Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters (30843 Views)

Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors / Amazing! Patients Pay Doctors To Use Surgical Equipment Atigbobi Hospital / Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by tuoyoojo(m): 1:01am On Aug 16, 2014
Adiwana: dude,you just talked like a primary2 pupil...so cos the job of a police officer is to save life,dat gves him the right to demand 2million per annum salary?...i smell ebola sad
Mr man or what eva u be, if he tinks his job entitles him to that much, by all means let him ask. If senators tink they r entitled to taking 2billion a year and dey get it, how does dat affect u.I hope u wud be around, wen d govt concedes to our demands. I go buy u pure water mak u take wash face and By d way ur comments, views or notions doesn't count at all!

2 Likes

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by maestroferddi: 1:03am On Aug 16, 2014
provenus:
I'm a barrister, and I do pro-bono work all the time. Free consultation ain't no crime. That said, In my humble opinion, I think it's foolishness for the 'doctors ' to keep commenting and responding to insults from half- illiterates (aren't we all? )! Maintain your elevated stance as king of the jungle (health sector)! If government in all her wisdom or foolishness decides to terminate residency program, retreat and wait till they come begging. Bantering words on the pages of nairaland will avail nought! The battle for the soul of Nigeria will not be fought in this generation. Shebi we are doing 'siddon look'!!!
What exactly is the point(s) you were trying to make?
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by sooperrescue(m): 1:49am On Aug 16, 2014
My fear of the competence of the Nigerian Doctor is the reason for my excellent health status. When I have Malaria, I drink only water. The drug and the dispensers are not to be trusted. I can tell of many false diagnostics of the Nigeria Doctor. I advise all Nigerians to take very good care of their health. The Nigerian Doctor that destroyed the VAMED equipment, because they could not operate it, they called them substandard. A group that has no standard destroyed sub standard equipment. Go to National Hospital in Abuja, with all the equipment there, the death rate is high. Federal Govt Hospitals are number 1 choice whenever a doctor is seeking for employment. They even prefer a FMC than a state teaching hospital. They divert patients to their private clinics and work half heartily for the people. Imagine a scenario with a doctor diverting govt clients to his hospital or foreign hospitals. That is wickedness. But on a brighter side, their incompetence is also a good incentive to get well quickly. I had a friend's dad who was very sick and he was admitted into a high brow hospital near Mobil Hq in VI. In a room all by himself, with LCD TV, A/C and fresh home cooked food, this old man refused to get well. Then the son decided to take him to LUTH cos the funds were fast depleting. In LUTH, in a general ward, face me I face you, the man was very uncomfortable and refused to eat for 3 days. One evening, his neighbour in the bed opposite him died suddenly and the old man immediately asked for food and two days later, he was well and was discharged.
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by laplace19(m): 2:14am On Aug 16, 2014
laplace12:
Lol,
Work, you no wan work.
Resign, you no gree resign.
Sack, you no gree make them sack you.
employee wey pass em oga undecided

Bro,...please,we can't be sharing this username.... make some changes,biko
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by laplace12(m): 2:15am On Aug 16, 2014
laplace19:

Bro,...please,we can't be sharing this username.... make some changes,biko

Do I know you
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by Nobody: 2:28am On Aug 16, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Look,,,,here is the scoop.

Residency training in Nigeria goes like this.....you write an exam called the primary (of which there are two flavours....West African, which carries more power....and National/Nigerian...which is just as hard).After you pass....you then get a place to do the residency (Which involves job interviews/exams). Then once you get the job...you work as a junior resident for two-three years....after which you write an exam that if you pass (it is a very tough exam) you become a senior resident. Then another three years....after which you write the exam that if you pass means you become a consultant. ALSO....you do a research project during the time you are a resident....and THAT project is part of your final exam for consultant.

So, sacking all the residents....means you have to replace like for like.And a common medical officer(Like me!)cannot just slip into the shoes of a senior resident....or even junior resident. To put it simply.....it is a disaster waiting to happen. And poor Mr Consultant would have a hard time of it....doing most of the jobs that senior resident is supposed to do.And students...the young medical students...would have a hard time of it.

