Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

[Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z (16249 Views)

How To Root The Infinix Hot X507 And Infinix Hot Note X551 Without Pc / How To Root The New Infinix Hot X507 Android Phone / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by cabsco(m): 5:35pm On Sep 06, 2014
If Kingoroot do really works, then that makes it all easy. Kingoroot is a one-click rooting apps that requires PC, you can download it from here http://www.kingoapp.com/
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by flowjoe: 9:42pm On Sep 06, 2014
Pls can someone tell me the benefits of rooting ?
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by kadhtobi: 3:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
If you need to ask that question then please don't root, it's for those that don't have to ask that question, cos if you don't know what you are doing you would spoil your phone
flowjoe: Pls can someone tell me the benefits of rooting ?
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by Muqtadir: 3:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
I am very glad to see active forums on Phantom Z. I am from Kenya and tried all rooting including Kingroot. Nothing has worked so far. Can we also include a forum on XDA developers to enhance Tecno Phantom Z awareness and android developments.

1 Like

Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by Demmzy15(m): 5:38pm On Sep 07, 2014
Muqtadir: I am very glad to see active forums on Phantom Z. I am from Kenya and tried all rooting including Kingroot. Nothing has worked so far. Can we also include a forum on XDA developers to enhance Tecno Phantom Z awareness and android developments.

welcome to naija brother!!!

1 Like

Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by parrotibaba(m): 7:14pm On Sep 07, 2014
d users of dis phone should open an official thread with detailed review of d phone abi na fake una buy? sad

1 Like

Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by Demmzy15(m): 7:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
parrotibaba: d users of dis phone should open an official thread with detailed review of d phone abi na fake una buy? sad

Abi o
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by drizzy009: 9:29am On Sep 08, 2014
First enable USB Debugging in your phone. To do
this go to Settings->Developer options and enable
USB Debugging in it. In case you dont find developer
options in your settings just go to Settings->About
phone. There you can see build number. Tap it 5 times
and you can get Developer options now.
Download and install PDA net drivers
Now download Graphical Auto Root tool
Now extract the root tool and connect your phone to
PC.
Now run the .exe file of root tool.
You will see some Chinese thing. Just tap the button and
it will start rooting your phone. Reboot your phone
after it finishes.
If you are successfully rooted u can see Supersu
appearing and you can use it check if you have rooted it
correctly.
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by cabsco(m): 3:19pm On Sep 08, 2014
Muqtadir: I am very glad to see active forums on Phantom Z. I am from Kenya and tried all rooting including Kingroot. Nothing has worked so far. Can we also include a forum on XDA developers to enhance Tecno Phantom Z awareness and android developments.

You mean Kingoroot? because someone said on the first thread of this page (Shokobalongo) that he rooted his Phantom Z using Kingroot.

Note: Kingroot tool is different from Kingoroot. Kingoroot official site is www.kingoapp.com while that of Kingroot is www.kingroot.net ( use google translate)
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by walesy4real(m): 9:18am On Sep 09, 2014
All the various rooting tools arent working for Phantom Z, Even graphical easy root tools arent working either..

Pls help with more research peeps. Sp flash tool is another tool to remove the custom rom but its nt dt advisible now?
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by cabsco(m): 9:42am On Sep 09, 2014
WHY WOULD TECNO DENIES PEOPLE OF ROOTING THIS BLOODY HELL PHONE? I THINK THEIR PRIDE IS GETTING TO THERE HEADS.

I KNOW TECNO HAS TAMPERED AND SOMEHOW PROTECT THE MTK SoC THIS PHONE USE, IF NOT ATLEAST ONE OF THOSE ABOVE METHODS SHOULD WORK.

-----------------------------------------

MADE IN A*R*C* THINGS ARE ALWAYS DIFFERENT.
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by difance(m): 11:13am On Sep 09, 2014
I just root my Phantom z now..... Gat to meet me in ebonyi to root it to free for you.... This method is safe and u don't a pc. Works like framaroot.

Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by ocline60: 1:20pm On Sep 09, 2014
I have root access too. I used kingroot 3.3.0. You can search that on 4shared.com. Full root access was not granted at the first instance. I had to unroot then reroot again using same app.
At last this root difficulty has been conquered. Below is my proof.

And to the guy asking for 5k for assistance. My comment to him is... Dearis God

Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by ajaolu(m): 10:39pm On Sep 09, 2014
ocline60: I have root access too. I used kingroot 3.3.0. You can search that on 4shared.com. Full root access was not granted at the first instance. I had to unroot then reroot again using same app.

Thanks, God bless you pal. What remains now is how to flash Cwm recovery and install xposed framework.
I am still on those but no success.
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by cabsco(m): 2:14pm On Sep 10, 2014
ocline60: I have root access too. I used kingroot 3.3.0. You can search that on 4shared.com. Full root access was not granted at the first instance. I had to unroot then reroot again using same app.

