Stats: 3,152,052 members, 7,814,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Ebola Drug Arrives Nigeria Today! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebola Drug Arrives Nigeria Today! (1260 Views)

President Buhari Arrives Nigeria From Ethiopia (Photos) / Buhari Arrives Nigeria after 6 day trip to the UK(photos) / Navy Warship Arrives Nigeria From China (2) (3) (4)

Ebola Drug Arrives Nigeria Today! by davitogreat(m): 2:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
An experimental drug for treatment of Ebola has been provided by a Nigerian in diaspora and will arrive the country today, health minister Onyebuchi Chukwu, has said. The drug, called “Nanosilver”, can now be used following the approval by the World Health Organisation (WHO) that experimental treatments are ethical in the case of the Ebola pandemic.
The Nigerian government authorised the use of experimental drugs on Wednesday. The US sent ZMapp, another experimental drug, to Liberia on Wednesday, while Canada has decided to donate 1,000 vaccines to the affected countries. According to Chukwu, the experimental drug is a donation from a Nigerian scientist who was concerned about threat of Ebola in his home country. “The drug will reach Nigeria today,” he said. Chukwu disclosed that the 169 secondary contacts were still under surveillance, while in all Ebola 11 cases had been recorded, including the index case, Patrick Sawyer, and the two Nigerians who died of the disease. “Some of the people under surveillance have completed the 21 days incubation period, and we have to let them go,” he said. The minister said the nurse, who is a primary contact, who had travelled to Enugu had not developed the symptoms as of the time of her trip, dispelling fears that she might have infected other people. “In Enugu yesterday, there were 21 secondary contacts with the nurse, but after investigations, there are only six secondary contacts now,” he stated. “The nurse who is newly-wedded had no symptoms of the disease when she travelled to Enugu, and while coming back to Lagos she travelled in a special ambulance with her husband. Her husband is under quarantine now.” Chukwu maintained that only Lagos state has recorded Ebola cases.

Read more at: http://www.thecable.ng/breaking-ebola-drug-arrives-nigeria-today | TheCable
Re: Ebola Drug Arrives Nigeria Today! by alienvirus: 2:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
[quote author=davitogreat][/quote]Na d only thing wey we sabi. Let them finish the medical exercise and we buy. Lazy!
Re: Ebola Drug Arrives Nigeria Today! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
[size=28pt]

Patrick Sawyers wife and kids have avoided infection from Ebola, yet it seems every Nigerian Doctor or Nurse that came within 10 metres of him are dropping dead!!

Something does not add up!!!

Make we shine our eyes well well!!

Ebola epidemic is a hoax to panic us into being America's research guinea pig for their experimental vaccine.

Do not allow any experimental vaccines into Nigeria - they will kill a lot of people[/size]
Re: Ebola Drug Arrives Nigeria Today! by Dreal1247: 2:53pm On Aug 14, 2014
God will bless the doctor. Fast or west, home is the best. Us could not do it but our brother has done it for us. I pray the medicine works
Re: Ebola Drug Arrives Nigeria Today! by MaziOmenuko: 2:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
What's up with the secrecy? Give us the name of the Nigerian so we can assess his profile online and see if his drug is worth it!

Make the drug no cause mutation and we come dey get Nigerian x-men cheesy

Re: Ebola Drug Arrives Nigeria Today! by agriboom: 3:13pm On Aug 14, 2014
In this world of deceit, I will advice the federal govt to have the vaccine tested to make sure there is nothing in it that will enhance the mutation of the disease, this new Ebola now airborne is something I find suspicious! The timing of the statement and the delivery is hmmmm, anyways abeg test it b4 giving we people,

We don't need more problems please
Re: Ebola Drug Arrives Nigeria Today! by kokoA(m): 3:16pm On Aug 14, 2014
Good news.. But I hope we know what we are doing o.. Hope these drugs have been properly tested in the lab.
Re: Ebola Drug Arrives Nigeria Today! by Arosa(m): 3:20pm On Aug 14, 2014
GenBuhari:

Patrick Sawyers wife and kids have avoided infection from Ebola, yet it seems every Nigerian Doctor or Nurse that came within 10 metres of him are dropping dead!!