It isn't that simple. You cannot replace experience.

Bro you shouldn't be explaining anything to Nigerians again..do you think they don't understand all what you've said before you even open your mouth...they just don't wanna accept it for whatever reason in their deepest of hearts..Nigerians are the most ungrateful set of people in the world towards their care-givers...quote me anywhere...they are hell-bent on not appreciating anything doctors do for them so pls stop wasting your time explaining something they already understand but won't accept!!!

7 Likes

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by yomi007k(m): 2:56am On Aug 16, 2014
saxywale:
eeemmm.but they were already on strike. so of what use are they to the masses.
Na d same ppl u go jam for private hosp. Don't talk like dat
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by Nobody: 2:57am On Aug 16, 2014
prettyprettywow: i thought your leaders said we have 47,000 Drs? how come they are now 30,000?

Brain drain perhaps
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by Nobody: 3:02am On Aug 16, 2014
ocelot2006:

Okay oh. When you're told to pay N250,000.00 for a surgery that'll cost you N80, 000.00 at a teaching hospital, you will understand.

That's even too far-fetched...go for the common illnesses..I was criticized by my Oga at the top in a private hospital that my bills are too small...the next time I treated severe malaria in a child I billed them 30500 and the manager was proud of moi!

2 Likes

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by Nobody: 3:12am On Aug 16, 2014
bushdoc9919:

OK.....privatization means no more government subsidies for the hosptials.

Hospital management board raises fees to meet costs.

That means that the average Nigerian pays more for health care.

And it means that we medics get paid higher salaries....because we are now working for a private company....not the government.(and private firms pay higher....keeps the staff loyal).

Health care becomes the preserve of the rich....and the poor(most Nigerians) won't be able to afford it.

Capisce?

I really admire the way you reply his childish quotes...you are matured.
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by Nobody: 3:30am On Aug 16, 2014
bushdoc9919:

You really want this privatisation do you?

Well......FYI...I am not opposed to it(And I even work in a large Private Hospital!as a staff doctor.......I do not work for the government)....and in fact believe it means extra funding for hospitals....so that we can do lots of research for example. Unfortunately....it is you poor Nigerians that would suffer.

So,unless you want to pay twenty times what you pay in a government hospital for the same service....you would not like privatization.

See the more you try to explain to them the more they think you're bluffing...let them have a taste of it so they can understand better...afterall experience they say is the best teacher

2 Likes

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by Nobody: 3:37am On Aug 16, 2014
You cannot be more powerful than your employer. I cannot imagine doctors working for private hospitals who are paid far less in salary and perks subjecting their employer to massive unavoidable deaths due to desertion of duty without official leave on excuse of obeying a strike order by an association which is NOT a registered trade union.

The FG through the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria can and should use that as a basis for bringing disciplinary action against the striking doctors and the punishment should go as far as permanent revocation of their medical licenses and shutdown of their private practices. The government is legally empowered to do so.
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by Nobody: 3:38am On Aug 16, 2014
adorable29: SACK THEM ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

They have no regards or give a hoot about the poor patients that are dying every day due to the fact that they can't afford a good private hospital..... All they care about is their selfish ego and money money money!

Trully, gone are the days when doctors were noble and selfless. This generation of doctors are a bunch of heartless people (na cultist full the work now sef) with no iota of passion or calling.

My 2kobo

CULTISTS Lmfao...Nigerians are very wonderful people! & are really fun to be with. Can't wait to laugh at my ppl's reasoning when I eventually get to God's own country..
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by dynatress: 3:41am On Aug 16, 2014
prettyprettywow: and they want to use it to make mouth? I prescribe drugs over the phone, but that doesn't make it right, and i can't come out to make mouth like i am the alpha and omega
follwed this thread closely just to see your response to this comment. so you do prescribe via phone too without examining the patient and taking some proper history too like the same doctors you castigated in your previous post? permit me to say you're just a hater who possibly may have attempted for medicine and not succeed. Get a life and be happy with whatever profession you find yourself. Mind you I'm not a doctor.

