Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,735 members, 7,831,341 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Frequently Asked Questions On Studying Abroad And Securing Study Visas. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Frequently Asked Questions On Studying Abroad And Securing Study Visas. (653 Views)

How To Focus On Studying / Frequently Asked Questions About JAMB Computer Based Test / Online Economics Questions On Jamb, Pume And Any Examination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Frequently Asked Questions On Studying Abroad And Securing Study Visas. by oamronnie(f): 11:01am On Aug 15, 2014
Dear Student,
Trust you are having a great day.
This is to sincerely appreciate you for finding time to read this post.
I know you have a lot of questions about securing admission abroad and getting your study visa.
To help you, i have put together a list of frequently asked questions on studying abroad and visa procurement. Enjoy!

Q: What are the requirements to study abroad?
A: To study abroad at the undergraduate level, you must have the following: High school or secondary school certificate, minimum of five credit passes in relevant subjects, international passport. For postgraduate study, the following are usually needed: First degree certificate, transcript showing grades, a statement of purpose/admission essay, two reference letters, English language proficiency certificate.

Q: When do I need to apply?
A: Apply as soon as possible but only after you and your sponsor are sure you definitely wish to and are able to go for the study.

Q: How long does it take to get an offer?
A: It depends on the school and your application. For instance, if your application is incomplete, it will delay the application process and you will get your offer late. Generally speaking, universities issue offer letters 2-3 weeks after submission of application.

Q: How easy is it to get a student visa to study abroad?
A: If you are a genuine student who has the financial sponsorship to do a course of study which is relevant to your personal career development, it can be quite straightforward to get a study visa.

Q: What does it cost to study abroad?
A: This depends on what course you are studying, at what level and at what institution. It can also depend on where you live as some places are more expensive than others. If you have family or friends you can stay with, this can help to save money.

Q: Can I pay my tuition fees by installments?
A: In most cases, yes. How many installments however depend on the individual institution concerned. A few institutions also offer discounts to sponsors who pay the whole of the first year tuition fees in advance of enrolment at their institution.

Q: Can I defer my entry to a subsequent intake?
A: This is usually possible, but you should state your intention to do so in writing as soon as possible. This is irrespective of whether or not entry is being deferred with the same institution.

Hopefully, you have found answers to your questions here. However, If you have a question not covered or need further clarification, please post it here and i will try to help you.

Warm Regards,
Ronke.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

UNIZIK Admission 2014/2015 List Status Is Already Out!!!!!! / Msc. Anatomy And Physiology Graduates In The House... / Unizik 2014/2015 Departmental Cutoff Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.