Ebola epidemic is a hoax to panic us into being America's research guinea pig for their experimental vaccine.

Do not allow any experimental vaccines into Nigeria - they will kill a lot of people

Peeps don't want to listen to you lately, I wonder why. Anywho, anybody that takes the vaccine does so at their own risk. lipsrsealed
Re: Ebola Drug Arrives Nigeria Today! by Arosa(m): 3:21pm On Aug 14, 2014
kokoA: Good news.. But I hope we know what we are doing o.. Hope these drugs have been properly tested in the lab.

Not tested on humans yet. grin grin grin
Re: Ebola Drug Arrives Nigeria Today! by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 14, 2014
Ever heard the saying? : A word is enough for the wise.

Those who are wise would listen
Arosa:

Peeps don't want to listen to you lately, I wonder why. Anywho, anybody that takes the vaccine does so at their own risk. lipsrsealed
Re: Ebola Drug Arrives Nigeria Today! by kokoA(m): 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
Arosa:

Not tested on humans yet. grin grin grin
Now it will be tested on our citizens. But I believe it's better any form of experimental drug is used to save the lives of these people. Na person wey dey alive dey get side effects o and I believe their families wouldn't mind.. Life first.
Re: Ebola Drug Arrives Nigeria Today! by Arosa(m): 3:32pm On Aug 14, 2014
GenBuhari: Ever heard the saying? : A word is enough for the wise.

Those who are wise would listen

I agree!
Re: Ebola Drug Arrives Nigeria Today! by shikshark: 3:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
good news....but i hope they will not steal it at the airport?
Re: Ebola Drug Arrives Nigeria Today! by Arosa(m): 3:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
kokoA: Now it will be tested on our citizens. But I believe it's better any form of experimental drug is used to save the lives of these people. Na person wey dey alive dey get side effects o and I believe their families wouldn't mind.. Life first.

If you say so. I'm just an observer, time will tell. undecided
Re: Ebola Drug Arrives Nigeria Today! by idupaul: 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2014
Nano Silver based drugs have been available in Lagos for a long time so what invention is the minister talking about .. Infact I had discussed its possible viabilty in the treatment of Ebola with a friend . Nano silver alone won't work it needs to be combined with three other drugs also available right now in Nigeria
Re: Ebola Drug Arrives Nigeria Today! by Lildreezy(m): 4:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
Re: Ebola Drug Arrives Nigeria Today! by kinharold(m): 4:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
My question about ZMAPP and Ebola:
1. How was the first outbreak of 1976 curtained.
2. Is it since that outbreak of 1976 that ZMAPP Research started?
3. Where has the virus been and how/why dd it breakout now again after all these years?

Re: Ebola Drug Arrives Nigeria Today! by Idrismusty97(m): 6:38pm On Aug 14, 2014
kinharold: My question about ZMAPP and Ebola:
1. How was the first outbreak of 1976 curtained.
2. Is it since that outbreak of 1976 that ZMAPP Research started?

3. Where has the virus been and how/why dd it breakout now again after all these years?
Nice questions. I think number 1 & 2 especially is begging for answers.
Re: Ebola Drug Arrives Nigeria Today! by merieam16(f): 7:12pm On Aug 14, 2014
Oro pesi je hop its works
Re: Ebola Drug Arrives Nigeria Today! by Agbo2(m): 7:16pm On Aug 14, 2014
His wife and kids live in the united states while Sawyer lives in Liberia.
Kachiwo?

GenBuhari:
[size=28pt]

Do not allow any experimental vaccines into Nigeria - they will kill a lot of people[/size]

Jonathan Accepts PDP Adoption Says I Am Raeally Humbled / Hon. Godwin Abigor, State Drictor Of Protocols, Amongst Delta State Delegates / Meet The Face Of Ebola In America---thomas Eric Duncan