4 Likes

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by Nobody: 4:29am On Aug 16, 2014
johnbosco97: [color=#006600][/color]

It shows how shallow minded you are. After executing them, u will take all sick Nigerians for medical tourism in India. Nigerians actually deserve the kind of l eaders they have.

Yes they do Bro.
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by Nobody: 4:32am On Aug 16, 2014
armadeo:

I remember as a h/o, prior to this time I never thought a woman could rupture her uterus, come and see matter.

They call it rubbing back then. Like 3 weekly ruptured uterus. I also remember this boy about 11 who had an open fracture and went to a home setter who promptly shoved the bone back in his leg and tied it. By the time they landed in the hospital gangrene had finished the leg above the knee. Ortho peeps here know what was done.

AMPUTATION of course..ain't even ortho but OBGYN in the making..
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by Nobody: 4:38am On Aug 16, 2014
owleyes: Economics - A1
Mathematics - B2
Chemistry- B2
Account- A1
Biology- B3
Commerce- A1
English Language- A1
Government- C3
Physics- B2
Agric- C4
Geography- A1
History- C5
Further Maths- B2

If you want your W.A.E.C G.C.E Result should be like the one above. Then Visit www.Cityexam.ml for 100%Sure W.A.E.C G.C.E Exam Answers.

Your English alone is an eyesore..

1 Like

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by prettyprettywow: 4:43am On Aug 16, 2014
dynatress: follwed this thread closely just to see your response to this comment. so you do prescribe via phone too without examining the patient and taking some proper history too like the same doctors you castigated in your previous post? permit me to say you're just a hater who possibly may have attempted for medicine and not succeed. Get a life and be happy with whatever you're profession you find yourself. Mind you I'm not a doctor.
my main point is that it is not something to be proud of. So don't come here to make mouth about prescribing drug over the phone. It is wrong. In nigeria, even the chemist and quacks all prescribe drug over the phone. As a dr, it is ethically and legally wrong, and a real Dr knows it. proudly Saying that you prescribe drug over the phone is stupid. So don't come here to tell me about dropping out of medical school because, we have passed that stage. The stage we are in now is to beg the FG to take you guys back.

You don't have to tell me that you are not a Dr because I don't actually care who you are or what you do. And I am very happy with me, cos I have got a great job!!!

5 Likes

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by Nobody: 4:53am On Aug 16, 2014
kalokalo: You cannot be more powerful than your employer. I cannot imagine doctors working for private hospitals who are paid far less in salary and perks subjecting their employer to massive unavoidable deaths due to desertion of duty without official leave on excuse of obeying a strike order by an association which is NOT a registered trade union.

The FG through the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria can and should use that as a basis for bringing disciplinary action against the striking doctors and the punishment should go as far as permanent revocation of their medical licenses and shutdown of their private practices. The government is legally empowered to do so.

For you to think that Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria that supports residency training will do such a thing shows you are a Nigerian...only a Nigerian can fathom such.
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by dynatress: 4:58am On Aug 16, 2014
prettyprettywow: my main point is that it is not something to be proud of. So don't come here to make mouth for prescribing drug over the phone. It is wrong. In nigeria, even the chemist and quacks all prescribe drug over the phone. As a dr, it is ethically wrong, and a real Dr knows it, proudly Saying that you prescribe drug over the phone is stupid. So don't come here to tell me about dropping out of medical school because, we have passed that stage. The stage we are in now is to beg the FG to take you guys back.

You don't have to tell me that you are not a Dr because I don't actually care who you are or what you do. And I am very happy with me, cos I have got a great job!!!
who exactly are the you guys from your comments you really don't sound contended and envious of doctors, my point is the health sector is corrupt as everybody can see that its not just the doctors spoiling it, you just attested to doing something ethically wrong, who knows how many wrong practices you may be carrying out? the log out of your eyes first!!! You're hating face the truth! tongue
prettyprettywow: my main point is that it is not something to be proud of. So don't come here to make mouth for prescribing drug over the phone. It is wrong. In nigeria, even the chemist and quacks all prescribe drug over the phone. As a dr, it is ethically wrong, and a real Dr knows it, proudly Saying that you prescribe drug over the phone is stupid. So don't come here to tell me about dropping out of medical school because, we have passed that stage. The stage we are in now is to beg the FG to take you guys back.

who exactly are the you guys from your comments you really don't sound contended and envious of doctors, my point is the health sector is corrupt as everybody can see that its not just the doctors spoiling it, you just attested to doing something ethically wrong, who knows how many wrong practices you may be carrying out?get the log out of your eyes first!!! You're hating face the truth!

