pity many Southerners that are Christians are still in one long sleep, perhaps snoring heavily in daytime when they ought to be watchmen. Concerning the audio file, is it the one by one Redeemed Pastor formerly heading RCCG in Germany?

1 Like

Re: A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 06, 2015
shockwave91:
The disheartening thing here is that most southerners don't know the amount of trouble we are in. I got an audio file if ur interested @ Freest but i don't know how to share it ova here

I listened to that tape today & I am shocked. We Southern Christians are obviously unaware of what the Holy Spirit is saying in the now. Somebody should wake us up fast. We are at the verge of loosing our Christian heritage. I am going to use whatever means available to me to circulate that tape. I am worried and agitated. Every Nigerian Christian should listen to this tape over and over again until the truth sinks and we are galvanized into taking action, individually-by serious prayers, dissemination of info about the Islamic Agenda, collectively, by formulating our own Christian Agenda that will center on how to counter the islamization of Nigeria. Christians wake up. Our Chritian leaders are not in tune with what is happening. Each Leader is building his own kingdom on earth and fighting over trivialities. They are unable to see the larger picture. Men and Brethren wake up

2 Likes

Re: A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 by ezeonline2(m): 2:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
misterme:

I listened to that tape today & I am shocked. We Southern Christians are obviously unaware of what the Holy Spirit is saying in the now. Somebody should wake us up fast. We are at the verge of loosing our Christian heritage. I am going to use whatever means available to me to circulate that tape. I am worried and agitated. Every Nigerian Christian should listen to this tape over and over again until the truth sinks and we are galvanized into taking action, individually-by serious prayers, dissemination of info about the Islamic Agenda, collectively, by formulating our own Christian Agenda that will center on how to counter the islamization of Nigeria. Christians wake up. Our Chritian leaders are not in tune with what is happening. Each Leader is building his own kingdom on earth and fighting over trivialities. They are unable to see the larger picture. Men and Brethren wake up
. How do we get the audio
Re: A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 by Raxxye(m): 5:49am On Jan 09, 2015
My dear, I am scared to my bones after listening to that tape today.
The example of Turkey is really worth pondering over. To think that Turkey, which is currently over 96% Muslims was once a Christian country is enough food for thought. Islam overthrew Christianity there and converted the churches to mosques! Now Christianity is about 0.2% in Turkey.

2 Likes

Re: A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 by EsperaSoft: 5:21pm On Feb 11, 2015
can someone send me that tape or a link to download it. Thanks. My email is esperanzagroup40@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 by Nobody: 3:06am On Feb 12, 2015
On the tape, upload it to Google drive/drop box, create a link so we can hear the conspiracy. Am above not beneath.
Re: A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 by usmanjay(m): 7:58pm On Jun 30, 2015
please how can one get this tape
Re: A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 by Samunique(m): 10:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
Kagarko:

These types of information that are aimed at causing more impunity and hatred among the citizens are suppose not to be honored by the admin of this site. Its unfortunate that civilized people will monger this in the social media without a source.
U don't need to defend what u do not know or sure of.

The information u see here is genuine and authentic, many Christians in Nigeria and beyond are aware of this, it's just that we don't carry it on our heads.
If u doubt it, then ask Google about " Abuja 89 declaration."

Investigate before u judge " Mr double standard !!!

Hypocrite undecided
Re: A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 by GenBada: 3:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
This topic is real,this was the exact thing that happened in Turkey.Turkey used to be a land for christians alone before.Now,they have wiped out all the christians in what they called "jihad".How long do we want to be killing other people because of religion? If your religion is good and truly supports peace,why must you kill people so that they can forcefully be part of you? God is watching and the blood you have shed will haunt you.

1 Like

Re: A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 by truthman2012(m): 5:17pm On Aug 02, 2015
rufychuks:
This is getting scary. I googled Abuja Declaration 1989 and the information I obtained is very disheartening.
http://kingdomnewsng.com/news/103-beware-abuja-declaration-has-been-edited

Buhari seems to have been fulfilling the area of appointing muslims into strategic positions.

These people should be careful if they want peace in the country.

1 Like

Re: A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 by LordReed(m): 7:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
Even if there is a conspiracy, I am not seeing it in this declaration. The wording of this declaration shows no form of belligerence towards people of other faith or belief system (or lack thereof) so what exactly is the point of posting it here?
Re: A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 by oja1185(m): 6:18am On Dec 22, 2015
truthman2012:

Buhari seems to have been fulfilling the area of appointing muslims into strategic positions.

These people should be careful if they want peace in the country.

The truth is dat We already lost if Nobody is interested in doing anything but Support Biafra .Little wonder they don't want that and now they have stepted up their bid faster
Re: A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 by adimoh99(m): 3:32pm On Feb 09, 2016
Nigeria being islamised is no longer news I think what is important is for the Christians to stand out for what is right, let the "men of God" stop chasing after politicians for what they will benefit. Only very few men of God have seen this coming and am sure their prayers will prevail. Now the big questions are, How many pastors today are into missionary? how many pastor today are ready to donate for evangelism and for the propagation of God's work? Instead churches have become a money making venture even some dubious ones will go to the extent of getting powers just to make the miracle chasers believe and pay heavy tithes and offering. Well am not surprised for even the bible said it that judgement will start from the house of God. Lets for once be sincere to ourselves and do aways with self acclaimed holiness, Let's go back and find where we've missed it. I wish us all the very best.

1 Like

Re: A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 by DonBobes(m): 2:38pm On Aug 10, 2016
Well have gone through this article & I am a bit worried though. I have always say this : the war an individual, a society, community or the country as a whole should avoid is that of religion. because even those that will start it will not be alive to witness its end. that is if & only if there is even an end in sight.
Re: A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 by henroe2k2(m): 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2016
Re: A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 by 9aijaPappi: 10:25am On Feb 27, 2018
please send the tape to:
chinwealth@gmail.com
Re: A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 by onyfrank: 8:51am On Sep 17, 2018
Na wa o.
Re: A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 by Kinzeyfranks(m): 7:25am On Jun 03, 2019
shockwave91:

Please I need the Audio file. How can I get it?
Re: A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 by Kinzeyfranks(m): 7:27am On Jun 03, 2019
9aijaPappi:
please send the tape to: chinwealth@gmail.com
Were you sent the Audio file? If yes, could you please forward it to kinzeyfranks1@gmail.com too?

(1) (Reply)

"My 2-Year-Old Son Killed This Black Snake" - Mum Says, Thanks God / Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 / South African Policeman Prays Before Arresting Pastor Who Defied Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.