Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,716 members, 7,824,027 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

What Is The Christian View Of Suicide? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Christian View Of Suicide? (1153 Views)

The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Oritsejeafor Is An Occult Man. And Cannot Represent A Genuine Christian View / Mercy Killing: The Christian View. . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Christian View Of Suicide? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
With the world still offering condolences to the family of ‪‎Robin Williams‬, what is the Christian view of ‪‎suicide‬?
Re: What Is The Christian View Of Suicide? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
It's a sin dat God can't forgive. How do u want to repent of.ur sin? No forgiveness in grave.
Re: What Is The Christian View Of Suicide? by TheBigUrban2: 2:53pm On Aug 15, 2014
But christians commit suicide.

Jesus himself committed suicide too. Why else would he let Judas betray him despite having foreknowledge of the betrayal?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Christian View Of Suicide? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
The Christian religion is based on suicide.

Re: What Is The Christian View Of Suicide? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:04pm On Aug 15, 2014
The question again is; What is the Christian's view on suicide?

Re: What Is The Christian View Of Suicide? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

With the world still offering condolences to the family of ‪‎Robin Williams‬, what is the Christian view of ‪‎suicide‬?

What is the Christian view of suicide?
Re: What Is The Christian View Of Suicide? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:50am On Sep 24, 2014
Here's a suicide superstory I came across on the internet recently, and I believe it may encourage someone:

A man preparing to jump off a bridge to commit suicide after losing his high profile job of 20 years, stands on the edge of the rail, contemplating jumping.

As he was about to jump, a lady showed up, also wanting to jump because she has been looking for work for the past 5 years with no luck. She had become depressed and felt she lacked purpose.

Here's what happened:

First man: "If you don't mind I would like a little bit of privacy here."
Woman: "Well if you stop contemplating and just jump, I can get mine over with"
First man: "I honestly don't want you watching. I will like to do this alone"
Woman: "Well it's a FREE world and this bridge hasn't got your name on it"

The two of them starts arguing when a second man shows up preparing to jump. He seemed much older and well accomplished in life.

Second man: " If you two don't mind I would like to leave this world in peace. Could you take this somewhere else?"

First Man: "I beg your pardon, I was here first. I have the right to jump first"

Woman: "And I am next. You will have to wait your turn"

Second man: "I'll give you both £1m each if you shut up, leave me in peace and let me jump first"

The two of them paused for a second and both asked:

"Why are you jumping again?"

second man: "Life seems boring, hopeless, the love of my life is betrothed to be married to another man because I am not of the same religion. She clearly does not love this man but her family will never allow her to marry me and I can't bare the thought of losing her. I am wealthy and and I can honestly tell you that money certainly does not buy happiness.

A third person, a lady, then shows up and on seeing the second man, she literally collapsed to the ground with the second man running to her aid.

It seemed the second man recognised her, she is the love of his life.

She opened her eyes and realised she was finally in the arms of the man she has always loved. Her parents would never agree to them getting married to him and she was betrothed to someone else against her wish. She also decided to end her life.

They both stared each other in the eyes and the second lady said:

"What are the odds. Let's just get married and to hell with everyone. We were going to end our lives for it so why don't we live out our lives for what we believe in"

Filled with exhilaration, the second man turned to the first two:

"You two can get on with jumping now, I am no longer interested. We are going home"

First man: "Hell no! Not so fast. You owe us. If we had let you jump first, you would never have seen her. You owe us £1m each."

First woman: "Actually for a second chance in life which I believe is more valuable than suicide, I think you should make that £2m each"

The second man smiles and looks at them: "Why were you two going to jump anyway?"

The two, feeling stupid but yet hopeful, explained their predicament.

Second man: "I think you two owe me because if I hadn't showed up you will still be jobless and would have jumped. This is what I propose, promise me you wouldn't jump, come over to my house, celebrate with me and I will see to it that you both have jobs come Monday morning with £100k each to start kick start your lives all over again."

Question:

Who still went ahead and jumped?

What are you going through right now? Before you give up, just wait a little bit. Miracles happen everyday and in most cases, it comes from total strangers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Christian View Of Suicide? by Image123(m): 4:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
nice thread. Suicide is suicidal. A one way ticket to hell.
Re: What Is The Christian View Of Suicide? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:07am On Sep 25, 2014
Image123:

For sure. How you dey?
Re: What Is The Christian View Of Suicide? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:07am On Sep 25, 2014
Image123:

For sure. How you dey? smiley
Re: What Is The Christian View Of Suicide? by Image123(m): 1:34pm On Sep 25, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

For sure. How you dey? smiley
Good bro, bouncing in the Lord as it were.
Re: What Is The Christian View Of Suicide? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:10pm On Sep 25, 2014
Image123:

Good bro, bouncing in the Lord as it were.

Ajuwaya! wink
Re: What Is The Christian View Of Suicide? by Zikdik(m): 2:54pm On Sep 25, 2014
Image123: nice thread. Suicide is suicidal. A one way ticket to hell.
Jesus is in hell then.
https://www.nairaland.com/1901074/did-jesus-commit-suicide

(1) (Reply)

I / When Acqually Did Satan Fell Was It Before Or After / Walk With The Right People To Overcome Life Challenges!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.