Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

MAN\WOMAN Contributing Money To Finance Their Wedding. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / MAN\WOMAN Contributing Money To Finance Their Wedding. (1022 Views)

Checkout How Couples Who Met At The Club Dance At Their Wedding - Photo / Are Husbands Contributing To Their Wives Stubbornness? / What Makes A Man/woman Responsible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MAN\WOMAN Contributing Money To Finance Their Wedding. by profjendor(m): 11:38pm On Aug 13, 2014
I was discussing with my mum some days back about my uncle who is planning his wedding in a few months time, an argument came up between us about who should spend the whole expenses of the wedding..I was telling her, if a budget for the wedding is estimated to be 600k, the guys shouldn't just spend his life savings or resort to loans or borrowing. This should be splitted with his fiancee if not even 50% each, atleast she should be able to raise 200k outta 600k, but as a typical Nigerian,my mum started arguing on the fact that my dad paid his bride price without her giving him any money,I told her the days of a guy spending all him money on wedding is over, moreover wedding is not even an investment..... People in the house, Do u think atleast there should be a significant financial contribution from the female because my argument is based on the fact that they are both getting wedded, aiint they?
Re: MAN\WOMAN Contributing Money To Finance Their Wedding. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 13, 2014
I believe shouldering responsibility for marriage should be done by both if they are working. leaving it for only the man is wrong.
Where the can afford it, let him do it

1 Like

Re: MAN\WOMAN Contributing Money To Finance Their Wedding. by KanwuliaJara: 12:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
In this day and age with working WOMEN? undecided
Re: MAN\WOMAN Contributing Money To Finance Their Wedding. by 5minsmadness: 12:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
It should be shared. But not equally angry
70/30 with the man taking the bulk.
Or kpatakpata 60/40.
And the man MUST use his own earned money to pay bride price. cool

1 Like

Re: MAN\WOMAN Contributing Money To Finance Their Wedding. by temi4fash(m): 12:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
Bride price is one of smallest if not d smallest thing to be worried abt it... The whole wedding expense.. Apart from d bride price I tink everyoda thing should be shared..
Re: MAN\WOMAN Contributing Money To Finance Their Wedding. by profjendor(m): 1:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
Nw the men are talking......let the women come here to give their own view on the issue.
Re: MAN\WOMAN Contributing Money To Finance Their Wedding. by royalsweetness(f): 1:32pm On Aug 14, 2014
I believe the man should pay the bride price all by himself but all other costs concerning entertainment, white wedding and all the other unneccesary drama should be shared equally between the man and the woman. Or the richer person, whatever gender should carry the heavier responsibility.

1 Like

Re: MAN\WOMAN Contributing Money To Finance Their Wedding. by bukatyne(f): 1:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
royalsweetness: I believe the man should pay the bride price all by himself but all other costs concerning entertainment, white wedding and all the other unneccesary drama should be shared equally between the man and the woman. Or the richer person, whatever gender should carry the heavier responsibility.

Good one
Re: MAN\WOMAN Contributing Money To Finance Their Wedding. by Godmystrength: 2:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
well i don't think i know the standard way but in my own case, my husband's family took care of the engagement list i.e the yams, oil, box of clothes for bride etc. I didn't contribute to that.

But for the rest, we made a list of every expenses and shared it appropriately
eg me paying for reception hall and him paying for the photographs and video, he bought his clothing and i bought mine i.e suit, shoes, wedding gown etc, i paid for the IVs , he paid for the wedding program, we both paid for the rings, we took care of the feeding from my own side though his people still brought food when they were coming etc when i paid for something on his own list, he paid for something on my own list to balance it.

I can't really say specifically what the % of sharing is but we made sure neither of us carried a burden bigger than us.

[size=5pt]Na 2 of us marry each other.....[/size]

4 Likes

Re: MAN\WOMAN Contributing Money To Finance Their Wedding. by profjendor(m): 2:15pm On Aug 14, 2014
Godmystrength: .

I can't really say specifically what the % of sharing is but we made sure neither of us carried a burden bigger than us.
. Nw dats what I call understanding of equal proportion..no more no less. Not some gum chewing girl dat wnts the guy to and borrow money just because he wnts to marry...
Re: MAN\WOMAN Contributing Money To Finance Their Wedding. by candidbabe(f): 4:00pm On Aug 15, 2014
[quote author=Godmystrength]well i don't think i know the standard way but in my own case, my husband's family took care of the engagement list i.e the yams, oil, box of clothes for bride etc. I didn't contribute to that.

But for the rest, we made a list of every expenses and shared it appropriately
eg me paying for reception hall and him paying for the photographs and video, he bought his clothing and i bought mine i.e suit, shoes, wedding gown etc, i paid for the IVs , he paid for the wedding program, we both paid for the rings, we took care of the feeding from my own side though his people still brought food when they were coming etc when i paid for something on his own list, he paid for something on my own list to balance it.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian’s First Choice Fumigation Services Company: BEDBUG TERMINATOR-CHOGON / What Is The Prescription For Anger? / Wishing Family Section Nairalanders A Happy Valentine!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.