Thanks dude, for those that do not know where to download it, here is the direct link to latest version (3.3.1) http://res.kingroot.net/msoft/webapp_kingroot/image/KingRoot_Android_3.3.1.146_105001.apk

2 Likes

Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by ajaolu(m): 5:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
I have gained root access using that kingroot, the phone is just amazing, excellent audio quality, screen, performance. It's just too much.

1 Like

Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by bfacekenne(m): 10:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
The rooting was successful but am trying to change imei number throught mtk app but the phone refuse to change......pls has anybody tried changing imei number.....pla i need help just bought the phone want to use my glo bis on it...
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by FKO1(m): 2:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
bfacekenne: The rooting was successful but am trying to change imei number throught mtk app but the phone refuse to change......pls has anybody tried changing imei number.....pla i need help just bought the phone want to use my glo bis on it...
https://www.nairaland.com/1893583/all-those-been-trying-change
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by gokiatech: 10:23am On Sep 16, 2014
I have been able to change my imei, rooted the phone and install cwm. Will soon give u the steps
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by cabsco(m): 5:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
This might help in installing custom CWM recovery on Phantom Z, give it a try and lets know if it works.

http://cabnet-onmobile..com/2014/09/easy-guide-on-how-to-root-and-install.html
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by ocline60: 10:36am On Sep 25, 2014
gokiatech: I have been able to change my imei, rooted the phone and install cwm. Will soon give u the steps

Kindly assist with the steps.

Regards.
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by chely: 6:59am On Sep 28, 2014
Guyz kingroot is very kul n fast n easy n effective. I just rooted my phantom z. This is evident. Check out my font.

Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by difance(m): 11:02am On Sep 28, 2014
Which font wunna use Abeg for this phone..?
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by ajaolu(m): 8:35am On Oct 03, 2014
chely: Guyz kingroot is very kul n fast n easy n effective. I just rooted my phantom z. This is evident. Check out my font.

Hi chely, I found 2 faults with this phone, firstly the camera cannot take the picture of a closeup object with flash on especially in a dark place, it won't be able to control the flash intensity thereby the result coming out entirely white, Note, I can do this on my tecno phantom a plus easily.
Secondly, the voice recording quality is too poor, even compared with my tecno phantom a plus, this isn't a recording settings issue or the recording software you use but internal problem, maybe poor quality mic or firmware issue.
And only 17gb is available compared to the advertised 32gb, it should have been a little above 20gb, after OS and applications space partitioned considering the lack of memory card slot.
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by muchluv(m): 11:06am On Oct 03, 2014
please give steps on how u changed your font
chely: Guyz kingroot is very kul n fast n easy n effective. I just rooted my phantom z. This is evident. Check out my font.
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by cabsco(m): 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
muchluv:
please give steps on how u changed your font

Changing fonts is easy, this guide will help you http://cabnet-onmobile..com/2014/10/how-to-install-and-change-system-fonts.html
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by muchluv(m): 9:09am On Oct 10, 2014
Thanks Bro, Finally rooted, Kingroot did it for me and my font has also been modifed using iFont (root required app)

cabsco:

Changing fonts is easy, this guide will help you http://cabnet-onmobile..com/2014/10/how-to-install-and-change-system-fonts.html
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by ziego(m): 5:55am On Oct 11, 2014
Demmzy15:

Pls hw much did you buy ur own and from where?

Lwkmd. I wonder ooooo. Even phantom A mini with kitkat is difficult to root oooo. All these above mentioned root apps have the boldness to say what a tough phone to root imaging. Chai there is God oooo
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by ziego(m): 6:33am On Oct 11, 2014
Good news guys kingroot 3.4.1 rocks. Just rooted my phantom A mini with 4.4.2 android version.
Check it out at
First download 4SHARED APP FROM Google store.
Install and register
Search for kingroot
U will see many versions
Select 3.3.0 or the newest version 3.4.1
Install and root.

Pls Any idea How to change imei
I got the prompt that the command is not allowed by userbuild.
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by cabsco(m): 5:38pm On Oct 12, 2014
ziego:
Good news guys kingroot 3.4.1 rocks. Just rooted my phantom A mini with 4.4.2 android version.
Check it out at
First download 4SHARED APP FROM Google store.
Install and register
Search for kingroot
U will see many versions
Select 3.3.0 or the newest version 3.4.1
Install and root.

Pls Any idea How to change imei
I got the prompt that the command is not allowed by userbuild.
Follow this procedures carefully http://cabnet-onmobile..com/2014/09/full-procedures-on-how-to-change.html
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by ziego(m): 6:27pm On Oct 12, 2014
cabsco:

Follow this procedures carefully http://cabnet-onmobile..com/2014/09/full-procedures-on-how-to-change.html

Did it now, They said access denied. I wonder If this phone Na Tecno ooo. Or Na becos of kitkat platform. My bis go soon expire. I need change this imei
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 12, 2014
Why don't you guys just write your own code to root instead of mumbling from one till kit to another

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting / How To Install Any Version Of Windows On Your Android Phone / Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.