3 Likes

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by prettyprettywow: 5:43am On Aug 16, 2014
dynatress: who exactly are the you guys from your comments you really don't sound contended and envious of doctors, my point is the health sector is corrupt as everybody can see that its not just the doctors spoiling it, you just attested to doing something ethically wrong, who knows how many wrong practices you may be carrying out? the log out of your eyes first!!! You're hating face the truth! tongue who exactly are the you guys from your comments you really don't sound contended and envious of doctors, my point is the health sector is corrupt as everybody can see that its not just the doctors spoiling it, you just attested to doing something ethically wrong, who knows how many wrong practices you may be carrying out?get the log out of your eyes first!!! You're hating face the truth!
You really do sound bitter. Eyaa, pele, ndo, E go better for you. The person i quoted is not even saying anything, and you are here taking panadol for another person's headache. I think you are the one who really need to go back to medical school cos this thing don pain you pass the resident drs sef. mtcheeewww. State your own point and move over. stop attacking people who are expressing their opinions abeg

1 Like

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by TRADELYN: 5:50am On Aug 16, 2014
grin OK...let's see how it goes!
lrguru: bros, this is not an empty threat o! They have been sacked for real. I'd advice all resident doctors to apply for jobs elsewhere since u want to bite the fingers that fed u. Must everybody be govt worker? Govt no good, but una no wan leave govt work. The one month salary been paid to you guys should be saved for postin ur CV's to different hospitals/clinics/lab/chemist or even bakery.
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by Arsenate(m): 5:53am On Aug 16, 2014
dino2006: Wow! Having followed this thread from the first post to this point, I've realized how much hate and venom people have amassed towards the doctors. This is the perfect time for them to vent and let it all out.
It has always been about how much the doctor earns, and no one stopped any of these l.ow-lives, sons-and-daughters-of-a-thousand-fathers from being doctors themselves so they can benefit from the 'largesse' they so much envy.
Here is a word for all you re.tar.deens. When all of this is settled and doctors return to the hospitals, you will come for consultations and then you will know who your true helper is. We are going to remember every dumba** comments you've made here today and mete it out coin for coin. Get ready to call on your johesu friends for help when we get started on you.
I know in your ces.spi.t of a mind, you wil be screaming 'I patronize private private hospitals', but the bulk of you still patronize government hospitals inaddition to those that will be referred from private hospitals back to the despised general hospitals.
Then we will know who the true boss is.

PS: Go to the general hospitals now, they are shadows of themselves. Let johesu run the show now. When johesu went on strike doctors still kept the hospitals afloat. Every available hand was deployed into use including medical students in the medical schools.

LONG LIVE NARD!! LONG LIVE NMA!!!
Lol, what you gonna do, doc? shout at the patients? treat them like craps? deliberately kill them? dumbassss doc threatening his patients online, in the glaring eye of the world. only our dumbasss naija docs. bunch of sickos.

4 Likes

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by sartorius(m): 5:55am On Aug 16, 2014
most of the energy should be directed at resolving the impassse
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by DBestDoc(f): 6:04am On Aug 16, 2014
prettyprettywow: my main point is that it is not something to be proud of. So don't come here to make mouth about prescribing drug over the phone. It is wrong. In nigeria, even the chemist and quacks all prescribe drug over the phone. As a dr, it is ethically and legally wrong, and a real Dr knows it. proudly Saying that you prescribe drug over the phone is stupid. So don't come here to tell me about dropping out of medical school because, we have passed that stage. The stage we are in now is to beg the FG to take you guys back.

At this point, i have to break my rule which is never to post on any thread 'bout the Nigerian Health sector and the joke of a country in general to counter your bolded statement.

