Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

10 Most Unsuspected Ebola Sources To Be Wary Of And Worried About - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Most Unsuspected Ebola Sources To Be Wary Of And Worried About (928 Views)

10 Most Unsuspected Ebola Sources To Be Wary About / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK / 5 Great Protein Sources That Aren't Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Most Unsuspected Ebola Sources To Be Wary Of And Worried About by emma2002(m): 2:19pm On Aug 14, 2014

Here is a broadcast message I just got:: 10 most unsuspected Ebola sources to be wary about (by a concerned citizen)
1) The barbers apron. That piece of cloth soaks and transfers sweat by the hour. The security of your clipper is not good enough
2) Buttons of ATM machines. The pace of usage would make body fluid transfer a must
3) Trying out cloths, watches, hats, glasses, shoes, slippers b4 buying is a no no for now. If you no know your size, no buy.
4) Make up kit. Women share both blushes and powder abi pan-cake any how. No more collective bathroom trips.
5) Door handles / access to public places. I say access because of those bank homer security doors, eateries, hotel doors etc
6) Toll gate staff. Before they give you much more than your change.
7) Passing cell phones: No more "hold on he is here, speak to him". Abeg activate speaker phone or forget the issue.
cool Banking halls and pens: "can I use your pen please?" "No please, I'm sorry"
9) Waiters. You can bet that no hotel makes inter-customer contact bridged by hand sanitizing. Seconds after attending to God-knows-who, she serves you a cold sweating beer...
10) Fuel pumps and fuel tank : Some over skillful people make needless contact with the pump. Please if the attendant opened your tank, let him close it when you're done.

If you can think of more, please add and share. Thank you.
Re: 10 Most Unsuspected Ebola Sources To Be Wary Of And Worried About by Phemsy(m): 2:54pm On Aug 14, 2014
Thank God:i don't do any
Re: 10 Most Unsuspected Ebola Sources To Be Wary Of And Worried About by slightlyMad(f): 3:11pm On Aug 14, 2014
danfo buses' butt to butt sitting arrangement
handshakes
a friend visits you and decides to lye on your bed, washing machine straight!
laptop sharing- abeg make i check my mail
eating in same plate
remote control handling
cash exchange
even cabs are not safe

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Unsuspected Ebola Sources To Be Wary Of And Worried About by Dreal1247: 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
Chairs, tables and counters.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Unsuspected Ebola Sources To Be Wary Of And Worried About by Biggyd2: 4:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
1. Buying and eating peeled and cut up fruits by roadside sellers. Remember that some of them actually wash themselves 'down there' at certain times of the day. You won't be there to supervise how they wash their hands (if they do) before handling those fruits. sad.

2. Buying 'cooked and fried' stuffs from roadside traders. Those things are sometimes allowed to get cold, with these traders and their customers talking over their wares, without face masks. Well let us remember that some people have flying saliva and we won't want to think about where it my land. undecided. Many parents who give their kids N20 to buy food from mama put, instead of cooking for them, should take note.

3. Drinking roadside cold tea from those sellers with funny looking pots or exposed foods and drinks. At this time, let us eat our properly cooked home meals in our houses. Think about it, it will encourage family bonding wink

4. Using roadside malam for pedicure! I still don't understand why people do this, Ebola or no Ebola! angry

5. Sharing stuffy air inside crowded enclosed places like bus. Let us stop overcrowded standing in buses and breathing into each others faces. .

6. Avoid use of public toilets. If you have too, disinfect properly before use. And yes, carry disinfectants with you, if you can wink

7. Schools should not resume unless this thing is contained. We all know how children love to share everything among themselves. There is no love in sharing when it comes to ebola o.

Dem too plenty a beg, make others talk.
Re: 10 Most Unsuspected Ebola Sources To Be Wary Of And Worried About by emma2002(m): 5:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
@ Biggyd2

[size=15pt]Wow...humanity is doomed, I thought my list was exhaustive...lol[/size]
Re: 10 Most Unsuspected Ebola Sources To Be Wary Of And Worried About by Biggyd2: 5:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
emma2002: @ Biggyd2

[size=15pt]Wow...humanity is doomed, I thought my list was exhaustive...lol[/size]

Lol, we all have to be careful. It will pass.

And to sound a note of warning to those who like visiting the daughters of the night and people who jump from one partner to another to hump, beware of this disease. shocked wink
Re: 10 Most Unsuspected Ebola Sources To Be Wary Of And Worried About by Uchwilliam(m): 6:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
Bank cashiers should start usin gloves

(1) (Reply)

8 Dangerous Contact Lens Mistakes You Don't Know You're Making / I Need A Bodybuilder To Answer Me This Question / How Can I Handle Ablutophobia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.