Your comments on all (Naija)Doctors/NMA threads are packed with so much hatred and jealousy that make me wonder what exactly it is you have with Naija Docs undecided undecided

You sure will be"very happy" with your Nursing profession or whatever it is you're doing if you 'ld face it squarely and leave the Doctors out of your business or better still, go get yourself a place in a med. Sch

All the best!

3 Likes

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by ican2020: 6:10am On Aug 16, 2014
FG should go ahead and send all this long throat dotikas packing for good
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by prettyprettywow: 6:24am On Aug 16, 2014
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by prettyprettywow: 6:26am On Aug 16, 2014
DBestDoc:

At this point, i have to break my rule which is never to post on any thread 'bout the Nigerian Health sector and the joke of a country in general to counter your bolded statement.

Your comments on all (Naija)Doctors/NMA threads are packed with so much hatred and jealousy that make me wonder what exactly it is you have with Naija Docs undecided undecided

You sure will be"very happy" with your Nursing profession or whatever it is you're doing if you 'ld face it squarely and leave the Doctors out of your business or better still, go get yourself a place in a med. Sch

All the best!
I want what is best for the health sector in Nigeria, hence my interest in this current NMA selfish strike. My comment is always about the current strike and nothing more because i feel some of the demands are unreasonable. The same way I am very much interested and passionate about this current ebola epidemic. once the current health care problem is over, I will pick another interest and focus on that. So it has nothing to do with liking Drs or not as I dine with them and discuss the current issue with them in real life. And I will continue expressing my views as long as the topic interests me. On the other hand, i defend them when the situation calls for it. For now, NMA strike is of interest to me. PERIOD! so deal with it or you vamoose!

I don't have to get an MBBS, as having a PhD is Ok for me.

4 Likes

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by toysleek(f): 6:47am On Aug 16, 2014
dalhat14: So the NMA goes on strike and the government sacks resident doctors, why not sack all the NMA members since residents are only a section of the NMA, and what makes the government think NMA would call off its strike after sacking some of her members. All doctors in Nigeria are members of the NMA so who would restore the services in the hospitals as the government is demanding.
Senseless government
Resident doctors are temporary staff, and yet,the govt pays their school fees throughout their period of training(usually 6yrs),and with that they still collect huge salaries even more than the MO's(cos they dont contribute pension)..Consultants, MO's are permanent staff and cant be sacked anyhow...A consultant collecting btw #500k-800k monthly will not want to lose his/her job fighting for a resident,if a 'NO WORK, NO PAY' is forced on them..So they can either continue their residency in state teaching hospitals or wait till Fg calls them back.

4 Likes

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by maestroferddi: 6:58am On Aug 16, 2014
drlawizle:

CULTISTS Lmfao...Nigerians are very wonderful people! & are really fun to be with. Can't wait to laugh at my ppl's reasoning when I eventually get to God's own country..
Na today?

Why not fly out to outer space?

Na you sabi who you dey form elitist for...

You guys gotta change your attitude, it is becoming insufferable.
Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by gogodaye(m): 7:02am On Aug 16, 2014
laplace12:
Lol,
Work, you no wan work.
Resign, you no gree resign.
Sack, you no gree make them sack you.
employee wey pass em oga undecided
Don't mind dem...unruly employees who want to foist themselves & their insatiable desires on their employer...come to think of it they've been out not working for more days & collecting salaries within 2013~2014......
FG should enter into an MOU with the Cuban government & recruit Cuban doctors to come work here to call their bluff..

1 Like

Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by maestroferddi: 7:05am On Aug 16, 2014
prettyprettywow: You really do sound bitter. Eyaa, pele, ndo, E go better for you. The person i quoted is not even saying anything, and you are here taking panadol for another person's headache. I think you are the one who really need to go back to medical school cos this thing don pain you pass the resident drs sef. mtcheeewww. State your own point and move over. stop attacking people who are expressing their opinions abeg
A typical Nigerian syndrome: attack the messenger while dodging the message.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body / Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture / Pile (homorrhoids) Is Dealing With Me, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.